Topic Stats

• 5,114 posts
  • 495 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Vic_Camp
  • Topic is favorited by 123 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,504 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN2196 (resized).JPG
AFF91143-C65B-442A-9B00-89753B0F76EC (resized).jpeg
C.O.D.Playfield (resized).jpg
20190513_130424 (resized).jpg
20190513_130409 (resized).jpg
20190513_130357 (resized).jpg
20190513_130707 (resized).jpg
1E1EEF22-0BA0-41D7-8E7E-F008E6FF8A14 (resized).jpeg
20190505_163859_resized (resized).jpg
20190511_195954 (resized).jpg
20190408_223906 (resized).jpg
IMG_016 (resized).jpg
100_3923 (resized).JPG
20190507_125832 (resized).jpg
EAB5B79B-0CC4-48FC-80D9-C1E9BC47544F (resized).jpeg
3A7A3D16-73D2-4FB7-BE77-1D85FBA56EC4 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1931 3 years ago

Does anyone have the top search disc wiper arm disc for a 1970s six card Bally bingo? Specifically, I need for a Ticker Tape, and if you have any search disc wiper arm assembly, I might be able to make it work. Would prefer with an intact plastic collar at the bottom. My poor card 4/5/6 search disc doesn't work too well. Misses about half of the combinations, and I've tried most everything to fix the wipers outside of soldering on completely new fingers.

5 months later
#2374 2 years ago

Bingo playfields needed!

Need a populated mystic gate playfield, populated 20 hole playfield with rollovers (double up, Hawaii,etc), populated shoot-a-line playfield (28 holes), populated galaxy playfield (24 holes), and populated miss universe playfield (18 holes). Also need a populated Tahiti playfield and a united roulette playfield (and, 123, bolero).

Need to ship to VA or be willing to transport to the York show.

Willing to buy one of more from anyone that's got one.

3 months later
#2680 2 years ago

Seeking Bally Magic Pockets unit. Complete would be preferred, but I will entertain any condition. I have a great playfield to put it on, but it had been robbed of the mechanism. While I'm dreaming, a shutter would be nice...

This unit was only used on Gay Time and Gayety.

3 weeks later
#2724 2 years ago
Quoted from Chloro:

It is indeed a Chicago Coin, Soundstage

If you cannot find a reel wiper assembly, you can also use silver solder to affix a new wiper blade onto the existing one. Everything has to be very clean, but silver solder has a higher tensile strength than leaded or lead-free solder. It also takes more heat to melt and conducts better.

3 weeks later
#2830 2 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

the notch is onlt to secure the lacing

Yep! But you could still use the Bally lacing holes, surely, and wouldn't have to dremel?

#2836 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The flat Williams ones from the 50s are a little different.

I love those! Easy to clean and each one is even more 'keyed' than the standard dual inline package. (Harder to be off by one or incorrectly inserted)

1 month later
#2956 2 years ago

Does anyone have one or more trip banks from a Williams machine with six relays on the bank?

Number of switches and game it comes from - even era is not important, but I do need a total of three banks.

And they must be from a Williams machine.

Thanks in advance!

2 months later
#3181 2 years ago

Hard wiring is not the way to go - those are Bally style plugs. They are repairable, but it's a lot of trouble - drill out the rivets holding the two pieces of fiberboard to the center metal, then drill a hole through a piece of metal that has been bent to the appropriate shape, then re-rivet.

To replace, you can buy a connector from any parts person - number of female holes doesn't matter as long as it is more than the number of male pins. On the female side of the plug, you desolder one wire at a time and wire it to the new plug.

If you desolder the whole thing at once, you will need to take good photos and label with masking tape or similar.

It's not a huge job once you get into it.

You can replace with Gottlieb if you need to - whatever's handy - but I would replace with Bally. Pin spacing should be the same regardless. I would do that to preserve the look of the interior, but that's me.

As to why otaku thinks Gottlieb/Williams are better - it has to do with how they are made - Gottlieb and Williams had a more solid female connector that was not as prone to breakage. There are no clips to catch with a stray piece of fabric, and they are easier to clean.

You can pick up female jones plugs from this thread or certain sellers on ebay or a bingo guy named Joe. PM me if you want his info. Depending on the size needed, they are not necessarily cheap (they're no longer made). They are sold based on the total number of connections - so when you say four, do you mean two wires on each side or do you mean four on one side? The selector plugs could be deceptive if you're just getting into it, since you only use 1/2 at a time.

Most often the plugs are sold in pairs.

You can also 'just play' with the alligator clip. But I would replace. Prevents a clip from falling off and making connection somewhere else. Especially on a backboard connector which is also fighting gravity.

1 month later
#3268 2 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

does not show on the schematic.

Some of the best modifications I have reverted were documented in the manual and schematic. When a mouse years down the road eats one or the other, it -really- helps.

Some of the worst just existed with no docs - all with the same brown lamp cord.

4 months later
#3596 1 year ago

Need an 'Odd' footrail button used on Bally Ice Frolics, Palm Springs, and Surf Club.

I have the Even and All buttons already, but I need the Odd button to complete my project.

Pic of button here:

http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1740&picno=68825&zoom=1

1 year later
#4710 4 months ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

you can find those on most bingo machines.

That's a two-ring post, the bingos don't have those, unfortunately, United, Bally, Keeney, or Williams.

3 months later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.40
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Perrysburg, OH
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
2,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whitter, CA
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 399.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingopodcast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside