IMG_7788 (resized).jpeg
20240331_125550 (resized).jpg
20240331_125530 (resized).jpg
IMG_7728 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7727 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_7644242_1 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20240317_201138 (resized).jpg
There are 4,689 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 94.
#1601 6 years ago

Here are some pics of the cpr reproduction plastics for those that have not seen them before.

IMG_4287 (resized).JPGIMG_4287 (resized).JPG

IMG_4288 (resized).JPGIMG_4288 (resized).JPG

#1602 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Clearly pinsider swillie didn't like the pics I posted, so I deleted them... as I ain't got this machine, I really don't know which plastics antennaejim is referencing.
Anyway, like I stated before, if anyone interested, just PM me and I'll be glad to give every info about the set (and send the pics)!

Sorry AlexS I really did not mean to offend. The pics were fine, it just struck me as ironic/funny that the inlanes were the only ones not there. I don't have this machine either, i just looked at the play field pics on the thread to see what they looked like. I bet a lot of these sets were bought just for the topper and inlanes, as well as the slingshots and 1000 point plastic which you have. I'm sure someone looking to replace them will be interested in what you have, they look mint.

#1603 6 years ago
Quoted from Antennaejim:

Here are some pics of the cpr reproduction plastics for those that have not seen them before.

Looks like this set has one too many parts!

No, the inlanes weren't provided since they are not really original to the game, but give me some hi-res scans and they'll surely be included!

Oh, that huge topper and the promo/key-chains can be made too! Same reasoning here...

#1604 6 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

Sorry AlexS I really did not mean to offend. The pics were fine, it just struck me as ironic/funny that the inlanes were the only ones not there. I don't have this machine either, i just looked at the play field pics on the thread to see what they looked like. I bet a lot of these sets were bought just for the topper and inlanes, as well as the slingshots and 1000 point plastic which you have. I'm sure someone looking to replace them will be interested in what you have, they look mint.

Ok man, we're good! I was a little too harsh as well...

WhatsApp Image 2017-07-21 at 14.43.28.jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-07-21 at 14.43.28.jpeg

#1605 6 years ago

I have a completely redone, bulletproofed Firepower board set (cpu and driver ) available if anyone is interested. Shoot me an offer. They've been in the box since I got them back last year from getting rebuilt.

#1606 6 years ago

I'd be in for a set of those repros. They look nice, and mine aren't the greatest there ever were.

As far as the play field, the one I am restoring is pretty darn early, the date on it is September, 1979. Can't really give you a compare on a NOS one.

#1607 6 years ago
Quoted from Masspinballfan:

Thank you man. I guess I'll go with the Classic Arcade ones.

I purchased the set of classic arcades. Not 100% exactly perfect, the lines don't end exactly where the originals do, but the difference is imperceptible unless you are REALLY looking. I'll include a picture. If you look at a photo of the originals, the innermost red line ends up top past the Williams W...on the repros, the lines end slightly lower than the W. It's much better than dingy ones. They are on eBay right now:

Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 9.22.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-09-17 at 9.22.15 PM (resized).png

ebay.com link: Firepower Pinball Machine POP BUMPER CAP SET

#1608 6 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

A blown transistor or bad wire connection.

Ty for your response. Any ideas where to check wire issues? Boards are fine.

#1609 6 years ago

Yea the Arcade Classic ones look like the closest PB caps you can get that resemble the originals. Thanks man.

Quoted from La_Porta:I purchased the set of classic arcades. Not 100% exactly perfect, the lines don't end exactly where the originals do, but the difference is imperceptible unless you are REALLY looking. I'll include a picture. If you look at a photo of the originals, the innermost red line ends up top past the Williams W...on the repros, the lines end slightly lower than the W. It's much better than dingy ones. They are on eBay right now:

ebay.com link » Firepower Pinball Machine Pop Bumper Cap Set

#1610 6 years ago

Does someone make a playfield decal for FP II?

#1611 6 years ago
Quoted from BDAWG:

Does someone make a playfield decal for FP II?

If you want to make your own, I have a very high resolution version of the playfield you can have. you can see a 72 dpi preview of it here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-club/page/30#post-3891623

PM me if you want it.

