Topic Stats

• 5,726 posts
  • 537 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Pecos
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,716 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Pièces plateau 1 (resized).JPG
Match Unit (resized).JPG
20191124_110021_resized (resized).jpg
20191124_110014_resized (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
84c1e5a4eceb7b0ccd72b1b58ac0a3ff8935c864[1] (resized).png
20191119_191313_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_6044 (resized).jpg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpg
100_4074 (resized).JPG
100_4073 (resized).JPG
100_4072 (resized).JPG
IMG_4384 (resized).jpg
IMG_0843 (resized).jpg
canon24102019 010 (resized).JPG
canon29102019 003 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 5 years ago

Need a backbox for a Gottlieb Royal Guard Wedgehead.....

Bueller....... Bueller...........Bueller........

2 weeks later
#175 5 years ago

Still looking for a backbox for my headless 1968 Gottlieb Royal guard......... Really hate to part this thing out, It's actually in really nice shape.

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i wonder if "we" (the em community) could piece one together for you... there aren't any unique parts in it, although the wiring harness might be tough to acquire...
i have a bg that i'd donate to the cause, it is burnt pretty bad in the "guard" lettering, but otherwise not too bad...
lets get that royal guard back to life...

Wow! Thanks guys - I did not think of trying to part one together.

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

don't give up hope, i just got a abra ca dabra that was missing the guts to the head.
i found it in less than 2 weeks. i thought it would take much longer. i got lucky.
you might try looking for the guts like i did and the find a head to put them in
the head can be repainted to match

Well, the cabinet does need a bit of work anyway. Looks like an easy paint pattern to reproduce... I think the reason the head is missing is because it was probably broken off in some sort of a fall. There is evidence of damage in the rear of the cabinet - the back is split & will either need to be replaced or repaired.
The playfield & inside are pristine.. even the legs are perfect & rust free ... hell the levelers had NO wear on the bottom.

#194 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I've got a Royal Guard head but pretty much all the sought-after parts are cut out of there. The score reels, credit unit, bells, etc.. The backglass is toast. Plus, I'm in Illinois. I thought I'd throw it out there. The head was complete seven years ago when I got it and I have been robbing parts ever since. I have probably fixed 10 - 15 pinball machines off of this parts game.

Well, ccotenj donated a backglass to the project, so I have that covered (thanks!). I only paid $50 for the cabinet & playfield, so I have some wiggle room on sinking more $$ into it. If you are offering it up & can ship I am interested.
Is the wiring mostly complete, ie. cut close to where it is supposed to go? I can come up with the other stuff eventually.
Much appreciated - Dasvis

#203 5 years ago

Thanks guys - email sent!

I have a 1976 Bally Freedom EM backbox & lower board if anyone needs stuff. It's pretty rusty, but some of it has to be usable. Picked it up local from a guy who made a coffee table out of the cabinet & playfield. Backglass was broken...

#212 5 years ago

Ok, it probably should be posted elsewhere, but look at this!! HOLY CRAP.

Jukes, parts, Slots, Bingo pins, Shuffle bowlers ...

portland.craigslist.org link

Too bad I am booked this weekend, it's a 4 hour straight shot down I5 for me.... Medford, OR

Dasvis

#213 5 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

dasvis, grab that replay unit...
edit: i believe those score reels would be correct as well... someone will have to confirm...
almost there...

OK, the guy parting out this drop-a-card sent pics of inside backbox.. does this score reel setup look correct for my Royal guard?
dropacard.jpg

reel.jpg

#216 5 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

wow! lotta cool stuff listed...
this is one case where i'm glad i'm not closer... i could easily spend way too much money on that stuff...

Yeah, hopefully he still has some of the stuff next weekend & I can make a run down there & check it out. Would love to pick up a shuffle bowler & maybe a vintage slot machine. Though I have no idea where I would put the bowler.....

#217 5 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

that looks like someone along the line put "wrong" reels in it... i believe (and jr i believe) that those should be the reels that actually have a resemblance to decagons, rather than round...
dammit, i wish i had an encyclopedic memory like some seem to have... but they "look like" they are the right assemblies with the wrong reels...

Well, I'm don't care if it's 100% original. Just want it to work. I may pickup the whole backbox assy for future parts needs

#221 5 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Interesting. They already sent down 300+ games to Southern Calif. for a July 26th Auction. Many 80s/90s video conversions. A few interesting oldies (EM arcade pieces and B/W Video Games). Some Pinballs (EM and early SS). Some Flash Slots. Some Jukes and Pool Tables. NO BINGOs in So Cal.
They are also supposed to be doing an Online only auction with Super Auctions with the stuff getting listed on July 7th with the various items (Bingos, Slots, Jukes, Shuffle tables, Rolling stock) ending on various dates begining on July 27th.
I would think that by July 7th, if they commited them to Auction, they would no longer be available for on-site purchase.

Damn. I guess it won't hurt to call & ask though.

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

You know, I'm not really sure about "Drop a Card" and "Pop a Card", but they are in a somewhat transitional period for Gottlieb manufacturing. They may be among the last of the games to use the 'brass' plated parts, and it could be that they also transitioned to the round score reels during that time. In any case, they would probably work in your "Royal Guard". I have to ask my brother to check his "PAC" to see what type score reels it has. Remember, this was the last Gottlieb to have short flippers too, although they were used again from time to time as on games with upper flipper pairs.

Hmm, just for fun I might call Steve Young & pick his brain on this. If anyone he would know for sure.

3 weeks later
#269 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Boilerman, yes, my upper metal part on the pf has that "webbing" that other one has a "splatter" - I'm going to buy that one anyway. But how did you "spray" that webbing pattern onto your apron?? Looks good!

