gtbparadise.jpeg
20240325_122857.jpg
20240325_105918 (resized).jpg
IMG_0448 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240312_160646 (resized).jpg
IMG_2264 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1887 8 years ago

I'm looking for a few old style EM white pop bumper bodies (with the open sides) and a 1" round violet with marbled white insert as shown below. Both are for a Gottlieb game but other manufacturers might work.

Thanks,

/Mark

Old_PB_Body_sm_(resized).jpgOld_PB_Body_sm_(resized).jpg

4 months later
#2331 7 years ago
Quoted from Noobee:

I'm looking for a wiper arm for the player unit on a Gottlieb Top Score.

If you can't find a replacement, you can probably repair the one you have. I've had good luck attaching shims to both broken pieces with epoxy to hold them together. In other words, use a new backing piece to hold the two broken pieces together. You might even be able to cut out a duplicate (with extra room for the existing snow shoe contacts) and epoxy it to the back of what you have if you can find three screws that are a little longer to hold the repaired wiper in place. PBR has the fiber material if you want to use that.

/Mark

1 month later
#2443 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I could use a green lane plastic for a 1960 Dancing Dolls.

I had broken red guides on my Dancing Dolls. Figuring I'd never find them, I went for the polished stainless guides offered by PBR. Look for MAT-SHIELD at:

http://pbresource.com/news.html

or see a photo at:

http://pbresource.com/toolbox/mat-shield-01.jpg

You need to cut them to length, but they're better than the broken ones I had.

/Mark

6 months later
#3040 7 years ago

I'm looking for a green bumper from a flipperless '39 Bally Champion. The bumper is a little smaller than modern bumpers, has a metal skirt and four posts (2 of which are threaded) that go down through the playfield. There's also a metal clip hanging on the back of the bumper that I think was to keep the ball from hanging up on the back of the bumper. The yellow one below is actually mounted below the playfield. Haven't figured out why yet...

front viewfront view
 back view back view
bottom viewbottom view

Any leads or suggestions?

#3041 7 years ago

I'm also looking for old (50s) or obscure (Chicago Coin, United, Genco, Playmatic, Sega, etc.) EM pinball parts catalogs and other technical information for sale or for trade.

#3044 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrian:

Markg.have you thought about modifying new bumper body's and caps.or are you looking for total orig look.

I'm just getting started in looking so for the short term I'll hold out for a good match. I have found someone with something similar but not quite right that I could probably work with if I don't find the right one. I tried a modern bumper for size just to see how it fit. It fits in the hole, but the screw and socket holes don't line up, and it's bigger than the original:

DSCN7681sm (resized).jpgDSCN7681sm (resized).jpg

I'm not familiar with the fusion paint for plastic. I'll have to read up on that. Thanks for the tip.

/Mark

#3047 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrian:

I'm still looking for a score reel unit for Williams skill pool with 5 inch reels.one or hundreds position .seems like needle in haystack.can anyone say why they are hard to find.

Here's one from a '59 Williams Pinch Hitter. It has a 5 1/2" metal score reel, but the frame looks like yours I think. PM me if you think this is what you need.

WilliamsScoreReel (resized).jpgWilliamsScoreReel (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#3079 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Looking for a coil bracket for a 1970 SkyRocket. This one has a wear spot and doesn't always stop the wheel at the correct spot. A suggestion on how to move the coil so that the worn spot no longer stops the wheel would be appreciated.

I could use one too if you find a source. Failing that you can put a couple of washers under either set of screws that hold the relay to the flash unit frame. (There are two screws that hold the relay frame to the Z bracket, and another two that hold the Z bracket to the flash unit frame.) That will slide the brake out a little and move the notch out from under the teeth. Here's a closer look:

_MG_0621sm (resized).jpg_MG_0621sm (resized).jpg

If you look closely you can see the washers and the notch moved out a bit. Note that you may need slightly longer screws if you add washers.

4 months later
#3432 6 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Looking for a player unit or part of a player unit for a 1977 Gottlieb Vulcan.
I am needing the diamond shaped bakelite piece on the player unit. it is the first piece you see on the unit.
Surly other machines from that era have the same player unit on them too, just not sure which ones.

To my surprise, I couldn't find Vulcan in the parts lists of the '78, '80 or '82 Gottlieb parts catalogs (*). The '78 catalog does cover games from Jungle Life through Super Spin and reveals a pattern in the parts numbers for the Player Unit Wiper which is what you're looking for. In the '78 catalog at least all the 4 player games use a player unit wiper with part number B-12566, while all the 2 player games use a B-12568.

While I can't prove it, it seems likely that the wiper from any mid-70s 4 player Gottlieb game (like the Bronco above) would work for you.

/Mark

(*) For extra credit, does anyone know if there are Parts List tables for Vulcan or any of the Gottlieb EM games after Super Spin?

#3438 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

FYI, when I contacted Steve about a cracked-in-half player unit wiper of mine, he suggested I glue it with this:

Good point. I've had good luck too repairing fiber disks if it's just the fiber board that's broken. You can reinforce the repair by gluing a shim on the back of the wiper to cover the break. Old fiber flipper links would be a good option. Here's an example:
Disc repair (resized).jpgDisc repair (resized).jpg

6 months later
#3805 6 years ago
Quoted from wedgeheadjunkie:

Looking for 2 score reel stepper units for a 1964 Chicago Coin "Royal Flash".
Mine has broken nylon actuator arm in two of them.

Is this the right score reel?

1969 Chicago Coin Catalog (resized).jpg1969 Chicago Coin Catalog (resized).jpg

/Mark

#3809 6 years ago
Quoted from wedgeheadjunkie:

Thanks, and do you have one or two of these for sale?

Sorry, no. I thought it might help those who have unidentified score reels in their stashes.

/Mark

1 month later
#3967 6 years ago

I'm looking for a good deal on a bunch of 24v EM relays and maybe some stand up targets for a class I'm putting together. Extra credit if I can pick them up at TPF next week to save on shipping. PM me with details of what you have, and thanks.

1 week later
#4005 6 years ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

Looking for a complete ball count unit for a Gottlieb Sky Jump. I think the ball count units were the same for single player machines between 1970 to 1976??? Any condition... Thanks...

That would certainly simplify things, but sadly I don't think that's the case. Sky Jump used these parts in the ball count unit:
Gear & Shaft: A-11669
Disc: B-15004
Wiper: B-9998

Games that include that same combination include
High Hand
Sky Jump
Top Card
Atlantis
El Dorado
Spin Out
Abra Ca Dabra
Sure Shot
Buccaneer
Volley
Jacks Open
Big Hit
Centigrade 37

Whether other ball count units could be adapted I don't know. But these are the only games I found with the same set of three part numbers.

/Mark

#4008 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

There should be wedgeheads earlier than High Hand that have the same configuration. Would need to look at an older parts catalog to define which games would be a match.

There are older games that use some of the parts. Hi-Lo for example from '69 uses the same Gear & Shaft and Wiper, but it's the Disc (B-15004) on Sky Jump that was first used in High Hand as far as I can tell.

3 weeks later
#4051 6 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

I know it is a very long shot, but plunger and ball lift bracket for 1938 Chicago Coin Swing?

If you have all of the pieces I've had pretty good luck gluing pot metal back together with JB Weld. Since the casting is concave you can add a thick layer to the inside and add things like strips of metal or nails across the cracks for reinforcement. You'll need to find a way to hold the pieces in place while the JB Weld sets up. For extra thickness you can add multiple layers, scoring the dry layer before adding the new wet layer so it has something to bite into.

/Mark

#4060 6 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

JB weld is ok, but you are better off doing this with Epoxy and fibre glass strips.

I'd like to learn more. How much do you need to buy at a time, shelf life, working time, tips, hazards, etc. Maybe that deserves its own topic on pot metal repair?

#4074 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I am hoping that a fellow Pinsider can help me locate the missing "swirl-style" Bakelite globes (or something similar) which flank the marquee for my project 1953 Exhibit Supply Space Gun arcade. It's possible that a woodrail pinball machine utilized such globes.

Sorry, I don't have any spares but they do look just like the globes on my '39 Bally Champion (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1939-bally-champion) so it seems likely that they were used on other games too.

#4076 6 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

Mark, Probably the West System White papers can give you a better idea than i can:

Excellent summary. Thanks.

1 month later
#4197 5 years ago
Quoted from Schamattack:

Look for a chicago coin Kicker Bell Plunger. Its for the large bell in the back of the machine. Mine was completely melted, I dont no the p/n for the coil either
I would also buy the who assembly if required as I took mine apart without any pictures and dont remember how to put it back together :/

The coil part number is shown in your photo. If you can determine how long your plunger is that should help identify a replacement which is probably available from the standard sources. And for reassembly, here's some info from the '69 Chicago Dynamic Industries (Chicago Coin) parts catalog:
Chicago Coin large bell (resized).jpgChicago Coin large bell (resized).jpg
/Mark

#4210 5 years ago
Quoted from monsonb:

I've got a Recel Criterium '75 which is basically a barn find. I need to replace this relay coil that operates PF illumination. 9500 is all it has for identification.

The Recel parts catalog shows a Vari Target that looks an awful lot like the Gottlieb Vari Target. I think they used Gottlieb parts. (Anyone know for sure?)

Vari Targets use a relay to hold and release the target.
Details and video here: www.funwithpinball.com/small-boards-page-2#VariTarget
Vari Targets (resized).jpgVari Targets (resized).jpg
Anyway, your 9500 coil was used in the Recel Vari Target. Gottlieb used an A-9740 in theirs. If you can't find a 9500, an A-9740 might be worth a try.

/Mark

1 month later
#4393 5 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Need help identifying and finding a replacement coil for a 1938 Chicago Coin Swing. Pics of the coil below. Have sent to PBR, and Don with Pinball Collectors Resource, but with no positive ID yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Could it be one of these? Maybe U-273?
1947_Chicago_Coin_Catalog (resized).jpg1947_Chicago_Coin_Catalog (resized).jpg
This is from the 1947 Chicago Coin Parts catalog. This and others are available at http://funwithpinball.com/resources/parts-catalog-list

/Mark

3 months later
#4502 5 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

I have a Bally Bow and Arrow, one of the wiper/spider blades has broken off at the base.
Anyone know where to order, or have one to sell?
It goes to the "flash motor", I think. (bottom, center, back of the cabinet relay board)
Any help appreciated

I think finding a spare Bow and Arrow Flasher Unit wiper will take some time. There may be some options though.

According to the parts catalog (http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/BLY_Parts_1976/index.html#/110/) all of the Bally Flasher units used the same wiper so a wiper from any Flasher unit from Sky Rocket, 4 Million BC, Fireball, Space Time, Time Zone or Bow and Arrow should work.

Even that may be hard to find though so another approach may be necessary. The Flasher unit wiper comes apart to reveal 5 individual wipers stacked up on the hub. (Picture a lollipop with a hole in the middle - that's what one wiper looks like.) And the Flasher contact board has contacts in just the outer of three available rings of holes in the board. I can't prove it but I bet that other (maybe all?) Bally steppers have the same three rings of holes and the same kinds of stackable wipers. If you can find a Bally stepper that uses the outer ring of contacts you might be able to use one of the longest wiper blades from that stepper.

Beware that the wiper assembly has a hub with a notch in it and all of the individual wipers are keyed so they don't slide around the hub. If you find a few replacement wipers of the right length you might get lucky and one of them will be keyed correctly. But even if none of them are, modifying a wiper so it keys into the correct position shouldn't be too hard.