#1612 6 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

Hello Firepower folks! This is Bruce from Outside Edge.... and we are working on a project for PPS to produce shiny new back glasses. Through our research and provided specimens from the field we have (for about the millionth time) uncovered apparent variations that exist in the originals. This leaves us troubled, as there will only be a run produced to match one or the other. Look at my picture..... I have actually seen more of the "dark red" versions so far than the more "bright red" ... leading me to believe the darker is probably the one that there are more of (and possibly expected by the would be buyer)..... HOWEVER... I have traded emails with Greg Freres... and he believes that the BRIGHTER glass is what was intended. I also have to agree that the bright red is a better looking glass.
That being said... please respond with some opinions as to which we should match. I am either going to disappoint the "dark red" camp... or the "bright red camp" ... but I have o choose one.

Any update?

IMG_3458 (resized).JPGIMG_3458 (resized).JPG

#1613 6 years ago

Picked up my restored FP and all I can say is wow! New PB caps should be here Monday. The only issue now is my backglass looks lousy and I want to replace it and not wait for BG resto to repair this one.

Where's the best place to get a nice replacement FP backglass?..Mayfair amusements?

#1614 6 years ago

Playing around with my pinstadium light tonight and I plopped them into my firepower.

IMG_6645 (resized).JPGIMG_6645 (resized).JPG

IMG_6644 (resized).JPGIMG_6644 (resized).JPG

#1615 6 years ago
Quoted from Masspinballfan:

Picked up my restored FP and all I can say is wow! New PB caps should be here Monday. The only issue now is my backglass looks lousy and I want to replace it and not wait for BG resto to repair this one.
Where's the best place to get a nice replacement FP backglass?..Mayfair amusements?

Mayfair still has them but you might want to wait just a little more. Pps is about to have another repro out and possibly cheaper with the correct colors. See post number 1506 in this thread.

#1616 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Mayfair still has them but you might want to wait just a little more. Pps is about to have another repro out and possibly cheaper with the correct colors. See post number 1506 in this thread.

Thanks Travish. Yea I'd be definitely interested in ordering one from Pps as well.

#1617 6 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

Hello Firepower folks! This is Bruce from Outside Edge.... and we are working on a project for PPS to produce shiny new back glasses. Through our research and provided specimens from the field we have (for about the millionth time) uncovered apparent variations that exist in the originals. This leaves us troubled, as there will only be a run produced to match one or the other. Look at my picture..... I have actually seen more of the "dark red" versions so far than the more "bright red" ... leading me to believe the darker is probably the one that there are more of (and possibly expected by the would be buyer)..... HOWEVER... I have traded emails with Greg Freres... and he believes that the BRIGHTER glass is what was intended. I also have to agree that the bright red is a better looking glass.
That being said... please respond with some opinions as to which we should match. I am either going to disappoint the "dark red" camp... or the "bright red camp" ... but I have o choose one.

Can we some how ask Steve Ritchie what was supposed to be the correct colour glass?

#1618 6 years ago

I'm working on swapping a CPR playfield into my game and wonder if someone could help me out. My playfield is only drilled for 3 posts behind the 4-6 targets but I see most originals and some CPRs drilled for 4. My original has 4 there. Anyone know for sure if 3 or 4 were originally used? I can see why you might want a fourth there to shape the rubber and perhaps avoid a ball trap situation under that lower right pop. The area on the playfield does have a slight shape to it.

#1619 6 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

I'm working on swapping a CPR playfield into my game and wonder if someone could help me out. My playfield is only drilled for 3 posts behind the 4-6 targets but I see most originals and some CPRs drilled for 4. My original has 4 there. Anyone know for sure if 3 or 4 were originally used? I can see why you might want a fourth there to shape the rubber and perhaps avoid a ball trap situation under that lower right pop. The area on the playfield does have a slight shape to it.

Here's mine.

IMG_3467 (resized).PNGIMG_3467 (resized).PNG

#1620 6 years ago

Do any FP owners who have the new updated FP software Roms installed know if you can stack extra balls if you play really well on one ball and advance through a few modes?

I had a really successful ball on a game last night and I then had an extra ball awarded for the next "two" balls in play and not just one.

#1621 6 years ago

Hi all,

I finally fixed my master display board and got a replacement plasma score display, and would like to put the original-style displays back into my game. But I have a wire that popped out of the harness somewhere, and am not sure where it belongs.

It is single separate wire, separate from each display's harness, with discreet barrel connectors. It sort of daisy-chains one display to the next, along a Brown&White wire, and the feed wire becomes Black&White. This black wire has marks where it popped out of its source IDC connector on the master display... and I don't know which that would be.

The schematics say that Black is the Cathode keep-alive while Brown is the Anode. But since there are multiple keep-alives on the master display board (not to mention the wire changing from black to brown), I'm not sure where it belongs.

20171001_223758 (resized).jpg20171001_223758 (resized).jpg

20171001_223823 (resized).jpg20171001_223823 (resized).jpg

#1622 6 years ago

Unless someone gets back to you before me, I'll look at mine for you tonight.

#1623 6 years ago

Each display has brown w white in the 9th from the left with the 8th empty. It goes to the second down on j7. J7 has the white w brown AND the black w white in the same slot. It's the only slot with two wires

IMG_3501 (resized).PNGIMG_3501 (resized).PNG

IMG_3500 (resized).PNGIMG_3500 (resized).PNG

#1624 6 years ago

Thank you LaPorta and Travish!

Those pics are exactly what I needed. And I feel better that while looking at the schematic, my best guestimaterpretive hunch said "Hmm, I bet that keep-alive input on J7 is the one" would have been correct.

All hooked up properly and everything seems to work... save one glitch: Anybody have any ideas why one single digit would be noticeably brighter than the others? Its the "ones" place for Player 1. Swapping displays makes no change. I'd hoped that keep-alive cable might have something to do with it but no dice.

That bright digit is the last glitch in my original boards. I've now successfully rebuilt just about every aspect of this former wreck, including both sound boards, the MPU and the Driver board. Seems appropriate that in the end it's down to just one digit burning bright like the sun. Well, not quite *that* bright since that cracks the glass (ask me how I know) but, yeah.

#1625 6 years ago

Can you get us a picture of it? I’ll check my schematics tonight as well, if I get a chance tonight. Sorry for the delays: with kids, my mothers birthday, etc...spare time is hard to come by!

#1626 6 years ago

"one of these things is not like the others...."

20171003_162349 (resized).jpg20171003_162349 (resized).jpg

#1627 6 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Which style master display board do you have, the one with tons of discrete transistors (more rare) or the common one with the chips?

Assuming you have the common one, since the one's digit on Player 3 is not extra bright, I would think IC11 - one of the UDN6184

#1628 6 years ago
Quoted from Groucho:

Can we some how ask Steve Ritchie what was supposed to be the correct colour glass?

I've seen both but assumed the "correct" color would match the bright red on the playfield and that the dark red was a by product of the long production run. That is what I would vote for even though mine had the dark.

#1629 6 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

I've seen both but assumed the "correct" color would match the bright red on the playfield and that the dark red was a by product of the long production run. That is what I would vote for even though mine had the dark.

I agree, I would rather the bright colors. Just thinking back, it was the late 70's, early 80's...everything was loud colors...who would this be any different?

#1630 6 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Yes, the master display board close up and the wiring harness attach points on the master/first player display would be great. I'll take some shots of my own to make sure that they match. I'll also look at the schematics.

#1631 6 years ago

Here are mine:

IMG_2027 (resized).JPGIMG_2027 (resized).JPGIMG_2029 (resized).JPGIMG_2029 (resized).JPG

#1632 6 years ago

I need to do waterslide decals on my restoration. There was no way I was going to be able to spray the letters so I either cleaned up the lettering via a scan or I replaced it with the Data 70 font that's available free. It's the closest font I've seen but at the same time, the lettering is ALL OVER THE PLACE ON THIS PLAYFIELD. Upside down 1's, 0's, O's... it's nuts. Look at the differences in the 10,000 the 30,000 and the 50,000 zeros! I included a fixed flipped 100 score in the file and then I realized many of the scores on the playfield have incorrect numbers.

Anyway if anyone wants the PSD or the higher quality PDF to work with these further feel free to ask.

Playfield Lettering (resized).jpgPlayfield Lettering (resized).jpg

#1633 6 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

I need to do waterslide decals on my restoration. There was no way I was going to be able to spray the letters so I either cleaned up the lettering via a scan or I replaced it with the Data 70 font that's available free. It's the closest font I've seen but at the same time, the lettering is ALL OVER THE PLACE ON THIS PLAYFIELD. Upside down 1's, 0's, O's... it's nuts. Look at the differences in the 10,000 the 30,000 and the 50,000 zeros! I included a fixed flipped 100 score in the file and then I realized many of the scores on the playfield have incorrect numbers.
Anyway if anyone wants the PSD or the higher quality PDF to work with these further feel free to ask.

That is incredible! I never noticed that in all my years of playing FP. Thanks for sharing!

#1634 6 years ago

It really is incredible what a cluster some of that was. They must have been pushing like mad to get the thing out the door.

#1635 6 years ago

Trying to do pop bumper repair next. The color banding isn't quite as evident as it is in this jpg.

Upper Right Pop (resized).jpgUpper Right Pop (resized).jpg

#1636 6 years ago
Quoted from alexmogil:

Upside down 1's, 0's, O's... it's nuts.

The joys of doing fonts by cut and past by hand.

#1637 6 years ago

I just booted my firepower II up after moving last month. When I did, magic smoke started coming out if the pinitech NVRAM module I had installed. Any idea what could have cause this? No other obvious damage, when it first booted it seemed fine. Burned up after about 30 seconds of being on.

#1638 6 years ago

Just smoke? Or now it doesn’t work?

#1639 6 years ago

Doesn't work. The NVRAM module is very burned up. sorry if that wasn't clear.

#1640 6 years ago

This is a compressed set of pop bumper art - I hope to use this to fix some of my bad colors on my table. Again, I have PSD files if someone wants to make them better.

Next up: Gonna try to edit the planet. :/

All Pops (resized).jpgAll Pops (resized).jpg

#1641 6 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

magic smoke started coming out if the pinitech NVRAM module I had installed.

That's why its called Firepower!

#1642 6 years ago

It is possible that two or more pins for the unit were very close, but not touching. The move could have made them touch, causing a short. That would be my theory.

#1643 6 years ago

The discussion about the potential new Fire Power backglass production has gotten very quiet. Does anyone know if this going to happen anytime in the near future or should I just get a Mayfair one that’s already available for purchase now?

#1644 6 years ago

The only thing Ive heard is the new HardTop reproduction playfield overlay! Yes, the Backglass talk has died.

#1645 6 years ago

I suspect they are very busy. There's mention of several titles in the works and they are at EXPO this week.

#1646 6 years ago

So no one is making repro backglasses? My firepower 2 back glass flaked a ton during my move. Anyone have any high res scans of back glass art?

#1647 6 years ago

Finally got my sound working. Pulled out a couple of sound/speech boards from my pile and none worked. I just went ahead and ordered all new sound/speech boards and put them in. Still no sound. Started checking continuity on wires and somebody moved one of the speaker wires in the large connector leading to the head. Guess I should have checked that first.

#1648 6 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Finally got my sound working. Pulled out a couple of sound/speech boards from my pile and none worked. I just went ahead and ordered all new sound/speech boards and put them in. Still no sound. Started checking continuity on wires and somebody moved one of the speaker wires in the connector leading to the head. Guess I should have checked that first.

At least now you have a good, new sound board!

#1649 6 years ago

Yes I'm just leaving it in. Those new boards are really nice.

#1650 6 years ago

Speaking of sound, I was playing last night and noticed that the sound would go muffled for 5 seconds here and there and then go back to normal. Anyone know what might be causing that? This is my only 80s Williams so I don’t have much experience with them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Branford, CT
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,689 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 94.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-firepower-club/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.