IMG_2395 (resized).JPG
IMG_2394 (resized).JPG
aztec1 (resized).jpg
gtbparadise.jpeg
20240325_122857.jpg
20240325_105918 (resized).jpg
IMG_0448 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

8 months later
#2135 8 years ago

NEED:

- Complete USED late 60's Gottlieb 10 point bell assembly x2 (for Domino and Airport)
- Williams Strato-Flite/Super-Flite pop bumper cap, only NEED one but multiple would be accepted for spares too

strato_flite_2_(resized).jpgstrato_flite_2_(resized).jpg
YTas7jZ_(resized).jpgYTas7jZ_(resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#2242 8 years ago

I need an 100 point Gottlieb bell assembly: coil, bell, mounting, the whole 9 yards. Apparently all the same around a certain time period but the closer the better. 1968 would be right on the money.

#2248 8 years ago

Looking for original, I'm picky. Thanks though!

2 months later
#2399 7 years ago

I was just skimming and saw you listed the picture of the sound board here and knew you wanted to revert it to chimes from the other thread and before I even saw you were giving it away I was gonna ask if I could have it. Funny how that worked out. PM sent!

Should make a neat museum piece, going to wire it up to it's own buttons and speaker in an enclosure.

#2401 7 years ago

Need a Gottlieb motor switch blade with the shorter sized white spacer attached to it. The one next to it is the long one, which I don't need.

The one in the picture is a switch that's fine and just used as an example.

Honestly I could use several of these for backups (Gottlieb motor switch blades with long and short spacers) so whatever you have would be great. One junk score motor should have more than enough and I don't even need that many.

Must be Gottlieb. Switches from other manufacturers will not fit. Thanks!

Repaired one of these missing at Pinfest with guidance from Vic on my machine and now a few months later when I go to adjust the switch next to it, that one is missing. Must have been adjusted perfectly to work without it and neither of us noticed or it fell off when I went to adjust it just now and I didn't notice because this stack was working before. Strange, but at least not too bad of a fix for crafty hands!

13592443_10206595677879164_6035422073156299781_n_(resized).jpg13592443_10206595677879164_6035422073156299781_n_(resized).jpg

#2403 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

You can get the spacers from PBR and reinstall to your existing switch. Much easier than pulling a switch blade from a stack.

Everybody at the show was pretty set on them being non-replaceable, interesting. Sure seems like a lot of trouble for a little spacer though, I always found the stack thing to be pretty easy as long as you take pictures just in-case. Thanks, I'll keep it in mind!

#2408 7 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Yea I bought 4 of each size just to have on hand. can be a little tricky to replace. I usually superglue just to get them inplace then heat up a spare finger with my soldering gun and then press the hot finger to the sticking out nib to flatten...
If you do want a set of switches from a score motor I have a baggie with a set, shipping plus $5 , did just steal the brake from the set..

Might take you up on that, going to check my stash one more time first though. Thanks!

#2409 7 years ago

Need one of these for a multiplayer Williams game. Can include the decal or not, I don't care.

s-l1600_(29)_(resized).jpgs-l1600_(29)_(resized).jpg

Also need one or two of these (they're all the same, 4 in one 4 player game) if anybody has any. 100,000 point light latch relay for a Williams game.

Screenshot_2116_(resized).pngScreenshot_2116_(resized).png
Screenshot_2118_(resized).pngScreenshot_2118_(resized).png
Screenshot_2119_(resized).pngScreenshot_2119_(resized).png

1 week later
#2423 7 years ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

Here are several parts that I believe were requested in this thread. 2 player wooden Gottlieb lockdown bar and mid 70s Williams backbox parts.
Mike V.

Hey Mike, currently working with another Pinsider to see what he has. If he doesn't have the relay, I'll be sending a PM your way. Thanks so much!

#2436 7 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I've got a Crosstown in disrepair. The PF is really nice and fully populated. The BG is shot and the cabinet is weathered. I'd sell the complete playfield if anyone is interested, but I'm not letting UPS get more than me.

It'd be cool to have the bottom board, head insides, and playfield, but I think at that point any value is probably gone to shipping prices.

#2438 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Where are you located. Maybe someone more inclined would be able to salvage it.
I'm interested if you are close enough to me.

Business says Billings, MT

1 month later
#2516 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

That looks like the thing! PM-ing now!

Keep in mind if you swap the whole thing in you won't need to order/swap the coil as it already has the coil it was built for latched onto it it's whole life. (that particular assembly) They both take the same input voltage (of course) so there is no need. I probably shouldn't have to point that out, but just in-case.

Looks like a standard 1973-1977 Williams reel to me as well.

#2520 7 years ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

You may get away with it, but they are not equivalent. The Williams part numbering scheme for coils is: wire gauge - turns. So in the case of the original part, the coil has 1600 turns of 29 gauge wire. In the case of the proposed replacement, you would be putting in a coil with 800 turns of 26 gauge wire. The original has twice as many turns and I would expect higher resistance and less pull. If you happen to pop a fuse with the replacement, I would look to replace this part.

Very true, however I was saying reel-wise. I figured the fuse values would be about the same from where it came from, but maybe not. Good point.

I just meant don't automatically feel the need to replace the coil in fear of it breaking anything... because it's been turning that exact same reel it's whole life (just in a different machine)! Just figured it would be easy to overlook and confuse.

2 weeks later
#2585 7 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Yes I do. I'll be in York next week Pinup will be set up for free play my contact # will be on game . Or I'll just pm you

Time for wedgehead row again?

I'll be bringing a few before I finally slow down on shows for the year. Going out with a bang. And a back-ache.

#2586 7 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

I have extras, let me know what you need

Unlike him, I DO need the large one that goes behind the drop targets. I'm guessing you don't have an uncracked one of those left?

Anybody?

#2604 7 years ago

Anybody know if a Gottlieb score motor and cams fits any game? I'm only concerned about the mounting. I know there's extra screw holes in each one so it seems like the switch stacks are interchangable but just want to make sure before I buy one. (I know you need to switch over the switch stacks)

If anybody has one (must have the cams! and switches would be great too, for spares) has less than the $43 shipped eBay price let me know. Seems a bit high of a price for a part that rarely ever fails or is needed to be replaced, like, almost ever. But in my situation I feel it is necessary.

Looking for one era-similar, so no woodrail stuff/older stuff please, even if it is a possible direct fit. I tend to be picky about what I do to my games and I would feel weird about putting a motor that much older into a game much younger even though they appear similar, and to be specific (and sounding only marginally less nuts), there are a few visual differences that I would like to be correct for the time period, especially since there are probably a bunch of candidates out there with no reason for any price difference, might as well be and get it correct!

I think there's actually a build date on each one but you can't tell without taking the cams off so don't worry about it obviously.

It seems there is another way to tell (mounting in center of plate is different, also has a large hole in the plate that the older ones do not have):

The one I need:
s-l16005 (resized).jpgs-l16005 (resized).jpg

Too old:
s-l1600 (47) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (47) (resized).jpg

Thanks!

#2607 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

What game is it for?
The cam wheels might be different. They are common between different games but not all can be used on all games. The parts manual will tell you which games you want to pursue one from.
Motors are mostly era specific. Wood rails have their era. I believe there is a point in the 60's where they changed over to basically the motor they used until the end of the EM era.

1974 Gottlieb Out Of Sight (4P version is Gottlieb's "Far Out")

I think Ken might have one for me. I'll let everybody know how that goes and update if need be.

Thanks! Also, cool to hear they have their own eras. Gives me another reason besides just sounding like a lunatic, lol.

#2608 7 years ago

Ken (pinhead52 here on Pinside) sold me one that will work at a price I was looking for. Thanks guys!

Always has what I need!

#2616 7 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Yea, FarOut and I assume OoS has three short pegs...the one I have for Otaku has a tall and 2 short...should be fine.

Yup, 3 small. Should be fine. The "better" peg will be nice to have as well, makes for a spare that will fit even more games if ever needed, then I just have to pull it out of this machine and put the original one back once it's fixed. But, unless that ever arises, the one I pull out of here and eventually clean up will be my spare and the new-old one will remain in Out Of Sight.

Exciting! (Ex-sight-ing???)

Screenshot_3223 (resized).pngScreenshot_3223 (resized).png

1 week later
#2638 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Hi folks... I really need a set of siderails (side rails?) for a 1964-era Bally. And a back door if possible. It's a Grand Tour. My project from hell.
Grand Tour is my oldest, longest, costliest, I-bought-it-before-I-knew-what-I-was-doing project. Was $400 originally, plus $350 shipping which suffered damage and wasn't reimbursed. The backglass was poorly touched-up and sealed-in. There was a fire in the backbox which melted a gear and some wires... easily visible because there was no back door, either.
I should have cut my losses but we all have to start somewhere, eh? Live and learn.
I have since repaired the cab, fully rebuilt the machine (and score motor which was seriously gunked up and taped together), installed all-new lamp sockets (including that bearish Bally backbox... the worst!), clear coat playfield, custom machined metal playfield standoffs, and have procured a second backglass which still needs extensive touchups but at least is restorable. The cab itself needs a repaint... it has the wrong color scheme and lots of scratches. Not to mention rechroming/refinishing the metals and door.
I'm now $1500 in this... and heavens... so much time. So much time. It would be a crime not to complete it now. The existing rails have pitting which is so deep it cannot be sanded/polished out. Hopefully, this is my last "surprise" to discover. :/
Lemme know if you have a donor cab/rails to spare.

I have some sitting in my living room but alas they're for my Star-Jet rebuild. Kudos for bringing it back to life regardless of cost. While researching Star-Jet I have found many early 60's Bally pins with the same low production numbers that weren't as lucky to get such a cult following like Star-Jet and have almost disappeared without a trace besides a small amount of examples left (less than Star-Jet, which is still incredibly incredibly rare), most without any Pinside linkings whatsoever. It made me very sad to see that. Trio is the only Bally game from the era I see a lot of for some reason.

Post some pictures if you can sometime!

#2642 7 years ago
Quoted from paintpins:

I just started a Facebook Page to help me thin out almost 16 years worth of parts accumulation. Mostly vintage EM and woodrail stuff. It's only been up 2 days and already sales are brisk. If you need something you don't see message me I may it just not listed yet. Thanks!
https://www.facebook.com/PreservationPinballParts/?ref=bookmarks

Facebook message sent!

2 weeks later
#2679 7 years ago

Just paid $32.95 shipped for a properly-moving Gottlieb single player ball count unit, just curious, how does that price sound? Curious if I overpaid (it was a lower offer than what it was listed as) or not.

3 weeks later
#2731 7 years ago
Quoted from Phillips88:

Looking for an original instruction card for Centigrade 37, Kings & Queens, Buckaroo, Abra Ca Dabra, Atlantis, and Gridiron. The reprints currently in the machines are starting to bug me. Would also be looking for score cards for these machines too. Let me know what you have. I've been looking at eBay for "lots of score/instruction cards" and haven't found these titles yet.
I love how you find machines missing instruction cards or they are reprints and then you find a machine with 17 extra instruction cards and all the original paperwork

If you head to Pinfest or the York show, I found that Steve @ Mayfair Amusements has this gold mine of original instruction cards that I only just found out about this past York show. It's like $3-$5 a set, AND I found most of what I was looking for, I bought sets for nearly all the games I had missing cards. Talk about the best kept secret ever. It's in a little bin at his booth on the table(s).

#2744 7 years ago
Quoted from cpiel:

Just ask Ryan Clayton - I bet he'd make copies for you.

I was going to suggest this as well previously but not sure if he was wanting scans.

RyanClaytor

1 week later
#2786 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

I have some Canadian quarter mechs if anyone needs one or two

I'm not allowed!

Screenshot_3766 (resized).pngScreenshot_3766 (resized).png

#2788 7 years ago
Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

I need a credit reel for a Williams OXO!

(Note: In his thread he says he needs just the actual reel and has the stepper, easy to confuse and more $$$)

1 month later
#2940 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I've had this Super Soccer on Mr. Pinball Classifieds for about 2 years or better. Remember this pic I posted? I still got some parts left.

How the hell does this happen? Instead of using the ball you rub sandpaper on the playfield to score points?

1 month later
#3088 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Long shot: Anyone have a Williams "Hong Kong" backglass they're interested in selling?

Did you find that game?

2 weeks later
#3156 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Ha ha I wish
I see lots more parts games in Pa & the NE than where I'm at.

Well yes compared to your house I would indeed expect that area to have just a little bit more

1 week later
#3180 7 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

I'm not a purist. So any means necessary will work for me. I'm new to this hobby, so my tech skills are raw to a degree. I can finally solder, not sure what's involved in hard wiring it. This is not for the match feature, the connector that broke turns on 5 balls per game. Right now I have it set to 3 balls, but would like to make it 5 balls.

If you just want to get by, you can put an alligator clip on the end of the wire which originally went to the broken female port and clip it to the male peg. No promises that vibration won't make it fall off but you'll probably be fine. Might be better just to use a alligator clip test lead (clips on both end) so it has more tolerance for vibration and just kind of create a (removable) jumper with it.

If you want to fully replace it, I suggest replacing it with a Gottlieb or Williams style jones plug receptacle. They're better.

3 weeks later
#3232 7 years ago

I need a complete relay (with coil, standard 30 volts based) that has at least two (or three if possible to be safe) normally-open switches on it, the rest don't matter if present. Any manufacturer is fine but Williams would be preferred. This will only be a relay that is used momentarily so a special coil version (for long activations) is not needed.

This is not for me but for a new friend, I am going to help him rebuild and redesign a terrible system in his game as my final touch on the game on the morning of Pinfest just in time for the tournament. Please help out if you can, thanks! Willing to have it shipped, I'd pickup at the show but I think it would have to be really early Friday morning and there's a bit much on the line. So, shipping definitely preferred.

#3245 7 years ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

Does this meet your needs?
This one has three Normally Opened switchs from Williams

Yep! PM sent!

#3266 6 years ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

Does this meet your needs?
This one has three Normally Opened switchs from Williams

Quoted from Otaku:

Yep! PM sent!

Thanks RacingPin I got the package today. This will be going in a new friend's first EM pin as I redesign a terrible circuit for him that is causing problems, alongside of another fix I did earlier, so he can have a reliable EM pin that will play for years.

1 week later
#3292 6 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Looking for a 60s gottlieb metal score reel. Just need the wheel no electronics. For a majorettes must be near perfect. The one I'm replacing is scratched from a bulb.
Scott

Can reprint just the art and stick on, but I would assume that's not up your alley?

#3299 6 years ago

Always looking for ORIGINAL Gottlieb 1967-1975 coin entry plates (with original stickers) in perfect/very nice condition, not interest in rougher or faded ones at all. Looking for nice unfaded examples. NOS (in nice shape) works too, repro does not. Thanks! This is more of a constant ad than a "I need this for one game" type of ad.

2 nickels 1 play (Brown)
10c 1 play (Red)
25c 2 plays (Blue)
25c 3 plays (Blue)

Not as interested in but may still consider for cheap:
25c 1 play (Blue)
Special rarer 25c entry sticker (Red background, black text)
Black on white stickers

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3302 6 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Is it the same style as a domino, jungle queen or cross town? If so, I might have it.

Domino and Cross Town, Cross Town uses the older top upper bar but as they're two pieces it doesn't/shouldn't matter (fun fact)

Jungle Queen uses the new style door

Good luck!

4 months later
#3632 6 years ago

Looking for two A-22-550 or G-22-550 coils. They're basically the standard Williams pop bumper coils from the 60's/70's.

Should be pretty prevalent in various junk collections.

Yeah, there's some on eBay, but I figured I'd try my hand in buying them from the same person first, and for a little cheaper - so yes, used is fine.

7 months later
#4202 5 years ago

I guess I'll throw one post out before I wire it myself, need a Gottlieb King Pin bottom board. Missing some parts would be fine if necessary.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Baldwinsville, NY
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 24.98
$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread?tu=otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.