Topic Stats

• 5,400 posts
  • 516 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by MikeO
  • Topic is favorited by 130 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,623 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0C23AE06-BE3D-47A8-A3EC-6E697AD2B77B (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
skylelevcard (resized).jpg
image-2 (resized).jpg
20190709_172736 (resized).jpg
20190709_172734 (resized).jpg
IMG_3014 (resized).JPG
20190711_171052 (resized).jpg
IMG_3013 (resized).JPG
IMG_3012 (resized).JPG
1E2582FB-C5E0-4CD6-8E57-E80C8101B364 (resized).jpeg
20190811_143222 (resized).jpg
20190811_143203 (resized).jpg
20190811_143142 (resized).jpg
F8286463-4D96-4581-9F6A-15AB98D81D8B (resized).jpeg
54167F85-C284-482A-A5DF-0A79CFC45E2E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beatnik-Filmstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3322 2 years ago

Looking for a couple 70s era Williams old style flipper bats with the shoe and shaft.

Had this happen:
busted (resized).jpg

Yellow preferred, but not picky on color. Would prefer two in order to have them match better, but even a single yellow would do.

1 week later
#3376 2 years ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

I have the following flipper bats if you still need any:

Quoted from bflagg:

I have 3, all white. 2 of them are pretty chewed up where the set screws tighten. One is in good shape. Pic is of the best one. Let me know if you need it.

Thanks to both of you. Another pinsider, Egyptrus, already wrote and sent one to me though.

Been busy getting married this past weekend - haven't had a chance to even check back in on this thread to say thanks. Sorry for the delay.

10 months later
#4038 1 year ago

Shot in the dark, but would love a left sling plastic for a Gottlieb "Playball". Looks like the add-a-ball "Home Run" uses the same.

1 week later
#4078 1 year ago

Sorry if this isn't an entirely kosher use of the thread, but here's a "what parts to I need?" question instead.

Working on a 1971 Gottlieb Playball. Went to clean switches in the reset bank and realized that the main arm was only connected on one side.
The shoulder bolt on the side closest to the coil is completely missing. No bolt, no washers, no nut - no nothing.
I have no idea how this thing was actually resetting and allowing me to play.

Anyway - here's a picture of the hardware on the side that had it. It's a shoulder bolt, two washers between the arm and frame of the bank, with a nut and lock washer on the inside.
IMG_3499 (resized).JPG

I assume there should be a matching set of hardware on the other side? Silly question perhaps, but I would like to repair this right.

I see that PBR sells the shoulder bolts, but I'm going to feel like an idiot if I have to place a third order this month. Anyone know of a brick and mortar retail source that would carry such a specific bolt?

#4080 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeO:

You can take the shoulder bolt out and compare it to the parts that your local Ace Hardware or True Value will have. Go to the specialty drawers and search. They often have shoulder bolts. You may not get a hex head. More probably a socket head cap shoulder bolt. But as long as the shaft length is similar you should be able to make it work.

Silly, but I didn't even think of Ace. Tried a Menards and Home Depot last night with no luck.
Thanks for the pointer.

edit - one trip to Ace later.... Not as pretty - but does the job just fine.
IMG_3500 (resized).JPG
Side note - my check engine light came on on my way home. Sigh.

#4083 1 year ago

You can't make this stuff up.

Been having an issue with a particular relay along the side of the motor board. Removed the cotter pin holding it in place and worked on it for a bit. Went to put it back in and dropped the pin. Of course it took a bounce and slid under the motor board out of reach. Grabbed the greatest tool in the history of man - the extending magnet stick thing and began fishing for it.

Got the cotter pin in a few seconds, but thought to myself "It sure felt like I tapped something else under there." Magnet fishing expedition two... and I think you know where this is going.

IMG_3505 (resized).JPG

#4096 1 year ago

My Playball has what I have to believe are originals and they’re definitely stickers.

There’s also a PDF that’s easily found online if you want to print your own.

1 week later
#4125 1 year ago

Looking for some help finding a part number to search for or a suitable substitute.

On my replay unit for a Gottlieb Playball - there's a strip of bakelite sandwiched in between the three switches.
When I got the machine, it was on free play, but this had been accomplished by maxing out the credit wheel, and the cranking it some more. The peg that opens the max credit switch had pressed up against the bakelite separator to the point that it cracked and was closing the switch that opens when the replay unit is in the zero position.

Like this.
IMG_3441 (resized).JPG

I've long since cleaned it up and have the machine on free play with the credit wheel at 0. But that bakelite strip is hanging by a thread. No real need to replace it I suppose, but it bugs me a little.
max-credit-bakelite (resized).jpg

Any idea on where to find a replacement? Looked through a load of PBR pages but didn't see what I was looking for. Or is this a "Just give Steve a call and he'll sort you out" situation?

#4128 1 year ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i am sure i have one on an old stepper. pm me and i will send it to you

Thanks again.

In the meantime, I did find that Steve sells "link material" on his tools page.
http://www.pbresource.com/tools.html
Wrong dimensions but right thickness - I could cut what I need and drill holes I'm sure.

#4131 1 year ago

Well, boilerman found one for me so it's all a moot point. Thanks for the ideas.

Pinsiders are too nice sometime. Just noticed my heart turned gray again, so let's get that thing red.

2 weeks later
#4212 1 year ago
Quoted from waltrr:

Hey gang,
Anyone happen to have an extra Gottlieb backbox lock plate they wouldn't mind selling?
This is for a Flipper Cowboy wedgehead, but I'm guessing it's pretty much universal.
Thanks!

Quoted from boilerman:

let me look, pretty sure i have a few.
you need a early style. pm so i don't forget

Quoted from boilerman:

as requested, PM me your shipping info

Heh. The downside of boilerman being too nice all the time:
You get the little bakelite piece he offered you. Then two weeks later you get even more mail.
IMG_3737 (resized).JPG
I assure you it's super confusing when you get your mail and a name you don't really recognize has sent you pinball parts seemingly at random.

Hey waltrr or boilerman - if either of you would PM me waltrr's address I'll gladly get this back in the mail on it's way.

#4214 1 year ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i sent that, i sent a bunch of parts out and must of mix up addresses?
instead of shipping it back to me i will pm you the person it was ment to go to.... sorry normally i am pretty organized. i have been working 70 hrs a week and it does catch up to you.

Oh - didn't take too much to figure out what had happened. But yeah - you sent me waltrr's lock plate by mistake.
PM his address and I'll send it on it's way.

6 months later
#4648 8 months ago

Could someone please put together a power point for me detailing the changes in the new Batman 66' code update?

Also, please hurry. I don't have all day.

#4650 8 months ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

I believe you have to ask in the form of a part.
I.E. I'm looking for a USB Drive with the following power point on it...

Be quiet. I'm on hold with Steve.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beatnik-Filmstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside