IMG_7788 (resized).jpeg
20240331_125550 (resized).jpg
20240331_125530 (resized).jpg
IMG_7728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7727 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7644242_1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240317_201138 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#518 8 years ago

I might have found a score on a very well worn Firepower, but the add says the game works. On a scale of 1 - 10, how hard is it to restore this game from a 100% Noob standpoint?

I havent looked through the entire thread yet, as I am trying to jump on this game, but are there plastics and pf restorers or pf available?

Ok, now to check this thread out.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

#520 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

Depends on how much money you want to spend and likely not ever recoup. You can buy a lot of repro parts for it.

Ok cool, thanks for the advice. It was parts I was most worried about. The ad says it works, so that is a plus that way Im not trying to troubleshoot electrical issues right off the bat. They are asking $450 obo, which to me seems like a steel. The PF is very very worn though. I mean to the wood worn. Does that seem like a good price?

#523 8 years ago

Ok cool, thanks guys. I've asked how the sides look, but no response back yet.

#527 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Famous last words. Chances are there are a few things not working or not working correctly on a game like this.
You didn't list what part of the world you are in. That can make a difference on the price and availability. In my experience, you will have to wait quite a while before finding a working firepower for $200-300 in my neck of the woods and when it comes up, it will go fast.
Also agree with catboxer. Its tough to recoup the cost of a new PF, plastic set and LEDs on this title. So do it for your own enjoyment or for the love of the machine, not as an investment...

No reply back yet on the actual playable condition. If I were to buy it, it would be for somewhat sentimental reasons, as it's the first pin that I really played with any consistency as an arcade kid of the 80's, so it would be a keeper.

#532 8 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I have not heard that one!

Perfect reason to buy one. I too dropped almost all my quarters into Firepower at the roller rink! Just be warned, Firepower is a gateway pin..... it leads to purchasing more expensive titles. FP was my first almost 2 years ago.... now I have 8 total.

Well METLE was my gateway. My buddy heard early on it was a go and I didn't hesitate n but there won't be many of those. $$$$ pins in my house lol. I think I missed out on the Firepower though. If I was in town when it came up, it would have been mine..

1 month later
#543 8 years ago
Quoted from Jumping-Box:

I curious, did you buy it or not? Firepower is also in my heart, and stressing over saving a hundred dollars or so is not worth it. Lucky for us, compared to other pins Firepower is affordable.

Sorry, he had it sold.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-club?tu=Roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.