Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lovef2k
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

58EC78C5-9529-4813-814F-B18CA9C787A3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loneacer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 2 years ago
    Quoted from TwinDavid:

I recently bought parts from a well known supplier. It was well over 200.00 of parts shipped FedEx. I received an email notice from the supplier stating that the parts were shipped. After waiting over 10 days, I contacted said supplier asking what the hold up could have been. The supplier replied that FedEx confirmed delivery of the package a week prior! Obviously, I did not receive the parts.
    I contacted FedEx and asked for proof of delivery. FedEx supplied a company generated confirmation of the delivery with "no signature required", and as such, they are not responsible for the package once they confirm delivery. I did file a claim, but FedEx and the supplier replied that I have very little to no chance of recovering the funds.
    I work from home and there is always somebody here. In addition, I live in a very nice area and porch piracy is rare.
    My position is that since I paid for the parts and shipping directly to said supplier, they should be responsible for the missing parts. I am not a one off customer, I have been doing business with the supplier for a very long time.
    Their position is this:
    "Unfortunately there is almost no chance of getting package claims on packages marked as delivered unless the police get involved. I can work you up a replacement order, marking the items down to the lowest price possible. Let me know if that is something you are interested in"
    I am curious what other pinsiders think?
    Should the supplier have some liability or do I just take it right up the eject hole?

It is the supplier's responsibility to get your order in your hands. They chose the shipping method based on their risk tolerance (insurance, signature required, etc). In this case, they gambled and lost. In the long run, it's cheaper to pay for the occasional lost order than to pay those extra costs on every order. They are hoping you'll just let it slide, but they are on the hook here. I'm in e-commerce and I've shipped well into the hundreds of thousands of orders over the years. File a claim with your CC.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider loneacer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-fedex-fiasco?tu=loneacer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.