PM me if I need to explain this better.

/Mark

1 month later
#4588 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Need a 7” disc with numbers 1-99 and a blank space for 0. For a flipperless woodrail Bally Rocket (1947)

A lot of those discs have shrunk and warped. I wonder if you could print out the number band on clear adhesive vinyl or mylar and stick it to a new plexi or acrylic disc?

#4591 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Heres what i did with a water slide decal but the light doesnt shine through bright enough.

Nice work. Are you sure you have the right bulb? I've seen 87 and 1129 bulbs used in projection units.

#4602 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

As for the bulb it fits in an 89 socket but is WAY brighter than an 89. Has “63” on the side.

Nice reproduction.

Just to compare bulbs:
63: 7.0 Volts, 0.63, Amps, 4.41 Watts
87: 6.8 Volts, 1.91 Amps, 12.988 Watts
1127: 6.4 Volts, 2.63 Amp, 16.832 Watt

So your reproduction may be just fine with a brighter bulb. Try auto parts stores if you just want one or two.
Also, I'm assuming there's still a lens in the projection unit somewhere. That would make a difference too.

3 weeks later
#4697 5 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

For gottlieb bank a ball '65: right side flipper actuator assembly (?) Im not 100% on the name, i dont have a parts catalog that far back.
The arm/spring/bracket that mounts to the inside of the cabinet. It is the part between the cabinet flipper button and the flipper switch on the playfield.

From the '66 catalog, pg 33:
Push Button Switch Link Assembly
A-4263 All 5 Ball Cabinets, Right or Left Side
(other part numbers shown for multiple player cabinets...)

#4706 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I had no idea how hard it would be to find online a single metal post on a 72 year old pin would be.

That seems like something you should be able to have made by someone with a lathe. Maybe at your local maker space? Things I'd love to have: a lathe and the skills to use it.

/Mark

#4718 5 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Here's what I need. (top is broken off this one)

The catalog shows that there are two varieties: http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_1974-1975/index.html#/44/

You may need to figure out which one you have.

/Mark

1 month later
#4839 5 years ago

I'm curious why they installed a pair of 3" bells rather than just wire up whatever drives them to one 3" bell. Maybe the two bells have a slightly different tone, but it seems like a luxury.

2 months later
#5011 5 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

I have one from a 4-player (Jet Spin)--it is hard to tell if this is the same as yours?

Seems like a good candidate for 3D printing...

/Mark

6 months later
#5618 4 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Looking for used replacement pop cap for 1952 Williams Twenty Grand. Would rather not order a new - non marbleized cap.

If you can't find an original, you can repair yours by squaring off the broken part along the straight lines of the triangles, then splicing in a matching piece from a reproduction part like this:
Final Fit 5079 (resized).jpgFinal Fit 5079 (resized).jpg
It takes a little work but would be much less noticeable than a reproduction part.

/Mark

#5622 4 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

MarkG,
Where is the splice? Impressive repair!

Here are some of the steps. I wrote it up in Gameroom magazine ages ago I think.

Repair sequence (resized).jpgRepair sequence (resized).jpg
2 months later
#5852 4 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

just a bump to see if anybody maybe able to help. finally about to get to this game to restore.[quoted image]

I don't know how much of the schematic would be common with Twin Hockey but there's an All Start Hockey schematic on my website at:
https://www.funwithpinball.com/resources/all-star-hockey

Is that an All Star Hockey in your photo just behind the Twin Hockey?

1 week later
1 month later
#5978 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverLiningMan:

Anyone have a match unit and knocker that would work on a Sky Jump? Someone inexplicably removed those goodies from my game before I got it. Thanks.

The knocker should be easy. The Match Unit on the other hand will need some research unless you can find one from another Sky Jump.

Sky Jump uses an AS (mini stepper) relay for the 00-90 or Match Unit. The relay has a D-8755 nylon spindle, A-9016 and A-9017 pc boards mounted on either side, and a B-9015 wiper on each side. This same arrangement was used in many games as early as '69 Target Pool and as late as '77 Jet Spin. The range may be even wider. The good news is that there are lots of AS relays out there.

The bad news is that AS relays came in several configurations so identifying which games used the same configuration would be important. The pc boards may be labeled so keep an eye out for that. More bad news is that AS relays usually come with one or two jones plugs so they can be removed from the game for cleaning or adjustment. I don't know how you would tell if those jones plugs are wired the same. (Does anyone know?) You could scour some schematics to see if the wire colors are the same but I don't know if Gottlieb documented their jones plugs wiring the way that Bally did for example. So while you might find the same AS relay configuration there's a chance that the jones plugs could be wired differently.

Any AS relay with the same boards and wipers could be made to work in a Sky Jump but there may be some hidden work to rewire it if the jones plugs don't match.

#5979 4 years ago

I did a little more digging and compared three games using similar AS relays:
Sky Jump AS relay (resized).jpgSky Jump AS relay (resized).jpg
The parts catalog shows that Jet Spin uses the same AS relay parts as Sky Jump, but the schematics show that the wire colors are slightly different. Target Alpha uses the same AS relay pc boards and wipers but adds a pair of cams on the spindle so there are 2 extra switches which means more wires through the jones plugs so they're definitely incompatible. Different wire colors too.

No way to know how the wires are routed through the jones plugs for any of them.

#5987 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Does skyjump match have an alternating stack on it?

No, just the two discs. See the relay chart in reply 5979.

3 weeks later
#6086 4 years ago

Looks like a Chicago Coin 143-801 Nylon Operating Arm (from the 1969 Chicago Coin Parts Catalog.)
Chicago Coin catalog page 1 (resized).jpgChicago Coin catalog page 1 (resized).jpg
This and other parts catalogs are available at https://www.funwithpinball.com/resources/parts-catalog-list

/Mark

4 weeks later
#6221 3 years ago
Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I am missing 5 of the round pins that hold the actual pins on and 3 others are missing the tiny hairpin clips

Could you make pins with rivets, or short pieces of steel rod or maybe even a thick coat hanger? Pieces of a snug fitting hose, heat shrink tubing or hot glue might work as end caps.

/Mark

2 weeks later
#6311 3 years ago

There are several pages that address Aladdin's Castle. Looking for anything in particular?

2 months later
#6649 3 years ago

Hmm. Doesn't look like it. From the 1966 Williams parts catalog:
WmsParts1966pg74sm (resized).jpgWmsParts1966pg74sm (resized).jpg
/Mark

#6685 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

I need... a 8 1/2 inch bally shooter rod to a Mata Hari (EM). PBR/Marco only have the pointy knob. I like my knobs smooth.

PBR has a nice off brand (Bruswick) shooter rod on their Specials page, part # K-55-101764-003. It might not be appropriate for a purist but it's harmless and works well.

3 months later
#6965 3 years ago
Quoted from BleacherBum:

Anybody have a wiper for a Gottlieb player unit circa 1976? The one on my Card Whiz was broken during a move.

These can often be repaired. See:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/69#post-3850955
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/69#post-3851169

Or, if you do replace it, offer it to someone who might repair it.

/Mark

4 weeks later
#7025 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Anybody have a caster receiver for a 1956 Gottlieb Gladiator? Or a few?

Isn't that just a standard Tee Nut?

#7067 3 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

It is a spring that is on the spinner unit.

From the 1978 Williams Parts Catalog:
Williams 1977 catalog 12 step unit (resized).jpgWilliams 1977 catalog 12 step unit (resized).jpg
/Mark

#7088 3 years ago

In the short term you might be able to rearrange the switch stacks to use the undamaged slots in the actuator. That may require new or different switch stack screws and/or spacers but it wouldn't be a hard thing to do.

#7120 3 years ago

Is this the lifter? It's from the '59 Williams parts catalog.
Williams_Parts_Catalog_1959 pg27 (resized).jpgWilliams_Parts_Catalog_1959 pg27 (resized).jpg
There is a newer lifter that started with '59 Tic Tac Toe.

1 month later
2 weeks later
#7321 3 years ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

I would guess A-1496 ..

Sounds right.
Gottlieb 58 catalog small step switch (resized).jpgGottlieb 58 catalog small step switch (resized).jpg

1 week later
#7416 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Anybody have a cir diagram for a gtb Hot Shot? Want to know what wire colors go to the inner contacts on the credit unit.

Do you mean the Zero Position switches? One is yellow-blue to slate-white. The other is yellow+blue to slate-yellow.

The 15th position switch is maroon-orange to yellow+red.

1 month later
#7531 3 years ago
Quoted from dgAmpGuy:

I’m looking for the black, fake-digital reels only used on the gottlieb neptune and hit the deck.

Sounds like a job for Peter at https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/inkochnitos-pinball-score-and-instruction-cards-website-update. I think he has other score reel files.

Any idea how you ended up with a set of white score reels? Could it be a sample or other low production game?

3 weeks later
3 weeks later
#7626 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

My rivets heads are worn down to where seems to affrect my scoring now. Some are worn almost completely out.

You can often repair them if you're handy:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hearts-and-spades-always-a-ball-short#post-4519175

Edit: p.s. Consider adding your serial number to http://ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=1078

#7629 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Will a regular weller stick get hot enough?

I don't know. You'll have to let us know. A 100-140W soldering gun should work.

The issue isn't whether the stick can get hot enough. It's whether the stick can keep the solder and all other surfaces hot enough long enough.

#7631 2 years ago

Most solder will fill the gap and look good for a while, but will wear away because it's too soft. Silver solder is harder than most and will hold up better.

1 month later
#7801 2 years ago
Quoted from Flipsteen:

Also need one ball (white or red) for the backglass animation but definitely interested in buying a 12 ball set that might be in better shape.

Are the balls worn, or just dirty? I think they clean up with Novus 2.

1 week later
#7868 2 years ago

Missing teeth are often intentional. They're mechanical limits to how far the stepper can advance which might be appropriate for a Ball Count unit.

/Mark

#7871 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

I thought of that, but the area is bright and shiny, as if a tooth had come off.

That might be because the advance solenoid fires, and the advance arm reaches out and pulls back over the missing tooth. But instead of grabbing the next tooth the arm just drags across the gap. Knowing that the stepper can't mechanically advance past a certain point may have allowed the designer to leave out a limit switch that would have kept the advance solenoid from firing. You'd need to check the schematic to be sure.

If you reassemble the Ball Count Unit can you manually advance it to the correct number of balls? And can you not manually advance it past that point?

#7873 2 years ago

The missing tooth would make it fail to advance past a certain point, not advance too far. Perhaps you should start a new topic to troubleshoot that.

1 month later
#8076 2 years ago

For reference here are the three part numbers Steve references above in the small step unit, replay or credit unit and player unit:
Gottlieb stepper solenoid bracket (resized).jpgGottlieb stepper solenoid bracket (resized).jpg

#8108 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Need one short (1”) stainless faceted Gtb post.

For Amusement Only might still have some. http://foramusementonly.to/

3 weeks later
#8161 2 years ago
Quoted from onefunbug:

Hello, I'm working on my Bow and Arrow and I need the flasher motor or complete unit. I've read that this was used in several different machines.

Beware that while Flasher Units were used in at least half a dozen games, they're not all the same. There were at least three different versions used with different motors and contact boards. Unfortunately Bow and Arrow used unique parts. You might find one but I'd research fixing the one you have if possible too. More info at https://online.fliphtml5.com/vrtyz/wddl/#p=110

1 month later
#8358 2 years ago
Quoted from megoman:

Looking for 2 Chicago Coin mid 1970’s score reels (for Cinema game). Really need the plastic arms with metal contacts if you happen to have those instead.
Thanks

If you can't find score reels the arms are 3D printable (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1316469). You'd need to transfer the wipers to the new arms.

/Mark

#8371 2 years ago
Quoted from GraniteStatePin:

Any help, info (part #, compatibility etc.) or if you have the part would be great! thanks

The Match or F/00-90 Unit relay on Card Whiz is an AS type relay stepper with two wiper boards (2 DISC) and two normally open switches (2A):
Card Whiz F relay (resized).jpgCard Whiz F relay (resized).jpg
While AS relays are common they come in slightly different configurations. On Card Whiz there are two switches between the boards that are activated by a cam that alternates with each step (1: 1). Other games might use other kinds of switches or cams that alternate with other patterns. If you do find one from another game you'll want to double check the wiring at the jones plugs. While some of the wire colors may be the same I don't know if the wiring through the jones plug was consistent from game to game.

1 week later
#8431 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Looking for the rivet board for the ball in play unit from a 70’s Gottlieb single player. Need it for an Abra Ca Dabra. Thanks.

Beware that they are not generic. The '76 catalog lists many different ball count wipers for 70s single player games including B-15004 for Abra Ca Dabra. They might be the same for single player replay games but you might want to double check.

1 week later
#8465 2 years ago

Everyone who works on Gottlieb EMs needs one sooner or later:

http://pbresource.com/news/gtb-a1058.jpg

#8480 2 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

I guess that might help. Gottlieb KoD.

Quoted from vec-tor:

So basically you need a:
----- Gottlieb ------
B-8546 Bumper Switch Blade with Point.
or
A-16637 Bumper Switch Blade with Point.

Fun fact: Gottlieb part numbers are basically sequential. A part number like 16xxx was probably first used in the mid 1970s so it's unlikely to have been used on King of Diamonds.

3 weeks later
#8527 2 years ago
Quoted from Jets_1479:

Anyone know of the name or a source for the chains used in 1951 Williams Hayburners?

Ladder chain. Used in player pianos and other devices that turn sprockets.

#8570 2 years ago

I believe that PBR sells blank metal shields that you can cut to length.

2 weeks later
#8613 2 years ago
Quoted from smersh:

Hello. I'm looking for Big Hit by Gottlieb 1977 replay card and the other card is for the runs scored replay.

Have you tried https://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/?

2 months later
#8845 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

Looking for a match unit from a Williams Space Mission. The whole unit would be great, but if not the complete unit I'd take just the armature.

I think John at flippers.com sold out of the assembly (https://flippers.com/catalog_oc/ratchet-armature-assy-p-2208.html) but he might still have the armature (https://flippers.com/catalog_oc/armature-plate-assembly-p-5568.html). Part numbers are at https://online.fliphtml5.com/vrtyz/zlqw/#p=12

1 month later
#8943 1 year ago
Quoted from mojonitro:

I need the main gear for a Bally Wizard Bonus stepper unit. Mine has two bad teeth.

If you don't find a replacement this might help: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nylon-ratchet-wheel-repair-on-bonus-unit.
I vaguely recall someone else doing something similar after putting a short steel pin in the old tooth before building up the new tooth around it.

#8951 1 year ago
Quoted from smohr:

trying to repair some burned out circuit tracing on this 00-90 Unit board for a 1977 Stern Stampede.

There's a picture in the manual that would be a good starting point for a mask if someone wanted to remake the board.

1 week later
#8979 1 year ago

I'm looking for a pair of pop bumper assemblies from below the playfield (in red):
Pop Bumper parts needed (resized).jpgPop Bumper parts needed (resized).jpg
Just the coil, brackets, plunger, spring and yokes. Gottlieb is preferred but 24 volt Williams might work too. I know all this stuff is likely available new but the game probably isn't worthy of new parts.

I'm converting what was someone's parts game back to working order. It's not a restoration, just a repair. It has no backglass or legs and the playfield is trashed. But I've got it working and want to sell it cheap to someone who's new to the hobby and wants to learn, or maybe someone who wants to retheme, etc. It'll never be a a trophy but it's too good to part out.

/Mark

1 month later
#9092 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Does anyone have need of a Big Daddy #287 schematic?

IPDB.org could use a good scan of Big Daddy. Maybe someone who needs a copy could scan it for them. I don't need one but I'd be willing to scan and submit it.

#9094 1 year ago

From the Allied Leisure parts catalog:
Allied Liesure Drop Target (resized).jpgAllied Liesure Drop Target (resized).jpg

1 month later
#9175 1 year ago
Quoted from psd4me:

Looking for an armature plate for a William's small match unit or specifically a Grand Prix spinner unit. The whole spring loaded ratchet assembly is broken off of mine.

Many of them are. Flippers.com and Planetary Pinball have had them. If you're lucky one of them may still.
https://flippers.com/catalog_oc/ratchet-armature-assy-p-2208.html?search=A-7563-1

2 months later
3 weeks later
#9458 1 year ago
Quoted from kamack:

Looking for Bally KK Relay Ladder/Armature

If you can't find the part two other options might be 3D printing the ladder, or replacing the entire relay with a more modern and reliable version.

#9460 1 year ago
Quoted from kamack:

out of interest what would be an appropriate modern relay to replace it with? Ive never gone down that rd before..

I would determine how many switches of what type (normally open, normally closed, make/break, etc.) and contact size (small contact or large contact) you have on your existing relay. Then look for a used modern relay. If you want to match the coil number too check the schematics on IPDB for a few more contemporary games. Chances are the pop bumper relay from many (most?) games would be a drop in replacement.

3 months later
#9638 1 year ago

It looks like the plunger for a manual ball lift mechanism like this one:
https://www.funwithpinball.com/exhibits/small-boards-page-2#BallLifter

#9646 1 year ago
Quoted from Liftserv:

Hi All need help with a Chicago coin mini-baseball
I’m looking for the relay board and sound board

There may be some leads at:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-coin-mini-baseball-sound-amplifier-405-300

1 month later
#9758 10 months ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Anybody know the ring makeup for Bally Capt Fantastic? need to order some Titian clear for a game...

It's in the manual and the playfield chart in the parts catalog:

https://www.ipdb.org/files/438/Capt_Fantastic.pdf

2 weeks later
#9778 9 months ago
Quoted from BubbaK:

I'm looking for this light assembly for a Gottlieb roto target. I know it fits a Gottlieb Sea Shore. I'm not sure what game this pic is from. PBR doesn't have it.
[quoted image]

You could probably just bolt together a pair of #44 sockets like the one at the top of the page here:
https://www.pbresource.com/sockets.html

3 weeks later
#9811 9 months ago
Quoted from jasonspoint28:

Hey guys, anyone have a Gottlieb power switch cover they would be willing to part with?
[quoted image]

Or, print one:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5233929

2 months later
#9993 6 months ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Speaking of burning stuff, I used a bally transformer to fire up a gottlieb score motor. It took about a minute before the 24v score motor started smoking on the 50v feed.

Yeah, more voltage doesn't make those motors run faster, just hotter. It's the frequency (50 or 60 Hz) that matters.

1 month later
#10076 5 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

does anyone have any chicago coin (or compatible) 5" score reels available for sale?

I have some yellow ones that might work.

Yellow Score Reels (resized).jpgYellow Score Reels (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#10114 4 months ago

I have one, and a few others. PM me for details.
Gottlieb 1964 Catalog (resized).jpgGottlieb 1964 Catalog (resized).jpg

1 month later
#10200 3 months ago
Quoted from mojonitro:

Working on a Williams Ball Park pitch and bat. I need a new bat.

Like this? https://flippers.com/catalog_oc/baseball-bat-03-8516

1 week later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.98
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Swansea, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

1,150 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shaker Heights, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread?tu=markg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.