Topic Stats

• 4,459 posts
  • 437 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by ZNET
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,294 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180915_193031 (resized).jpg
IMG_0234 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180911_014055 (resized).jpg
20180907_220148 (resized).jpg
IMG_0978 (resized).jpg
P1170275 (resized).JPG
s-l64(2) (resized).jpg
010 (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
s-l64 (resized).jpg
s-l64(1) (resized).jpg
s-l500 (resized).jpg
15977055_437511223039739_7260610484645495648_n (resized).jpg
IMG_20180816_184227 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180822_143653 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180816_185139 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 4 years ago

i need:

a straight late 60's/early 70's gtb lockdown bar (i know i'm not alone there)... don't care how scratched or nasty looking it is, just needs to be straight...

i have:

gtb door parts...
gtb and wms score reels/parts...
gtb and wms stepper parts...
"aged" gtb pf posts and a few bumper caps...
a random collection of crap in piles...

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Thought it an idea to have a thread for all those parts we can't find. Thread may sink into oblivion but I will start it!
Looking for a good condition Gottlieb AAB coin door ( 1975 ). Light surface rust is ok, but no dents or dings. The AAB has only 2 holes, instead of 4 that pbr sells.

do you mean 2 holes like this one?

image-35.jpg

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Hey, were did you get an AAB door? As close as your gonna get huh?

i hate to admit it, but i don't recall where i got that... it didn't come from any of the machines i have...

one of these days you will talk me into one... that day just hasn't come yet...

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Need the armiture/linkage (not sure what to call it) for the match unit on a Surf Champ. Without it my match won't cycle.

that's an AS stepper, correct? i can never keep track of what machines use what...

if it is an AS stepper, pbr has the parts... you might as well replace the ratchet while you have it apart too... part numbers:

A-14044 - assembled armature
D-8755 - ratchet

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, I've seen that hack. The metal piece is probably available from PBR.

what piece of metal are we talking about? i may have one in the "metal pile of crap"...

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

post a pic, I may be able to help you out. Is it turned inward on one end, curved out on the other?

yea, a pic would be helpful... it is listed in the parts catalog, but not pictured...

Quoted from fflint_18:

I'm interested.
PM sent.
Thanks

ooo, that would be cool if you could finally square that away...

#99 4 years ago

i could use some wedgehead cash boxes...

1 week later
#176 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Still looking for a backbox for my headless 1968 Gottlieb Royal guard......... Really hate to part this thing out, It's actually in really nice shape.

i wonder if "we" (the em community) could piece one together for you... there aren't any unique parts in it, although the wiring harness might be tough to acquire...

i have a bg that i'd donate to the cause, it is burnt pretty bad in the "guard" lettering, but otherwise not too bad...

lets get that royal guard back to life...

#178 4 years ago

^^^

yea, that's kind of along the lines of what i was thinking... i've got a bg and "empty" heads are available... just gotta find (or piece together) the guts...

#193 4 years ago

^^^

that would be a good start if the wiring harness still exists...

to quote the great herm edwards, "we can build on this!"...

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from Hyperball91:

Anybody have a "Drop-A-Card" ('71 Gottlieb) they need some parts for?
Here's a machine being parted out just down the road from me. Another pin bites the dust.
cosprings.craigslist.org link

dasvis, grab that replay unit...

edit: i believe those score reels would be correct as well... someone will have to confirm...

almost there...

#206 4 years ago

props to hoov for taking care of me on cash boxes...

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

Free Bally skill roll backglass - in poor shape (DC/VA area). What do people do with bad glasses when they upgrade to better ones???
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-backglass-bally-skill-roll-dc-pittsburgh
JeffC

just hand onto them until someone needs them, or hang them on the wall.... someone always needs one sooner or later...

fwiw, i have a "target pool" and a "jacks open" that are pretty ugly if anyone needs them...

#214 4 years ago

that looks like someone along the line put "wrong" reels in it... i believe (and jr i believe) that those should be the reels that actually have a resemblance to decagons, rather than round...

dammit, i wish i had an encyclopedic memory like some seem to have... but they "look like" they are the right assemblies with the wrong reels...

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Ok, it probably should be posted elsewhere, but look at this!! HOLY CRAP.
Jukes, parts, Slots, Bingo pins, Shuffle bowlers ...
" target="_blank">portland.craigslist.org link
Too bad I am booked this weekend, it's a 4 hour straight shot down I5 for me.... Medford, OR
Dasvis

wow! lotta cool stuff listed...

this is one case where i'm glad i'm not closer... i could easily spend way too much money on that stuff...

#218 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Well, I'm don't care if it's 100% original. Just want it to work. I may pickup the whole backbox assy for future parts needs

either way, it would be unoriginal, since royal guard has the "bronzy" parts... i'm just not sure enough to say "yes, those will fit"...

not a bad idea... can always use parts...

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

not a pin but I am always on the lookout for extra players for a '68 Bally World Cup EM game.

IMG_3419.JPG 198 KB

that is WAY cool....

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I have a sample DaC it is round
6-71 4 square were 10 sided had bronze hardware
10-71 astro were 10 sided had zinc hardware
11-71 drop a card were round so it looks like they made the change with drop a card
3-72 flying carpet round
3-72 pop a card round

thanks dave for clearing that up... i knew the 4 square ones were 10 sided (i've had them apart enough times ) but couldn't figure out when they made the change...

so it looks like they went from bronze after 4 square but either before or with astro... similar to other areas where they made changes in machines, i'd guess they were using up the last of the 10 sided reels on the new zinc assemblies before switching to the round ones...

they could have made life easier for us if they only had made major component changes at year end...

5 months later
#522 3 years ago

dirt, they used a similar drop on several juke wallboxes... might be able to scavenge something from one of those...

#542 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I have a few chutes, but aren't there two different lengths that they used?
Here's what I have all would need a little cleanup.

CoinChutes.jpg 160 KB

yea, there were two different ones of that style, but those are for the more "modern" doors (both the small and large door)... one of them has the bracket mounted slightly further back... boilerman and i went a bit crazy trying to figure this out awhile ago...

the ones he is looking for are the ones with the "flat" face plate for coin entry... and as others have noted, they are rather difficult to find...

i don't believe they'd be hard to repro though... just a matter of someone being properly motivated to do so...

#546 3 years ago

i *think* i have a few of the 10 sided ones... i'll poke through my score reel box this morning and see...

#553 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

I need a 2 10 sided plastic reels for a Target Pool I just picked up. The previous owner went to town and cleaned them good. I had two in my spare parts bin, need two more. There are some on ebay but I dont need the whole assy., just the plastic reel.
Thanks
Ken

20141230_151820.jpg 90 KB

Quoted from ccotenj:

i *think* i have a few of the 10 sided ones... i'll poke through my score reel box this morning and see...

yup, i've got a couple you can have... drop me a pm with your snail mail and i'll send them out to you....

#554 3 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

Anyone spot anything they can use?

101_6450.JPG 239 KB

101_6449.JPG 238 KB

in picture 1, i could use the metal ball arch and the switch plate...

#564 3 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

They're yours. I can mail out right after new years. I just need you to pm me address. And , uh, this is embarrassing, what a metal bar arch and switch plates are.

no need for embarassment...

in the very first pic you posted...

switch plated are the square brass colored things... with a hole or a pushbutton in the center of them...

the arch is that silver colored metal piece that is arched in the middle with screw holes on either flat side of the arch...

thanks for sharing your stash with us...

#569 3 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

cco, this stuff?

101_6452.JPG 188 KB

bingo! pm coming...

#570 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's like a feeding frenzy around here.

e9e5508ec434d5fb0249bb298e48ff47... 45 KB

yes, that thought did occur to me... showing "us" a boxfull of useful parts is kinda like chumming for sharks...

#579 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Super idea posting your Or parts pictures you're willing to part with it I'll do the same anyone else?

Quoted from way2wyrd:

Great offer Jester and John!! Im sure this will help bring some EMs back to life.
hmmm I think i need to take a picture of the junk box
--Jeff

indeed it is a super offer...

i will take one as well, but i will have to actually unbury the junk box from all the other junk...

that being said, while i was digging out the gtb reels for ken earlier today, i also found a box full of wms score reels and various parts from wms steppers... no complete steppers though... i cannot remember when or where i acquired these... so if anyone needs wms reels, i have a few of those as well...

#585 3 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Really bad backglass, thrashed playfield, cheap purchase price = Part machine to me. Not every game needs to be saved. Parts games bring better ones back to life!

cj, i'm glad you posted this... it reminds those of us who are still relatively new that "save every machine" isn't viable and that it is ok to kill a machine...

i have a machine sitting in my shed that is beat in the way you describe, plus has several visible (and heaven knows how many not immediately visible) hacks... iow, the time it would take to make it run and "playable" wouldn't be worth the end result... and it was cheap...

but i haven't been able to bring myself to part it out... it helps that i have zero need for bally parts, but it's hard to get over the mental hurdle of killing off something that they don't make anymore...

#611 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Need a Target Pool backglass. Yes Ron webb has them and will most likely buy from him unless...
And need a CardWiz glass (bgrestro)

i've got a target pool bg, but it's not great... i bought the repro from ron, it is up to his usual standards...

my name is chris, and i am a bg whore... it's sick, but i'll spend more money on a bg than the rest of the machine is worth...

