IMG_7788 (resized).jpeg
20240331_125550 (resized).jpg
20240331_125530 (resized).jpg
IMG_7728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7727 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7644242_1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240317_201138 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brijam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1084 7 years ago

Hi, new-ish Firepower owner here, and I just did my very first LED conversion! Woo hoo! I used the Ablaze 4-SMD-LED bulbs from Pinball Life, and color matched to the inserts. WOW, what a difference. I really like blazing color, and those LEDs did not disappoint! The conversion was really easy too. I tried some Ablaze 1-LED flat top lens and they were too dim for my taste, very much the same level of brightness on the original incandescents.

Also, does anyone know where to obtain a left slingshot plastic? Mine has a big chunk taken out of it and it is one ball hit away from cracking into two pieces.

5 months later
#1399 6 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

Sell those blue things!

Yes please!

1 year later
#2328 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Just picked up a Firepower. What color should the flipper bat be? Flyer shows white, IPDB shows yellow as mine are. Also mine has a mini post rubber on the right outlane wire guide. Flyer doesn't show it and I've seen some with and without it. Someone removed the wire guides below the flippers and installed a mini post between the flippers, I assuming to lessen drains.

The bats on mine are white. I think most are.

There shouldn’t be a post rubber on the right outlane, nor a mini post between the flippers. Both make the game easier.

#2329 5 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Is there any way to remove mylar from under the pop bumpers without removing the pop bumpers? Everything about the disassembly of the pop bumpers was easy until I got to those damn light wires![quoted image]

I don’t think so.

Don’t be worried, just desolder those light wires and you can remove the rest of the pop bumpers. They’re really not that complex, especially if you don’t fiddle with the switch stack.

And read Vid’s guide on rebuilding pop bumpers if you haven’t.

2 weeks later
#2364 5 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Maybe color matched will work better in this case.

Ew, don't do that.

The problem with non-SMD LEDs as I understand it is they don't last as long. I've had very bad luck with non-SMD LEDs on route. If you just have it at home and won't turn it on much it probably doesn't matter.

#2375 5 years ago

Any ideas why my Firepower is not wanting to start a game? There are no stuck switches. Displays and lights work, the start button works, it registers new credits, tests work including sound tests and all solenoids.

I have a Kohut main board and LEDs on it, everything else is stock.

#2378 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

Do you have 3 balls in the trough? Are the 3 trough switches showing that the 3 balls are in there?
I don't know anything about Kahout, but the standard code will not start a game without the 3 balls registered.

Pretty sure I tested the trough switches, but I'll check again. I know I checked two of them for sure.

1 week later
#2411 5 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Hey,
Not a member (yet) but I just saw this video added a month ago...
Some guy added 2 plastic ramps to his Firepower! This is kind of a whacky mod, wouldn’t ya say?

Interesting. Well executed, but it looks like it makes it way too easy. So many drains come from target bank ricochets. The ramps look like they take a lot of the skill away.

#2416 5 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

I think these Firepower ramps also slow down the play of the game a bit. There is safety to the ball being on the ramp and they don't return to the flipper with enough speed to keep the game going with intensity.

Exactly. Multiball seemed a lot less frantic.

Quoted from RCA1:

Ramps or no ramps, that dude plays a mean game of Firepower.

True that. I was enjoying his flipper work.

1 month later
#2477 5 years ago

Anyone know where I can either buy a new sound ROM 3 for my firepower (or buy a blank ROM)?

1 week later
#2527 5 years ago

Anyone know where I might find a coin door? Mine was recently vandalized.

#2532 5 years ago
Quoted from stumptown:

Stainless or the black painted CoinCo type? If the former... That'll be hard. The latter, Atari used that style on a lot of their video games too so you can get them relatively cheaply if you are okay with swapping over the wiring.

Wow, I lucked out and found a NOS stainless. I'm not super excited about disassembling the door as I hear it's kind of a horror show, but I have no choice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Brijam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-club?tu=Brijam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.