IMG_7788 (resized).jpeg
20240331_125550 (resized).jpg
20240331_125530 (resized).jpg
IMG_7728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7727 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7644242_1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240317_201138 (resized).jpg
There are 4,689 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 94.
#1751 6 years ago

For those of you who got the CPR plastics: how does one detach and reattach the metal posts for the middle-right ball lock plastic? I noticed that the piece doesn't include them in it.

#1752 6 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

how does one detach and reattach the metal posts for the middle-right ball lock plastic?

Warm up the plastic and pull the metal posts off. Then, reshape the tip and fit it back into the new plastic.

#1753 6 years ago

Likely won't damage the new plastics, I hope? Just enough to slide the metal in?

#1754 6 years ago

Has anyone attempted mylar removal on a firepower 2? Mine has full lower play field mylar, and its bubbling on the bonus inserts leading to erratic ball behaviour that affects gameplay. I'd like to remove the mylar and clearcoat it, but I've heard paint likes to come up a lot on older Williams games. I've seen the pictures of firepower 1 mylar removal posted here. Wondering if that 3 years made any difference. I had no issues doing a 1990 rollergames.

#1755 6 years ago

Don't do it! Firepower II has a cheap silkscreen playfield. You are better off scanning the playfield and making a decal if you are going to do it. But I warn you, more damage than what it is worth.

#1756 6 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Has anyone attempted mylar removal on a firepower 2? Mine has full lower play field mylar, and its bubbling on the bonus inserts leading to erratic ball behaviour that affects gameplay. I'd like to remove the mylar and clearcoat it, but I've heard paint likes to come up a lot on older Williams games. I've seen the pictures of firepower 1 mylar removal posted here. Wondering if that 3 years made any difference. I had no issues doing a 1990 rollergames.

I'd ask Vid that in his play field restoration thread. Throw in some pics, and I'm sure he will have an answer.

#1757 6 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

By the way, I’m going to print spinner graphics on a vinyl sheet...the sheet is wat bigger than I’d need. I’ll have extra...anyone like one?

I have an extra set, front and back. I can save you the trouble and send them to you if you like. They are printed on vinyl and I would probably cover them with a clear piece on top just for added protection. When I printed mine, I loaded up the sheet with spinner and standup target decals. No point in wasting material and money.

At some point I have to print some decals for a Black Knight that I just picked up so I can add some more Firepower decals to that sheet.

Let me know if you want them.

#1758 6 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

Got my "it shipped" email today...
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC Pinball resets, the Pinball Pyramid, or my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

The box arrived yesterday! Wife intercepted it and is wrapping it so I won't get into it until Christmas.

CPR BoxCPR Box

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC Pinball resets, the Pinball Pyramid, or my Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions

#1759 6 years ago

Can anyone confirm if the new PPS backglass is the dark red or bright red?

#1761 6 years ago

Yep, saw that post, but can't tell from the picture which version they finally went with. I know they discussed both a bright red and dark red as both were seen on the originals. The feedback they got seemed split on which to make. Just curious what the final decision was.

#1762 6 years ago

Once you guys confirm that the thing looks good, I'll probably order one as well.

#1763 6 years ago

Hey everyone, I have an issue with my game. Whenever I turn it on it looks like everything is good, but for only a split second. Then it will go into a test mode and will auto cycle through all the different tests very rapidly. The game seems to just about boot up and play, but just goes into the test mode and I can't get out of it. It just continually cycles in test over and over.

Any thoughts?

#1764 6 years ago

Well, after 2/3rds of a year, the spare play field restoration is complete! Popped her in tonight, and it works! Switch adjustment aside...it looks like she is good to go!

IMG_2280 (resized).JPGIMG_2280 (resized).JPG

#1765 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Hey everyone, I have an issue with my game. Whenever I turn it on it looks like everything is good, but for only a split second. Then it will go into a test mode and will auto cycle through all the different tests very rapidly. The game seems to just about boot up and play, but just goes into the test mode and I can't get out of it. It just continually cycles in test over and over.
Any thoughts?

That happened to me when the pass-through circuit behind one of the battery holder screw holders was not connected. Check those and see.

#1766 6 years ago

Thanks La_Porta, I will try that out

#1767 6 years ago

I believe it is the right-upper screw. I recall that a circuit runs from the front of the board to the rear through that hole, using the screw, of all things, to pass the electricity. Sometimes the design of these things baffles me.

#1768 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We are happy to announce that the Firepower replacement backglasses are now available - super high quality, mirrored, etc (same supplier who did that EBD V2, Space Shuttle V2, Gorgar, Blackout, Alien Power, Kiss, Flash, etc) ...
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-08-7227-FIREPOW-V2&Store_Code=PP
Note that one thing that I learned was the debate over the red - which was designed to light up a lighter red vs when off. Seems that some of the bootleg repros out there could not figure that out so the glass that you see is the lighter red, which is not correct ...
Anyways, enjoy, they are in stock now!
[email protected]

Just ordered mine. Original is going in a frame on the wall.

#1769 6 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

Let me know how it is when it shows up. I'm interested in getting one, as well.

#1770 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Any thoughts?

When I was having weird issues like that, replacing the 40 pin inter-board connector cured all ills. check the system 3-7 bullet proofing steps in this thread (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-bulletproofing-williams-system-6). Ialso replaced all of the cheap chip sockets with SIPs as recommended by Vid's thread. If you've already done this, I'm sorry I can't help .

#1771 6 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

Let me know how it is when it shows up. I'm interested in getting one, as well

Will do

#1772 6 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

When I was having weird issues like that, replacing the 40 pin inter-board connector cured all ills.

I replaced those whenever I first got the game. It was working perfectly fine, then unfortunately I had to store it for a few months while I was looking for a new place. Now that I'm in the new house, I set it up and it started having issues.

I know it can't be anything major because one time a few days ago it actually booted up, but I couldn't start a game. So I started checking connectors and then the same issue started happening again.

Thanks for all the input, I will look at it again this evening.

#1773 6 years ago

My CPR plastics look great! The only problem is I just realized I forgot to take the extra white backing off of the rear of them! When you install yours, don't forget that there is coating on both sides.

#1774 6 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

When I got my game I applied triple-thick to the backglass - I think that's a pretty common practice to protect the paint. Curious if remakes such as these for Firepower should get the treatment or do the folks making them these days already apply a protective clear. Anyone know? If you are getting a new one, what are your plans?

-Rob

#1775 6 years ago

That’s a good question. Unless you are manhandling it...id figure it would be ok. If you have LEDs, you aren’t going to bake it to death.

#1776 6 years ago

I rushed out and ordered the repro backglass but forgot I will probably need a trim kit to install it. Can someone recommend what size lift trim I should use? (I suppose I can wait until it comes in and measure it...or even better measure the original I have installed now).

Thanks!

#1777 6 years ago

You can't use the stiff from the existing back glass?

#1778 6 years ago
Quoted from Walamab:

I rushed out and ordered the repro backglass but forgot I will probably need a trim kit to install it. Can someone recommend what size lift trim I should use? (I suppose I can wait until it comes in and measure it...or even better measure the original I have installed now).
Thanks!

Gatecrasher sells a kit that I plan on ordering. I never used his kit but reviews are positive.

Unless someone can confirm the size, I need to wait until it arrives to determine if the 1/8" or 3/16" glass is used on these to order the right kit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gatecrashers-hardware-vids-review/page/2

#1779 6 years ago

Both the original and this remake are 3/16". I ordered my glass last week and trim and they got here today!

#1780 6 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

Both the original and this remake are 3/16". I ordered my glass last week and trim and they got here today!

Pics?

#1781 6 years ago

New FP backglass. The right side has window sunlight glare in the photo but overall the reds look darker and it’s a beauty. Now I just need a new lift channel and the plastic sides that I’ll order from Gatecrasher.

10DEB2A0-B2C9-4DFC-B81A-662D28183856 (resized).jpeg10DEB2A0-B2C9-4DFC-B81A-662D28183856 (resized).jpeg

#1782 6 years ago

We have new trim for firepower made from original prints - stainless steel as original as well as the PVC trim for Top/Sides

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=TRIM

#1783 6 years ago

Wow, that really does look nice. Which trim goes with this back glass?

#1784 6 years ago

Hi fellas,

I finished my restore! Everything came out great...of course, there is the little this and that that I wish was better, but it came out far better than I could have hoped at the start.

That being said, I have this "box o' parts" that I have left over. At this point, I know that a bunch of people need used plastics to replace theirs. My CPR set worked out great, so now I am willing to part with some of these originals. You can see some in the enclosed picture.

If you need something specific, send me a message privately and we'll talk.

IMG_3923 (resized).JPGIMG_3923 (resized).JPG

#1785 6 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

Hi fellas,
I finished my restore! Everything came out great...of course, there is the little this and that that I wish was better, but it came out far better than I could have hoped at the start.
That being said, I have this "box o' parts" that I have left over. At this point, I know that a bunch of people need used plastics to replace theirs. My CPR set worked out great, so now I am willing to part with some of these originals. You can see some in the enclosed picture.

I'd be intersted in the sling shot plastics and the plastic on the left side near the lock hole.

#1786 6 years ago

Do you have the plastic for the upper left corner of the playfield?

Quoted from La_Porta:

Hi fellas,

#1787 6 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

Wow, that really does look nice. Which trim goes with this back glass?

I'd like to know too.

#1788 6 years ago

so, got my new backglass today from pps.

so disappointed, the red color if we can call it that, the chrome, bleeding... i feel like i was sent a test backglass, i look @masspinballfan's backglass and it looks much better/darker although i can see the chrome in the lower part doesn't look that great, the problem with mine is it's like that (chrome) all around.
sent a few pics to Rick to see if this can be fixed.

heres what i received's, is it a dark red, light red, pink or burgundy... let's see.

firepower bacglass looks pink:burgundy (resized).JPGfirepower bacglass looks pink:burgundy (resized).JPG
firepower bacglass looks pink:burgundy4 (resized).JPGfirepower bacglass looks pink:burgundy4 (resized).JPG
firepower bacglass looks pink:burgundy2 (resized).JPGfirepower bacglass looks pink:burgundy2 (resized).JPG
firepower bacglass looks pink:burgundy3 (resized).JPGfirepower bacglass looks pink:burgundy3 (resized).JPG

#1790 6 years ago

Well, obviously that one should have not been shipped to us as we've had nothing but great reviews of this glass (as we would expect). I've forwarded to the supplier who will I'm sure review and address as needed. As with most pinball glasses we expect the supplier do the QA on them so we do not have to open them up and risk creating scratches, etc, so of course it's a problem if/when this happens ... I've notified the supplier who I'm sure will make this right.

rick

#1791 6 years ago

Well, the supplier in question is me. From the looks of the photos you posted... it looks like we had an employee that clearly was not paying attention and shipped you a faulty part. We call them “make ready” parts... never intended to ship, obviously. Sorry about the mistake! We (as we always do) wil get you out a good glass.

One remark I will make regarding the red though.... we spent an absorbant amount of time and effort reseaching the “correct red” for this title. What we found is that this glass was ran at least 2 times ... and maybe 3 times with different vendors during the original run. Greg Freres directly agreed that this happened from time to time and the color accuracy BETWEEN vendors was not always front burner. Basically I found after looking at many games and closely examining.. I belleive there are at least 2 reds that are different yet can be considered original.

Again, sorry Rick and to you for the woopsy. Simply email us if you experience an issue like this.. and we will correct problems.

Thanks for your patience!

#1792 6 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I've forwarded to the supplier who will I'm sure review and address as needed.

Quoted from Outsidedge:

Again, sorry Rick and to you for the woopsy. Simply email us if you experience an issue like this.. and we will correct problems.

Good job, both of you. That's how service should work.

#1793 6 years ago

Over in the project pin thread they posted a link to a Firepower 2 for $400... here's a link to the posting (which has the CL link): https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/post-project-pins-for-sale-here-cl-ebay-pinside-and-others/page/145#post-4129634

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets, the Pinball Pyramid, or Williams system 3-7 sound board potentiometer solutions.

#1794 6 years ago

All i can say is, i'm impressed problem fixed in less than an hour.

I knew right out of the box there was something wrong, contacted Rick and he made it right.
thanks to Outsidedge for the fast reply, that's great customer service right there people.

i'll be waiting for the good glass. you guys rock!

#1795 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

I knew right out of the box there was something wrong, contacted Rick and he made it right.
thanks to Outsidedge for the fast reply, that's great customer service right there people.

That's really great to hear.

#1796 6 years ago

My apologies to everyone regarding the plastics. I recently fell ill on Monday, and am still recovering somewhat. I was not able to get back to all of you nor take the pictures. I promise to do so as soon as I can.

1 week later
#1797 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Received the replacement backglass today, a lot faster this time, impressive (it's the holidays).

Again, thanks to Rick, Bruce, David and everyone involved.
Amazing customer service, super fast communication and solution.

And i gotta say, it's night and day compare to the first one i received.

buy with confidence people!

firepower replacement backglass (resized).JPGfirepower replacement backglass (resized).JPG

#1798 6 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

And i gotta say, it's night and day compare to the first one i received.

Looks really good! Can't wait to see when you are done the entire machine!

#1799 6 years ago

I don't care what this guy has in this machine, he is insane for asking this:

ebay.com link: Awesome Firepower Pinball 1980 machine by Williams New CPR Playfield

#1800 6 years ago
Quoted from La_Porta:

I don't care what this guy has in this machine, he is insane for asking this:
ebay.com link » Awesome Firepower Pinball 1980 Machine By Williams New Cpr Playfield

Haha. Let me just go find the cash machine. I love how it’s a selling point that a ball as never touched the new playfield. Umm, so this game could play like total shit for the cheap price of 7-8k? Where do I sign up?!?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,689 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-club/page/36?hl=mcsquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.