View topic image gallery

alice_smoke.gif
Vincent,_Ted,_Tyler,_Pastore.jpg
rollingStones_2373378b.jpg
distraction2.jpg
Distraction.jpg
jacksonoz.gif
mr-t-is-a-doctorlawyer-your-argument-i.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#102 11 years ago
Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Full disclosure: I have not seen Wizard of Oz in person, much less played it. I have never met Jersey Jack nor had any kind of business dealings with him. I have not purchased Wizard of Oz or put any money down on The Hobbit. I have no desire to see Jersey Jack Pinball fail with their machines and am quite agreeable with any success they have.
Now, on to the meat and potatoes...
For the longest time now on forum discussions pertaining to Jersey Jack and the Wizard of Oz, I keep seeing proclamations like these:
-- Jack is a true visionary and is moving pinball into the future
-- WOZ will usher in the next generation of pinball
-- Jersey Jack Pinball is moving the industry forward while everyone else isn't
-- WOZ will be the greatest pinball machine of all-time
-- WOZ will single-handedly save pinball and bring people back to the game
Not to be incendiary or anything, but please explain to me how these things are true? Seems all I ever read are these same types of statements, but not much elaboration about why they're being made.
As I've pointed out, I've never played WOZ, but have seen a bunch of pictures and videos like everyone else. All I've come away with, is that it's a fairly attractive machine, with an LCD display in the backbox, lots of color-changing LEDS, and apparently an almost mythical cabinet build quality wrapped around gameplay that doesn't seem too far removed from just about any other pin on the market. (After all, we are just fighting gravity with some flippers and batting a ball bearing up a playfield -- hitting targets, ramps and whatnot.)
In short, when it comes to WOZ, I'm just not seeing the mammoth evolution in pinball that so many others are. What am I missing?

I don't think anyone stated that WOZ would be an evolution of pinball, not even JJP.
They are just trying to make a game. Let them make the game. Then everyone can criticize it but until it is finished there is no point.

#168 11 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I actually think those who overly praise JJP are doing more harm then those who are bashing. I think what Jack has done is remarkable, but have you ever gotten sick and tired of hearing someone go on and on and on and on about something, even if what they say is true? There are a couple guys on the JJP forum who might as well have Jack's d**k in their mouth when they post. It gets so tiring. I don't want to hear anyone say any more about WOZ, including Jack. I just want my f'ing game!!
And if I hear one more person refer to this whole process as a "journey", I swear they're getting kicked in the nuts. Maybe I'll lock them in a room and make them listen to the WOZ music play over and over again.

You basically said what of us WOZ owners want to say but couldn't. Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomgwi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-evangelisation-of-jersey-jack-and-wizard-of-oz?tu=tomgwi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.