1 (resized).JPG
20240219_100955[1] (resized).jpg
20240219_100938[1] (resized).jpg
17081924482489220556429728668307 (resized).jpg
17081924197165365041866729559709 (resized).jpg
20240217_104945[1] (resized).jpg
20240217_104937[1] (resized).jpg
20240217_103551 (resized).jpg

There are 4,645 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 93.
#2901 4 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

Hi guys, does anyone have or know where I can find the plastic for FP2 highlighted in the photo below?

I've got vector artwork I made for this very visual pinball machine . You could make your own as a last resort. looks like someone modded it to make the lighting better .

#2902 4 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

I've got vector artwork I made for this very visual pinball machine . You could make your own as a last resort. looks like someone modded it to make the lighting better .

The photo I used was a stock one, not my machine, I would love your files if your willing to share! Thanks!

#2903 4 years ago

Anyone have PinScore boards installed? Can you post a pic of how you ran your ribbon cables? Also curious if anyone had these brown wires and what you did with them for the install. Thanks

268AF9A6-DCEA-4013-81FB-B06CA692A937 (resized).jpeg268AF9A6-DCEA-4013-81FB-B06CA692A937 (resized).jpeg
#2904 4 years ago

Does anyone have an LED list for FP2, looking to color match for the inserts, also what kind of bulbs from comet are needed, is it worth it to get non-ghosting?

#2905 4 years ago

I've never needed a non-ghosting bulb on any Williams game. There is a verrrrrrrry slight ghosting on some locations, but honestly you'll have to intentionally look for it and dim the lights in the room to see it.

-Hans

#2906 4 years ago

Having a strange issue with my FP2, every once in a while the back half of my GI dims a lot and the eventually come back. It’s strange that it is only the back half of the Playfield, could this be a power board issue? I have ordered a cap kit to redo it.

#2907 4 years ago

I'd check the wiring going into the power supply first. Notoriously bad design for the GI, and more than likely you've got a connector or solder joint going bad going into the power supply.

-Hans

#2908 4 years ago

Finished reassembly on my hardtop install.
8576B27D-9938-4DC3-A97D-815F85D60D52 (resized).jpeg8576B27D-9938-4DC3-A97D-815F85D60D52 (resized).jpeg

F257F571-7AFE-4B8D-B11E-1C8F916C313F (resized).jpegF257F571-7AFE-4B8D-B11E-1C8F916C313F (resized).jpeg

#2909 4 years ago

That Hardtop looks great! Did you have to do much to the inserts?

#2910 4 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

Does anyone have an LED list for FP2, looking to color match for the inserts, also what kind of bulbs from comet are needed, is it worth it to get non-ghosting?

I used comet non ghosting warm white on my FP2 and it looks great.
There is no diagram...you just need to count. I seem to remember 127 bulbs but your mileage may vary--I'm doing Blackout now and may be confused.
Mine were all bayonet style. You will also need a "Big bayonet" for the back right corner arrow.
I have ordered wedge style bulbs for the pop bumpers and new sockets.
Also ordered a few color changers for the periphery of the playfield, under the plastics.

Apparently the plastics are very tough to find.
I have one broken one 13-521-31 (I think is the number I need).

I have some backglass to touch up and a bit of playfield work, but mine is a champ after the board rebuild and the resurrection from the dead.
We love that pin.

#2911 4 years ago
Quoted from kuelman:

That Hardtop looks great! Did you have to do much to the inserts?

Replaced them all. Total PITA

095791E8-3AE7-4B92-BDD1-84BF7B089799 (resized).jpeg095791E8-3AE7-4B92-BDD1-84BF7B089799 (resized).jpeg2CF30175-A2B6-444A-A745-539753F5A3FA (resized).jpeg2CF30175-A2B6-444A-A745-539753F5A3FA (resized).jpeg6D89BB44-5A3E-42A2-AFC0-82BECDEF444D (resized).jpeg6D89BB44-5A3E-42A2-AFC0-82BECDEF444D (resized).jpeg
#2912 4 years ago

This is how I ran the PinScore ribbon cables. About as clean as I could get it. C8370950-C52F-49C9-BB5B-E73158EFB5FB (resized).jpegC8370950-C52F-49C9-BB5B-E73158EFB5FB (resized).jpeg

#2913 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I used comet non ghosting warm white on my FP2 and it looks great.
There is no diagram...you just need to count. I seem to remember 127 bulbs but your mileage may vary--I'm doing Blackout now and may be confused.
Mine were all bayonet style. You will also need a "Big bayonet" for the back right corner arrow.
I have ordered wedge style bulbs for the pop bumpers and new sockets.
Also ordered a few color changers for the periphery of the playfield, under the plastics.
Apparently the plastics are very tough to find.
I have one broken one 13-521-31 (I think is the number I need).
I have some backglass to touch up and a bit of playfield work, but mine is a champ after the board rebuild and the resurrection from the dead.
We love that pin.

Like your taste in pins!

13-521-31 does not exist...

IMG_6480 (resized).JPGIMG_6480 (resized).JPG

#2914 4 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Like your taste in pins!
13-521-31 does not exist...
[quoted image]

31-521-13...sheesh

#2915 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Replaced them all. Total PITA

I see new and old next to each other in the picture, but only hot dogs on one side. I'm assuming that means you didn't replace the hot dog inserts....???? if you did, where did you get them?

#2916 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

31-521-13...sheesh

Don't see that one either

#2917 4 years ago

What is the number for the large center plastic for FP2? That is the one you i’m missing!

#2918 4 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

I see new and old next to each other in the picture, but only hot dogs on one side. I'm assuming that means you didn't replace the hot dog inserts....???? if you did, where did you get them?

I replaced everything but the hot dog inserts. They are really just thick pieces of plastic so sanded them down and polished them and they looked decent enough.

#2919 4 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

What is the number for the large center plastic for FP2? That is the one you i’m missing!

31-521-18

#2920 4 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

The photo I used was a stock one, not my machine, I would love your files if your willing to share! Thanks!

Not so stock . I created that machine for VPX (Visual Pinball) a few years ago. That's why I have the graphics . I have the play-field too if you need it for decals however the colors will not likely match.

#2921 4 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

If you mean the one above the center standup targets...mine says 31-521-11

#2922 4 years ago

That is it, I found the same number on another photo

#2923 4 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

No, I’m missing the large one in the center of the Playfield

#2924 4 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Quoted from hodgesm0:

No, I’m missing the large one in the center of the Playfield

Looking back, is this not the one that you circled, above the center standup targets?

IMG_6490 (resized).JPGIMG_6490 (resized).JPG
#2925 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

I'd check the wiring going into the power supply first. Notoriously bad design for the GI, and more than likely you've got a connector or solder joint going bad going into the power supply.
-Hans

Yes...the system 7 power supply is really weak in the GI connector area. The power connector to the board burns up, the header pins to the GI strands burns up, and the single fuse holder for all four strands burns up. Lotta burnin' going on.

Some may think it's a hack, but I solder a single large wire in place of the fuse holder, replace the power-to-board connector, replace the header and mating connector with trifurcon (square) pins, and then inline with the harness I solder in a four position fuse holder with a 5ASB fuse in each position, isolating each GI strand. Later Williams games have a similar setup.

Also BTW...why is there no Firepower 2 club thread? I don't own one but I know it's different enough from Firepower that discussing both in the same thread can get confusing. System 6 vs. System 7, different playfield, artwork, gameplay, part #'s, etc... ...perhaps someone well-versed with FP2 should start a club thread for it?

Richard

#2926 4 years ago
IMG_6494.GIFIMG_6494.GIF
#2927 4 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

That is it, I found the same number on another photo

31-521-11 is what I see on IPDB. I made a copy and paste mistake in my graphics...sorry

#2928 4 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

Not so stock . I created that machine for VPX (Visual Pinball) a few years ago. That's why I have the graphics . I have the play-field too if you need it for decals however the colors will not likely match.

I'd love to know more about FP2 decals...some of my inserts are worn...I'd also consider a hard top...any reason you can't get your graphics to some folks to make some?

#2929 4 years ago

Working Sys 6 displays (3 of the 4) in the marketplace if anyone is in need.

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “I have 3 original system 6 displays that came out of a Firepower. The 4th display appears to be dead. The master/credit display works as well. My Firepower came with a set of LE...”
2019-06-15
Shepherdstown, WV
100 (OBO)
Archived after: 26 days
Viewed: 138 times

#2930 4 years ago

Has anyone modded the flipper buttons and/or the credit buttons on FP or FP2?
Downside?

#2931 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Has anyone modded the flipper buttons and/or the credit buttons on FP or FP2?
Downside?

Yes. Replaced with clear buttons and lit up. No real downside other than some light bleeding up to the playfield through the sides of the cab.

#2932 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

any reason you can't get your graphics to some folks to make some?

Since I don't actually own the game (FP2), it never occurred to me to make them available for manufacture. My main concern with doing so is that they are not "exact" reproductions of the graphics. (i.e. raster effects instead of halftone transitions, rough outlines of ships rather than precise tracing, color selections aren't exact, etc.). Are they good enough? maybe but also maybe not knowing how some are about their restorations. Generally speaking if someone wants copies I'm happy to share but with the caveats above. Remember they were made for visual pinball not a real machine .

Now, if someone had high resolution scans of their plastics to send me. I would certainly be willing to work on and contribute the artwork for having them produced. Even if they are broken or yellowed I can correct flaws. Just sayin'

#2933 4 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

Since I don't actually own the game (FP2), it never occurred to me to make them available for manufacture. My main concern with doing so is that they are not "exact" reproductions of the graphics. (i.e. raster effects instead of halftone transitions, rough outlines of ships rather than precise tracing, color selections aren't exact, etc.). Are they good enough? maybe but also maybe not knowing how some are about their restorations. Generally speaking if someone wants copies I'm happy to share but with the caveats above. Remember they were made for visual pinball not a real machine .
Now, if someone had high resolution scans of their plastics to send me. I would certainly be willing to work on and contribute the artwork for having them produced. Even if they are broken or yellowed I can correct flaws. Just sayin'

I would be happy with anything seeing how I currently have nothing...

#2934 4 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

I'd scan my plastics...there are enough FP2 copies out there with no plastics, broken or incomplete ones.

Someone needs to do a hard top.

Another funny thing...FP2 is always at a pinball show and always not working! (One actually was smoking at a big show last year).
I've never seen a working one, except mine.

#2935 4 years ago

Spotted people playing Firepower in Stranger Things season 2, in the arcade (the episode where Lucas tells Max the backstory in the arcade).

I missed it the first time around.

#2936 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I'd scan my plastics...there are enough FP2 copies out there with no plastics, broken or incomplete ones.
Someone needs to do a hard top.
Another funny thing...FP2 is always at a pinball show and always not working! (One actually was smoking at a big show last year).
I've never seen a working one, except mine.

Could maybe provide your scans to CPR for them to produce?

#2937 4 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

He would be dead by then.

#2938 4 years ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

I'd scan my plastics...

I'll work up the "real" graphics if you are willing to send me scans. I'll PM you.

#2939 4 years ago

Does anyone know what would happen if I hooked up a set of seven digit displays to my Firepower without the 7 digit rom? would it just display 6 digits or would it be all messed up? Does anyone know if there is a way to do the seven digit rom on a Rottendog board?

#2940 4 years ago

The strobe and digit locations are used differently between the 6 and 7 digit display versions. You'd end up with everything in wrong places. You need to update to the 7-digit ROM version, and swap the entire display set including the master.

Not sure if there is a way to change to alternate ROM data for the Rottendog board set.

-Hans

#2941 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

The strobe and digit locations are used differently between the 6 and 7 digit display versions. You'd end up with everything in wrong places. You need to update to the 7-digit ROM version, and swap the entire display set including the master.

Not sure if there is a way to change to alternate ROM data for the Rottendog board set.

thanks. I figured as much.

#2942 4 years ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

Working on it

1 week later
#2943 4 years ago

Anyone need a set of working original 6 digit displays pm me if interested

7ED89CEE-79F8-401A-A298-274EA3BD6147 (resized).jpeg7ED89CEE-79F8-401A-A298-274EA3BD6147 (resized).jpeg
#2944 4 years ago
Quoted from joew575:

Anyone need a set of working original 6 digit displays pm me if interested[quoted image]

@blake

#2945 4 years ago

Are there a common list of reasons that the F2 (2.5 AMP fuse) on the power board will blow? I have the solenoid protection kit installed with the daughter board that protects the MPU. That should cover me from most common solenoid issues. As for the power board...I don't know what this path is covering. I am feeling google incompetent in finding schematics for it :/.

I should add that I recapped the power supply. I reflowed the headers. The game will run for days without problem, then I'll get a report that I isn't working (it is always this fuse).

#2946 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Are there a common list of reasons that the F2 (2.5 AMP fuse) on the power board will blow? I have the solenoid protection kit installed with the daughter board that protects the MPU. That should cover me from most common solenoid issues. As for the power board...I don't know what this path is covering. I am feeling google incompetent in finding schematics for it :/.
I should add that I recapped the power supply. I reflowed the headers. The game will run for days without problem, then I'll get a report that I isn't working (it is always this fuse).

Solenoid protection kit?

#2948 4 years ago

I'm thinking this might be a good idea for my Blackout...seems like this problem happened to it and this could save me during the rebuild...

#2949 4 years ago

Yeah, that kit is awesome but based on my logic, I should never be able to blow the 2.5 amp fuse at F2.

#2950 4 years ago

FP2 folks:

Does your ball ever end up back in the shooter lane?

Wondering about installing a one-way gate to prevent this from happening...

Has anyone done this?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 4,645 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 93.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-club/page/59?hl=someotherguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.