Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EE5C4E59-118A-4775-B385-47917EF2C39D (resized).jpeg
A10 (resized).jpg
0E089508-002A-41B9-99D8-1195CC25AFF9 (resized).jpeg
izImG8E.gif
why (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I genuinely don't care for Mehtallica pinball. I have never understood why people like it aside from theme. It really offers so little. JAFL, Ok art, code based 100% on making it to crank it up which is wood choppingly boring to work towards, and the most drawn out main multiball start with that stupid sparky. "Ag ga ga. Agaba a agaggagaga a agagaggagagaga" crap gets old after the very first time.
stern has some GREAT games, mehtalica is not one of them and honestly everything about GOTG is an improvement if you like that layout.

I don't trust the opinion of anyone that dislikes acdc, tron and met like you do. Add in that you constantly pump crap games and you seem like you might be off your meds or might possibly need to start some. I get that everyone has different tastes, but some of the stuff you say is ridiculous.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I guess I'll join the flame train. I've never preferred Metallica for most of the same reasons. I also do not prefer ACDC, but I do enjoy playing Tron. Stern rarely hits it out of the park for me. My "love to play" list is pretty short: IMDN, IM, ST, LOTR & TSPP. That being said, I chose the word "prefer" carefully. I can still have some fun playing almost any pinball machine.

I get that and you have a right to that opinion. Whysnow however believes met, acdc, and tron are 3 or the worst games ever made which is pure insanity.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I can see why people don't like MET or AC/DC. I own a MET, and to progress it is a damn grind. Fun game, good flow, great dots and neat theater.... but the game is made for and by competitive players.
Lots of people who have bought AC/DC sold it because the rules were just too complicated to be fun.

It's weird to me when people say acdc is complicated. It's more straight forward them most recent games. I get why some people will not love them. I cant understand anyone that thinks they are terrible games though.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I have 33 games. I wouldn't take any of them out to put an AC/DC in. And I like AC/DC the band. I just don't think AC/DC is a good pinball game for me.

Completely understand. I hate GB but I can see why others love it, it's just not for me. It's just strange to me when you have one person that believes 3 of sterns best games are not just not worth having or not their flavor but are literally 3 of the worst games ever produced. There are a lot of truly bad games out there but MET, ACDC, tron, etc are not one of them. Even a game that I personally hate like GB is not one of them.

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

So now the real speculation can begin. With the run coming to an end which version will be the real collectible/highest ranked one......The LE has a known number and some like the art and others like me can’t stand it..just doesn’t tie into the playfield well for me. Monsters art ties in the best. Road case is probably the lowest number produced. But then you have the whole Metal vs wood backbox debate. Will be interesting to see where value of old pins are 10 years from now compared to what they will be making in the future.

Road case with monsters translite will be were it's at. Best looking combo and also the rarest.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 149.00
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgentry.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-end-of-one-of-stern-s-best-pins?tu=jgentry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.