IMG_2395 (resized).JPG
IMG_2394 (resized).JPG
aztec1 (resized).jpg
gtbparadise.jpeg
20240325_122857.jpg
20240325_105918 (resized).jpg
IMG_0448 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beatnik-filmstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3322 6 years ago

Looking for a couple 70s era Williams old style flipper bats with the shoe and shaft.

Had this happen:
busted (resized).jpgbusted (resized).jpg

Yellow preferred, but not picky on color. Would prefer two in order to have them match better, but even a single yellow would do.

1 week later
#3376 6 years ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

I have the following flipper bats if you still need any:

Quoted from bflagg:

I have 3, all white. 2 of them are pretty chewed up where the set screws tighten. One is in good shape. Pic is of the best one. Let me know if you need it.

Thanks to both of you. Another pinsider, Egyptrus, already wrote and sent one to me though.

Been busy getting married this past weekend - haven't had a chance to even check back in on this thread to say thanks. Sorry for the delay.

10 months later
#4038 6 years ago

Shot in the dark, but would love a left sling plastic for a Gottlieb "Playball". Looks like the add-a-ball "Home Run" uses the same.

1 week later
#4078 6 years ago

Sorry if this isn't an entirely kosher use of the thread, but here's a "what parts to I need?" question instead.

Working on a 1971 Gottlieb Playball. Went to clean switches in the reset bank and realized that the main arm was only connected on one side.
The shoulder bolt on the side closest to the coil is completely missing. No bolt, no washers, no nut - no nothing.
I have no idea how this thing was actually resetting and allowing me to play.

Anyway - here's a picture of the hardware on the side that had it. It's a shoulder bolt, two washers between the arm and frame of the bank, with a nut and lock washer on the inside.
IMG_3499 (resized).JPGIMG_3499 (resized).JPG

I assume there should be a matching set of hardware on the other side? Silly question perhaps, but I would like to repair this right.

I see that PBR sells the shoulder bolts, but I'm going to feel like an idiot if I have to place a third order this month. Anyone know of a brick and mortar retail source that would carry such a specific bolt?

#4080 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

You can take the shoulder bolt out and compare it to the parts that your local Ace Hardware or True Value will have. Go to the specialty drawers and search. They often have shoulder bolts. You may not get a hex head. More probably a socket head cap shoulder bolt. But as long as the shaft length is similar you should be able to make it work.

Silly, but I didn't even think of Ace. Tried a Menards and Home Depot last night with no luck.
Thanks for the pointer.

edit - one trip to Ace later.... Not as pretty - but does the job just fine.
IMG_3500 (resized).JPGIMG_3500 (resized).JPG
Side note - my check engine light came on on my way home. Sigh.

#4083 6 years ago

You can't make this stuff up.

Been having an issue with a particular relay along the side of the motor board. Removed the cotter pin holding it in place and worked on it for a bit. Went to put it back in and dropped the pin. Of course it took a bounce and slid under the motor board out of reach. Grabbed the greatest tool in the history of man - the extending magnet stick thing and began fishing for it.

Got the cotter pin in a few seconds, but thought to myself "It sure felt like I tapped something else under there." Magnet fishing expedition two... and I think you know where this is going.

IMG_3505 (resized).JPGIMG_3505 (resized).JPG

#4096 6 years ago

My Playball has what I have to believe are originals and they’re definitely stickers.

There’s also a PDF that’s easily found online if you want to print your own.

1 week later
#4125 5 years ago

Looking for some help finding a part number to search for or a suitable substitute.

On my replay unit for a Gottlieb Playball - there's a strip of bakelite sandwiched in between the three switches.
When I got the machine, it was on free play, but this had been accomplished by maxing out the credit wheel, and the cranking it some more. The peg that opens the max credit switch had pressed up against the bakelite separator to the point that it cracked and was closing the switch that opens when the replay unit is in the zero position.

Like this.
IMG_3441 (resized).JPGIMG_3441 (resized).JPG

I've long since cleaned it up and have the machine on free play with the credit wheel at 0. But that bakelite strip is hanging by a thread. No real need to replace it I suppose, but it bugs me a little.
max-credit-bakelite (resized).jpgmax-credit-bakelite (resized).jpg

Any idea on where to find a replacement? Looked through a load of PBR pages but didn't see what I was looking for. Or is this a "Just give Steve a call and he'll sort you out" situation?

#4128 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i am sure i have one on an old stepper. pm me and i will send it to you

Thanks again.

In the meantime, I did find that Steve sells "link material" on his tools page.
http://www.pbresource.com/tools.html
Wrong dimensions but right thickness - I could cut what I need and drill holes I'm sure.

#4131 5 years ago

Well, boilerman found one for me so it's all a moot point. Thanks for the ideas.

Pinsiders are too nice sometime. Just noticed my heart turned gray again, so let's get that thing red.

2 weeks later
#4212 5 years ago
Quoted from waltrr:

Hey gang,
Anyone happen to have an extra Gottlieb backbox lock plate they wouldn't mind selling?
This is for a Flipper Cowboy wedgehead, but I'm guessing it's pretty much universal.
Thanks!

Quoted from boilerman:

let me look, pretty sure i have a few.
you need a early style. pm so i don't forget

Quoted from boilerman:

as requested, PM me your shipping info

Heh. The downside of boilerman being too nice all the time:
You get the little bakelite piece he offered you. Then two weeks later you get even more mail.
IMG_3737 (resized).JPGIMG_3737 (resized).JPG
I assure you it's super confusing when you get your mail and a name you don't really recognize has sent you pinball parts seemingly at random.

Hey waltrr or boilerman - if either of you would PM me waltrr's address I'll gladly get this back in the mail on it's way.

#4214 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i sent that, i sent a bunch of parts out and must of mix up addresses?
instead of shipping it back to me i will pm you the person it was ment to go to.... sorry normally i am pretty organized. i have been working 70 hrs a week and it does catch up to you.

Oh - didn't take too much to figure out what had happened. But yeah - you sent me waltrr's lock plate by mistake.
PM his address and I'll send it on it's way.

6 months later
#4648 5 years ago

Could someone please put together a power point for me detailing the changes in the new Batman 66' code update?

Also, please hurry. I don't have all day.

#4650 5 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

I believe you have to ask in the form of a part.
I.E. I'm looking for a USB Drive with the following power point on it...

Be quiet. I'm on hold with Steve.

10 months later
#5661 4 years ago
Quoted from TravTheUmp:

I'm looking for a pair of Williams Dummy Score Reels for my 1977 Rancho. The ones I have are faded into oblivion. Circled in blue in the pic, thanks for your help![quoted image]

Printed my own when I needed them.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/Williams/Williams_Score_Reel_Numbers.zip

6 months later
#6386 3 years ago

Looking for silk screened repro of a Jacks Open if anyone has one. I know Ron Webb made them, not sure if Shay has. Nice original would of course also be great.

This is what I'm starting with:
IMG_6118 (resized).JPGIMG_6118 (resized).JPG
Standard flaking in reds that I'd like to improve upon.

Will write to BG Resto otherwise.

Added over 4 years ago:

EDIT - Replacement BG sourced already.

#6391 3 years ago

Back again. Taking the door to my Jacks Open apart for cleaning today. No idea in the world why this was done, but it looks like a few parts were welded together.
IMG_6178 (resized).JPGIMG_6178 (resized).JPG
The bracket on the left comes off, but the rod and three of the other parts are all welded together. The bracket on the right is free, so I suppose I could cut it out of there.

Don't see anything like these parts on PBR, and have no idea on part numbers to ask other than saying "ummm, the coin return bits"
If anyone knows part numbers for those so that I can ask Steve - that would be awesome.

Otherwise - if anyone has spare door parts from the larger Gottlieb EM door style that they're willing to sell - please let me know.

While I'm at it - general question. The inside of the door is filthy.
IMG_6180 (resized).JPGIMG_6180 (resized).JPG
This is the first larger sized Gottlieb door I've taken apart. Do these two pieces separate? It looks like they should based on the little tabs, but they're stuck together really good. Don't mind trying again but don't want to bother if they don't come apart in the first place.

#6395 3 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

Here is the relevant page from Gottlieb’s ’78 parts catalog.
[quoted image]

They do. You might need some leverage after bending the tabs. There’s probably a lot of sugary soda residue stuck in there.

Thanks on both counts. Will ask Steve when I get around to ordering, and prepare for 40 years of dried up Orange Crush or whatever is holding that door together right now.

#6399 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

need anything else to the door?
[quoted image]

Very cool - PM sent.

3 weeks later
#6506 3 years ago

Working on a Jacks Open and I'm missing the coinbox. Can anyone confirm this page regarding the style I should be looking for?
https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Coinbox/Cashbox_Identification_Guide#1975_.26_Later

Three holes in the top - evenly spaced?
657px-Gtb-em-coinbox-example-6 (resized).jpg657px-Gtb-em-coinbox-example-6 (resized).jpg
800px-Gtb-em-coinbox-18 (resized).jpg800px-Gtb-em-coinbox-18 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#6551 3 years ago
Quoted from Tonup69:

They have been out of stock for a month now. Not just PBR, but EVERYWHERE.

Speaking of which, I called Steve yesterday to get some things and was told I couldn't get any standard 1 5/8" Gottlieb sleeves. (Or at least not the 10-15 that I wanted.) He said he didn't know when he'd have them in again, and to cut down Williams sleeves if you have them. (I do, thankfully.)

Same story for 1 13/16" sleeves.

Just a heads up if you need some or were planning to order.

10 months later
#7690 2 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Does anyone have a lead on a Strange World playfield or backglass? I found a SW with a worn to wood playfield and backglass missing half the artwork,

That the FB marketplace one? Kinda want to see better pictures of it. The ad is just sad.

3 weeks later
#7813 2 years ago

Working on a Ship Ahoy that I picked up and piecing together an order for PBR. Need/Want a couple things that Steve doesn't carry or that I can't find on his site.

Anyone with extras of these? (Or if you can point me to where they are on the PBR site - cool as well.)

Lock down bar is missing one of the button things that go into the receiver:
IMG_8413 (resized).JPGIMG_8413 (resized).JPGWill ask Steve about this as I assume he might have them, but if I can get one through this thread - all the same to me.

Also - the trim to the door is pretty banged up in a couple corners. Anyone have a spare of these?
IMG_8414 (resized).JPGIMG_8414 (resized).JPG

#7818 2 years ago
Quoted from SWMurphy:

I was told that those screws/ buttons are GTB-A7408A $2.22ea + Shipping by Jimmy at PBR. Boy i wish you were selling that bar though, still striking out on my hunt.

Quoted from pinhead52:

On the lockdown bar page of pbr "If you need the Screw for Lockdown Bar D7446A, it's A7408A $2.22ea"

Ahhh, I see it now. That line was included in the section for the older lockdown bars with the separate endcaps and I missed it entirely. Assuming they're the same button/screws - I'm good to go. Thanks a bunch.

Anyone with an extra door trim/frame as above - would love to hear about it.

#7829 2 years ago

Thanks again to those that helped point me to the right page/part# on PBR for the lock down button screw I need.

Have been tearing things down for cleaning the past few days and as a part of that - took off the receiver this past weekend. Putting things away tonight after some work on the machine and as I slide the glass into place what is that I feel with my right hand?

ED39195A-3AE0-40FA-81CA-92AC6F2C2EED (resized).jpegED39195A-3AE0-40FA-81CA-92AC6F2C2EED (resized).jpeg

And somehow I hadn’t already placed my order with Steve.

2 weeks later
#7886 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

If i was home I could fix you up... I do have a set of pf plastics if you need any there.
Ken

Looking to sell the whole set or willing to break it up? Picked up a ship ahoy recently with one small chip in the plastic to the left of the spinner.

1 month later
#8075 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I'm not seeing this bracket listed at Pinball Resource.

Is this the one? If not - find a part number and call - probably has it.

http://www.pbresource.com/news/gtb-a4583.jpg

Screenshot (resized).pngScreenshot (resized).png

2 months later
#8273 2 years ago

Short version : I need a single two lug 44/47 socket with an isolated bracket. Laydown preferred. Not seeing the exact socket on PBR though I know I can just ask Steve. Hoping someone might have a single socket.

Longer:
Was replacing a few sockets in my Abra Ca Dabra recently and got cocky. Made it through the playfield, replacing 6-7 sockets I had issues with happily pulling new sockets out of my meager parts supply. Three different socket types, but I managed to have extras.

Wrong. Then I went to check why one of the coin entry plate lights wasn't on. The socket was an absolute wreck. And unique.

So, I need a single socket as used in Gottliebs for illuminating the coin entry plates. It's a two lug socket, (laydown preferred) that is originially riveted to the mounting plate. I dremeled the old one off, intending to just screw a new on in will be easy. The big difference though - the mounting bracket is isolated - no power running through it.

3 months later
#8687 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Damn thats pretty nasty... lockdown bar has some value. and a bell or 2.

I'm a rank amateur when it comes to EMs and all, but aren't those coin chutes pretty hard to come by as well? Of course they look pretty damn rusty so maybe not?

4 months later
#9072 1 year ago

Did something similar replacing the bonus lights bracket on my Abra a while back. Function over original form every day unless you're doing some crazy level restoration.

abrabonus (resized).jpgabrabonus (resized).jpg

#9074 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Where do folks get their wire braid? PBR or an electronics supply? What gauge ?

Both PBR, and a few people have sold it here on pinside.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1041-third-coast-pinball/00662-18ga-stranded-tinned-bare-wire

#9103 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipS:

Anyone know if the upper arch for Gottlieb's El Dorado has been reproduced?
I'm helping a friend clean his ED and the upper arch is a mess. You can clearly see the difference when looking at the right edge, which was covered by wood. [quoted image]

No idea if he still has any.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repro-el-dorado-top-arch-track-who-wants-one

But I agree. That one doesn't even look chewed up. Would likely clean up really well.

Quoted from newmantjn:

I do know that Steve's plastic set has an extra acrylic piece that could be substituted.

Also true.

2 months later
#9303 1 year ago

Contemplating a clean looking but apparently not fully working Spanish Eyes. Haven’t seen it in person but a pic of the door shows missing hardware / no harness.

6E396FC0-85B8-4B0E-A475-AFA9532A5CFC (resized).jpeg6E396FC0-85B8-4B0E-A475-AFA9532A5CFC (resized).jpeg

I could probably live with it as is since I’d just put it on free play anyway. But I know I’d prefer it to be complete.

Anyone have the missing parts? PM if so - I may not buy it but would like to have an idea of cost should I get it and want to replace it.

Would this be a case where finding a complete door with harness might be easier / cheaper?

#9305 1 year ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Ebay is a great source for parts Williams 1976 Space Mission pinball machine coin door $60 plus shipping. Or you can wait for one of the better flea markets, Allentown in May.
ebay.com link: itm

Weird. I did a quick look on EBay a day or two ago and didn’t see that one. $100 or so was what I was expecting and not too bad for what would basically be a plug and play solution.

10 months later
#9978 7 months ago
Quoted from TahoeTony:

Been digging around to find a coil for a Butterfly by Sonic. Anyone know a place to find a replacement?
[quoted image]

I believe Sonic pins just use Williams parts.

2 months later
#10137 4 months ago
Quoted from JeffreyK:

Just starting a restoration, I am looking to buy the Abra Ca Dabra upper right C-15961 and both lower A-15956-L & -R plastics, originals preferred but not mandatory. Thanks, Jeff.

The Abra I bought a couple years ago had had a set of pinball rescue repros installed. Some of the originals are in the coinbox. I'll have to check when I get home, but I MIGHT have the C-15961. I know the two smaller ones are there, but I also know that they're broken in the exact way they always seem to be.

Marcos has the two smaller ones if repros will do.

Edit - PM sent, but the upper plastic is cracked and not great either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
1,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlottesville, VA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beatnik-filmstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread?tu=beatnik-filmstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.