Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 101 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lovef2k
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

58EC78C5-9529-4813-814F-B18CA9C787A3 (resized).jpeg

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 2 years ago

I recently bought parts from a well known supplier. It was well over 200.00 of parts shipped FedEx. I received an email notice from the supplier stating that the parts were shipped. After waiting over 10 days, I contacted said supplier asking what the hold up could have been. The supplier replied that FedEx confirmed delivery of the package a week prior! Obviously, I did not receive the parts.

I contacted FedEx and asked for proof of delivery. FedEx supplied a company generated confirmation of the delivery with "no signature required", and as such, they are not responsible for the package once they confirm delivery. I did file a claim, but FedEx and the supplier replied that I have very little to no chance of recovering the funds.

I work from home and there is always somebody here. In addition, I live in a very nice area and porch piracy is rare.

My position is that since I paid for the parts and shipping directly to said supplier, they should be responsible for the missing parts. I am not a one off customer, I have been doing business with the supplier for a very long time.

Their position is this:

"Unfortunately there is almost no chance of getting package claims on packages marked as delivered unless the police get involved. I can work you up a replacement order, marking the items down to the lowest price possible. Let me know if that is something you are interested in"

I am curious what other pinsiders think?

Should the supplier have some liability or do I just take it right up the eject hole?

#2 2 years ago

No vendor should expect to retain funds for a product the customer never received. The risk of shipping is theirs, not yours.

#3 2 years ago

You never got them, you don’t pay for them.

#4 2 years ago

Well, if you used a CC just dispute the charges. Problem solved.

#5 2 years ago

I once had a semi-similar issue with USPS. Package said it was delivered but never was

When I contacted the sellers they said sorry, it had been too many days between the “delivery” and me contacting them with the issue (like seven). I can’t really fault them either. I had the tracking number and wasn’t monitoring it. They said my claim would probably fail but they did start one.

I was just about to re-order when the USPS delivery showed up. I think it got delivered to the wrong house, the postman had to pick it back up, sent it back to the sorting place, then came to my house.

Hopefully yours just got delivered to the wrong house and that person took it to a FedEx drop off, or just hasn’t gotten around to dropping it off on your porch as a favor.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from A_Bord:

No vendor should expect to retain funds for a product the customer never received. The risk of shipping is theirs, not yours.

RUBBISH! You sound like you work for PayPal!

Once the seller has packed the goods and handed them over to the carrier it becomes the carriers responsibility to deliver or make good for any loss.

It seems typical in this era of "nobody wants to take responsibility" - man up and blame the correct party for the problem. It isn't the buyer and it isn't the seller that is the problem here - it's the company trusted to collect-transport-and deliver the item.

How can the seller possibly control what the shipping company does, or does not do? Do you expect every seller to start their own delivery company or personally "stop by" and put the package in your hands?

This is 100% down to the shipping company to make good for a package lost while in their care.

It's just preposterous to think otherwise.

#7 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

RUBBISH! You sound like you work for PayPal!
    Once the seller has packed the goods and handed them over to the carrier it becomes the carriers responsibility to deliver or make good for any loss.
    It seems typical in this era of "nobody wants to take responsibility" - man up and blame the correct party for the problem. It isn't the buyer and it isn't the seller that is the problem here - it's the company trusted to collect-transport-and deliver the item.
    How can the seller possibly control what the shipping company does, or does not do? Do you expect every seller to start their own delivery company or personally "stop by" and put the package in your hands?
    This is 100% down to the shipping company to make good for a package lost while in their care.
    It's just preposterous to think otherwise.

While I agree, from a consumer point of view it's the sellers responsibility to get the goods to the purchaser. Whether they use a carrier pigeon, FedEx, UPS or Uber, it's up to the seller to align with a reputable company to ensure the goods which were paid for arrive.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

While I agree, from a consumer point of view it's the sellers responsibility to get the goods to the purchaser. Whether they use a carrier pigeon, FedEx, UPS or Uber, it's up to the seller to align with a reputable company to ensure the goods which were paid for arrive.

If the seller offers a choice of shipping - post office, Fedex, other, and the customer chooses one, how can that possibly have anything to do with the seller.

I'm starting to see why some sellers refuse to do anything about shipping and just state - "make your own arrangements for collection".

Like I said, how about place the blame where it should be - on the shipper.

#9 2 years ago

Given thieves aka porch pirates; I can understand why the supplier said this.
    That said; As a buyer I understand the purchasers stance.
    I find the whole situation interesting; Fedex and UPS screws everyone involved when these things happen.
    I wonder want USPS's stance is when you pay for insurance.

They did offer to mark down the price to the lowest price seems "fair" in the absence of out-right replacement.
    That said; its tough.

it's up to the seller to align with a reputable company to ensure the goods which were paid for arrive.

There is no such thing. Period.

#10 2 years ago

Have you checked other entrances? In bins or boxes? In bushes or under trees?

Maybe check with the next door neighbors on either side and across the street?

Maybe contact the nearest fedex sorting facility and check for unclaimed packages?

#11 2 years ago

I would probably be more concerned about maintaining the relationship with the supplier for another future order. In this hobby, there are not many of them to begin with.

Doesn’t make it right but sometimes life hands you lemons. Be glad it wasn’t a whole game.

#12 2 years ago

As both buyer and seller I see both sides as well, however when filing a claim usually the shippers will not even talk to the individual making the purchase of goods.

Kick it up to a district manager and start squeezing some nuts.

#13 2 years ago

Like others have said, I would call my CC company and dispute the charges. As a buyer, they are goods and services that were not provided. It's not the sellers fault either. However, they are much more likely to help in the matter if they face a potential loss themselves. The sellers are choosing which companies to ship with. If this is how fedex is going to treat them, they have a choice to not use them anymore. If it's a large enough supplier, I would imagine FedEx would be much more concerned about this if it was risking a valuable contract. It's more about forcing these parties to the right solution then placing blame.

#14 2 years ago

Exactly!
    The order contains goods and shipping cost. As a buyer, I paid for delivered service (Delivered Duty Unpaid).
    Delivered Duty Unpaid (DDU) is an international trade term meaning the seller is responsible for ensuring goods arrive safely to a destination; the buyer is responsible for import duties.

#15 2 years ago

I live on a road that is a dead end, maybe 4 miles long, our house is 2 1/2 miles in but directly on the road itself. So, we had similar issues, "package delivered". No package. Walked over to the neighbors house (who thankfully we get along with), and there was our package along with a bunch of others who live beyond me. We complained to no avail. I contacted the Atty Generals office and got results.

#16 2 years ago

FedEx is trash. I've lost three expensive packages due to their theivery and/or incompetence - recovered one package due to a not even remotely close "neighbor" brought the misdelivered item to my house (not a single digit and not a single consonant were the same between addresses, even our cities were even different). Just because someone is there to sign doesn't mean they actually match a signature to a license.

We keep the house monitored (and mail box) in glorious 8k 24/7 365.25. Even within minutes of FedEx marking a package delivered I've filed a claim, sent video evidence (or lack thereof cause they never showed up) and still ended up on the losing end. Not worth it to spend unknown hours in court against a corporate giant. Would be different if I were an attorney just to prove the point.

You likely had the fortune to have delivery from a third party contractor delivering for FedEx - they have no control, no tracking, no ability to have dispatch reach them. I believe this is usually labeled as FedEx home delivery.

Keep fighting FedEx. Also, in the future stick with UPS or USPS.

#17 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

If the seller offers a choice of shipping - post office, Fedex, other, and the customer chooses one, how can that possibly have anything to do with the seller.

The seller has a relationship with the shippers. The seller allowing the buyer to specify among a choice of shippers does not change this fact. The shippers are agents of the seller, not the buyer.

If the buyer independently had to contact a shipper and contract them to ship the item, what your saying could make sense, at least for the laws here in the US.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from P1nhead:

FedEx is trash.

This has been my experience in CT as well. I have watched the trucks blast past the house and the tracking come up "no delivery, customer not home" even though it isn't even required for me to be home for delivery!

I call the DM instantly. Hard to dispute I'm not home when caller ID makes it abundantly clear I am.

#19 2 years ago

I knew this was common issue.

Gotenwill hit the nail right on the head for me. There was a reason I did not mention which supplier it was. There aren't many options for parts and supplies in our hobby. I did check other entrances and the like...nada.

It was suggested that the easiest solution was to dispute the charge with my credit card company. While this is true, I would be alienating this supplier from future purchases.

I believe the supplier is on the hook...no different from Amazon for instance. I have had merchandise not make to my front door, and a credit was cheerfully refunded. In that regard, the supplier pretty much left me on an island. They contracted the delivery service, not me.

So aggravating!

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

I once had a semi-similar issue with USPS. Package said it was delivered but never was
    When I contacted the sellers they said sorry, it had been too many days between the “delivery” and me contacting them with the issue (like seven). I can’t really fault them either. I had the tracking number and wasn’t monitoring it. They said my claim would probably fail but they did start one.
    I was just about to re-order when the USPS delivery showed up. I think it got delivered to the wrong house, the postman had to pick it back up, sent it back to the sorting place, then came to my house.
    Hopefully yours just got delivered to the wrong house and that person took it to a FedEx drop off, or just hasn’t gotten around to dropping it off on your porch as a favor.

There has been times that my packages were delivered to one of the back streets wth the same house number. But, with so much time gone by, I would have thought the homeowner would have either contact/deliver to me or return to FedEX. I am hopeful that FeDEx was contacted and the package is in route....yeah right.

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from TwinDavid:

There has been times that my packages were delivered to one of the back streets wth the same house number. But, with so much time gone by, I would have thought the homeowner would have either contact/deliver to me or return to FedEX. I am hopeful that FeDEx was contacted and the package is in route....yeah right.

FedEx delivered to the "right house" as far as they are concerned. So whose house are they going to check for a package?

#22 2 years ago

Grab yourself a couple inexpensive Wyze cameras from Amazon. This exact issue happened recently, although not pinball parts. I received the email that the package was delivered, but no motion detected on my porch. However, after reviewing my street footage, i did see the FedEx truck drive by 30 sec after the package was reported delivered. Cams are time stamped.
    I immediately contacted FedEx and explained the situation and noted i had video evidence. They immediately contacted that route driver and he found and redelivered the missing package.
    Cameras are your best leverage.

#23 2 years ago

Shipping is awful across all shipping companies right now and FedEx may be the worst.

I would reach out to neighbors and even try to question the driver the next time you see them. One thing would be to see when it was marked as delivered as it may tell you where on a route it was delivered. I’ve spent a lot of time on the phone this year with multiple shipping companies because of my customer’s packages getting lost and it’s an awful feeling knowing your shit is in out there somewhere.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

Grab yourself a couple inexpensive Wyze cameras from Amazon. This exact issue happened recently, although not pinball parts. I received the email that the package was delivered, but no motion detected on my porch. However, after reviewing my street footage, i did see the FedEx truck drive by 30 sec after the package was reported delivered. Cams are time stamped.
    I immediately contacted FedEx and explained the situation and noted i had video evidence. They immediately contacted that route driver and he found and redelivered the missing package.

I had this exact situation with FedEx a couple months ago. They stopped in front of the house, driver never left the truck, and poof "not delivered - signature not available." And yet I was in the house, left the inner front door open so they could see there was somebody home. I think they just didn't want to pick up the two decent sized boxes to carry them. Had it all on camera, and they get real responsive once you say that.

Called fed-ex and they sent the driver back to deliver it the same day.

-Hans

#25 2 years ago

I had a fed ex delivery about a week ago - non pinball item. Driver stopped at our driveway fumbled around in back of the truck for about 5-10 minutes and drove off. Next day he pulled up again. Was inside the truck for 15 minutes and then found the small package. Delivered. It was a padded envelope brown in color about 8 1/2 x 11 inches and an inch thick. Driver apparently couldn't see it or find it in the pile in his truck. The 2nd day he didn't give up and I got my package.

#26 2 years ago

I have also had US postal service deliver a package to the wrong house and mark it delivered. Took the driver about a week to get it back from the wrong house and deliver to me. I have also gotten stuff meant for others - I just go deliver to the correct address when that happens. Has been a couple years on one of those episodes happening.

Occasionally we get the neighbors mail. Carrier is well past retirement age and the subs tell me he should retire. Often he goes by the house 2-3 times in one day delivering out of order. He must not be good at sorting or something or unorganized or they boot him out of the P.O. before he is ready to do the route. Don't know.

U.S. mail seems the worst. Had an insurance claim once about 5 years ago. Took about 3-4 months and appeals etc and they never paid the claim. Basically they have to loose it or the driver has to run over the package in your presence to get paid. Postal Insurance is worthless in my experience.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from GLSP3022:

We have Ring doorbell camera. It records anything that passes onto our driveway or front yard and saves a video in the clouds for 60 days. It would be really easy to dispute this kind of case if you have something like that.

#28 2 years ago

This is exactly why I have a Nest doorbell. Creates proof of delivery (or proves something was never delivered).

Highly recommend getting one.

#29 2 years ago

2 part reply .

A good way to get your packages is to get to know your driver by name . UPS and FedEx typically assign driver regular route . If driver out vacation/sick they often will know who covered for him. This local contact can help find errant package quickly . Not driver responsibility but usually good folks to work with if you ask to keep lookout for your goods. Filing with shipper is fine as well in case shipped wrong due to poor labeling.

Now issue broke machine and needed parts week or more ago . Maybe check vendor ask if you replace the order would they accept a return if part shows up later . A working game may reduce frustration .

If porch pirate poor fellow . Trying to figure out how to buy a pin he could use your parts on in this market would be very challanging ; )

Shane

#30 2 years ago

Many of these carriers are location sensitive.
    For example I have a great almost friendship with my mailman,UPS and STI driver.
    FedEx is always the worst for me. No hope in establishing a relationship with the driver. Too many divisions and it seems like a revolving door. It’s so bad I closed my account and will seriously buy elsewhere if forced to use them.
    It isn’t that I am anti FedEx it just simply that more often than not I have lousy service from them and it’s consistent enough to know they are not for me.
    Everything’s always late,smashed ,delivered to the wrong place and more than a few times I have been given delivery exceptions stating I wasn’t here when I indeed was and they never even attempted delivery at all.
    The customer service is a joke.
    This is the type of thing they leave on my porch and run. Why even deliver something like this?
    58EC78C5-9529-4813-814F-B18CA9C787A3 (resized).jpeg58EC78C5-9529-4813-814F-B18CA9C787A3 (resized).jpeg

#31 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheProgrammer:

This is exactly why I have a Nest doorbell. Creates proof of delivery (or proves something was never delivered).
    Highly recommend getting one.

I just did!

But the question still remains...Why is the consumer responsible? The Supplier offered several methods of shipping as a SERVICE. Next day, 2 day, USPS, FedEx, etc. It is my position that the supplier had arranged logistics. They should stand behind it. Of course, porch piracy is different, but I am sure this is not the case. Tne reason for this? I ordered glass. The box was HUGE. I live in an older community that literally has nothing better to do than to street watch. They comment on almost everything I do. If a stranger pulled up and snatched the package, my neighbors would have been a buzz!

#32 2 years ago

I have has no less than 4 items delivered to the wrong house in my subdivision, luckily those people were honest and walked them over to my house. This has become the norm with outsourcing delivery to the lowest bidder.

#33 2 years ago

How in the world can the supplier be responsible for an item that they shipped and was marked ‘delivered’ at your door by FedEx?

As far as the nice area you live in...In my business I’m constantly doing work in upscale neighborhoods and there are more garage and porch thefts than you would ever believe.

It sounds like you are hurt by the fact that the company you give a lot of business to, won’t take care of you on this situation and I totally understand that but that’s a judgment call on their part.

#34 2 years ago

As you recognize - you are probably 100% in the right to dispute the charge with your CC company however you will also burn a bridge with a supplier and if you are like me 90% of your parts come from 2 different suppliers and you can't alienate one of them if you want to be in this hobby.

Is it possible to inquire further (what type of minimum insurance if any was on the package? does fex-ex at least offer a minimum $50 insurance like USPS? etc.) As others said because they shipped the item they are in the "best position" to rattle FedEx's cage and make a claim. If no coverage is available which is likely the case than it really comes down to whether you want to hold the supplier to its responsibility or not (and potentially burn a bridge).

I'd hate to be in your spot but I'd probably just try and find a way to split the "loss" with the supplier and move on. It seems they are trying to do that in some form but most of it appears to still be falling on you.

The supplier should offer an insurance option. What may be happening is they are either charging shipping at cost or slightly marking it up and "self-insuring" but the self insurance appears to fall on the customer because they are banking on someone NOT killing a relationship over a missing package.

The suppliers I work with don't offer insurance at an extra cost but maybe they should if they want to "indirectly force" a customer to eat a loss.

#35 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

How in the world can the supplier be responsible for an item that they shipped and was marked ‘delivered’ at your door by FedEx?

Supplier /should/ offer insurance option in the shipping. Supplier files insurance claim.

Supplier needs to bear the cost of this by either marking up products to cover occasional losses or by purchasing insurance on X value packages and passing cost along to customer. If the customer NEVER had the option of insurance and didn't pick the shipping company (and has no contract with the shipping company) why would you blame the customer?

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from TwinDavid:

Why is the consumer responsible? The Supplier offered several methods of shipping as a SERVICE.

The consumer isn't responsible. The shipper bears the risk until the goods arrive at the customer's door no matter the reason they never arrived.

Your problem is the carrier is lying and you can't prove otherwise. It's still not your fault.

Have some empathy for the shipper too though. They didn't want the carrier to lose your stuff either. You could push them to push the carrier but for what? Weigh the likelihood of a better outcome vs the effort involved.

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from P1nhead:

Keep fighting FedEx. Also, in the future stick with UPS or USPS.

UPS sucks moose balls!

#38 2 years ago
    Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Supplier /should/ offer insurance option in the shipping. Supplier files insurance claim.
    Supplier needs to bear the cost of this by either marking up products to cover occasional losses or by purchasing insurance on X value packages and passing cost along to customer. If the customer NEVER had the option of insurance and didn't pick the shipping company (and has no contract with the shipping company) why would you blame the customer?

Nobody is blaming the customer.

And just because you think that the supplier should provide an insurance option, they are under no obligation to do so.

Maybe it would be good business sense to offer insurance and maybe it would be good business sense to offer a full refund but as I said, that’s totally a judgment call on their part.

Waste your time fighting FedEx or suck it up admit that it’s just possible that some kid snagged it.

#39 2 years ago

How would insurance help this situation? FedEx believes they delivered the shipment. They won't pay an insurance claim when they think they've delivered. Sorry this happened.

#40 2 years ago

Maybe I'm crazy, but I wouldn't worry about my relationship with the seller. $200 is a lot of money to a lot of people. It sounds like you have been buying stuff from this company for a long time and have likely spent thousands of dollars on parts like the rest of us. You did not receive the goods and services that were paid for. The supplier should assume that you aren't lying based on your history. If getting your credit card involved for a legit reason is going to cause the supplier to ruin a thousand dollar relationship over a couple hundred, that's on them.

#41 2 years ago

Ultimately it is the sellers responsibility to put the item in your hands. Look at how goods are taxed. They are taxed based on buyers location not the sellers, therefore the transaction occurs at your doorstep. Didnt get it? Sellers problem.

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Many of these carriers are location sensitive.
    For example I have a great almost friendship with my mailman,UPS and STI driver.
    FedEx is always the worst for me. No hope in establishing a relationship with the driver. Too many divisions and it seems like a revolving door. It’s so bad I closed my account and will seriously buy elsewhere if forced to use them.
    It isn’t that I am anti FedEx it just simply that more often than not I have lousy service from them and it’s consistent enough to know they are not for me.
    Everything’s always late,smashed ,delivered to the wrong place and more than a few times I have been given delivery exceptions stating I wasn’t here when I indeed was and they never even attempted delivery at all.
    The customer service is a joke.
    This is the type of thing they leave on my porch and run. Why even deliver something like this?
    [quoted image]

Your dog looks guilty?

#43 2 years ago

"The supplier should assume that you aren't lying based on your history. If getting your credit card involved for a legit reason is going to cause the supplier to ruin a thousand dollar relationship over a couple hundred, that's on them"

That's the other factor that chaps my buns. The fact I have purchased a good deal of merchandise and have a good history with the company.. It got me a promised discount on the replacement parts. Yahoo...

#44 2 years ago

I had a similar issue a few years ago where I had ordered an Alltek MPU and it didn't arrive but indicated it was delivered. I filed a complaint and reached out to the seller and nothing arrived. The seller ended up sending me another one (I made this purchase on Amazon as I had a gift card). A couple months later, my neighbor dropped off the original shipment. The shipper had delivered it to the wrong address and my neighbor was in Florida for the winter, so it sat on their porch for a few months.

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eric_S:

I had a similar issue a few years ago where I had ordered an Alltek MPU and it didn't arrive but indicated it was delivered. I filed a complaint and reached out to the seller and nothing arrived. The seller ended up sending me another one (I made this purchase on Amazon as I had a gift card). A couple months later, my neighbor dropped off the original shipment. The shipper had delivered it to the wrong address and my neighbor was in Florida for the winter, so it sat on their porch for a few months.

Did you return it to the seller when it was determined not his fault and cost?

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Did you return it to the seller when it was determined not his fault and cost?

I reached out to the seller but they said since so much time had elapsed and that it was outside for so long, just to keep it.

#47 2 years ago

Because of covid most delivery companies have waived the signature requirement. That's not your fault. Delivery companies use many temporary workers who are over worked and under trained. Insurance with USPS is almost impossible to get a claim reimbursed.

Many deliveries are improperly entered as delivered. USPS won't even let you open a complaint until the item is 21 days past the estimated delivery date. The shipper does have more power to expedite the complaint because they have agreements with delivery companies to get discounts on shipping.

I have Wyze cameras and they are junk. Get a Nest, Ring or other name brand cameras and the image quality and user interfaces are superior to Wyze.

#48 2 years ago

You didn’t have a tracking number?

#49 2 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

UPS sucks moose balls!

We know our UPS driver - never messed up a delivery. I am sure this is a regionally variable thing based on old timers, new hires, subbed out contractors and turnover. UPS seems pretty stable in our neck of the woods.

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

You didn’t have a tracking number?

Certainly. I used it to file a claim. Unlike most delivery companies that take a photo of the package at the destination, all FedEx provided was a self generated typed notice stating “delivered”.

There are 101 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-fedex-fiasco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.