The decals from Pinball rescue are great & look fantastic when installed. My factory apron had a light webbing on it too, but I saw no really good way to duplicate that & have the decal lay perfectly flat - so I just painted it white & called it good.
http://www.pinballrescue.net/Decals_Apron.html

2 weeks later
#300 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I've got a Royal Guard head but pretty much all the sought-after parts are cut out of there. The score reels, credit unit, bells, etc.. The backglass is toast. Plus, I'm in Illinois. I thought I'd throw it out there. The head was complete seven years ago when I got it and I have been robbing parts ever since. I have probably fixed 10 - 15 pinball machines off of this parts game.

Ha! After much UPS bullshit the backbox arrived, well sort of. Hoov packed it nicely, but of course UPS used it for field goal practice and broke the backglass... then they would not deliver it with broken glass, so they sent it back to Hoov. I did not need the glass but thought it might be cool to hang on the wall, so no great loss. Anyway, once it finally got back to him he shook the glass out, taped it up & resent it back across the country to me. More field goal practice then they delivered.RG backbox.JPG
Upon opening the box, there was not one unbroken wood panel... even the bottom board was cracked in two.

DAMN UPS- hate them!

Again, I really-really appreciate all of Hoov's hard work on shipping this... it's no fault of his that it was destroyed in shipment. I have an awesome set of tools, I can fix it.

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

Mate, i would have so pissed if that is what i received.

No big deal, I just really needed the backboard that holds the score reels anyway. The box was not perfect to start with & I can fix this. It's just wood & it won't be a museum piece....

#312 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

OK, to set the record straight and solve this mystery, per dasvis's instructions, I wrapped the backbox in heavy cardboard after I placed a piece of thin wood paneling over the backglass. The backglass wasn't good enough to go in a machine but would look ok in a game room on a wall. I told the guy at UPS all the recipient wanted was the wood backbox but I included the old backglass in it at his request. The guy told me he couldn't guarantee the glass wouldn't get broke en route and I said it was ok - he only needs the backbox so if it breaks ship it to him anyway.
It almost made it all the way there when they broke the glass and that set the wheels at UPS in motion. They sent an e-mail stating that it would be returned to the sender. I called the next morning and the local office said that it was damaged in transit and there was broken glass - and it was dangerous for the workers to handle it and there may be chemicals involved - so it would have to be sent back. I called 2 other times to check on it and they said it went to 2 wrong locations and they would update the recipient when it arrived. I have waited for about 3 weeks now for them to get back to me telling me the package has been returned to where I dropped it off. I had told dasvis I would remove the broken glass, repackage, and send it back to him - problem is they never contacted me saying it was back at where I dropped it off.
It might have went to a "Damage Center" where they disassemble the damaged item so it's "safe' to be shipped back out - I don't know. Looks like wherever it went they weren't too careful with it.

Again - Thanks Hoov for all of the hassle this one was - no fault of yours whatsoever. I really appreciate it.
Whoever cleaned out the glass did a good job of removal... NO traces were found.
Just thought I would post a photo for some good old UPS humor.

#314 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

They could have done better - I wouldn't be too happy if I were in your shoes. It saddens me to see that pic.

No point in getting all worked up over nothing. It's just pinball.

Heck, I will post a pic of the rebuilt head once it's done...

1 week later
#339 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Looking forward to seeing the pics...........

Coming along... Damn that's a lot of screwing & gluing. Not perfect, but a little cutting & laying in of some thin laminate on the face and I should be able to make it look presentable once filled & painted. Hopefully I got it square, err, wedge. The corner triangular wood braces seem to fit pretty snugly as they should - once the glue sets up I will put those in place.
photo.JPG

1 month later
#405 5 years ago
Quoted from BMHouze:

I could use a queen of diamonds playfield plastic for High Hand.

I think Pinball Rescue in OZ is doing a repro set...

1 month later
#482 5 years ago

Glad I bought a spare last year.

3 weeks later
#535 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

those chutes are very hard to find and if you do they don't come cheap.
I bought a couple parts machines just for those.......

Why are they so tough to come up with ? it's not like it's a wear item....

#583 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Man, I love parts machines. !!

That is for sure. Really, $150.00 for a beater machine is so worth it when you need parts!
My problem is that I usually can't bring myself to part one out & end up dumping $$$ into it for restoration.

#635 4 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

¡Ay, caramba!
Never thought I'd find one at Marco.
I wonder if Steve makes it since it's a Gottlieb part.
Will pull the thread tomorrow.
Thanks.

You never know, I looked everywhere for the spinners on my Gottlieb King Kool --- finally found them @ Marcos... WTF? They were perfect & looked like new old stock. Who would have thought.
Marcos has moved up my list of go to vendors, they have really stepped up their service & parts in the last year or so. Very professional outfit.

1 week later
#659 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Looking for a Bally single player back door. Mid-60's era.

PBR

1 month later
#809 4 years ago

Gottlieb Royal guard -
Still looking for any steppers, score reel sets, credit wheels that go in the head. I have an empty head & populated cabinet. Need parts to complete, do not want to part this out, as the playfield is too nice. No big hurry, it's a couple of games back in the restore queue, but does not hurt to search.

#813 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I think I have most of the guts to a spin a card head (next yr 69)
the real issue is all the wiring, I am sure I would never try to rebuild the head with just parts.
that would be one hell of a job.
I would think that someone has a RG that is trashed, a complete light board would be the way to go.
have you posted a wanted ad on RGP and Mr Pinball
that would be were I would start.

I have the lightboard & backbox (thanks Hoov), & the backglass (thanks, ccotenj)
The wiring is clipped fairly close to where it's supposed to go. I don't think the score reels, credit wheel, or bell will be a big deal, it's the stepper unit & the relay bank that are a bit worrysome.

#816 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Dave,
This is what I sent to dasvis..... It didn't arrive like pictured but that's a whole nother story.....
)

Yeah, thank you UPS!! Asshats.

#819 4 years ago

RG backbox (Small).JPG

A lot of clamping & gluing later.....
bb2 (Small).jpg

Still needs bit of work on the light board, some laminate here & there, a bit of filler, primer & paint and it will be serviceable.

Nothing to see here, move along.

#824 4 years ago

According to Rat T, my Royal guard uses the true Decagon flat sided score reels. Would it be possible to use later reels in this 1968 pin, & if so, what years will work. I have no qualms about making this this beater, err, player condition pin non-original.

#859 4 years ago

Looking for a 0-9 stepper unit the following Gottlieb pins -

Royal Guard
Surf Side
Hi Score
-- or Super Score

Just need one, these all use the same disc B4028 & wiper B6673

#861 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Royal Guard
Surf Side
Hi Score
-- or Super Score

Bump for the morning crowd

#868 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Royal Guard
Surf Side
Hi Score
-- or Super Score

Bump -

#869 4 years ago

Gottlieb "AG" relays needed for my Royal guard project.
All of these use A9735 coils, need -
One 3A
One 2A
One 5A
Two 4A

(these are all normally open switches)

nomenclature off the schematic coil chart, so A=normally open, and the number is the quantity of the switches. '3A' would then be three normally open switches on the coil's switch stack (in the 'ladder').

#874 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Guessing that's the nomenclature off the schematic coil chart, so A=normally open, and the number is the quantity of the switches. '3A' would then be three normally open switches on the coil's switch stack (in the 'ladder').

Indeed - described perfectly.

#875 4 years ago

FYI-
I have am EM Bally Freedom parts machine, just the bottom board & backbox relays, switches, etc.
Some oxidation, but if anyone needs anything let me know!

No backglass or playfield.

#907 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Royal Guard
Surf Side
Hi Score
-- or Super Score

Bump - Still searching...

#908 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Gottlieb "AG" relays needed for my Royal guard project.
All of these use A9735 coils, need -
One 3A
One 2A
One 5A
Two 4A
(these are all normally open switches)
nomenclature off the schematic coil chart, so A=normally open, and the number is the quantity of the switches. '3A' would then be three normally open switches on the coil's switch stack (in the 'ladder').

Found!

#911 4 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Although this one has sold I have had an excellent experience with pinjunk-

I agree. Pinjunk is an A+ seller.

3 weeks later
#999 4 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

I'm looking for a Gottlieb Decagon score unit from the 1970s that I could use to practice disassembly/assembly on. I want to take all 16 reels off my Bronco, and all 16 reels of my Target Alpha, and clean their mechanisms and switches, but would like to practice on a part taken out of another machine first.
Anybody got an extra one they'd be willing to part with (get it, "part")? Heh. Ok, seriously, let me know. I'd pay for the shipping, and would also pay for the part if you wanted to sell one.
Mark

yeah, I have a spare if you want it. PM your address & I will send it to you.

Dasvis

#1000 4 years ago

Anyone have a Gottlieb 3" 10-point bell they can let loose of?
This is the last part needed to complete the backbox on my 1968 Royal guard.

Picked up the 5" 100-point bell this evening thanks to the cool dudes @ Blairally in Eugene, OR
Chad & Dillon are the best!

#1003 4 years ago

I need the whole assembly. Come to think of it, I do have a 3" bell shell by itself in my parts bin, maybe I could rig something up with a knocker.. hmm..

1 month later
#1084 4 years ago

Nice looking empty GTB wedgehead head for sale in Portland area. Will post to CL thread as well. From a Domino/Playmates but presumably could bbe rerpainteed to fit another wedgehead: portland.craigslist.org link

Hmm, tempting. Looks a lot better than the one I "rebuilt" for my Royal Guard...

2 weeks later
#1131 4 years ago

Gottlieb decagon switches needed. Looking for three # B-9576 & one # B-10428

Have three B-9577 & one B-10851 I can trade...

This is for my Arduino Gottlieb score reel clock project.

Gottlieb score reel switch types (Small).jpg

3 weeks later
#1204 4 years ago
Quoted from Noobee:

I know it's a long shot, but I'm looking for the center plastic that sits behind the roto target on a 1972 Gottlieb Grand Slam. The one with the two guys facing each other which holds the two lamps above the roto target.
Or, if someone has a reasonable scan, that would be great!
Mine is in pretty rough shape...

image.jpg

Fun game!
I played the crap out of one of those at the NW pin show in Tacoma this year.

3 weeks later
#1262 4 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

I think so.
I read somewhere that all the 2 and 4 player Gottliebs of that era used the same unit.
Ipdb has a great picture of the inside of the backbox and the wiper.
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2293&picno=63421&zoom=1
If you have it how much would you like for it. Include shipping to NJ. Zip code 08053.
Thanks,
Bert

Yes, the player disc in both Spirit of 76 & Bronco is a C-15275, wiper is same too C-12566

#1285 4 years ago

I bought a set of four of these reels with from bigdaddy1 a few months back. He had two sets at that time, perhaps he still has the other set.
Those can be difficult to find.

#1307 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Looking for a complete Williams Coin Door Lock Coil Assembly that operates the slide bar that actuates the coin mechs. Nothing on ebay. Doesn't have to have a good coil as I can buy that.
First picture is the one that is missing and the second picture is what I am looking for.
TIA
Ken

Williams_Phantom_Gun_II_missing_coil_armature_001.jpg Williams_Phantom_Gun_II_missing_coil_armature_002.jpg

I might have that. I picked up a spare used door for my Aztec a few years back. Will check, but I am leaving for a wedding now. Should have an answer tomorrow.
Dasvis

#1310 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Thanks for taking a look when you get the chance.
Ken

No luck Ken, all I had was just the old bent up door skin.

#1317 4 years ago

I need one of the cashbox lock hasp things- does not show in parts catalog as far as I can tell, see photo, This is a pic from my Royal guard, & from the tell tale holes on my High hand it appears to use the same one.

cashbox hasp (2).JPGcashbox hasp (1).JPG

#1319 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

High Hand would use a zinc plated one (so silver color). (Royal Guard uses the bronze colored one.)
If you care...

Either one would be fine for me. It's no showpiece.

#1347 4 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

But it really doesn't look right with all the Stainless Steel around it. And, if you do chrome the rest of the stuff, you end up with, as I believe Tim Arnold calls them, a Herb Silvers Chrome Whore. Which, I guess some people like.
Me, I prefer the original finish.

Agreed

2 weeks later
#1387 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I could use an original instruction/score cards for World Fair.
And a 3.5" Williams bell unit (the whole assembly).

When I was looking for one of these bells, I considered using one of these:
http://www.tclifesafety.com/gentex-gb6-24-24vdc-wall-mount-bell-red.html

Or maybe something from here with a knocker assy:
http://timesavers.com/c-325497-clock-repair-replacement-parts-bellsgongschime-rodshammers-related-bells.html

I lucked out & found a used one for $10
Dasvis

#1399 4 years ago

Hoov-
I think you could save that.

1 week later
#1460 4 years ago

Which back-door did Gottlieb use on Atlantis? PBR lists two and I don't have the game in my possession yet to know which one it needs. I assume it's the "later" one that goes into the metal track (and not the wooden track) but wanted to confirm.

Mark, are you scared to ask Steve?

#1481 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I have a spare el dorado cab east coast
I could even paint it so all you have to do is transfer the parts...

That's cool - only on the EM side.

2 weeks later
#1515 4 years ago

Speaking of paying it forward, I'm more than happy to offer up that bottom-board from the parted-out Gottlieb Sky jump (and the parts mounted to it) free to anyone who needs it. I'd just need you to cover shipping if not local.

Mark, if that Sky Jump bottom board has a "V" latching relay, I could use it. The one in my High hand is being finicky & I would like another to rebuild as a spare.

-- Dasvis

#1520 4 years ago

I can imagine that Wes is overwhelmed with the logistics of moving !

#1529 4 years ago

Boilerman, is there anything you don't have??

#1549 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Need Team One bumper cap and High Hand plastics

Pinball rescue has had that High hand set in their production schedule for quite a while, nothing yet....

http://www.pinballrescue.net/Playfield_Plastics_Schedule.html

#1555 4 years ago

Let me look. If it's there, it's yours.

Any luck on this one Mark?

#1562 4 years ago

As best I can tell, Sky Jump does not have this kind of relay -- at least I don't see one matching this description. I'm happy to send you some pics in case you see one that I'm just missing, but I don't see any latching relays. Let me know if you think I'm wrong and I'll send pics.

Ok no problem. Was just hoping it did.
Thanks

#1569 4 years ago
Quoted from FunkyFreshWalrus:

Anyone have a nickle coin mech for 1968 Williams EM machine?

PBR did have some NOS nickel coin mechs a while back,l not sure if he still does.

2 weeks later
#1643 4 years ago

Looking for a Gottlieb score reel switch stack # B-9576. This is for my 1973 High Hand 100's reel, someone in the past had bent it up badly & I am having problems keeping it in adjustment. Anyone have a spare?

Gottlieb score reel switch types (Small).jpg

FOUND - Oddly, PBR did not have any. Marcos did. Marcos is not always the cheapest, but wow, what a nice web site.

#1646 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

There is always score reels that come up on ebay, good to have a couple on hand. I would have sent you 1 for the $5 shipping fee.

Rats, oh well. I needed some other odds & ends anyway.
Thanks for the offer!

#1669 4 years ago

Ryan -
See section 4e of Clay's guide, it covers the cheesy Williams chime unit problem exactly:

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

#1671 4 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Great, thanks for the link, dasvis!

Yeah, I suffered with the same thing on my Aztec

1 month later
#1825 3 years ago

Speaking of that "L" bracket, what are you guys using on the front side instead of that crappy foam that Gottlieb used?

1 month later
#1967 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

High Hand backglass anyone? Doesn't have to be perfect - just good.

BG resto has High hand in their files. Been seriously considering it for my faded HH glass.

#1969 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I know they do but this will go to a customer who probably won't want the extra expense. I'll probably have to touch up the one I have but I thought I'd ask. Did you miss that nice one that was on ebay last year? I just searched ebay for one and it came up - it was nice.

Rats, I did not see it.
I do have this one that came out of a parts HH head --- the reds are a lot better than what I have, but the rest of it is, err, well, missing..... it's too bad too, this one was probably pretty nice before it went into a substandard storage area.

IMG_2176_(resized).JPG

Yours Dave if you want it. No guarantees that it will have paint on it when it arrives, it's dropping fast....

#1993 3 years ago

1968 Gottlieb Royal guard - Looking for one of these brackets that secures the apron to the front of the playfield. Did not see a part # for it in any of my vintage parts catalogs. Rusty or pristine, it does not matter, I have Evaporust here & know how to use it.

Royal_guard_apron__bracket_(resized).JPG

#1995 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I have one off my Royal Guard parts game you can have (and no I still don't want your High Hand broken backglass! )

Cool Hoov, at least let me paypal you the postage cost.
You still have my address?
dasvis

Oh yeah, that backglass is not broken, just missing a spot of paint here & there.

#2008 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Found both coils I needed in the parts bin and moved the wire to an unused rivet on the stepper. Now it's fixed just in time for kickoff. No more sparks.
Don't put 24 volt coils on a 50 volt machine!

Rookie.

2 weeks later
#2042 3 years ago

'75 Gottlieb Top score, looking for front wood panel of cabinet. Coin door & hardware is OK, just need a decent front panel. The one in the pin has extensive delamination & is missing chunks.
... or maybe a decent cabinet ...

2 weeks later
#2113 3 years ago

- looking for a 1970's Bally game play counter unit.
1976 Old Chicago, but any 1970's Bally play counter will do.

Never mind, took mine apart & evaporusted, cleaned, reset to zero & reassembled. Works good now.

#2122 3 years ago
Quoted from gottguy:

Looking for the plunger arm and connected step up pawl for a 60's Gottlieb 0-9 stepper unit. My pawl broke off and won't advance the gears. IMG957820.jpg

There was a guy on ebay selling those arms NOS a while back..

#2129 3 years ago

Mark, you bringing that 2001 to the Tacoma show?
Hope so, looking forward to playing a nicely set up example of this classic.
Mike

3 weeks later
#2203 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Thanks for looking o-din but don't worry about it as I am going to the hardware store Friday because I want this done right away and will make my own which will be as good as original, just a bolt, nut, and some heat shrink tape and all will be well in the land of EM pinball.
Ken

Isn't that 5-40 thread on those?

1 week later
#2245 3 years ago

In case anyone's restoring a Williams Gulfstream, here's a guy parting one out, if interested: portland.craigslist.org link

I have bought from that person before. Good guy.

1 month later
#2297 3 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Let the searching commence....
I'm starting to work on a 1947 Bally Ballyhoo flipperless machine. I'm already in need of some parts. If anyone has these or knows of a source for them, I'd love to hear from you. I'm happy to buy them and pay for shipping, of course. Here's what's on the list so far.
First up is this guy. It's like a regular post except it's cut out a bit on top for this bent post. This one is badly broken.

Next is the peg the springs attach to. I'm missing one just below the ball tray.

Of course, as you may have guessed, next is the spring. It takes 4 and the other 3 are all pretty well mangled. This one is rather oxidized but otherwise not bad. They are about 5 inches long hole-to-hole.

I also need a couple of the marbleized posts similar to the red one in that last photo - one in white, one in red and one in blue.
Finally, does anyone have a source for the oval-head screws used in these posts, or any to spare? I need around a dozen. Many of these have been replaced with round head or flat head screws which just look out of place.
Thanks!
Dave

I would check with the Bingo pin guys, they might be able to hook you up with the springs. Post a photo in the Bingo section.

1 week later
#2321 3 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

4Max: I took my Hula girl mechanism apart to examine it. I think if you have an armature, like this one from my spare parts bin, you could attach an arm to it and get it to work. A shot of the original bracket shown as well. If you want I could take more detailed pictures or dimensions from the original.

Looks like you could easily fab an extension & either have it welded to your original, or maybe just JB weld it on. There does not look like it would have a lot of stress placed on it. It just moves the dancer's skirt - correct?

1 month later
#2415 3 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

anyone got a record plastic for a chicago coin top ten?

I do, but the pin is in my restore stockpile. Sorry!

1 month later
#2491 3 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

Need an upper arch for a Wms Grand Prix picked up a basket case with rodent related rust would prefer the original blue but any that can be repainted will work.

I would bet that a bath in Evaporust & a fresh coat of paint would be all it needs. How nasty can it be?

#2494 3 years ago

Agree, Bondo or maybe a few coats of primer sanded flat between coats - depending on how deep the pits are.

Unless of course it's rusted clean thru

1 week later
#2508 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Hi Guys,
I recently bought an EM shuffle bowler project, a 1977 United Thunderbird:

However, it's missing a score reel:

I'm wondering if anyone has one of these lying around. Here's another 1's reel from the same machine:

It has a round housing with a notch in the top to lock into place:

...and at the bottom there's a little wire number to release it (instead of a clip or wingnut):

Here's the coil size (B1-29 1600):

...and the number on the score reel (if that helps):

30B-7295-1, if I'm not mistaken:

Thanks for any help you can spare.
Much appreciated,
Ryan

I think more photos would help.

3 weeks later
#2572 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i never notice a difference in the siderails myself, but the ball lift guide was so thin you could bend it with almost no effort, that is why the top edge is always chewed up.
gottlieb use those aluminum glass guides also but around 64 they switch to plastic. the aluminum will shine up nice but you really don't see them so plastic was cheaper to produce. that is my guess why the changed.

Does anyone reproduce the glass guides?

2 weeks later
#2653 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Still looking for lane guides for an abra ca dabra, or a part number to order from steve, thanks

Red - C15646R

1 week later
#2670 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

It would be nice to see these reproduced as the Williams trademark is not an issue so anyone could make these, so if anyone has the know how and tools to take on such a project please let us know.

I would think that you could take a nice sample to a metal fab shop that had a water jet CNC sheet metal machine they could pop out these with little effort.

--- then just make some water slide decals & you would be set.

3 weeks later
#2698 3 years ago
Quoted from 4Max:

Anyone got one of these Bally "protective angles" lying around?

thanks

Gatecrasher makes these in stainless steel (among other Bally stainless bits). They are 100% better than OEM Bally.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gatecrashers-hardware-vids-review

1 week later
#2735 3 years ago
Quoted from phergott:

In need of a runout switch for a 72 Grand Slam. It's missing a contact on the inside switch blade.
-Chris

Steve @ PBR should have that I would think

#2740 3 years ago
Quoted from phergott:

I will when I have an order ready, but how do I describe a switch that's not in the catalog? -unless all runout switches are the same...

