IMG_2395 (resized).JPG
IMG_2394 (resized).JPG
aztec1 (resized).jpg
gtbparadise.jpeg
20240325_122857.jpg
20240325_105918 (resized).jpg
IMG_0448 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider egyptrus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#661 9 years ago

Does anyone know where I can get the flat metal guide show in this picture? I contacted PBR and they said they don't have it. This is on a Jacks Open. It's not in terrible shape but the metal isn't straight (looks like someone tried to "adjust" it and bent it a bit). If I could find a new one or one in better shape, I'd take it. It has the angle bend at the end of it as well.

Thanks,

Dave

IMG_5533.JPGIMG_5533.JPG
#663 9 years ago

I'll openly admit that tapping this out to get it straight will likely result in it looking worse than it does.

I was surprised to find that PBR doesn't stock them as this seems like a part that was on a lot of games in that era.

If they aren't available then I guess I won't have a choice but to try and straighten it out. Is there a preferred method for doing that?

Dave

10 months later
#1719 8 years ago

Hey Ryan, I had a similar problem to what you have and while it's not the prettiest solution, I took an "L" bracket and bolted it to the side of the chime box with the other part of the "L" being slight above the top of the metal chime. This allowed it to still vibrate but not be shot off of the box every time the coil fired. I had the game for quite a while without any issues. Unfortunately, I no longer own the game so I can't show you what it looks like but hopefully you get the idea.

Obviously, repairing the metal would be the way to go but I don't have the metallurgy skills to do it so I did the best I could with what I had.

Dave

#1736 8 years ago

You've correctly identified an "L" bracket as that's what I used. I just realized that you don't have a tub, which makes this solution a bit tougher to use. In mine, I had the tub, and was able to drill a small hole in the tub to but a bolt through and then put a nut on the other side. The top part of the bracket was over the top of the chime, effectively holding it down. I left a bit of space between the chime and the bracket so it could vibrate.

In your case, because you just have the support bracket, using an L bracket would be a bit tougher as you'd have to drill into the bracket. I still think it could work though if you could drill into the bracket and have the chime sit where it should. The other end of the L bracket would then be just above the broken mount. This would stop the chime from being able to come off the broken mount that you have.

What I'm not sure is if you'd have enough clearance between the metal bracket and the top of the chime. I really wish I still had the game that I put this fix into as a picture would definitely help.

Hopefully, you'll be able to find the parts you need to fix it.

1 year later
#3149 7 years ago

I recently bought a Gottlieb World Series and one of the targets on the roto unit is busted off (it's one of the "single" ones). I've tried PBR, my local pinball salvage guys, Rick and pinball USA, etc. and can't seem to find one of these.

I figured I'd stop in here and see if anyone had a target or a roto unit that they'd want to move along.

If all else fails I'll make something that will do the trick but I'd rather have original if I could.

Thanks,

Dave

#3152 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Shoot me a pm and I'll dig around.

Awesome...PM sent and thank you!

Dave

#3166 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I think I have a complete roto unit off of a Grand Slam I did many years ago.

Hoov thought correctly...I have found what I need. I love this place.

Dave

1 year later
#4095 6 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

I will call on Monday and talk to Steve

I just had to order replacements for a World Series that I had. PBR does not have them. I had to buy the flippers from Steve and order the stickers from whoever has them (I think they're in Australia). I agree with @dennisdodel, I think the originals were also stickers.

Dave

8 months later
#4770 5 years ago

I'm working on a Gottlieb Spin Wheel ('68) and I have two score reels that have broken blades on the EOS switch. It seems that this part is not readily available at all of the usual places (including PBR) so I'm coming here to see if anyone has a source, or has a couple of these switches (or just the blades) laying around.

I see from my research that there is some disagreement about whether this switch is even needed. I generally fall into the "well, they put it there, it must have a function" camp so I'd like them to be there.

I suspect I'm going to have to fashion my own replacement blades but figured I'd check with the group first to see if anyone had any they'd be willing to let go. I need two but would take three if you have them (always like to have a spare, just in case).

Thanks,

Dave

#4772 5 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Sounds like you don't have any part relays around. The blades off the small bladed
relays will work

I don't have a lot of spare parts in general and while I probably have some switch blades in a box somewhere, I'm guessing they're going to be too long to use in this case, without modifying them. I was thinking that if I couldn't find what I was looking for that I'd just trim an existing switch pair that I have and then drill the appropriate holes so I can put them in the stack. However, I'm not sure if the switch blades are a "standard" width or if blades from another relay or from a flipper stack are a different width. Ultimately, if I'm going to hack something to work, I'd like it to at least look close to original.

Let me measure the length of the blades from one of the score reels that has the switches still intact and I'll let you know what I come up with. Thanks for offering to help. I appreciate it.

Dave

#4774 5 years ago

ok, here are a couple of pictures showing a “good” switch set. Hopefully you’ve got something that will work as I now realize after looking at them that I’d need one blade to be a bit longer than the other but the contacts probably wouldn’t be far enough down the blade to allow that to work (if I were to use a longer set). Let me know if you any other information.

B8FC3375-0CAA-4FC9-BE91-7ADFA1CD3EFC (resized).jpegB8FC3375-0CAA-4FC9-BE91-7ADFA1CD3EFC (resized).jpegBDCC945E-7908-4547-8D17-4C4BB8555D2A (resized).jpegBDCC945E-7908-4547-8D17-4C4BB8555D2A (resized).jpeg
#4776 5 years ago

boilerman that's a pretty nice offer and I will take you up on that. Can't beat getting the actual parts I need and all for the cost of shipping. I sent you a PM to work out the details.

Thanks,

Dave

5 years later
#10203 3 months ago
Quoted from mojonitro:

Working on a Williams Ball Park pitch and bat. I need a new bat.

I have a 72 Williams Line Drive and the last time I needed a replacement bat I was able to get one from pinball resource. It's not listed on their website but they did have them in 2010, which is when I ordered my replacement. Call or send an email and see if they have what you need. If not, if it's the same one that would be on my game, I think I might still have an extra one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.98
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Staunton, VA
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider egyptrus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread?tu=egyptrus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.