(Topic ID: 167213)

The Final Game (before a pin leaves your collection)

By 27dnast

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Recently sold my IM to another Pinsider... Loved owning the game and played it to death. Once the sale was finalized, I spent some time going through the game, cleaned it, and gave it just a few more plays to make sure everything was working just right. With any sale of a game you actually enjoy, there comes that moment of realizing that you're about to hit start on the machine for the last time.

In this particular instance, I had some time constraints that pretty much guaranteed that the final game would actually be the final game. The pinball gods were on my side, as I managed to get to "do or die" which I only accomplished (one ball) a handful of times in almost 2 years... Immediately hit the center shot... And ended up getting my second highest score ever. Crazy for a player like me that, honestly, is a very average player.

It made me chuckle... All of those games I played --- over and over --- trying to set everything up just right, rarely to have it work, and It all comes together on that last game.

Of course, IM could some day return, but the chances of it being that machine are seriously low.

Very hard to have a fun machine leave -- reminds me very much of selling Whirlwind (which actually had much more sentimental value to me)...

Anyone else have a final game crowning moment?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-final-game-before-a-pin-leaves-your-collection?tu=27dnast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.