#613 3 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I gotta admit, I read that wrong.

roflmao! yea, i can see how...

#615 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Would you sell it? Thats my problem, spent $200 on the machine and now Im going to sink 300 for a bg? The pf is really nice though. Post a pic of your used bg. Otherwise Ron will get the biz once he's open again.
Gawd, temped to replace the pf targets (the generic ones) 15 times $4, $60 for targets, but I'd get Boilerman busy

sure... i'll take some pics later on this afternoon for you...

i am tempted to replace the targets on mine as well, and if the ball targets were available, i'd definitely be writing a check to steve and making a drive to see boilerman... just replacing the posts and pop bumper cap spruced it up quite a bit, and new targets would really be nice...

#619 3 years ago

yea, the only thing really holding me back from doing those is that then the ball targets would look even worse...

hmmm... never thought of trying to spray paint them...

#622 3 years ago

target pool bg... like i said, not great...

image.jpg

image-620.jpg

#624 3 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

Nice nail polish Chris

i went silver for the holidays....

#630 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Ask Steve anyway. He has had some of these parts in the past.

yea, i was able to get 9 position one from him... it was used, but it did what i needed...

#640 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I have a separate post but figured I would through this up here as well since I know you EM guys probably have some of these sitting in a box in the coal cellar.....looking for a 5 cent coin mech to put in my Bally Skill Roll game. If you have one please pm me!
as for

Surprised at you Chris as I would expect some sparkles in that nail polish!!!

$_57.JPG 82 KB

nickle coin mechs are as rare as hen's teeth, sadly... they pop up on fleabay every now and then, but most people who have them hang on to them to use in machines...

i didn't want to be too flashy...

#644 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Appreciate the offer to help but I did order one of ePay so I no longer need one (of course as soon as I say this you know something will go wrong with the transaction )
Yeah my grandparents had a coal cellar in their house! Once they converted to a gas furnace the coal cellar became a workshop area for my grandfather. To this day the coal chute is still there (outside of the house)! Guy that owns the place now said he keeps it for nostalgia purposes!

cool, glad you got one...

the "door" into my basement was the coal chute... judging from how many tons of coal chitters i dug out of my back yard, they used coal for quite awhile in here before converting to oil... the radiators were retrofitted in somewhere along the line... house originally had gas lights too...

no wonder they had so many fires in "the bad old days"...

#652 3 years ago

thanks to jesster for the parts... arrived safe and sound this week...

3 weeks later
#699 3 years ago

gonna strip this motor board down this week... anyone need anything? i'm gonna hang onto the score motor and a few other things, but lemme know if you need anything off it...

image.jpg

image-33.jpg

#701 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Chris I need a A9736 coil if there is one

no love... a bunch of a9735's, one a9738 (a bit toasty), and some a9740/41/42's...

#724 3 years ago

how many reels you need? i believe i have a few... you need the assemblies, or just the wheel?

#729 3 years ago

hyperball91 is who you are looking for...

2 weeks later
#773 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I am in need of the big 100 point bell that the monkey hits in the back glass of Central Park. Some previous owner decided he would paint it with thick gold paint. I have contacted PBR and they don't stock them.
Another part I am after is the center plastic for Central Park. It is the one with the picture of the Monkey pulling on the guy's tie.

might want to see if you can get the paint off the one you have... "big bells" are as rare as hen's teeth...

#798 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Always played too much. good luck.

yup...

it's relatively easy to find "not so good" games with nice pf's... but "good" games lasted quite awhile on route, and their pf condition reflects it...

i could use a nice jacks open pf if anyone has one though...

#800 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Or, you can see if there's enough interest to keep Wade in business until he retires (as is the case here lately with all the playfield re-runs)

true... wonder if there's enough demand for jo to get one done...

i wish i had the skills to do pf work...

#810 3 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Gottlieb Royal guard -
Still looking for any steppers, score reel sets, credit wheels that go in the head. I have an empty head & populated cabinet. Need parts to complete, do not want to part this out, as the playfield is too nice. No big hurry, it's a couple of games back in the restore queue, but does not hurt to search.

hmm... i know that both boilerman and pinhead52 (dave and ken) should have the score reel cage... between the group of us, we should be able to come up with enough decagon assemblies (i'll check my decagon box and see what i've got)...

1 week later
#836 3 years ago

someone get drano the parts, i wanna play that at allentown...

#854 3 years ago
Quoted from tuffano:

those new plastics from PBR are beautiful

imo, new plastics really dress up a machine... especially if you re-post it too...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Blandon, PA
$ 104.00
€ 8.40
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside