Topic Stats

• 5,624 posts
  • 531 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by vec-tor
  • Topic is favorited by 134 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,689 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Repair sequence (resized).jpg (© © Mark Gibson)
FEEDC344-46DA-4AD5-A585-937A817B782D (resized).jpeg
Final Fit 5079 (resized).jpg
B111669C-F26B-437F-880C-4C09CBE4587F (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
2019-10-22 06.33.29 (resized).jpg
010 (resized).jpg
0 (resized).png
index (resized).jpg
large (resized).jpg
images.jpeg-6 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20191015_215904 (resized).jpg
DSCN6478 (resized).JPG
DSCN6479 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider murphdom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5231 3 months ago

ISO upper arch with webbing for 1960s Gottlieb wedge.

#5236 3 months ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

there was some differences in return and gate placement, best if you name the game. Central Park?

Yup

#5250 3 months ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Knocker Unit found. Thanks pinhead52!
If you find yourself in Tucson, Arizona playing a Capt. Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy and you win an extra game and hear the wonderful sound of the knocker crack, think of and thank pinhead52!

Wish I kept mine after I did the refurb. Found it dead in the rafters of a warehouse along with a fireball

#5252 3 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

Does anyone know where I could possibly get a Bally Deluxe Fun Cruise BG? I have a chance to buy the machine but it has no BG and all else looks to be in fabulous condition? Thx for any help.
I have looked at all the usual places such as K's arcade, flipper.com, mayfairamusements, ebay and have found nothing.
Russ

rwh I don’t know if this is still accurate but try this link. He has one for sale for $500. It might be worth taking both since they are rare. Either that or have someone scan their glass and have BG retro make you one. https://www.vintagevideogames.com/project-pinball-sale

#5255 3 months ago

rwh what is the cost difference going to be in a whole machine for $500 or a specialty BG? A couple hundred? If you have both you can either part one out or have two and sell one after you restore it and recoup your money later. Especially since there was less than 500 made.

#5257 3 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yeah but I'd have to pay shipping costs which would put it way out of what I'd want to invest in it. I can get the pin here for $75.00 bucks, and don't get me wrong, it has a BG but man it's 85-95% gone and I mean close to clear glass gone. Even if I drive from Cincy I just don't think it will add up for me. I have never even played this game so am not even sure I'll like and to put $500.00 or more in it, I could lose a few hundred when it goes. I don't think I'll go so far as restoration more like refurb to 100% playable and then go from there. I may have to give it some thought though, thanks a lot for help. I'll report back after I go get a really close look Monday......may purchase and just play the pin until opportunity knocks and I can score a BG.

It’s only 4 1/2 hours from you so it’s really how much effort you want to invest. Buy the game locally, play it, and if you think it’s worth it grab a friend and take a day trip.

#5258 3 months ago

Anyone know who this guy is?
newyork.craigslist.org link

#5261 3 months ago

If anyone is looking for a couple of coin doors, entry plates, shooter rods, a sky jump backglass and a flying carpet backglass I found this on Craigslist. They are only asking $125 hartford.craigslist.org link

#5263 3 months ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

1974deltaqueen you need this stuff!

I would be curious to see what the glass looks like

#5264 3 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yeah but I'd have to pay shipping costs which would put it way out of what I'd want to invest in it. I can get the pin here for $75.00 bucks, and don't get me wrong, it has a BG but man it's 85-95% gone and I mean close to clear glass gone. Even if I drive from Cincy I just don't think it will add up for me. I have never even played this game so am not even sure I'll like and to put $500.00 or more in it, I could lose a few hundred when it goes. I don't think I'll go so far as restoration more like refurb to 100% playable and then go from there. I may have to give it some thought though, thanks a lot for help. I'll report back after I go get a really close look Monday......may purchase and just play the pin until opportunity knocks and I can score a BG.

E4C50F1D-6E62-4AEC-8673-C7C2B4F59A0F (resized).jpeg
#5268 3 months ago
Quoted from mof:

Anyone have a very good condition+ Space Odyssey BG?
-mof
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/resto-space-odyssey-mof-20190630

Marco is sold out of repo’s but eBay might suffice until you find an original. One will come up
ebay.com link » Williams Space Odyssey Pinball Machine Translite Backglass

#5269 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Gizzard:

Anyone have any purple swirled lane guides? I have a couple chipped ones. These are 2 3/4 inches long on the top. Example pics below:[quoted image]

What game? I like a challenge

#5273 3 months ago
Quoted from mof:Anyone have a very good condition+ Space Odyssey BG?

reading.craigslist.org link

#5279 3 months ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Still looking. Pinhead52 did not have the correct one on hand to help. Here is some pics of what I'm taking about.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Some tools, a vice, and a coat hanger?

#5285 3 months ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

1974deltaqueen you need this stuff!

They posted the pictures

424CD512-3E1F-4B69-BC3F-DC90CB233697 (resized).jpeg6D25EFD8-5505-41C8-AC05-7960B56150EB (resized).jpeg0F4CE618-46B1-46E2-A3C8-F1D52468FC3F (resized).jpeg3AB9398D-4B0B-46C5-8F3D-4AD482771BB1 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#5330 87 days ago
Quoted from mojonitro:

Like many others, looking for a Jacks Open back glass. Just got the machine, and it needs an upgrade.
Jim

Try this guy. I don’t know anything about him but I came across it in a thread

8F4C49BF-A8DC-428F-837D-3B377BDDA7E0 (resized).jpeg
#5339 85 days ago
Quoted from LordOdin:

Hello,
Looking for a lockdown bar for 1975 Gottlieb Abra Kadabra pinball.
Thank you

I know that PBR sells both repos and NOS for various machines. He might have yours http://www.pbresource.com/lockdb.html

2 weeks later
#5390 70 days ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

cnj.craigslist.org link
Pity this one is not so good.

That has been for sale on eBay for what seems like an eternity. At this point I’m sure it could be picked up super cheap or in exchange for a repair on another machine that they have because it looks like they need some help.

2 weeks later
#5413 53 days ago

Easy fix, just give the machine to me

#5427 52 days ago
Quoted from Ant16bar2:

Looking for Base Hit Williams machine for parts

Are they title specific parts you are looking for? If they aren’t Williams made a few P & B’s within that time period that are very similar and could easily be traded out.

1 week later
#5453 43 days ago

my rifle was replaced with a stock from a short .22 rifle and the parts were just retro fitted into the gun which actually fit perfect. Off the top of my head I think it’s a Remington but I have a Chicago Coin moonshot rifle arcade. You could pick up a cheap stock off eBay. You can find some as cheap as .99 cents but this will give you an idea what I’m talking about:
ebay.com link » Mossberg Model 42 B 22 Rifle Wood Stock

#5454 43 days ago
D20B5704-E89A-40DD-AC8D-403BBC63A325 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5487 32 days ago

Looking for an early 60’s Williams coin door skin.

#5501 30 days ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

I have a Kings and Queens that I am doing a deep restoration on, I Love the game and it will not be leaving the stable.
I originally bought this game from Shay and it plays so well. I need to make it complete and need the ball tilt mech (as shown) to complete the parts.
[quoted image][quoted image]
I believe this is a common part on games from late 1964 through 1966. I have searched a lot of places for this but have not found one yet. Anyone have one they could let go?
Steve J.

too-many-pins ? PBR has housing but I’m not sure they would fit mid 60’s games.

#5504 29 days ago

I have a 1970 Gottlieb baseball coindoor which is complete with wiring if anyone is interested

1 week later
#5531 20 days ago

I’m wondering if you could scan the pinball rescue decal and have it printed on a clear vinyl decal. Then take your apron and repaint it white and add the webbing and apply the new decal.

#5533 20 days ago

But then you have to repaint the upper arch as well so it will match. Unless you don’t care.

1 week later
#5585 8 days ago

I’m looking for Williams lockdown bar end caps. The ones I have now I’m pretty sure are beyond repair

FDA38128-E9BC-42E3-AF96-F9D1CED3DBDC (resized).jpeg
#5587 8 days ago
Quoted from MikeO:

For a Williams game of that era that's a decent end cap. Much better than none or many out there that are much more worn.
If you want shiny chrome again, I have seen that platers can apply a new finish to existing caps. You have to remove the cap from the lock bar itself and then reattach once the chromed end cap is returned.

Thanks. I know that PBR makes them for Gottlieb because I have purchased a set but I don’t think he makes them for Williams

#5588 8 days ago

Im looking for a missing spring for the plunger that moves inside the coil. It is where the balls collect in a manual loading ball trough. The coil opens and closes a small gate and without the spring there isn’t any tension to do so and it stays open giving an endless amount of balls. Also, is there a pin in that hole that can be removed so I can put it on?
There are a ton of springs on Marco’s site I’m just not sure which one I need. I’m assuming a flipper compression spring would work?

Man this machine I’m working on is dirty. I think someone sprayed most of the machine with lubricant. I have a long road ahead of me.
CB5406D4-102A-424E-B7FA-CBC29DC099DB (resized).jpeg

A968E1F3-818B-4966-985E-8BC475E05B28 (resized).jpeg
#5592 8 days ago

Thanks

#5594 7 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yep. I just looked at a couple of my games and at least one of them that spring was off on one end and it's still been working fine. I see it as more of an insurance policy they put on there to make sure the gate would close.
I think I had one stubborn game where it did however make a difference.

So Williams doesn’t use a tension spring on the plunger like Gottlieb does. Good to know.

#5597 7 days ago

Thanks everyone. I have no idea what they used for grease but it’s really thick and there seems to be a lot added to every moving part. It’s probably just seriously gummed up. It’s not the normal build up you usually see. I’ll take everything apart later on today maybe and see what happens. The coil wants to move it. Whoever had it before tried to do the right thing I guess

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
3,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Albemarle, NC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider murphdom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside