Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EE5C4E59-118A-4775-B385-47917EF2C39D (resized).jpeg
A10 (resized).jpg
0E089508-002A-41B9-99D8-1195CC25AFF9 (resized).jpeg
izImG8E.gif
why (resized).jpg
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 5 years ago

Looks like its the final run of one of stern"s best ever imo.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156873784434244&id=136972659243

#2 5 years ago

Great game. Is it really the end? If there is demand they will just “vault edition” it

#3 5 years ago

But they ended LOTR production years ago?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Great game. Is it really the end? If there is demand they will just “vault edition” it

Ride the lightning coming in 2020

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

If there is demand they will just “vault edition” it

Yep - MET VE will come. After TRON VE though of course.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Been in production a long time.. doubt they bring it back as there are a ton out there.

#7 5 years ago

It will be back as a Vault edition some day. It will probably also be back in the form of PRIMUS...pure speculation on my part.

#8 5 years ago

Great five year run for stern. Amazing really in this day and age.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Great five year run for stern. Amazing really in this day and age.

Agreed... has to be one of the most produced for them....

#10 5 years ago

I swear the MET thread here gets more traffic and posts than any other. Like 30+ a day,...even after 5 freakin years! I have to catch up every two days or I'll be reading like 100 posts.
Hails to the one of the greatest!

#11 5 years ago

Meh

Was lack luster when it came out and still is. If you like the layout, it was refined on gotg to be much better.

Good riddance, hope not too many fall for this narketing attempt to sell the leftovers

#12 5 years ago

I just put my MET out on location. People line up to play it. Def one of Stern's best.

#13 5 years ago

Hilton don't be mad just cause nobody will sign your stupid fuckin waiver.
I got somethin you can waive at bub.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hilton don't be mad just cause nobody will sign your stupid fuckin waiver.
I got somethin you can waive at bub.

Waiver? That one flew over me

#15 5 years ago

FLY LAWSUIT FLY

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Meh
Was lack luster when it came out and still is. If you like the layout, it was refined on gotg to be much better.
Good riddance, hope not too many fall for this narketing attempt to sell the leftovers

why (resized).jpgwhy (resized).jpg
#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Meh

You must be pretty hard to please if you dont like MET.

#18 5 years ago

Next time I see you you're gonna have to sign a waiver saying that you won't mindlessly stare at my junk for hours on end like the last two times or I'M SUING YOU.
izImG8E.gifizImG8E.gif

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Meh

Hilton you never cease to amaze me. Met simply is a fantastic pin top to bottom.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hilton you never cease to amaze me. Met simply is a fantastic pin top to bottom.

He’s a Stern hater for some reason. He loves Spooky though!

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Meh

It’s a real shame you’re not one of the ARMY of fans that this game has.

#22 5 years ago

He's actually a good dude. He just likes instigating shit. And that's the only reason I like him.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

He's actually a good dude. He just likes instigating shit. And that's the only reason I like him.

Hes from Wisconsin so you gotta look over him. I have friends from Wisconsin and they are the same way. I guess when all there is to do is look at the snow and drink beer that it makes you that way.

#24 5 years ago

I genuinely don't care for Mehtallica pinball. I have never understood why people like it aside from theme. It really offers so little. JAFL, Ok art, code based 100% on making it to crank it up which is wood choppingly boring to work towards, and the most drawn out main multiball start with that stupid sparky. "Ag ga ga. Agaba a agaggagaga a agagaggagagaga" crap gets old after the very first time.

stern has some GREAT games, mehtalica is not one of them and honestly everything about GOTG is an improvement if you like that layout.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

You like the back rubs to dude...

#27 5 years ago

Also the pro has to be one the most loaded and well done ..... especially when it use to be 4200-4500 for years.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I genuinely don't care for Mehtallica pinball. I have never understood why people like it aside from theme. It really offers so little. JAFL, Ok art, code based 100% on making it to crank it up which is wood choppingly boring to work towards, and the most drawn out main multiball start with that stupid sparky. "Ag ga ga. Agaba a agaggagaga a agagaggagagaga" crap gets old after the very first time.
stern has some GREAT games, mehtalica is not one of them and honestly everything about GOTG is an improvement if you like that layout.

I don't trust the opinion of anyone that dislikes acdc, tron and met like you do. Add in that you constantly pump crap games and you seem like you might be off your meds or might possibly need to start some. I get that everyone has different tastes, but some of the stuff you say is ridiculous.

#29 5 years ago

No game can please everyone. Says a lot when MET has been in production so long when so many other games came and gone. I don't even care for the band and love my pro. It just plays great and I love the rules. Much more going on than just smashing targets.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I don't trust the opinion of anyone that dislikes acdc, tron and met like you do. Add in that you constantly pump crap games and you seem like you might be off your meds or might possibly need to start some. I get that everyone has different tastes, but some of the stuff you say is ridiculous.

Amen brother!

#31 5 years ago

Ah, they'll probably do another run for that 50 year reunion tour... or did that already happen?

#32 5 years ago

Does anybody know the final number of production?

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

FLY LAWSUIT FLY

FLY FAMOUS MOCKINGBIRD FLY. ftfy.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Been in production a long time.. doubt they bring it back as there are a ton out there.

Seems logical....

0E089508-002A-41B9-99D8-1195CC25AFF9 (resized).jpeg0E089508-002A-41B9-99D8-1195CC25AFF9 (resized).jpeg

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Seems logical....
[quoted image]

Obviously if there is demand they will most likely bring it back.. after 5+ years and probably between 4-6k pins produced between all models, i believe demand has been made which is why its ending after a great run.

#36 5 years ago

Guesses on production numbers between all 3 models???

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

"Ag ga ga. Agaba a agaggagaga a agagaggagagaga" crap gets old after the very first time.

On one hand I agree, in the other is the beer I like to enjoy while it's happening.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Meh

[Removed by moderator]. Do you even read what you write before you hit send.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Guesses on production numbers between all 3 models???

2000-2200 pros
1500 combined le and prem would be my guess

#40 5 years ago

Gimme fuel gimme fire gimme

Quoted from Whysnow:

Agaba a agaggagaga a agagaggagagaga"

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wow, so much wrong with this. I’ve had Metallica for 5 years, just sold GOTG after 6 months to a friend. Here’s why MET Pro is better (to me):

Metal ramps vs. plastic
Inline drops and a magnet, vs. Rocket kicker that sends the ball SDTM
KILLER art vs. a bit too much color for my taste
Left side “dead end” shot is easier to make, can be comboed with right ramp
F-U-E-L vs mystery qualifier
Music vs. endlessly repetitive movie scenes
Awesome band member callouts
SAM vs Spike (ready to play in about 10 seconds)
Sparky magnet adds more wildness to the ball than Groot’s chin

Now, I will admit that the Groot multiball is really cool. And I’m gonna miss earning those hardons. But I decided that between Aerosmith, GOTLE and GOTG, I’d miss Guardians the least. And MET is nowhere near my top ten list of games I’d consider selling. It’s a modern classic, Borg and Lyman’s best work. And if you’re not trying for Seek and Destroy, you’re missing out on a great mini-wizard mode.

#42 5 years ago

Yeah I agree, Guardians doesn’t hold a candle to MET. Not even close.

#43 5 years ago

What you write:

Quoted from Whysnow:

Meh

What I see when I read your posts:

Quoted from Whysnow:

Blah, blah blah.....full of sh*t....blah, blah, blah.

#44 5 years ago

Whysnow... what a (expletive removed by Mod)head.

#45 5 years ago

Well Crap!!! I just ordered my #metallica-le (PREMIUM) with a born date of Aug 22, 2018... That means I just missed this window for the Free autographs... Would have been a cool item to put on the wall.

Oh well STERN! I'll just play the crap out of this game when I get it next week

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Mikedenton49:

Whysnow... what a ****.

Lol. Pretty much sums it up.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I guess I'll join the flame train. I've never preferred Metallica for most of the same reasons. I also do not prefer ACDC, but I do enjoy playing Tron. Stern rarely hits it out of the park for me. My "love to play" list is pretty short: IMDN, IM, ST, LOTR & TSPP. That being said, I chose the word "prefer" carefully. I can still have some fun playing almost any pinball machine.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Wow, so much wrong with this. I’ve had Metallica for 5 years, just sold GOTG after 6 months to a friend. Here’s why MET Pro is better (to me):
Metal ramps vs. plastic
Inline drops and a magnet, vs. Rocket kicker that sends the ball SDTM
KILLER art vs. a bit too much color for my taste
Left side “dead end” shot is easier to make, can be comboed with right ramp
F-U-E-L vs mystery qualifier
Music vs. endlessly repetitive movie scenes
Awesome band member callouts
SAM vs Spike (ready to play in about 10 seconds)
Sparky magnet adds more wildness to the ball than Groot’s chin
Now, I will admit that the Groot multiball is really cool. And I’m gonna miss earning those hardons. But I decided that between Aerosmith, GOTLE and GOTG, I’d miss Guardians the least. And MET is nowhere near my top ten list of games I’d consider selling. It’s a modern classic, Borg and Lyman’s best work. And if you’re not trying for Seek and Destroy, you’re missing out on a great mini-wizard mode.

Metallica Prem is WAY WAY better than GotG could ever dream of being, and Metallica likely has another update left on top of a near-perfect code base already, whereas GotG is just a pretty generic, poorly integrated Stern experience. I doubt it will ever be a great game.

#49 5 years ago

It's probably the best modern Stern....maybe a tie with Tron.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

It's probably the best modern Stern....maybe a tie with Tron.

I just don't get the Tron love. Tried to love it a number of times. Can't.

I would say Met and TWD are tied for best modern Stern (though Maiden will probably end up there too), but Met has a much larger run because the Zombie theme of TWD isn't as accessible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 149.00
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 107 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-end-of-one-of-stern-s-best-pins?hl=clg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.