IMG_7788 (resized).jpeg
20240331_125550 (resized).jpg
20240331_125530 (resized).jpg
IMG_7728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7727 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7644242_1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240317_201138 (resized).jpg
There are 4,689 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 94.
#301 9 years ago

I'm headed out, but here's a couple quickies I hope help...

fpc1.jpgfpc1.jpgfpc2.jpgfpc2.jpg

#302 9 years ago

I recently picked up a firepower and want to get target decals. I see that there are several different options as to where to purchase (ebay, pinballdecals.com, planetary, etc...).

Does anyone have recommendations? Any decals better than others? Anyone have an extra set?

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from Uncle_Nudge:

fpc1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)fpc2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Thanks for the pics. I'm thinking now that my coin mech might be missing more than I thought it did. I will post a pic of my coin door tomorrow if I can. I was thinking there was a second chute that runs vertically like the chutes at the top of your 2nd pic. That would run down to the trip wire that adds credits.I made a homemade one that works. Does yours have a replaceable coin mech thats mounted in each slot. I will post a pic of mine. Then maybe you guys will understand what I got going. And what I need.

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from Uncle_Nudge:

fpc1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)fpc2.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Wow.
Could you come clean my coin doors for me?

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Wow.
Could you come clean my coin doors for me?

Agree! I kinda embarrassed of my inside coin door now....

#306 9 years ago

It's been a fun two years but I'm putting my FP up for sale to make room for something new, asking 700. PM me for pix & complete description. Also have a CPR pf for 700. Can bring to Allentown if paid in advance.

#307 9 years ago

Ok guys here's my Firepower coin door. What am I missing? Is there a certain model coin mech that mounts in there? If so, have a link where I can purchase what I need?

20150420_125614.jpg20150420_125614.jpg 20150420_125645.jpg20150420_125645.jpg
#308 9 years ago

I had forgot to upload this one the other day... Looks like you have no coin-mechs. I guess my door is pretty clean

fpcd.jpgfpcd.jpg
#309 8 years ago
Quoted from Uncle_Nudge:

I had forgot to upload this one the other day... Looks like you have no coin-mechs. I guess my door is pretty clean

fpcd.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Hey Nudge, would this coin mech work? Or are they a special one for Firepower?

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=15

Jack

#310 8 years ago

I don't know... I'd call them and ask.

#311 8 years ago

It takes standard coin mech's, but you need the "T-Bracket" to clip them in place.
Hard to get, I just need to clean up the files a bit and I'll be offering 3D printed ones in ABS in the near future.

-Hans

#312 8 years ago

I have been playing my game all this time thinking that the round stand up target pictured would score whatever was lit below it. 10,000 30,000 or 50,000.
However that does not seem to be the case. It scores 1,000 no matter what is lit.
So what am I missing about those red inserts that light up below it. How do they factor into game play?
I'm sure I will feel stupid when someone points it out.

IMG_0704.JPGIMG_0704.JPG
#313 8 years ago

That's what you score when you light both the FIRE and POWER hotdog inserts; in other words, when you get all four F-I-R-E lanes and all three standup targets on the right.

#314 8 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

That's what you score when you light both the FIRE and POWER hotdog inserts; in other words, when you get all four F-I-R-E lanes and all three standup targets on the right.

Thank you so much.
We would always spell Fire and Power to advance it to 50,000 and then try and never hit the power buttons again so it would stay on 50,000 points. lol
But now we have a forehead slapping moment.
Plus it clearly says "Target scores 1,000" on the plastic. Not "Target scores lit value".

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Thank you so much.
We would always spell Fire and Power to advance it to 50,000 and then try and never hit the power buttons again so it would stay on 50,000 points. lol
But now we have a forehead slapping moment.
Plus it clearly says "Target scores 1,000" on the plastic. Not "Target scores lit value".

Yeah, it's a design flaw for an important shot. I'd love for that target to have more meaning/value to the game.
-mof

#316 8 years ago

Just picked up 2 sys6 3 bank drop target assemblies to do the drop target conversion on my CPR playfield!

#317 8 years ago

Finally rolled mine, all-time (3-ball) high score of 1,008,200! Spent the whole game chasing multiball (finally got it on the third ball) and the extra ball (lit it on the third ball but didn't hit the target). Well, whatever works!

#318 8 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

I recently picked up a firepower and want to get target decals. I see that there are several different options as to where to purchase (ebay, pinballdecals.com, planetary, etc...).
Does anyone have recommendations? Any decals better than others? Anyone have an extra set?

The ones from pinballdecals.com for sure. I just put them on my Firepower II...they look amazing, so far they are taking heavy abuse with no signs of wear. I think you will be very pleased with them.

1 week later
#319 8 years ago

So today I decided to try to get as far as I can with getting my firepower to do anything at all. I put the boards back in, and flipped it on. It went into attract more!! There were no sounds but the lights were flashing and the high score was flashing between 550000 and 000000. I couldn't do anything else though. It wouldn't allow me to add credits or start a game, so I really don't know what's going on there.

#320 8 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

So today I decided to try to get as far as I can with getting my firepower to do anything at all. I put the boards back in, and flipped it on. It went into attract more!! There were no sounds but the lights were flashing and the high score was flashing between 550000 and 000000. I couldn't do anything else though. It wouldn't allow me to add credits or start a game, so I really don't know what's going on there.

Everything hinges on the switches that the balls sit on in the out hole.
If they are not making good contact. Nothing is ever going to happen.
Start with them.

#321 8 years ago

Ill check that out. Everything stopped working again :/

#322 8 years ago

Arcade is right. Whenever mine will not start a game, it's because it doesn't recognize all of the balls are there. Clean or replace the switches and you should be good to play. The 550000 is the default high score and cycles to 000000. That is a really good sign that it will run. It will be a cool thing to hear it say "FIREPOWER!" for the first time. Let us know how it turns out.

#323 8 years ago

So now it's going from about 30 seconds of attract mode to just the gi lights and nothing else. It will not recognize the balls at all and I still don't have sound or credits.

#324 8 years ago
Quoted from ktrain315:

I had a local guy print some for me on vinyl. They look good. I plan to cut them out and cover them with mylar and see how they hold up. He wanted $10 CDN (about $7 US these days) for the job. After chatting a bit he decided to give them to me for free! I have attached the file I used which includes 18 Firepower targets, 12 bullseye targets and the 3 sets of spinner stickers. I have to thank Fil at www.firepowerpinball.com (great site for Firepower info) for helping me out with them.

Dino Z.

#325 8 years ago

Thanks, mof, for pointing me at the "club". I have owned Firepower for only 2 months, but I've loved this game since my teens!

I think I have played (more importantly, HEARD) Greywolf's machine at CAX and Marin Pin Expo. I'm inspired to improve the speakers in my own machine, but my TO DO list has more pressing issues.

As discussed in other threads, I'm seeing a gradual failure of features in a machine that was working pretty well when I got it. The previous owner warned me that things were a bit janky when he got it, so I'm not surprised that it remains a bit "delicate". It's better than other stories I've read here, but it still needs a lot of work.

Regardless, I couldn't imagine a better way to be initiated into the hobby!

#326 8 years ago

Picked this baby up today for almost nothing. It was in a nasty, dirty, dusty cat and dog infested house. Another on to put in line on the list of things to do. I'm just glad I got to it first.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-93.jpgimage-93.jpg image-118.jpgimage-118.jpg
#327 8 years ago

Its_me_aj : You should start your own thread asking for help on your machine. It will get lost in the shuffle here. Don't get discouraged, we can get her up and running again.

#328 8 years ago

Realized recently that Firepower II has the same original standup target "explosion" decals as Sorcerer. I'm going to be running off Sorcerer decals once I have the artwork finished, so if you're interested in a set of the standups for your FP2, send me a PM and I'll keep you in the loop when they're ready.

#329 8 years ago

The flippers on my FP loose power intermittently. I was thinking it was a driver board issue, but now i'm not so sure. I re-flowed solder on the pins on the driver board but the issue remains. It does this after about an hour of continuous play... I was looking at the power diagram on firepowerpinball.com and am I reading correctly that the flippers are not fused???

http://firepowerpinball.com/downloads/PowerWiring.pdf

-Steve

#330 8 years ago

Check solder at relay on driver board?

#331 8 years ago

After about a year of working great, my Firepower, 2 days ago was acting goofy. Pulled driver & MPU connectors and re-seated and back to normal except one thing. I can't add credits from the coin door. Plays great when set to free play. Just can no longer add credits at the coin door. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

-Jack

#332 8 years ago

I've been getting a number of e-mails lately about my eprom adapter for Firepower. I'm seriously considering another run of them, but need to know if there's enough market. I'm swamped with ideas, but funding for production runs is kinda tight right now.

I need to seriously know how interested you guys would be in another run. I do have the OK from PPS already for the licensing, so that's not an issue.

-Hans

#333 8 years ago
Quoted from J_Cutler:

After about a year of working great, my Firepower, 2 days ago was acting goofy. Pulled driver & MPU connectors and re-seated and back to normal except one thing. I can't add credits from the coin door. Plays great when set to free play. Just can no longer add credits at the coin door. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
-Jack

Check at connector 2J3 (2nd from top on right side) on driver board, loose/broken wires on plug or broken solder at header pins.

#334 8 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

I've been getting a number of e-mails lately about my eprom adapter for Firepower. I'm seriously considering another run of them, but need to know if there's enough market. I'm swamped with ideas, but funding for production runs is kinda tight right now.
I need to seriously know how interested you guys would be in another run. I do have the OK from PPS already for the licensing, so that's not an issue.
-Hans

Set it up with a non refundable deposit. You have a great name in the community and can be trusted to deliver. I'd buy one "for future use"!

#335 8 years ago
Quoted from mwsmith:

Check solder at relay on driver board?

I will pull the board and check that this weekend.
Thank you for the suggestion!

-Steve

#336 8 years ago

Hi from Oslo, Norway! I got my Firepower a couple of years ago as my first pinball machine. It is the one pin that I will never sell, even though it has caused me a lot of frustration due to various faults. I guess the upside to this is that I've learnt a lot along the way, also from the great community of Pinside. The machine now plays perfectly (knock on wood), so I'm a happy camper!

#337 8 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

I've been getting a number of e-mails lately about my eprom adapter for Firepower.

The adapter was installed on my FP when I bought it. Works great, solid and no problems.

#338 8 years ago
Quoted from mwsmith:

Check at connector 2J3 (2nd from top on right side) on driver board, loose/broken wires on plug or broken solder at header pins.

Will do nwsmith. Thanks for the suggestion on where to look. Will report back.

#339 8 years ago

I think I may have found the problem. Can anyone help me by telling me where the two green wires belong on the switch on the coin door? The two indicated in the photo broke off. Thanks guys, your the best...
Jack

P.S. Orientation of wires in pic were placed that way so you could see. So i'm sure they don't get soldered directly to the lugs on the switch as they look right now. They were setting next to the switch stack. I pulled them out so you can see them in photo..

coin door.jpgcoin door.jpg

#340 8 years ago

Both green wires go to the middle lug.

#341 8 years ago

Those are your switch column wires. They're daisy chained from switch to switch. They both go on the center lug.

#342 8 years ago

Thanks guys appreciate the help very much. Just tied them together to bypass the slam switch. Coin door in perfect working order once again. Thank you all who have come to my aid. You guys are the best!

Jack

#343 8 years ago

Can someone please post a picture of the left flipper eos switch for firepower 2. Please pm when posted.
Mof

#344 8 years ago

Pretty please with sugar on top?
-mof

#345 8 years ago

Just picked up a project Firepower that's going to keep me busy for a while, though it looks solid and resurrectable. PF is actually pretty nice except for all the cupping. Have no idea if it will boot as-is, boards are almost all-original and quite clean, but I already see a couple charred transistors in the solenoid area. Like I said, lots to go through in stages... every major part of this machine needs attention, but I love a good challenge.

Anyway, I do have a couple quick questions:

1) What size flipper buttons does it use (1", 1+1/8", or 1+3/8")?

2) Has anybody ever changed the pop bumper skirts to blending color for the art explosions beneath them, say red / orange / yellow? Thinking of doing this, was wondering if it will really look cool or not so much.

3) What are the common weaknesses / failure spots below the playfield? All the mechs seem clean and operable, nothing immediately obviously amiss, but obviously "something" fried those transistors and I'd like to get ahead of known trouble-spots.

I'm sure there will be more but I need to order my replacement inserts and like to add everything I can on one shipping bill...

#346 8 years ago

All my pop skirts are white. But, change them to what ever you like. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. My pops when lite are red green yellow blue. Guys don't like it, I do and that's all that matters.
Firepower uses 1-3/8" flipper buttons. But I put in clear lighted ones and they were only available in 1-1/8" size. Works fine, just bend switch leafs 1/4" closer to the buttons.
Haven't really had any constant type failures below the playfield on mine since I got it up and running 2 years ago. Dirty board connectors I would say is the biggest problem. Good Luck.

Jack

#347 8 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Just picked up a project Firepower that's going to keep me busy for a while, though it looks solid and resurrectable.

Most common failure below the PF for me is the leaf switches! They need cleaning and adjusting to get working reliably. Then every couple weeks, another will start registering inconsistently. The joys of a 35 year old machine!

#348 8 years ago

Thanks for the comments and tips! I did order the colored skirts and transparent buttons; lots of work to go through yet before I can even think about installing them... not sure if I'll get to starting a restore thread or not but we'll see what happens. One day at a time...

#349 8 years ago

Ok, that's enough e-mails, PM's, and forum references. I'll be ordering more boards for the EPROM adapters this weekend. Will take a few weeks until I have everything ready to go, but I'll be doing a 2nd run ASAP.

-Hans

#350 8 years ago

Hi all,

Not a member yet - but love Firepower - I don't know why - it's just a fast, fun, pin I guess.

What is a Firepower with a good playfield and backglass going for these days?

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 22.50
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,689 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-club/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.