Topic Stats

• 172 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

alice_smoke.gif
Vincent,_Ted,_Tyler,_Pastore.jpg
rollingStones_2373378b.jpg
distraction2.jpg
Distraction.jpg
jacksonoz.gif
mr-t-is-a-doctorlawyer-your-argument-i.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Data East

AC/DC

Marsaplay

Marsaplay

Pin2k had internet bookkeeping
=
What's old is new again.

AC/DC's use of the rgb's is rudimentary. Barely even controlled with any more granularity than at a string level. So much more can be done with them.

Any Pin2k's OS stack didn't support tcp. It had just 3 optional nic's none of which would even work in todays world (or even 5 years ago for that matter).

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

AC/DC's use of the rgb's is rudimentary. Barely even controlled with any more granularity than at a string level. So much more can be done with them.

I would concur. Good observation!

#153 6 years ago

Michael Jordan once met me , man was he stoked .

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from Stuartm:

Is duesenberg actually a place...not just a car or a guitar? And if not, how would this effect the festivities?

Sir, today is not the day to start making sense.

#155 6 years ago

vid1900 said:

Data East
AC/DC
Marsaplay
Marsaplay
Pin2k had internet bookkeeping = What's old is new again.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

HOOYAH! (this means hell yeah)

Plus, the AC/DC's notion of using of these rgb's may well have been "inspired" by WOZ lighting already in progress by then, and Stern just "beat" JJP to the market with a much simplified and cost-effective version?

#156 6 years ago

Wow, I'm surprised this thread has not been taken out back and shot by a mod yet. I agree with Rob, someone put it out of it's misery.

#157 6 years ago

More and more threads like this everyday on pinside. It's really too bad. This used to be a very positive atmosphere.

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Wow, I'm surprised this thread has not been taken out back and shot by a mod yet. I agree with Rob, someone put it out of it's misery.

It keeps them entertained as well. I could end it here.... but I love green boxes with replies on my activity feed.

Quoted from gambit3113:

Sir, today is not the day to start making sense.

THIS is one of my top 3 replies for this thread....imho

Quoted from trilogybeer:

Michael Jordan once met me , man was he stoked .

He asked you for blackjack money didn't he? That gambling maniac!

Back on Topic...

Went to Iplay Friday, No WOZ, No updated code play for me yet. Was he somewhere this week? I haven't played the newest update.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

It keeps them entertained as well. I could end it here.... but I love green boxes with replies on my activity feed.

THIS is one of my top 3 replies for this thread....imho

He asked you for blackjack money didn't he? That gambling maniac!
Back on Topic...
Went to Iplay Friday, No WOZ, No updated code play for me yet. Was he somewhere this week? I haven't played the newest update.

I don't think anyone has played the newest update yet but someone on JJP's WOZ forum posted the following links and said "if you're interested, here's a bunch of new WOZ-related YouTube videos to enjoy this weekend!"

Why not share here:

WOZ Overview & Gameplay @ UK Pinball League

Playing WOZ @ AMOA

Arcade Hunters @ Amusement Expo 2013

WOZ Gameplay @ London Pinball

Standard WOZ Gameplay @ JJP Factory

More WOZ Gameplay @ Unknown

Full JJP Presentation @ TPF 2013 (86 minutes)

#160 6 years ago

This is actually the most enjoyable thread I've read on Pinside in weeks! Can't we all just joke around a little please?

I actually bought that Hawaiian Greg Brady tiki along with the Johnny Bravo suit (fits like a charm) and the anniversary silver platter at an auction in LA back in 1981. I got outbid on Bobby's hall monitor armband, Jan's glasses and one of Alice's three "on camera" aprons. But I did get a BJ from Florence Henderson out in the parking lot. Her car, not mine.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

Although I have of course seen those statements in some form or other on Pinside and other sites, I honestly believe the vast majority of us that are in on WOZ are just hoping for a great pinball machine to play. Its just that the vocal minority that either overly praise JJP or bash JJP get all the attention.

I actually think those who overly praise JJP are doing more harm then those who are bashing. I think what Jack has done is remarkable, but have you ever gotten sick and tired of hearing someone go on and on and on and on about something, even if what they say is true? There are a couple guys on the JJP forum who might as well have Jack's d**k in their mouth when they post. It gets so tiring. I don't want to hear anyone say any more about WOZ, including Jack. I just want my f'ing game!!

And if I hear one more person refer to this whole process as a "journey", I swear they're getting kicked in the nuts. Maybe I'll lock them in a room and make them listen to the WOZ music play over and over again.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

This is actually the most enjoyable thread I've read on Pinside in weeks! Can't we all just joke around a little please? Her car, not mine.

Me too, but I've been away for a few. Did you ever dump your Future Spa?

Quoted from pins4fun:

I don't think anyone has played the newest update yet but someone on JJP's WOZ forum posted the following links and said "if you're interested, here's a bunch of new WOZ-related YouTube videos to enjoy this weekend!"
Why not share here:

Awesome Thanks!

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yeah, really. The legendary "box" thread got closed and yet this one continues. Consistency is lacking...

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Because you can create 10s of thousands of colors doesn't mean you should. The way Lyman programmed those is perfect to point out shots on ACDC. Those lamp changes make it more accessible to newbs. Truffle oil is great but if you pour it all over a dish you can ruin it.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Any Pin2k's OS stack didn't support tcp. It had just 3 optional nic's none of which would even work in todays world (or even 5 years ago for that matter).

It did have a TCP stack and you could run coms over the internet. As I recall the issue was that TTL was set to 1 sec (lan speeds.) That just needed to be hacked through a router setting. Before nucore a guy ran an internet based tourney server that was pretty popular. Our last nucore release included a new TCP handler that made network coms much easier. Plus we added a jukebox and a breakout game that I wrote in my spare, spare, time. =)

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

And if I hear one more person refer to this whole process as a "journey",

But this journey has been a great trip.

Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Maybe I'll lock them in a room and make them listen to the WOZ music play over and over again.

While I wasn't locked in so to speak, I was in a room and listened to this for an hour every day during a school year.

LTG : )

#166 6 years ago

The tcp stack was an ndis wrapper with a small mtu < 1000. It was pretty much unusable in burst or anything past 6 or 7 mbs. Can't speak to nucore but it was running Linux.

It's just my opinion but the rgb use in acdc is meager. Not everything needs to be a tremendous lightshow but they are hardly doing anything at all.

Changing a string color to highlight a path is no different than flashing an insert arrow. Nothing to write home about.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

The tcp stack was an ndis wrapper with a small mtu < 1000. It was pretty much unusable in burst or anything past 6 or 7 mbs. Can't speak to nucore but it was running Linux.

Point is, with a router hack it was quite usable over the internet.

Here's an article on it under the nucore stuff - http://www.pinballnews.com/news/p2kupdate.html

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I actually think those who overly praise JJP are doing more harm then those who are bashing. I think what Jack has done is remarkable, but have you ever gotten sick and tired of hearing someone go on and on and on and on about something, even if what they say is true? There are a couple guys on the JJP forum who might as well have Jack's d**k in their mouth when they post. It gets so tiring. I don't want to hear anyone say any more about WOZ, including Jack. I just want my f'ing game!!
And if I hear one more person refer to this whole process as a "journey", I swear they're getting kicked in the nuts. Maybe I'll lock them in a room and make them listen to the WOZ music play over and over again.

You basically said what of us WOZ owners want to say but couldn't. Thank you.

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Holy sh*t, someone please put this thread out of its misery!

Rob, you, me, and Tiger... let's go form a baaaand, man!

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Truffle oil is great but if you pour it all over a dish you can ruin it.

One man's ruination is another's delicacy. Stern seem to have proven that proverb true.

I actually think those who overly praise JJP are doing more harm then those who are bashing. I think what Jack has done is remarkable, but have you ever gotten sick and tired of hearing someone go on and on and on and on about something, even if what they say is true? There are a couple guys on the JJP forum who might as well have Jack's d**k in their mouth when they post. It gets so tiring.

Yea, that forum has really gotten weird. I expect any day now for someone to announce in there that they named their kid "JJP WOZ".

#171 6 years ago

It's pretty funny, now, that Brian Kelly was name dropped in that long post by Jack yesterday.

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I have a picture of myself sitting in the Royal Chair inside the mountain of Antakya.

Pix or it didn't happen...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Richmond, TX
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside