Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lovef2k
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

58EC78C5-9529-4813-814F-B18CA9C787A3 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lovef2k.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Given thieves aka porch pirates; I can understand why the supplier said this.
    That said; As a buyer I understand the purchasers stance.
    I find the whole situation interesting; Fedex and UPS screws everyone involved when these things happen.
    I wonder want USPS's stance is when you pay for insurance.
    They did offer to mark down the price to the lowest price seems "fair" in the absence of out-right replacement.
    That said; its tough.

There is no such thing. Period.

I'm a 33+ year UPS employee, I know weird that I work on pins. I was a package driver for 17 of these years, now tractor trailer driver. I can tell you when a package is MIA and the consignee denies receipt, UPS puts a tracer on the parcel and is sent out with the driver to locate it or obtain a signature if the parcel was in fact received. UPS also automatically insures the first $100 of the parcel's value. We also pay claims more than that as long as the shipper declared the value at the time shipment. UPS uses satellite positioning as proof of delivery if no signature was taken. Also the scanner (DIAD) that we use today will beep loudly if the parcel is scanned more than 300 feet from it's intended delivery address. So as long as the address is correct, it's practically impossible to misdeliver a parcel. Any driver that has many tracers issued will be disciplined. Weather or not if it's his or her fault. Managers don't like getting tracers.

UPS is also the highest for shipping in most cases, but sometimes FEDEX and USPS are more. Unfortunately more and more companies are going with FEDEX to save money. So I guess this leads to them not paying claims. I'm not bragging but I have had more issues with FEDEX and USPS than UPS.

I bought a pair of speakers on EBAY in 2008. The seller taped two boxes together to save shipping, He didn't put address on both boxes. FEDEX lost one. After trying to find it, FEDEX ended up paying the seller for the speaker instead of me. The seller kept the money and stopped communication. I complained to ebay and they gave me a $200 credit for a $90 speaker. I used the $200 towards my first pinball machine. You guessed it, a F2K.

TwinDavid I hope you get your money back or find the parcel. Did the shipper do anything to help find it? Or did they leave it up to you? I think if the seller inquired to FEDEX, they would be more prone to help than to risk losing a customer, especially a larger account, like Marco for instance. They only use FEDEX and USPS. I'm glad that PBR and PBL still use UPS.

2 weeks later
    #101 2 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Not knocking you at all so don't take it that way but ..........
    As someone that shipped a deluge of packages over the years I can say UPS is the absolute worst when it comes to filing claims. The secret to filing a claim is don't take the first three rejections of your claim as final. You have to dispute every time they reject your claim and then ask for a manager. It's even worse if it's under 100$ as the folks that handle the under 100$ are not UPS employees. UPS outsources this work!
    Also, with UPS as well as FedEx, don't waste your money on Fragile stickers or any other stickers as neither company recognizes any stickers other then Hazardous or Battery stickers.
    My UPS driver use to always tell me that "marking anything as fragile only meant my package was going to be used as a football by the workers in the terminals".
    Again lovef2k not knocking you as every company has good and bad employees. The above is just my experience and is also why I had switched over to FedEx. I had few claims with FedEx and when I did it was resolved the first time.

No offense taken. We have had good and bad experiences with shipping companies. I will admit UPS is not as customer friendly as they were when I started 33 years ago. It's sad and it worries me as a expect to collect a pension some day.

All carriers are overwhelmed these days. Our company has grown significantly over the last 5 years. We now have a new CFO that wants to bring us back to our glory days when ups actually cared about the quality of our service. Back when our trucks were washed daily and appearance was a top priority.

I still say as whole, UPS is better than fedex. We started this company over 100 hears ago as a courier service with 13 motorcycles. FedEx copies everything we do or have done and try to do it cheaper and then the customer suffers. A majority of them always come back.

The down fall for UPS is when our stocks went public. Only want to please shareholders. On the up side, ups is always looking into new technology and robotics. We have smart hubs across the country. Currently adding new buildings in North Phila and New Jersey to ease some pressure on the buildings we have now that are processing more than we can handle.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lovef2k.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-fedex-fiasco?tu=Lovef2k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.