IMG_7788 (resized).jpeg
20240331_125550 (resized).jpg
20240331_125530 (resized).jpg
IMG_7728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7727 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7644242_1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240317_201138 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Masspinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1587 6 years ago

Hey gang. About to become a member and picking up a restored FP with a nice original p/f next week. It does need new pop bumpers caps though. Where is the best place to purchase them and does anyone sell a set that look close in resemblance to the original ones?

#1589 6 years ago

Thank you man. I guess I'll go with the Classic Arcade ones.

#1591 6 years ago

Ordered. I'll post some photos next weekend when I bring it home. Very excited to finally be a FP owner and club member.

#1593 6 years ago

That's why I bought one. I recall playing one in the Navy at a rec center in Rota Spain in '81. This restored one will play 10 x faster than that. I hate easy games!

#1609 6 years ago

Yea the Arcade Classic ones look like the closest PB caps you can get that resemble the originals. Thanks man.

Quoted from La_Porta:I purchased the set of classic arcades. Not 100% exactly perfect, the lines don't end exactly where the originals do, but the difference is imperceptible unless you are REALLY looking. I'll include a picture. If you look at a photo of the originals, the innermost red line ends up top past the Williams W...on the repros, the lines end slightly lower than the W. It's much better than dingy ones. They are on eBay right now:

ebay.com link » Firepower Pinball Machine Pop Bumper Cap Set

#1613 6 years ago

Picked up my restored FP and all I can say is wow! New PB caps should be here Monday. The only issue now is my backglass looks lousy and I want to replace it and not wait for BG resto to repair this one.

Where's the best place to get a nice replacement FP backglass?..Mayfair amusements?

#1616 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Mayfair still has them but you might want to wait just a little more. Pps is about to have another repro out and possibly cheaper with the correct colors. See post number 1506 in this thread.

Thanks Travish. Yea I'd be definitely interested in ordering one from Pps as well.

#1620 6 years ago

Do any FP owners who have the new updated FP software Roms installed know if you can stack extra balls if you play really well on one ball and advance through a few modes?

I had a really successful ball on a game last night and I then had an extra ball awarded for the next "two" balls in play and not just one.

2 weeks later
#1643 6 years ago

The discussion about the potential new Fire Power backglass production has gotten very quiet. Does anyone know if this going to happen anytime in the near future or should I just get a Mayfair one that’s already available for purchase now?

1 week later
#1656 6 years ago

Do any club members have a spare used FP plastic they could sell me? As you can see this one is beat and what’s left of it is held together by glue and tape. It’s the middle p/f right side one above the 4-6 stand up targets.

FB954E4C-82B2-40F3-A42B-EFC453841BC4 (resized).jpegFB954E4C-82B2-40F3-A42B-EFC453841BC4 (resized).jpeg

#1659 6 years ago

Thanks guys! If either of you want to sell me that plastic please PM me. Oh and I also heard that Planetary Pinball should have the nice new backglasses available FS very soon.

#1661 6 years ago

Thanks for looking man. Travish I’ll PM you.

3 weeks later
#1686 6 years ago

Now we need the new backglasses. PP said they’d be ready FS three weeks ago. I’m sure they’d sell them quickly if this ever happens.

2 weeks later
#1744 6 years ago

Just ordered the new FP backglass and stand up targets decal set. Very excited!

If anyone needs a mediocre FP backglass for a reasonable price PM me.

1 week later
#1781 6 years ago

New FP backglass. The right side has window sunlight glare in the photo but overall the reds look darker and it’s a beauty. Now I just need a new lift channel and the plastic sides that I’ll order from Gatecrasher.

10DEB2A0-B2C9-4DFC-B81A-662D28183856 (resized).jpeg10DEB2A0-B2C9-4DFC-B81A-662D28183856 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#1961 6 years ago
Quoted from Jumping-Box:

I need help with my backglass key please. The key will only turn about 3/4, and I can't remove backglass. I believe the center bracket is preventing the backglass from lifting up.

Grab a helper. Have one person manually lift the glass up out of the channel as gently as possible. The other person can turn the key up and down until hopefully you both get in sync and the key will then turn all the way and you can take the b/g out if that’s your goal here.

2 months later
#2058 6 years ago

Firepower tech issue. My right flipper has always felt a bit weaker than the left one, even after both were rebuilt about six months ago. Last night the right flipper suddenly just died and then worked again, but only when both flipper buttons were pressed simultaneously. If you just pressed the right flipper button after that it would eventually die again after about five flips.

Now today suddenly the right one is working again just like it did before. It’s still a bit weaker than the left one. I’m not terribly tech savvy but have friends that are. Any idea(s) where to check for the issue?

#2062 6 years ago

Thanks guys. Will have a buddy check it out soon and I’ll report back on the progress.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Masspinballfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-club?tu=Masspinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.