IMG_2395 (resized).JPG
IMG_2394 (resized).JPG
aztec1 (resized).jpg
gtbparadise.jpeg
20240325_122857.jpg
20240325_105918 (resized).jpg
IMG_0448 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chas10e.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3414 6 years ago

paintpins I shot you a PM here

6 months later
#3782 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Yeah, every one I can find a photo of seems to have a different spinner. That thing must take a beating. I think I'm going to put the Bally red diamond decal on it and call it a day.

the flyer on IPDB is a little grainy but you can tell it isn't a diamond http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=71&picno=4009&zoom=1

I found this image what looks like Pin MAME or something and shows the spinner saying "Bally" and seems like what is on the flyer http://irpinball.org/screenshots/amigo.jpg

1 month later
#3960 6 years ago
Quoted from Heaterguy:

I have scoured the net for the small williams rectangular plastic drop targets (for a 77' Liberty Bell.) Pinball resources is the only site I could find that had them listed but were "Out of stock"
I would have thought planetarypinball would have had them but they only have the single hole ones. This machine has 2 rivet holes and is only about 1.5"x1".

Steve @ PBR doesn't always update his web-sight when stuff comes back in stock. wouldn't hurt to give him a call.

1 month later
#4045 6 years ago
Quoted from 85Txaggie:

Nip It Gator Coil

what voltage does this thing operate at & what resistance is the coil supposed to be ?

I have discovered "mechanical laminated solenoids" that are the same frame size as my zipper flipper close solenoid , the one I had purchased was like 150 ohms & if I needed to would probably need to rewind the coil. The good zipper flipper solenoid I have reads about 9 ohms and about 50v when energized

this is the one I purchased ebay.com link: Bottle Release Solenoid For Old Cavalier and Vendo Slant Shelf Soda Machines

1 month later
#4173 5 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

What happens when the motor is energized, nothing, or does it smoke?

probably best to put an ohm meter on it if zero resistance it's shorted , slight possibility the short is close to the lugs & only have to snip less than a few inches off the windings.

maybe try to locate a local electric motor shop to rewind it

3 weeks later
#4264 5 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Thanks, CactusJack. I bought one just like what you pictured (3A, 125V -- hopefully that's right?) at Lowe's and will splice the wires.

3 Amps seems like to small a rating, what us a main fuse rating for your machine ?

this one is motor rated for 10 Amps

ebay.com link: Gardner Bender GSW 21 Maintained Contact Push Button Switch SPST Push

(still can't easily find solder lugs though , wonder if a Marine supply would have one on the shelf

#4266 5 years ago

Not sure. Will have to check. There’s a 6A 125 toggle switch at Lowe’s I could get instead. Was hoping to go with the push switch to keep it more original looking, but if that 3A 125v wont work?....

it may work for a short while but might not hold-up, the one I listed on Ebay is also for sale @ Home Depot around here anyways. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gardner-Bender-10-Amp-Single-Pole-Maintained-Contact-Push-Button-Switch-Black-1-Pack-GSW-21/100147727

#4269 5 years ago

I was wrong — it’s 6A 125v — but I do think the button thread body is bigger than the plate as you said.
Before I take the old switch out and put a new one in, what’s the easiest way to confirm that it’s the switch that’s bad and not something else? Can I jumper the switch with the game unplugged it and plug it in?

continuity test with machine unplugged should work

1 month later
#4356 5 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

Does anyone have these two Gottlieb mechs? There are grooves worn into mine and they're now completely useless. The springs associated with them would also be amazing! Thanks!

could that groove be welded & ground back down to original condition ?

1 year later
#5287 4 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hey all, I hate to be That Guy<tm>, but I need one of these clips pictured.
My cat has mine, and won't tell me where he's hid it.
If you can help, lemme know please![quoted image]

I got some of these from Home depot: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-3-32-in-Zinc-Plated-External-Hitch-Pin-2-Piece-808828/204276243

One flew off someplace & I don't have a cat to blame it on

9 months later
#6214 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdog50:

This is a long shot but gotta try --- I have a 1960 Bally Ball Park pitch and bat and need the rubber posts shown in the pic. They go in front of the openings for each type of hit. Probably a one of a kind but hoping someone has these weird posts sitting in a box they don't know what they are for.
They are 1 7/8 inches tall.[quoted image][quoted image]

those look like they were some kind of "u channel"

http://www.hechtrubber.com/Catalog/Pages/Page-53.htm part #11046 ?

dunno if this company can source it in white but might be worth a try

1 week later
#6298 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

I had a hell of a time trying to find the coil assembly for Bally Nip-It.
It turned out to be a industrial door lock.
It is possible the coil you are looking for could be in the same family.

A reliable source was found for the 120V "balligator" solenoid https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nip-it-gator-solenoid-is-available

Do you recall the source you found for the 50V zipper flipper solenoid ?

Looks like some good info here too http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#zips

1 month later
#6469 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

Also found a large box of mostly used pins that can go as well. Photos attached.
[quoted image][quoted image]

shot you a PM

2 months later
#6784 3 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

I hadn't even thought of them. So used to ordering my SS parts from PBL and Marco.
Does anyone know what this part is called or part number? I don't see it in the PP parts books. It's the little thingee clamped onto the arm that's circled in green, and missing from the one circled in pink (coil removed to replace a broken coil stop). This is a Williams '70 "left bonus unit". It's missing from the "right bonus unit" also, so possibly neither arm is supposed to have it?
[quoted image]

http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_1971-1972/index.html#/13/zoomed

"Drive arm" ... the pic in the parts manual denotes the extra material on your green circled one and no extra material on your red circled one, I guess it's "new & improved"

1 year later
#8349 2 years ago

looking for 1 Bally roll-over assembly and associated parts:

the plastic button only can be sourced at Marco: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-587-6

I need all the items in the pic: the switch blade stop with metal wafer shaped washer, the plastic roll-over with keep & tiny washer , the metal housing that screws into the playfield and the larger washer there.

shipping would be to 03904

IMG_2366 (resized).JPGIMG_2366 (resized).JPG
1 year later
#9444 1 year ago
Quoted from petebest:

Hi -
Im looking for a couple random parts
Parts are for a late 60s Bally pinball.
I’m needing:
- “quarter” coin entry plastic
- coin entry bezel for quarters
Happy to pay for shipping too, of course
Sample pic below
Thx!
Pete Best
[quoted image]

Quite awhile ago I bought the nickle & dime bezels with corresponding plates from member paintpins he may still have the quarter bezel & plate (or another one) , it would be worth shooting him a message.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.

2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 24.98
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chas10e.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread?tu=chas10e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.