aztec1 (resized).jpg
gtbparadise.jpeg
20240325_122857.jpg
20240325_105918 (resized).jpg
IMG_0448 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240312_160646 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boblangelius.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3970 6 years ago

Need Coin Door for Doodle Bug. Have door skin, but need the inside guts...

1 week later
#4009 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Yes, they would. The most challenging part is making the 3D Cad file.

I f you need a 3d file send me a sample and i'll draw it up for you.

Bob

Pm me

#4017 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Jeff,
Bob Langelius above also offered to create the 3D image if someone has a physical part he can model it from.
Mike

I can do it no problem, If interested PM me. Needs to get to me soon though, as i am out of the country on the first of April.

You can see some of my stuff over on Pinballmakers in the 3d area, i drew many of the Solidworks 2013 and 2015 items.

Bob

3 weeks later
#4058 6 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Thanks all, if can't find one, going to try the jb weld technique. Happen to already have some. And appreciate the tips on layering Mark. Was thinking of small strips of plumbers tape for reinforcing. And was going to use painters or packing tape on the front with the piece nestled into a bunched up towel to hold it together while gluing. Hoping to get to it this weekend. Will post pics of outcome. Sadly, the person I bought it from had just broken it when someone ran a cart handle into it. While flipperless are not worth much, the backglass on this is beautiful and looks perfect, so want to get the rest of the game looking good and working soon. edit: Forgot to mention, if can't get it fixed or find one, will consider the 3D printing. But don't have any experience and haven't seen how metal parts turn out.

JB weld is ok, but you are better off doing this with Epoxy and fibre glass strips... Rough up the inside with 80 grit Sandpaper. I really recomend West System epoxy.

If you can wait till i get back in country( 6 weeks) i can do it for you... I have all the stuff.

Bob

#4075 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

I'd like to learn more. How much do you need to buy at a time, shelf life, working time, tips, hazards, etc. Maybe that deserves its own topic on pot metal repair?

Mark, Probably the West System White papers can give you a better idea than i can:

https://www.westsystem.com/instruction-2/

I have a gallon of resin and whatever hardener size goes with it, I think it's a quart. The pumps are very handy. For small stuff around the house you might want to go with a smaller size than the gallon. I think West will tell you shelf life is 1-2 years ( i didn't look it up) but i have product for 5-7 years still works fine.

It's very much the same as using polyester resin and glass, but the epoxy is a much better resin than the polyester structurally, It doesn't stink as bad either. Some few people have allergies to epoxy, Luckily i do not... Read Precautions on West site.

The key to that kind of layup is to keep the the layup " Lean" meaning as little resin as possible to fully impregnate the glass. It takes a bit of practice cutting the glass layers, and after a while you start to feel a bit like a tailor.

Working time is pretty long, there are two different hardeners, Fast i think is 15 minutes, Slow about 30 minutes. The pot life is effected by temp Cold =longer hot= shorter

Tips;
cover your workspace with paper, get 10 disposable quart cups in the paint department at HD and rotate them. Ie. once you mix a batch just let it harden and then you can pop it out of the cup. Try not to scratch up the inside of the cup then the batches will pop out easily.

because the reaction is exothermic ( it gives off heat) and the heat shortens the pot life, Be careful keeping a bunch of it in the pot. you will find that the epoxy you quickly spread out on the project has a lot longer working time than what sits "cooking" in the pot. Sometimes i take the pot and spread it out thin on on the work quickly, then come back to move it around later. this gives a longer life than leaving it in the pot.

West system sells stir sticks, get a bunch they are great. They pop out after it hardens too. https://www.westsystem.com/application-tools/reusable-mixing-sticks/

Use disposable gloves, you will go through a bunch.

I like the Light filler (410) Mix up a batch of resin, then add the filler till it's like peanut butter, The best wood filler ever!

You can use Epoxy to make anything! Burt Rutan made a plane that flew around the world! Your mileage may vary...

1 year later
#5730 4 years ago
Quoted from atpcfiaim:

Hello everyone. Still looking for a ‘77 Williams Rancho set of slingshot plastics. Thanks.[quoted image]

Is that the metal cabinet? Is the head metal also? What does that weigh?

3 years later
#9497 1 year ago
Quoted from EJS:

Idk if Steve has these (brief search didn’t show any) but I’m in need of one of these leaf blades the rollover button plugs into.
This is for my playfield swap on Knock Out. Wades playfield accommodates this style and the original game has a standard blade.
Pictured is a different game of mine.
[quoted image]

maybe one of the plastic targets will work? I could cut the details off the back so it is flat if you like.

Bob

IMG_5766 (resized).JPGIMG_5766 (resized).JPG
10 months later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shaker Heights, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boblangelius.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread?tu=boblangelius and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.