It's a Gottlieb.. Steve would know. Just call & ask.

#2752 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I am working on a Gottlieb Paradise and the plastic guides that hold in some of the score reels are broken and mangled. If someone has two of these plates with the plastic guides in tact, I would really appreciate it. I can't find these on PBR website, but maybe if I had the part number they might be able to locate some?

Nope. Those are NLA. Need to get used holders
Someone should make repros, they would sell

1 week later
#2768 3 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

When I installed my repro Atlantis PF I simply used picture hanging wire. Looks identical and soldered up fine (I was worried about that). Just FYI...

+1. this works great

#2770 3 years ago
Quoted from Chum43:

Just a shot in the dark....
I have a 1970 Gottlieb Baseball that I am trying to find a 5 cent coin mech for.
Let me know if you have one laying about. Not looking for a freebie as they are getting to be rare birds.

Did you check with Steve @ PBR?
I bought a couple of NOS 5¢ coin mechs from him a while back.

#2785 3 years ago

I have some Canadian quarter mechs if anyone needs one or two

1 week later
#2861 2 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Looking for a Williams Credit Unit Metal Guard Shield for my 1964 Heat Wave. Mine was missing when I bought the machine. Nothing currently on eBay. (the one shown is from my 1962 Williams King Pin which uses the same shield)

Maybe - I can't check until this coming weekend. Will advise.......

Dasvis

3 weeks later
#2925 2 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Thanks. I hadn't seen that, they looked similar, but the one I need has a 12-tooth sprocket for a bicycle type chain.

If it does not need to be plastic, you could probably take it to an industrial bearing store. They also sell sprockets & you could probably get a metal one with a solid center. Any decent machine shop could bore it to proper size & put slots as needed.

#2934 2 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I have an original complete assembly for sale out of a parts game.
Send me a pm if you're interested and I can send a pic.

Damn Hoov, how many parts games you got stashed?

#2937 2 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I've had this Super Soccer on Mr. Pinball Classifieds for about 2 years or better. Remember this pic I posted?

Yeah, now THAT is what I call a parts game.

1 week later
#2981 2 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i just use 3 of these
amazon.com link »
i have them all on the same channel so one switch turns on all may machines at once. kills power completely
no need for a switch on the machine. if the machine has a switch it i always on

How many amps are those good for?

2 weeks later
#3000 2 years ago
Quoted from EM-fan:

Dear EM addicts!
For the renovation of my Bally Amigo chime unit, I am looking for some of these black ruber plunger stops, part number R-231-14. These are 1/2" in diameter and fit into a 3/16" hole. Tried some Williams part # 23-6577, but these are made for a bigger hole of 1/4".
Any idea where to get these? Or does anyone have any of these around still? They were used on the Bally SS chimes as well - thus not "EM" only.
Thanks so much! Axel

Try a local hardware store, or McMaster Carr https://www.mcmaster.com/#standard-bumpers/=16807ft
--- or maybe drill out the hole to accept the Williams bumpers

1 month later
#3154 2 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I think I have a complete roto unit off of a Grand Slam I did many years ago.
Shoot me a pm and I'll dig around.

Is there anything you don't have Hoov?

raiders_of_the_lost_ark_warehouse_scene (resized).jpg
How I imagine Hoov's stash of pin parts..

#3160 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrian:

Hi,has anyone repaired stripped out holes under a playfield.and what did you use.any help ,ideas.thanks.it is the slingshot bracket.

I would just fill them with epoxy & re-drill. Of course, you would need to turn the playfield upside down & level or you would have a big mess.

3 weeks later
#3213 2 years ago

If anyone has been looking for the white credit lens on the apron, PBR just posted this...

04/12/17 Credit Lens

Ya know, sometimes the simplest parts solution brings a smile to my face. Over the years we have had untold inquiries about a part that hardly ever shows up in any catalog, but is apparent when it is missing. Wondering what that is? Bally and WIlliams games from the 70's. Bottom arch. White. Round. Lights up......credit lens!

In the 70's both Bally and Williams (also Sonic) used a white plastic snap-in lens on the bottom arch (bowtie) above the left instruction card to indicate that you had credit. When it is there, you dont think about it. When it is missing, there is an empty hole begging to be filled.

Fixed. Found a substitute. Cheap. In stock. Dont know why I didnt think of/find it sooner. Hindsight is so 20/20!

Our part number WLL-3A7266, cost is 50 cents. Part is white and snaps into a 3/4" diameter hole. Fits Bally, Williams, Sonic.

Now off to the next (hopefully simple) problem.

Steve

2 weeks later
#3257 2 years ago

I am considering picking up a 1949 Genco Rip Snorter. It is missing backglass, backbox (but the lightboard & mecanicals are there), & it looks like pop bumper caps are missing. How tough are Genco's to get parts for?
I really want a woodrail, but I don't want a money pit. Initial cost is cheap.

#3261 2 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

How tough are Genco's to get parts, they are the hardest to find at least around here. might not be worth the trouble IMO

Well, maybe I should pick it up & part it out then, though I really don't like to destroy a potentially restorable pin. The playfield looks really nice.

#3263 2 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

what is the title, and how much is missing that needs to be replaced?

See post 3257

#3265 2 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

sorry i missed it.
i like the title name. how much do you need to find to make it playable? how is the pf & bg?

Again, see post 3257
Agree, title name is cool
Playfield looks really nice, cabinet is average for the age & appears to sport the original paint.

#3267 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Thanks RacingPin I got the package today. This will be going in a new friend's first EM pin as I redesign a terrible circuit for him that is causing problems, alongside of another fix I did earlier, so he can have a reliable EM pin that will play for years.

Be sure to document your field fix & place it in the game, it will save someone a big hassle years down the road when it does not show on the schematic.

2 weeks later
#3330 2 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Well getting tired of waiting for PBR to get these in as Jimmy said last time I talked to him they would be available in March and it is now the middle of May and still nothing. I am replacing all 7 white Inserts on a Heat Wave with new as the old were severely cupped.
So anyone have just one of these brand new they can part with? I already have the other 6. Cannot use used. PM me if you do.
TIA
Ken
1” Opaque White
Playfield Insert

Pinball life shows these in stock.

1 month later
#3424 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Negatory. He doesn't have the green one. My brother works there, and he asked Steve personally. I don't know why he doesn't have the green one, because I think he does have the red and yellow ones.

Jimmy is your bro?

3 weeks later
#3480 2 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

My guess is that he had enough of a certain poster on Pinside and needed a break. Miss his insight and contributions.

Said certain poster has also departed.

1 week later
#3500 2 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I guess its all what the individual feels is worthy of saving as I have heard of folks bringing games like Top Card and Sure Shot to HSA for playfield restoration which I doubt they will ever recover their money into it, but they wanted those games pristine and I'm glad they saved them.

Top card is a real sleeper. First glance it looks super boring, no drops, just a ring of stand up around the edges.
I have played Tim M's very nicely restored example @ the PNW show the last couple of years, really a fun game. Man, once you manage to light the specials you can get them cracking off rapid fire.
I had had one in the restore queue for a few years, I need to get that one done!

#3506 2 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Brown plastic was just a cost savings thing. You could also use the nicer chrome one.
I didn't search but they used to be available as NOS blanks without the Williams logo.

I vote the chrome one

#3521 2 years ago
Quoted from Shiny_balls:

Looking for a 1 1/2" long machine screw #3-48
PBR don't have it....he said...."the longest we have is 1" "
Thanks!
EDIT: So sorry, my bad....it's 5-40, not 3-48

I might, will check tonight

3 weeks later
#3567 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I am looking for a set of bonus balls for Top Score/300....I understand this might be a tall order. Willing to pay.
Or if anyone knows of a substitute...that would be great too.

I thought that a pinsider Mike Vitale aka "Racingpin" was repro-ing these.

4 weeks later
#3617 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

Hi guys, I need a 3/4" wire form for a gottlieb. If some has one from any game I will take it.

Why not just make one? It's pretty basic... Marcos has the material & a bender.

2 months later
#3712 1 year ago
Quoted from Jlescher19:

dasvis,
I know its been two years but Ill take a stab at it:
I need the End Of Game relay and switch stack from the reset Bank from your Bally Freedom. I need it for a Odds and Even machine which I am sure is the same. The relay is the last one in the reset bank and hard to get to unless you already have that bank in hand.
Please let me know if you can help.
John

OK, no problem. It's at my storage - will need to go dig it out this weekend & see if I have what you need.

1 week later
#3749 1 year ago

Looking for a decent 3-chute coin door for my 1968 Gottlieb Royal Guard. Not really wanting to spend the $100 for the PBR repro if I can help it.

1 week later
#3772 1 year ago

Looking for a couple of coin door parts for my ongoing 1968 Gottlieb Royal guard restore, but the parts from any late 1960's Gottlieb will work as long as they have the brass-like plating....

IMG_3205 (resized).JPG
I'm missing the bar that bolts across the back of all coin mech holders (photo is from my High hand, I need a brass-like plated one).

IMG_3207 (resized).JPG
Someone had a crowbar in the coin return hole & bent the crap out of this part. I could use mine, but would prefer a non-boogered one.

#3776 1 year ago

'74 Bally Amigo - Need correct spinner, for some reason this looks wrong........
Spinner (resized).JPG

#3778 1 year ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Evil Kenival!
Isn't Amigo just standard Bally red diamond? Someone sells nice mylar stickers for those.

I hope so, but I don't know. The pics on IPDB are not very good.......

#3781 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Looks like mine had an Aztec spinner on it. Never noticed it. I don't have the game anymore.

Yeah, every one I can find a photo of seems to have a different spinner. That thing must take a beating. I think I'm going to put the Bally red diamond decal on it and call it a day.

#3790 1 year ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Funny, three different spinners on IPdB.
One Aztec
One Middle Earth
One Eight Ball
I certainly don't remember ever seeing a Chicken spinner. And I used to play the game as a kid. With all those substitute spinners, I guess I can't trust mine being the orignal Red diamond.
And sorry JR, I knew I was butchering EK's name while I was typing. Just too lazy to look it up.

Yeah, the chicken spinner might be tough to come up with. Will ask Steve, but he's a Gottieb guy.....

#3793 1 year ago
Quoted from EM-fan:

Here is the way it looked like originally. Back side is a similar thing im blue.
Axel

Yeah, I have never seen that one before...

#3794 1 year ago

More missing parts on my '74 Bally Amigo, a coin entry bracket & .25 cent stainless coin entry plate.
I have an extra "two plays for a quarter" plastic in my parts bin, just need the two metal pieces that hold it in...

bracket (Medium) (resized).jpg

#3796 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballly:

Here is mine on the Backside...
Greets
Michael

Any chance you could scan both sides? I could make a couple of decals & mylar over the top..

#3797 1 year ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Yeah, the chicken spinner might be tough to come up with. Will ask Steve, but he's a Gottieb guy.....

No dice @ PBR

#3807 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

That's one active cock!

I see what you did there.

#3819 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Best I can do with the blue image, its a bit low resolution for my meager photoshop skill set.
Three red chicken is with the image filled in with paint bucket tool so it is mostly solid.

Nice. I think I can work with that.
Will see what I can do!
Thanks

1 month later
#3933 1 year ago
Quoted from hoov:

I just tore down a Captain Card playfield and it's missing a 3" lane guide (one side cut off).
I'd like to get a used one that will blend with the other lane guides and playfield posts on this game. (PBR's are a bright white and I don't care for the new color).

I might Hoov, let me dig thru my High hand leftovers

#3936 1 year ago

Hoov - No dice, looks like I reused the old yellowed ones on my High hand, all I have in my parts stash is a pair of old 1-1/2" lane guides. Sorry!

1 week later
#3987 1 year ago
Quoted from Skidave:

Mid '70s EM. I'm looking for a 15/16 ball for a Bally roller track tilt assembly. Also looking for the coin return swing flap for the Bally coin door.
Send me a PM if you have anything.
Thanks

Cliffy's has reproduced the Bally coin door flaps........http://www.passionforpinball.com/blycoin.htm

#3997 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Got past any issues with Steve 20 years ago.
It’s old home week if I ever need to call and get Steve on the phone.

Yup, he's one of the greats in the pinball world for sure.

3 months later
#4354 1 year ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Does anyone have these two Gottlieb mechs? There are grooves worn into mine and they're now completely useless. The springs associated with them would also be amazing! Thanks!

I bought some of those on Ebay brand new a while back, might check there

4 months later
#4576 1 year ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Anybody have either of these Gottlieb mech parts?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I bought a couple of the levers that are in your hand on ebay a while back - brand new old stock.

1 month later
#4725 11 months ago

Looking for used wiring harnesses - cloth covered. Don't need to be complete, just need some decent correct striped wire for spot repairs.
Working on a '74 Bally Amigo, this has to be the end of the line for cloth covered wires used in pins. I was surprised when I opened it up.

#4732 11 months ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Looking for a good Hearts & Spades playfield. Keith Hokbrook redid mine and UPS proceeded to lose it on its return trip to CT from TX.
Finders fee or Reward if you have one or locate mine. PM if you want the UPS tracking info.

Damn, that sucks

#4742 11 months ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Seems like PA and NJ are in the EM sweet spot. At least they have that

That’s for sure.

#4749 11 months ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i need a bakelite service outlet for the bottom board. with all the bottom boards i have stacked up not one has the out

I have one out of my Bally Freedom. Yours if you want it.

#4751 11 months ago
Quoted from boilerman:

thanks, the bally one should be almost he same.

OK, PM your address & I will mail it out today.
No charge, we love you man!

#4754 11 months ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Hey guys, I'm working on a 1949 Gottlieb woodrail. I'm looking for a ball lift rod and whatever else goes with it.
Here's what I'm working with:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Does anyone have the right parts sitting around to help me lift my balls!? I tried browsing through Pinball Resource, but couldn't find what I'm looking for.
Thanks!

A truss, aka Fred Garvin

#4778 10 months ago

Bally Amigo bonus unit (resized).jpg

Need a complete bonus unit for a 1974 Bally Amigo, I borrowed the photo from an archived for sale ad - maybe whoever bought the lot of parts still has this?

2 weeks later
#4825 10 months ago
Quoted from hoov:

Looking to buy a coin entrance housing for a Gottlieb recessed coin door ('76-'83) for a Jack's Open project I'm working on.
Have parts to trade too.[quoted image]

Maybe, will check tonight

1 week later
#4862 9 months ago

Still looking for a complete bonus unit for my Bally Amigo

#4867 9 months ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Looking for a Bally 3 hole Female Jones Plug for the "2nd chute Coin Adjustment" pictured below as one of the hole receptacles broke off. A Gottlieb or Williams plug will do as well just want it to be a 3 hole one to keep the game original. PM me with what you got, price, and condition.
TIA,
Ken
[quoted image]

Pretty sure I have one from my Freedom parts machine if you still need one. Let me know.

#4876 9 months ago

Looking for two 3.25” wire lane guides like this. These are from my Bank-a-Ball and I’d like to replace with two that aren’t broken.
I couldn’t find these on PBR (only could see plastic lane guides) but maybe I was looking in the wrong place.[quoted image]

Mark -
These are very easy to make as well. Marco has a decent kit available - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-WS-KIT

1 month later
#4978 8 months ago
Quoted from b0bgagn0n:

Hi,
I am trying to bring back to life a 1975 Gottlieb Abra Ca Dabra and the Wiper disc on the Ball Count unit is broken in half
I am looking for the Wiper Disc itself but would also be interested in buying the entire ball count unit if you have it.[quoted image][quoted image]

I would call Steve @ PBR

#4987 8 months ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I have either/both pm me if you still need

Pinside rocks!

1 week later
#5030 7 months ago

Need one (or better yet) two flipper button assemblies for my 1974 Ball Amigo project, only used 1974 Sky king thru 1975 Wizard. Bally Assy # AS2443-2 -- Anyone?
button. (resized).JPG

button.. (resized).JPG

#5031 7 months ago

Also looking for one or two Bally coin door switch covers # P6297-1 for my 1974 Amigo project

cover (1) (resized).JPGcover (2) (resized).JPGcover (3) (resized).JPG

1 month later
#5140 6 months ago

Maybe. Is a Bally Freedom board correct?

#5142 6 months ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

The PCB will have the number on the front of the board, easy to read to. There are a few ones that look the same but have slight differences like the score wheel ones, so checking for the number is best. Also some have 2 PCB's on them but only one side may be that number.
Thanks,
Ken

Went down to my storage today & no dice. Bunch of score reels, relays, chimes, etc..... but no 0-90 unit

3 weeks later
#5188 5 months ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

I need a 1974 or 1975 or 1976 4p Bally game to rob for parts..

I have a 1976 Bally Freedom head & bottom board. What parts do you need?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
1,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Weedsport, NY
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
€ 8.40
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside