(Topic ID: 27189)

The Fastest of the Fast! (Help me make the definitive list)

By copperpot

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Av8
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Ironman: Fastest Around. Even GOOD games can be < 5 minutes long.
BSD: Fast and Frustrating, a close second to Ironman.
No Fear: No pops and full of loops and ramps.
F-14: Brutally fast and the kickback keeps you on your toes.
Tron: Set up difficult, this game can kick your ass before you even get started.
AC/DC Pro: Much faster than the Premium, the non-drop targets will rocket the ball back much faster than the Premium Drops.

What else goes in this list? What are the other fast and furious games out there?

#2 11 years ago

You forgot JM, probably the fast wms game out there.
It's really a blaze hitting those loops and ramps.

#3 11 years ago

ACDC Pro is hands down the fastest game I have ever played. F14 and JM would be 2nd and 3rd, though I am unsure of which order to put them in. IM and NF round out the top 5. Honorable mention to BSD.

#4 11 years ago

BBH came before IM during Stern's brief period when they were building games with really short ball times and no earnable extra balls. If you have IM up there, BBH has to be there too. Not a lot of flow (like IM), but plenty fast.

#5 11 years ago

How are we defining "fast"? Ball speed or punishing layouts?

Ball speed: JM is easily #1. Hit any 2 shot loop and spinner combo and watch the ball scream. Hit a third and it gets ridiculous. Luck out and flail a fourth and it becomes a blur.

Brutal Layout: a ton of games. Just surprised no one listed The Shadow yet.

#6 11 years ago

Agreed, JM is IMO the fastest pin out there with no close second.

And phishrace makes a good point BBH is pretty damn fast. Another not highly rated pin that is very fast is ID4. IM is another pin that is fast fast fast.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

Ball speed: JM is easily #1. Hit any 2 shot loop and spinner combo and watch the ball scream. Hit a third and it gets ridiculous. Luck out and flail a fourth and it becomes a blur.

Best description of JM speed that I've ever heard. That's right on the money

#8 11 years ago

JM sounds awesome, I've never played it. I've never played ID4 or BBH for that matter, I'll add those to the list.

-Wes

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Agreed, JM is IMO the fastest pin out there with no close second.
And phishrace makes a good point BBH is pretty damn fast. Another not highly rated pin that is very fast is ID4. IM is another pin that is fast fast fast.

I like my ID4 more everytime I go back and play it. I really like the ramps and how they move the ball.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

Yea, JM gets so fast that if you're not careful and don't intentionally try to slow things down, the ball jumps the flipper. If that hand didnt exist, this might be one of the all around fastest games ever made.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from sosage:

Brutal Layout: a ton of games. Just surprised no one listed The Shadow yet.

Shadow definitely has one of the toughest layouts in pinball. Period.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

I like my ID4 more everytime I go back and play it.

Yeah that one surprised me for sure. I didn't think I would like it but as I played it the flow of the ramps combined with overall speed impressed me.

#13 11 years ago

Another vote for JM once you hit a few loops it gets crazy fast.

#14 11 years ago

VNDs glo-balls weigh the same as a powerball, and the layout is all speed. If it is clean and set up right, its about IM fast. I have both near each other. You can keep the balls in play on VND easier though.

#15 11 years ago

IM is way fast, but I'd put a clearcoated F-14 (without Mylar) as the fastest.

#16 11 years ago

Even faster will be my F-14 with the top sling when you are finished VID. YEE-HAH!

Dan

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Even faster will be my F-14 with the top sling when you are finished VID. YEE-HAH!
Dan

Now you're talkin' crazy

#18 11 years ago

Acdc Pro. Fastest Stern. Love the blinding speed. Sharp strong flippers. crazy stong slingshots. i had a sling shoot the ball up the ramp.

Bsd is fast too but more brutal then fast.

Tron is also really fast and i felt xmen had speed with those same flippers and slingshots that AC DC has.

#19 11 years ago

Cool Thread......I love fast games. I'll have to look for JM.

#20 11 years ago

I'm starting to really enjoy fast pins, and I'm definitely going to be on the lookout to play a lot of these I've never even considered.

-Wes

#21 11 years ago

come on over for some ACKADACKA

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Acdc Pro. Fastest Stern. Love the blinding speed. Sharp strong flippers. crazy stong slingshots. i had a sling shoot the ball up the ramp.

only machine I have ever played, where there have been many times that I have actually LOST TRACK of the ball,for a second or two

#23 11 years ago

No one thinks BK2000 is fast? Guess not as fast as JM and AC/DC but still can get pretty fast I think. One of my all time favorites so I suppose I'm lil bias.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from CCary:

No one thinks BK2000 is fast? Guess not as fast as JM and AC/DC but still can get pretty fast I think. One of my all time favorites so I suppose I'm lil bias.

Ball speed fast? I guess you can hit that upper loop all day and build speed. Maybe the U-turn shot, but it doesn't really flow to anything else to gain speed.

Fast as in brutal, yes. If you ever break from the monotony of the "lower right flipper into left ramp into upper playfield into lower right flipper to repeat" strategy and play the lower playfield, it is really brutal. But...why do that? This game's biggest weakness is in not making the lower playfield worth the risk.

#25 11 years ago

Not on Coperpots list...

BK2K, JM, The Shadow, Rollergames, Corvette, Transformers Pro, Big Buck Hunter, Nascar

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from drbond:

Not on Coperpots list...

BK2K,

+1. Should make the top ten here.

#27 11 years ago

acdc pro nothing compares

#28 11 years ago

Maybe I'm about to embarrass myself with this question, but can't you MAKE a pin fast? I understand that many pins are what they are, but I have a Taxi that was tweaked by a pinsider that plays like lightning. My Big Guns ain't no slouch either, mostly due to design with the cannons.
(For reference, I've played most of the pins listed in this thread. Most of the comments I agree with but a couple have me scratching my head. Maybe it's a "per condition" thing?)
Flame me if I deserve it. I'm a big boy.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

Maybe I'm about to embarrass myself with this question, but can't you MAKE a pin fast? I understand that many pins are what they are, but I have a Taxi that was tweaked by a pinsider that plays like lightning. My Big Guns ain't no slouch either, mostly due to design with the cannons.
(For reference, I've played most of the pins listed in this thread. Most of the comments I agree with but a couple have me scratching my head. Maybe it's a "per condition" thing?)
Flame me if I deserve it. I'm a big boy.

I totally agree with you there are definitely lots of things you can do to speed up your pin, but I think the point is pins that are designed to be fast. Sure you can raise the pitch on a TZ but that pin was not designed with speed in mind, While almost any Steve Ritchie game is designed to throw that ball straight down the middle as fast as it can.

#31 11 years ago

Love fast pins.

ACDC pro fastest.

Then IM.

#32 11 years ago

Never seen a faster ball than Tron, pun intended. It's a rare occurrence, but three times I had the ball burry itself behind the slingshot rubber fired from the Recognizer disc. Ball was a bullet, completely invisible. Left my jaw hanging open, and my eyes searching the playfield for what the f just happened.

#33 11 years ago

F14 is fast. Black knight 2k is fast on lower playfield.

Is High Speed worthy?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-fastest-of-the-fast-help-me-make-the-definitive-list and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.