Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by phil-lee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

devil-evil-advocate-pachino-church-satan (resized).png
    6d65e32e-f3b6-499e-8100-eeba4b795770.jpg
    danny-devito-nope.gif
    exorcist.gif
    DB16C499-A90B-418A-BED7-27A8942E016A (resized).jpeg
    #1 9 months ago

This year is the 50th anniversary for The Exorcist, what are the odds a pin could grace our presence?

#2 9 months ago

Topper would be great. Little girls head spinning around.

LTG : )

#3 9 months ago
    Quoted from Enchantress:

This year is the 50th anniversary for The Exorcist, what are the odds a pin could grace our presence?

Anniversaries don't usually factor into anything so I'd say aboot 0%

#4 9 months ago
    Quoted from Enchantress:

Extremely thin, unless spooky decides to make a terrible pinball machine based upon it.

Just don’t see how this theme works for a pinball machine.

Not everything needs to be a pinball machine!

#5 9 months ago

Projectile vomit multiball!

#6 9 months ago

Exorcist III would be better of course.

#7 9 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

DB16C499-A90B-418A-BED7-27A8942E016A (resized).jpegDB16C499-A90B-418A-BED7-27A8942E016A (resized).jpeg
    #8 9 months ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Exorcist III would be better of course.

That movie is so damn good.

#9 9 months ago
    exorcist.gifexorcist.gif
    #10 9 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Extremely thin, unless spooky decides to make a terrible pinball machine based upon it.
    Just don’t see how this theme works for a pinball machine.

Definitely can think of many less desirable themes the manufacturers thought were a good idea!

#11 9 months ago

I would imagine supply delays, cursed non working toys and worker electrocutions during production.

#12 9 months ago

Exorcist is fine I guess, but wheres the appeal as a pinball? Back to the future is infinitely more popular and no one made a game on whatever anniversary it had last.

#13 9 months ago

I don’t know man. I’m not feeling “Let Jesus F You Multiball!”

#14 9 months ago

How would the game handle an appropiate shaker motor?

#15 9 months ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

I don’t know man. I’m not feeling “Let Jesus F You Multiball!”

Sounds more like a wizard mode to me.

#16 9 months ago

Green Glow Balls

#17 9 months ago

Father Merrin needs his pills hurry-up.

This would be a terrific theme.

#18 9 months ago

That movie scarred me for half my life after I watched it when I was 9. So....

danny-devito-nope.gifdanny-devito-nope.gif
    #19 9 months ago
    Quoted from ExSquid:

That movie scarred me for half my life after I watched it when I was 9. So....
    [quoted image]

It scared me for half my life and I was 18.

Saw it twice. Two nights in a row.

Thought to myself, how bad can it be the second time.

Answer?

Just as bad as the first.

FUCK!!

#20 9 months ago

Need some Dario Argento.....

#21 9 months ago

Waiting for the Modders to figure out how make a pin levitate.

#22 9 months ago

Spooky's the only company that would attempt it.

Never say never. Any theme can be mad into a pinball machine if there's a will. Anyone remember Blind Mankinds "3 Angels". very cool VP table that's free. Probably the closest thing to an Exorcist pinball we'll ever have.

#23 9 months ago
    Quoted from doublestack:

That movie is so damn good.

Still rated as the scariest movie ever on most any poll.

Watched it on TV a number of years ago and it's just not the same as watching it in the theaters.

#24 9 months ago

Ball Save: "The power of Christ ball saves you!"

Tilt: "Your mother tilts games in hell!"

#25 9 months ago

And I could name Tubular Bells in 2 notes.

Still gives me chills.

#26 9 months ago

Exorcist scared the crap out of me and Im not even Christian nor Catholic.

#27 9 months ago

Just out this week in 4K

6d65e32e-f3b6-499e-8100-eeba4b795770.jpg6d65e32e-f3b6-499e-8100-eeba4b795770.jpg
    #29 9 months ago

How many more reasons do you need to be convinced. For all (very few I’m sure) of you non believers, pin comes either previously blessed or with it’s own bottle of holy water!!

#30 9 months ago

devil-evil-advocate-pachino-church-satan (resized).pngdevil-evil-advocate-pachino-church-satan (resized).png

#31 8 months ago

Other collectors frequently ask me what my dream theme is and I always respond the same way: uh, do I HAVE a dream theme?

I mean, I will play and like any pin with any theme if it's executed well and is fun. Still, if I were pressed, The Exorcist is actually the only film/novel/phenomenon that I know/like well enough to fairly call a "dream" theme. I saw this movie as a preteen on TV and - like so many of you - it freaked me the fork out. I ended up reading the book as a young man and was surprised by how well written it is. It's, like, a legit novel, with great characters, plotting, settings, themes, etc. It's just high-quality for sure.

I have to say though that an The Exorcist pinball, while fun to imagine, makes no sense. This movie/novel is OLD! The Godfather, released (I think) in '72, has already demonstrated that quality old movies make terrible themes for pinballs if you hope to sell your machine. I s'pose you could get the license without too much fuss, or could you? Take a look at the box office for the new film in the franchise and I bet you will see VERY low numbers. People who like horror are still hung up on slasher or sadist or zombie movies. I would even say The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is too old to be a pinball theme. Watch out, Spooky!

#32 8 months ago

If the Delivery Service has to come up stairs..forget it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-exorcistmaybe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.