gtbparadise.jpeg
20240325_122857.jpg
20240325_105918 (resized).jpg
IMG_0448 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240312_160646 (resized).jpg
IMG_2264 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monsonb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1391 8 years ago

I'm looking for an original, red ACE drop target for a Gottlieb Royal Flush/Card Whiz. I installed a replacement from PBR, and it looks "okay", but it is smaller and sits lower than the others...

The "A" doesn't have to be all there, in fact, if it was worn it would match the other drop targets.

Thanks.

#1395 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I have one! pm me your shipping info and I will get it out on tuesday

Message sent! Thanks a lot!
What do I owe you?

#1409 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

monsonb said:
I'm looking for an original, red ACE drop target for a Gottlieb Royal Flush/Card Whiz. I installed a replacement from PBR, and it looks "okay", but it is smaller and sits lower than the others...
The "A" doesn't have to be all there, in fact, if it was worn it would match the other drop targets.
Thanks.
I have one! pm me your shipping info and I will get it out on tuesday

Look what arrived in the mail this afternoon! Thanks Boilerman, this drop target looks better than the original that broke!

DSC02841.JPGDSC02841.JPG

I'd like to thank Pinhead52 for offering to help, too.

I don't know about the rest of Pinside, but the EM people here are great. I look forward to helping someone when I can.

1 month later
#1564 8 years ago

I'm looking for a Royal Flush (1976) backglass - mine's really flaky, and a backglass for a Domino (1968). My Domino backglass is all there, but the colors are really faded. I see that Ron Web has a repo on sale, but an original would be cool. Thanks.

#1573 8 years ago

I was just looking at that page, thanks.

Quoted from pinhead52:

Every RF Ive seen has been flaky.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that's flaky.

2 months later
#1859 8 years ago

I've got a '76 Williams Grand Prix that has the wrong shooter rod. It cleaned up in the tumbler well, and I can live with it, but if somebody has the right one, I'd like to buy it. Thanks!

DSC03265_(resized).JPGDSC03265_(resized).JPG

If you need a shooter rod like this one, let me know.

2 months later
#2131 8 years ago

I'm looking for a Williams 4" Score Reel for my Palooka (1964). The assembly works fine, but the rotating, plastic wheel is warped. I just need the numbers reel. Thanks.

#2133 8 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

It looks like the same one as on my Paddock...what do you think?

I checked the backbox picture on the ipmdb for Paddock, and I think you're right. They look the same.

#2134 8 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

PM sent.

1 week later
#2153 8 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

monsonb said:
I'm looking for a Williams 4" Score Reel for my Palooka (1964)

The score reel arrived today, and it was installed right away. Thanks to jwwhite15!
The EM hangout rules!

2 months later
#2351 7 years ago

I've got a Williams Full House project, and I'm creating my parts list for PBR. Among other things, I need to replace a broken bottom switch blade for a jet bumper.

DSC04083_(resized).JPGDSC04083_(resized).JPG

I couldn't find anything on the PBR webpage for jet bumpers, and so I checked an online Williams manual, but the bottom blade doesn't have a parts number.

Screen_Shot_2016-06-18_at_8.17.28_AM_(resized).pngScreen_Shot_2016-06-18_at_8.17.28_AM_(resized).png

Does anyone know what I should ask for when I sent my parts order to PBR? Do I just request a "bottom switch blade for a jet bumper"? I don't want to mess up the order and have to pay shipping again for such a small part.

#2356 7 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

I couldn't find the part number either. I do have a spare if you want it.

Thanks! PM sent.

#2362 7 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Anyway the machine currently has a Wico sound board, and I would love to revert back to chimes. I think this game originally used a Williams chime unit. Anybody have one to spare?

I've got a chime unit from a Sonic Mars Trek (also from 1977).

DSC04094_(resized).JPGDSC04094_(resized).JPGDSC04093_(resized).JPGDSC04093_(resized).JPGDSC04095_(resized).JPGDSC04095_(resized).JPG

You can PM me if you are interested.

#2365 7 years ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

Are you parting out the Mars Trek?

No, the Mars Trek is full functioning and too much fun to sell (for now).
I picked up the MT chime unit for another project, and now I don't need it.

3 months later
#2581 7 years ago

I'm looking for two of the brackets that connect the playfield to the lockdown mech. One bracket is bent and broken on my Williams Full House project, and the other is missing.
DSC05154 (resized).JPGDSC05154 (resized).JPG
Can someone tell me the bracket's correct name? I can't find the part # in the Williams catalog, and I don't know how to search for it at PBR or Marco.

#2593 7 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

Playfield hold down bracket pn# 1B-3536
Marco is easy enough to search - just put the number in the box. Sorry, no got those.
Might have some spares - let me dig a bit

As you noted, Marco is out, and PBR emailed that they don't carry these brackets.

If anyone has spares, please let me know. Thanks!

#2596 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I offered and was told he did not need them?

I think you offered brackets to Lermods, but he had already ordered from Marco and PBR.

I'm looking for Williams playfield hold down brackets, and Marco doesn't have them in stock, and PBR doesn't carry them.

#2598 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

what does it look like? what era game? I have very little bally/Williams parts but might have it in what little I have

The brackets are for a '66 Williams Full House. Here's my broken and bent one:

0cabb0b1d7e91955c75ec8338a916b23368b2268 (resized).jpg0cabb0b1d7e91955c75ec8338a916b23368b2268 (resized).jpg

#2600 7 years ago

A fellow pinsider has some playfield brackets that he is willing to share.
Thanks for the responses and the help. Pinside rules!

#2629 7 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Quoted from monsonb:
The brackets are for a '66 Williams Full House. Here's my broken and bent one:
Would you happen to have a good spare 1966 Williams back box (Bare)?

Sorry, I don't have one.

3 months later
#2896 7 years ago

What would be a good replacement for Gottlieb-style lockdown bar on a Recel machine? I think I've read advice about someone adapting a System 80 bar, but I'm not sure if that's right.
This is for a reeeeealy tough looking Criterium 75.

#2901 7 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

here's a fin style lockdown bar
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Pinball Machine Chrome Lock Down Bar
And I have a receiver for it...

Thanks! If I win the auction, I'll let you know.

2 weeks later
#2983 7 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I have done the adaptation of a system 1 / system 3 lockdown bar system to my El Dorado.
As mentioned, you will need the slide mechanism to go with the "shark fine" style bar...
...Typically, you can get this style lock down bar for around $25 plus around $15 for the slide if you ask the seller if they still have it. The catch is the extra cost for the shipping.

You were spot-on! The bar from eBay was $25.50 shipped, and the slide was an extra $15 as predicted. I didn't have to pay extra for shipping, though.

This adaptation looks pretty straight forward, and I think it will be a good solution for a missing Gottlieb EM lockdown bar.
Thanks to pinhead52 for also pointing me in the right direction.

2 months later
#3218 7 years ago

I am on the lookout for a nice backglass for a Full House. Mine is serviceable, but a better one would be appreciated. Thanks.

3 months later
#3508 6 years ago

I've got a Williams Zig Zag (1964). The inside of the coin door was stripped. I'm curious if anyone has the coin reject switches and/or the coin chutes?

I tried to painting some plastic hole buttons rattle can silver and use them to fill the reject holes, but they didn't turn out very well. Thanks!

DSC06571 (resized).JPGDSC06571 (resized).JPG

Makes me think of the movie 9: thumb-1920-608582 (resized).jpgthumb-1920-608582 (resized).jpg

#3512 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Stainless Steel Carriage bolts look nice and can be polished. The typical don't have the letter markings that the zinc ones do.

Quoted from hoov:

Hardware stores normally carry metal and chrome hole covers with different sizes to pick from. I got mine from a local Ace Hardware.

Good advice, but my local Ace Hardware only has marked carriage bolts, and their chrome hole covers were etched with starburst, fire, and eagle patterns. I'll have to try some other stores.

Added over 7 years ago: One day later: I found metal covers at a True Value hardware store for less than two bucks. Thanks!

2 weeks later
#3528 6 years ago

I'm looking for a score reel coil stop for a Williams Zig Zag (1964). I'll buy an entire score reel if that's the only way I can get a decent coil stop. Thanks.

#3534 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Quoted from monsonb:
I'm looking for a score reel coil stop for a Williams Zig Zag (1964). I'll buy an entire score reel if that's the only way I can get a decent coil stop. Thanks.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=williams+coil+stop
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-613-95

Good idea! I checked PBR and eBay, but I forgot about checking Marco. I'm curious, do you think the Marco online catalog flipped their image? This picture shows the exact opposite of what I need.

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg

20170819_162635 (resized).jpg20170819_162635 (resized).jpg

#3539 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

FYI you could always simply grind out the current coil stop and bolt in this Gottlieb unit for $4
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-4862

Also a good idea. Cool.

#3548 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Quoted from monsonb:
This picture shows the exact opposite of what I need.
I've got a bunch of those used if you still need one.

Quoted from John_in_NC:

I have too, pm if needed

Thanks guys, I ordered one from Marco, but if it really is wrong, then I'll PM you. Appreciate it.

1 week later
#3574 6 years ago

I'm looking for a picture of the score card for a Zig Zag.
I tried to start a thread about this, but this is probably a better place to ask.
Thanks!

1 month later
#3628 6 years ago
Quoted from monsonb:

I'm looking for a picture of the score card for a Zig Zag.
I tried to start a thread about this, but this is probably a better place to ask.
Thanks!

With the help of Pinsider nomo, I have now have a score card for my machine! Whew. That hole in the apron was really starting to bug me. Thank you, nomo!

20171003_172057 (resized).jpg20171003_172057 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#3696 6 years ago

Looooooog shot: I'm looking for a Criterium '75 playfield.

5 months later
#4205 5 years ago

I've got a Recel Criterium '75 which is basically a barn find. I need to replace this relay coil that operates PF illumination. 9500 is all it has for identification.
20180521_202209 (resized).jpg20180521_202209 (resized).jpg
Jimmy at Pinball Resource said they didn't have it, but told me to email John at flippers.com. I did, but I didn't hear back from him. It looks like he has a replacement, but it was put on the website in 2011.

https://www.flippers.com/catalog/product_info.php/coil-a35950-yellow-p-2748

I thought that the information listed on that page "Coil A35-950 - YELLOW Model: 050-002. Alternate # 9.500" might lead me to a replacement coil from a different manufacturer, but I haven't had any luck.

Does anyone know of a suitable replacement? Thanks!

#4211 5 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

Anyway, your 9500 coil was used in the Recel Vari Target. Gottlieb used an A-9740 in theirs. If you can't find a 9500, an A-9740 might be worth a try.

Comparing the Recel parts catalog to the Gottlieb catalog was really clever. I would not have thought of that. I ordered an A-9740 this morning, and I'll report back about the results. Thanks, MarkG!

#4229 5 years ago
Quoted from monsonb:

Anyway, your 9500 coil was used in the Recel Vari Target. Gottlieb used an A-9740 in theirs. If you can't find a 9500, an A-9740 might be worth a try.
Comparing the Recel parts catalog to the Gottlieb catalog was really clever. I would not have thought of that. I ordered an A-9740 this morning, and I'll report back about the results. Thanks, MarkG!

The A-9740 relay coil isn't as tall as the 9500 coil, but it does work. I tried using a washer to make up for lost length, but it buzzed like no other. The roll over switch on the playfield that activates this coil needs a longer connection than the other two to work, but that is better than not working at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TENNESSEE
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider monsonb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread?tu=monsonb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.