IMG_2395 (resized).JPG
IMG_2394 (resized).JPG
aztec1 (resized).jpg
gtbparadise.jpeg
20240325_122857.jpg
20240325_105918 (resized).jpg
IMG_0448 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newmantjn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#189 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Looking for enough wax lacing to do one jones plug that doesn't have any on it. Can't find for sale and would like original if anyone has any?

Yep, PM me your address and tell me how many feet you need.

It'll be more than a week before I can send it out though, as I'm out of town at the moment. Poke me again if I forget.

7 months later
#719 9 years ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

This is a pre 1963 williams 4 prong connector. I need one male version of this. I was surprised that I have not come a cross one in the past year. If anyone has one that I could have I would appreciate.

Steve J.

Can you cut a longer one off? I'll look around in my mouse nest and see.

#721 9 years ago

Yes? No?

If you want it, PM me your address.

DSCF2841[1].JPGDSCF2841[1].JPG

1 week later
#749 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Need a Williams score motor for my 1960 Serenade. Part # 14A-6738A

I might have one. Lemme check, and poke me in a few days if you don't hear back.

#750 9 years ago

Alex:

Also, what voltage does that run at, so I can test it?

#753 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I have a friend that is going to help me rebuild the current one so hopefully I won't need it.

Best to save old parts if possible. Mine says 6738C 17 RPM. I think I pulled it out of a Williams Crossword. c. 1959

3 months later
#1105 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Looking for Gottlieb shooter rod assy, one for SlickChick and one for Aloha - these *don't have to be nice or even "work"* they just have to look good (plunger handle, front plate), need them for coffee-table playfield projects.

Wait, you're turning a Slick Chick into a coffee table?

1 week later
#1140 8 years ago
Quoted from 4Max:

BUT, anyone got an old Shooter Rod for same machine (Williams) - mine looks like it has not had a tip for 20 years and has a lovely fat flat end!

Just grind it. I've probably done 10 of these. First grind off the bad part at an 45 deg angle, then if need be, flatten the end. Finish with a file. Really, you can use a file for the whole thing.

1 week later
#1169 8 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

you mean the short spiral nails? Nope. I have the earlier nails, call eustation pins

Actually, they do:
http://www.pbresource.com/tools.html

Siderail Nails

The nails used to re-attach the siderails on your game.

GTB-FA-701

$0.18ea

#1173 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Those are actually too long for the Ball Rail Guides on the Playfield Todd, those at PBR are for the side rails of the cabinet as I already have a bunch of those. Thanks for checking though.
Ken

Ooops. Yes, brain fart.

#1177 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Could not find the spiral type as they are 1/2" or longer which is too long

Do you have a link for the "too long" nails? I have a lot of shortening tools.

2 weeks later
#1206 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Looking for the metal bracket that fits over-top of where the ball ejects into the trough of the shooter lane................Gottlieb.....

http://www.pbresource.com/ads/adgotrp.jpg

1 week later
#1238 8 years ago
Quoted from Noobee:

I'm in Michigan.

Houghton or Highland Park? It makes a difference. I'm in AA and could maybe hook you up.

#1240 8 years ago

I generally don't bother with coin mechs. But at one time I did the quarter drop thing.

DSCF3564.jpgDSCF3564.jpg

1 year later
#2515 7 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I would appreciate advice on the size/dia screw that locates a GTB A5745 mini post on pf re my GTB World Fair-thks.

My red ones are 6-32.

I have pulled "natural" ones out of a Williams game that are 8-32

The ones you buy from Steve are 6-32.

#2518 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Keep in mind if you swap the whole thing in you won't need to order/swap the coil as it already has the coil it was built for latched onto it it's whole life. (that particular assembly) They both take the same input voltage (of course) so there is no need. I probably shouldn't have to point that out, but just in-case.

You may get away with it, but they are not equivalent. The Williams part numbering scheme for coils is: wire gauge - turns. So in the case of the original part, the coil has 1600 turns of 29 gauge wire. In the case of the proposed replacement, you would be putting in a coil with 800 turns of 26 gauge wire. The original has twice as many turns and I would expect higher resistance and less pull. If you happen to pop a fuse with the replacement, I would look to replace this part.

1 week later
#2554 7 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Thks for the info. PBR indicates 'not offered' as part of a bigger order & seemingly difficult to locate in Aus. May need to import from US hobby shop. It would be nice to get a small screw assortment box.

If your bunnings thing doesn't work out, you could just run one of those hippie metric taps into the hole and fit it with an m3.5 or m4 machine screw. May as well put a phillips head in there as well at that point. Since it's all hacked up and everything....

3 months later
#2902 7 years ago
Quoted from zaphod:

Need two caps and center plastic for a Lucky Hand / Jacks Open

Center plastic is the same. Caps are different. Which game do you have?

#2908 7 years ago
Quoted from zaphod:

Lucky Hand - thanks for pointing that out, was thinking of the plastics when I posted that. Would love to find a cap with the same patina as the other two but may soon call Steve@PBR and see what he has - he does have repro plastics listed for $65.

Lemme look. I might have the caps. Rotsa ruck on the plastic. That is the part that breaks.

4 months later
#3294 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Chime unit on ebay (sssh dont tell anybody)

It will be interesting to see what it goes for. If it goes any higher, I might have to start buying System 1s for the lockdown bar and chime unit.

It does have $30 worth of coils in it though.

2 weeks later
#3355 6 years ago

Longshot - but I am looking for a used Joker for Joker Poker. I have multiples of 10, J, Q etc., but my Joker is broken. Not interested in getting a whole new set for a game that will hopefully be sold in the next few months.

7 months later
#3773 6 years ago
Quoted from 4Max:

So I'm an idiot:raised playfield, forgot ball was in, broke a drop target on my Target Alpha.

I know PBR has new, but I think a new one would look very out of place, unless I buy 15 - ouch.

Here's my broken one, anyone got one (or even 2, so I have a spare) of similar condition?

Lemme know if you are still in need. I have probably 10 of these.

3 months later
#4110 6 years ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

Looking for this 60s era Gottlieb target.

Lemme look when I get home. I think I have a sunburst, but not sure of shape. Actually, It will have the hole in it, so I think you are out of luck.

1 week later
#4148 5 years ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

Looking for this 60s era Gottlieb target. Target face image doesn't matter just need this shaped one

Parting out a Subway

Will this work?

B5E822A7-F719-4761-BE7A-03C92B4ED6C6 (resized).jpegB5E822A7-F719-4761-BE7A-03C92B4ED6C6 (resized).jpeg

E3AE3EC6-B4BA-4A9A-999C-4EB2206E27DC (resized).jpegE3AE3EC6-B4BA-4A9A-999C-4EB2206E27DC (resized).jpeg

#4164 5 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Before I go buy new parts

That's going to get a bit spendy. I don't think you can even buy the chrome/nickel posts anywhere.

#4166 5 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

In need of the motor for the disappearing pop bumper on Gusher.

Do you have a picture of this motor? Could a score motor or something be used?

#4169 5 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Are the posts chromed nickel, or are they aluminum?

I believe they are nickle plated pot metal.

#4170 5 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Here's the motor for Gusher. It's a 50v Williams motor.

Hmmmmm. Is the problem the gearbox or the sort of burnt looking windings? If it is the windings, you might be able to put a whole new armature on it. If it is the gearbox and you're feeling froggy, you could split it and see about getting new gears. $150 seems like a bunch of money for that.

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#motor

I rebuilt a pitch and bat motor at the VFW by grafting the insides from one into the case from another. Those multiproduct motors have a lot of common parts.

#4177 5 years ago
Quoted from izzy:

Might try to find the wire and wind it myself

That

1 week later
#4221 5 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

Apparently these aren’t even available new as my good local hardware shop doesn’t have anything close (even in Phillips) and I can’t find them with the google. They are #6, oval, slot screws, 1-3/4” in length

https://www.boltdepot.com/Product-Details.aspx?product=4003

https://www.boltdepot.com/Product-Details.aspx?product=13969

The major difference between wood and sheet metal is the length of the threads. Sheet metal is fully threaded.

1 week later
#4254 5 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Looking for a power switch for my 1977 Gottlieb Lucky Hand.

Hardware store item. $3.28

#4281 5 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

, couldn’t a Pinsider in America purchase one from Steve, then get reimbursed via PayPal from the European Pinsider,

It may work better with schematics than parts. Shipping parts is a huge time suck and expense. It may actually be easier to sell it for a penny on ebay and let them deal with the shipping.

#4312 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I'm looking for some legs:

- 1 set for my 1968 Gottlieb "Paul Bunyan" (31" metal legs)

- 1 set for my 1940 Genco "Metro" (31" wood legs)

Not sure what you are looking for with respect to the metal leg? Something to sand down and re-paint? I have a LOT of legs that fall into this category.

With respect to the Wooden Legs - do you have even one to replicate? I have a big woodshop and this is something I've been considering for a few years.

Anyway, if you want to go behind enemy lines I can show you what I have. I might even be willing to fly my "house divided" flag for the visit.

95293HD (resized).jpg95293HD (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#4349 5 years ago

If you want it, I can bring it to work tomorrow. I’m in the Dyno lab, across from PDC.

98B26DB6-3B35-4CDA-BAC5-DD17D5FAE41B (resized).jpeg98B26DB6-3B35-4CDA-BAC5-DD17D5FAE41B (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#4404 5 years ago
Quoted from Pmedic871:

needing the plate and correct lock, and Triple Strike needs a lock.Thanks.

PBR has the locks.

8 months later
#5047 4 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

I’m not positive if they were used on some ems or not, but does anyone have any spare yellow drop targets that would work for countdown?
As you can see the targets that came with the game are the wrong color and are cracking pretty bad already.
[quoted image]

Seeing as how the game appears to be a "player", maybe just spend $16 and get 4 from here:

http://www.pbresource.com/pfdroptar.htm#Gottlieb

4 months later
#5437 4 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Looking for the nylon wheel for my Bonus Unit. It is for a Bally Freedom.

ebay.com link: Lot of Four Bally Stepper Units pinball parts pinball machines

maybe here?

7 months later
#6197 4 years ago

Looking for a Joker (only) for a Joker Poker drop target. Bought one a few years ago and it snapped off today. Urrgh.....

#6199 4 years ago
Quoted from hazmat7719:

I just sent you a message.

Thanks. Please let me know if/when you get a chance to look. I clarified my post that I am looking for a drop target, not a plastic.

#6222 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I checked them but It seemed like those weren't small enough. I will double check though thank you.

Maybe go with drill rod and put a hairpin or cotter pin on each side?
https://www.mcmaster.com/drill-rods

7 months later
#7013 3 years ago
Quoted from geschelbeck:

Looking for a Gottlieb backdoor 1973 . Size 26 5/8 * 27 5/8.”

I had one made locally once. A tin knocker bent it up for like $15 or something.

1 week later
#7041 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Damn. I was hoping it wouldn’t come to removing hardware. So be it, but doesn’t make sense for serviceability. Thanks man!!

6 screws. You'll be OK. Label them so they all go back in the same holes.

2 weeks later
#7129 3 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

..is there a place to source flathead wood screws used for the Playfield

https://www.boltdepot.com/Product-Details.aspx?product=2155

nickel plated are hard to find. these zinc with a washer will be close.

1 month later
#7263 3 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

I think PBR can rewind them, but yours may be beyond repair. Broken casting! Yikes. But it looks like you may be able to substitute a Gottlieb or Chicago Coin.

If the cracked case is the issue, just swap that out. Note that the ebay motor has already had the rivets drilled out and is currently held together with screws. This indicates that it has already been repaired at least once.

#7268 3 years ago
Quoted from Lambecka:

Well that one was not recommended, because repaired one , rivets already drilled out

If you are referring to my post, it was an observation, not a recommendation or lack thereof.

I don't think anybody but you can figure out if it is OK or not. It would need to be the same spec, voltage, shaft diameter, frequency, all that, to work. You appear to be foreign (possible voltage and frequency difference) and it is from a different brand, so be careful.

We still don't know what is wrong with it. Are you JUST trying to repair the case or is there more wrong with the unit?

1 month later
#7466 3 years ago
Quoted from nocreditdot:

Looking for a gottlieb chime unit. PM if you have one.

If you get truly desperate. https://www.chimeunit.com/chime-units

8 months later
#8310 2 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

I cannot verify the size but I suspect they’re smaller than 1”, and I see that pbresource offers 1” green.

I would start by verifying the size.

2 months later
#8581 2 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

looking for a gottlieb sea belles 1956 playfield

I've salvaged worse than that. Too bad you are where you are and I am where I am.

#8589 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinbub:

Plastic set is available new

Where? Did the Aussies sell their artwork?

1 month later
#8698 2 years ago
Quoted from Bonk:

I can grab some measurements if needed.

Please do. I have a number of random back doors that may work. ...and you are local.

1 week later
#8726 2 years ago
Quoted from Bonk:

The door I'm looking for is
27 and 3/4 inches wide x 25 and 1/2 inches tall.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. We were out of town for a bit. I have a door that is 27-5/8 x 25. I am almost sure it is from a Gottlieb.

I have had doors custom bent up in the past by HVAC guys for a very nominal price. Often, the material is a little thin, but one thing you can do is line the door with a sheet of plywood. I have bought some games with this modification on factory doors. If you decide to go this route, I could help you cut the plywood if required.

IMG_7835 (resized).jpgIMG_7835 (resized).jpgIMG_7836 (resized).jpgIMG_7836 (resized).jpgIMG_7837 (resized).jpgIMG_7837 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#8795 2 years ago
Quoted from KyleMikolajczyk:

Anyone have a Gottlieb back door for sale? Specifically it is a 70s Gottlieb EM 4-Player game, Jack in the Box. My machine did not come with one!

Where are you located? I can't imagine shipping one. I have had them made by HVAC guys for like $15

1 week later
#8833 1 year ago

Looking for a Target Alpha left upper plastic. I was banging on the playboard and broke it. URRRRGH.

IMG_7974 (resized).jpgIMG_7974 (resized).jpg
#8841 1 year ago

Thank you Mike for hooking me up with the Target Alpha plastic.

1 month later
#8922 1 year ago
Quoted from NYP:

Just listed these Gottlieb legs, found them cleaning up:

Per Steve's chart, Gottlieb never used ribbed legs.

http://www.pbresource.com/legs.html

#8924 1 year ago
Quoted from NYP:

Is that a complete definitive list of all legs?

I can't really say for sure. I know most people refer to it, so it has become sort of the application bible for legs. You seem to have some odd ones there. The 31" non-ribbed are certainly Gottlieb.

27" and 31" is the Gottlieb length, but the ribs are more like this: https://www.pinballlife.com/williams-system-11-chrome-legs-set-of-4.html

2 months later
#9102 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipS:

I'm helping a friend clean his ED and the upper arch is a mess. You can clearly see the difference when looking at the right edge, which was covered by wood.

That actually looks pretty good. Mean Green and a buffing wheel would be what I do. Maybe a soak in evaporust, but I don't even see any corrosion.

Regardless, I am not aware of any repros. I do know that Steve's plastic set has an extra acrylic piece that could be substituted. But I think yours is fine once cleaned up.

4 weeks later
#9166 1 year ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Like everyone else, looks like you are going to have to have the parts made.
Laser cutting and raw metal material...

The other way is to buy the thick fingers and replace both the barrel and the finger. Drill out the old one and put in the newer one with the wider slot. Yes, I have done this. It was a PITA, but less so than having custom parts made.

1 week later
#9224 1 year ago

Looking for a Shay Repro King of Diamonds backglass.

3 weeks later
#9276 1 year ago
Quoted from tfduda:

Bell shells for early Williams machines and early Gottlieb bell assembly wanted.

I think that Grand Slam has the bell you are looking for.

2 weeks later
#9308 1 year ago
Quoted from Jets_1479:

Still looking for a Bally flipper button. Need one. Will buy a pair if required just need it please… 1.5” total length.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-717

3 weeks later
#9389 1 year ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

is there any original art on your game? buy a scanner and scan a side 12 times etc, send the images to pimp and he'll make you stencils for a fee

https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/p/canoscan-lide-300

Is there some reason you linked to this particular scanner? Does it have a flat top or something?

6 months later
#9703 11 months ago
Quoted from gpa_joe:

I am looking for one of these for a 1947 United Utah. It’s a contact wire for a pop bumper. The Utah uses this instead of the typical spoons and plastic skirts.

We converted some of these games go the standard skirts etc. at the VFW. Just another option for you.

8 months later
#10247 79 days ago
Quoted from Bonk:

I found a broken leaf blade in this relay from a 1965 Gottlieb and was wondering if anyone had a spare blade or an entire relay I could buy to grab one from. Thanks!

Did you get this figured out? I have a ton of relays, coils etc. and live roughly Plymouth and Green Road. Stop by and I'll hook you up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Memphis, TN
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newmantjn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread?tu=newmantjn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.