gtbparadise.jpeg
20240325_122857.jpg
20240325_105918 (resized).jpg
IMG_0448 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240312_160646 (resized).jpg
IMG_2264 (resized).jpeg
There are 10,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 207.
#4651 5 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Be quiet. I'm on hold with Steve.

OMG LMAO! Thank you. Needed that today.

#4652 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrian:

Ha ha,I can see you guys gang on people here.you never had any intention of showing me wiring above eyelets on gottlieb em.my machine is missing that wiring.again if anyone can show me wiring ,including sockets,much appreciated.

I am just short of 3 years new to working on and collecting pins, and using pinside extensively in my learning experience. I have had MANY pinsiders bend over backward to help. Including Jethro, Howard, JR, Odin, and many others. They are all very ready to help when you are polite, post in pretty much the correct area ( not when asking for pics in the seeking parts thread for example ) and even when posting in the wrong area or with not enough info, they have invariably been polite about asking for additional info, or for me to move my post.

So, you are pretty much wrong on all counts. Come here with an attitude, and you will get what you deserve. Come here politely, seriously looking to learn and join the pin community, and you will not only get lots of help, you will learn a lot, and find a great group of on line friends.

#4653 5 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

I am just short of 3 years new to working on and collecting pins, and using pinside extensively in my learning experience. I have had MANY pinsiders bend over backward to help. Including Jethro, Howard, JR, Odin, and many others. They are all very ready to help when you are polite, post in pretty much the correct area ( not when asking for pics in the seeking parts thread for example ) and even when posting in the wrong area or with not enough info, they have invariably been polite about asking for additional info, or for me to move my post.
So, you are pretty much wrong on all counts. Come here with an attitude, and you will get what you deserve. Come here politely, seriously looking to learn and join the pin community, and you will not only get lots of help, you will learn a lot, and find a great group of on line friends.

Nicely put.

Big difference between being part of something and appreciating peoples' insight VS. Expecting something to be given to you NOW for free and rude about it...

We all have our bad days, but this is a good group to be a part of for sure!

#4654 5 years ago

What DCRAND said....Oh and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.....
Thanks for all the help this year.
Weeze

#4655 5 years ago

Ya,and to you to,I offered to buy the harness if you would read post.he was baitin me.

#4656 5 years ago

Ya,and to you to,I offered to buy the harness if you would read post.he was baitin me.

Are you on something??????

I suggest you look elswhere for help/your "part" at this point.

All this drama over how to hook 2 wires to a couple of light bulbs is almost comical, honestly.

#4657 5 years ago

Sometimes I don’t get clear advice when fixing a machine. Troubleshooting and fixing it myself is part of the reward of owning them. Good luck finding your harness.
BTW, could use 4 new coin switches for the 2 Bally Wizards! in my collection. Want to get both back to accepting quarters. Not sure of the part #. Thanks!

#4658 5 years ago

Ya,me too.hee,hee,.merry Xmas guys,I guess I'll try again after holidays,a pic would have been nice.

So you want a picture of the main harness? In your first pic you had your harness with the two leads, one was missing an eyelet. what more do you need there? And then I showed you the coin slot plate that had the two lamp sockets and pvc wires hanging from it. If you take the cover off of your coin slot you'll see the plate and most likely the sockets. Or do you need a complete harness?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#4659 5 years ago

Hi pinhead,sorry if i was not clear.when I bought machine ,it was missing outside coin slot.i guess they disconnected the wires at eyelets.i don't have that part of harness to coin chutes ,or coin slot outside cover. ( see pic).would be willing to purchase though.but was hoping if I had pic ,and it was just a couple wires and sockets I could make it myself.either way.

1545435828527-1602992428 (resized).jpg1545435828527-1602992428 (resized).jpg
#4660 5 years ago

Hi pinhead,sorry if i was not clear.when I bought machine ,it was missing outside coin slot.i guess they disconnected the wires at eyelets.i don't have that part of harness to coin chutes ,or coin slot outside cover. ( see pic).would be willing to purchase though.but was hoping if I had pic ,and it was just a couple wires and sockets I could make it myself.either way.
[quoted image]

It will be easier with the mounting plate. PBR does sell the cover, $36 and then the plastic coin inserts

http://www.pbresource.com/signatur/gtb-c10718a.jpg
http://www.pbresource.com/CoinDoor.html

I may have a slightly used cover to match the mounting plate. Send me a PM and I'll get you a deal on the plate and cover.

Ken

#4661 5 years ago

Hi ken,do you think steve will have the wiring used.i have purchased some used parts there.relay ladders ect...will do after Xmas break.again thanks.

#4662 5 years ago

[quoted image]

package deal for you... $20 plus shipping

Mounting plate with wires,
3 slot cover with a dummy to fill the extra slot
2 older coin inserts (you may want to but new at some point)
5 screws to mount the plate to the cab
2 screws to mount the cover to the plate
2 screws to mount the eyelets to the cab wall
1 eyelet you'll need to solder on to 1 lead of your harness

I do have a 2 slot cover I got rechromed that I'd sell in place of the 3 slot (cheaper than pbr).
Ken

cover (resized).pngcover (resized).png
#4663 5 years ago

Hey ken,that's what I'm talking about.cool deal.as my machine would not look right with new cover.will pm you,again thanks.

#4664 5 years ago

Not gonna lie...I'm flat out shocked at helping this snowflake....

#4665 5 years ago

Pinhead52 is a good guy, sold me a lockdown bar awhile back.

#4666 5 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Pinhead52 is a good guy, sold me a lockdown bar awhile back.

Like I said earlier....better guy than me. If I was trying to help and got talked shitty to etc, I'd go out of my way to NEVER help that person again...which I realize is probably not worth the trouble; and people who know me, know the helpful nice guy I am. I just don't take being stepped on very well any more.

Good for pinhead52 though....better man.

#4667 5 years ago

Yeah, he didn’t deserve the help but it is the Holidays.

#4668 5 years ago

Why don't you mellow out pacman.if you would read thread ,a lot of it was just joking around.me and Ken are making deal.why is it so personal to you.and as far as flake.you sure it's not you.you seem to take it awful personally.

#4669 5 years ago

I mean....,..jeez.

#4670 5 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Like I said earlier....better guy than me. If I was trying to help and got talked shitty to etc, I'd go out of my way to NEVER help that person again...which I realize is probably not worth the trouble; and people who know me, know the helpful nice guy I am. I just don't take being stepped on very well any more.
Good for pinhead52 though....better man.

Totally agree. I like helping people on this forum where I can. I have received lots of help here, and very much appreciate it. Sometimes I have to wait a few days for a response to my request for help. So be it. But if someone cops an attitude, or talked crap at me, I certainly wouldn't help them. Thankfully, I'd say this forum is made up of 99.9% positive, patient, caring individuals. Unfortunately, there are the other 0.1%.

#4671 5 years ago

Isn't anyone looking for parts anymore?

#4672 5 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

Isn't anyone looking for parts anymore?

turns out he needed the whole coinplate and mounting plate. I fxed up a kit for him

#4673 5 years ago

Hello all, I found this cap inside a Hokus Pokus I bought and thought someone could use it or let me know what game its from so I can get it to the correct forum? Maybe it will make someone's day.

Bumper cap 2 (resized).jpgBumper cap 2 (resized).jpg
#4674 5 years ago
Quoted from iamdrunker:

Hello all, I found this cap inside a Hokus Pokus I bought and thought someone could use it or let me know what game its from so I can get it to the correct forum? Maybe it will make someone's day.
[quoted image]

PM sent.

#4675 5 years ago

Pulled this Paragon spinner off my Wizard a while back. One sided only. Not a sticker/decal.

IMG_1519[1] (resized).JPGIMG_1519[1] (resized).JPG
#4676 5 years ago

Looking for a pneumatic damping cylinder for 1935 Daval Chicago Express that I'm restoring. It's 2" long and 1" in diameter.

Thanks

Nate

Pneumatic Damper Cylinder (resized).jpgPneumatic Damper Cylinder (resized).jpg
#4677 5 years ago
Quoted from iamdrunker:

[quoted image]

It’s for Williams Little Chief.

D9B25790-4775-4F53-882D-5B848E645400 (resized).jpegD9B25790-4775-4F53-882D-5B848E645400 (resized).jpeg
#4678 5 years ago

Looking for a 2.5-3 inch bell for a Bally flipperless woodrail from the 40s.

#4679 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Looking for a 2.5-3 inch bell for a Bally flipperless woodrail from the 40s.

Will this work? Pinball Resource.

IMG_9807 (resized).PNGIMG_9807 (resized).PNG
#4680 5 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Will this work? Pinball Resource. [quoted image]

Yes i believe A1168A is what i need! Thank you. I like reaching to reach out to community to see if anyone has stuff before using PBR though. Im gonna give it a day or 2 then I’ll contact Steve. Thanks for finding this @jethrop

#4681 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Yes i believe A1168A is what i need! Thank you. I like reaching to reach out to community to see if anyone has stuff before using PBR though. Im gonna give it a day or 2 then I’ll contact Steve. Thanks for finding this @jethrop

To the purists, please disregard this. So I have also picked up used desk service bells like the attached photo at flea markets and garage sales.... cost $1. They are 3" like the original bells in many pins. They work and sound great and cost less. For your consideration

IMG_9806 (resized).PNGIMG_9806 (resized).PNG
#4682 5 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

I have also picked up used desk service bells

But when they ring, your friends may look around the room for their teacher.

#4683 5 years ago
Quoted from Nate:

Looking for a pneumatic damping cylinder

A similar device was used on 1950s RCA RP-XXX record players to dampen tone arm movement. They were about 1/2" in diameter and about 1 1/2" long. I cannot remember how they are mounted.
I may be able to find a picture of one if you come up empty looking for one.
Cliff

#4684 5 years ago
Quoted from Nate:

Looking for a pneumatic damping cylinder for 1935 Daval Chicago Express that I'm restoring. It's 2" long and 1" in diameter.

Well, not quite OEM, but these are about 2-1/2" long and you get 2 for $8 including shipping.

Screen Shot 2018-12-25 at 7.16.55 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-25 at 7.16.55 AM (resized).png
#4685 5 years ago

Thanks. The Damper isn't really a shock absorber. When pressed in (by the coin slide motion) it goes forward quickly. Then as the playfield spring pulls it back it returns slowly (due to airflow through a leather oriface) allowing the tilt ball to set.

-Nate

#4686 5 years ago
Quoted from Nate:

The Damper isn't really a shock absorber.

Like I said, phonographs use these air cylinders to smooth out the drop on the tone arm.
Same principal, the arm is moved and the air is in the cylinder, then the weight of the extended arm pushes the air out of the cylinder so the arm drops at a constant and smooth rate.

If you cannot find what you are looking for there has to be more than one type used on phonograghs of the period or into the 1940s. The one that I am familiar with is on the RCA RP-168 and RP-190.
Definitely smaller in size but same concept.
Cliff

#4687 5 years ago
Quoted from Cdemuro:

It’s for Williams Little Chief. [quoted image]

Cool, Thanks for the info.

#4688 5 years ago

Hi,is it possible to hone out cylinder.also,I do not know how inside looks,spring,rubber wheel cylinder cup.?.another idea.look on sides of carburators,80s 90s vehicles.i remember big choke mechs that look similar.same style arm that slides back and forth.use there housing or sliding arm.just a thought.but if you can take apart and show inside.i think everyone can help better.come on pinsiders ,I think together ,we can do this.merry christmas.

#4689 5 years ago

The cylinder has a couple of challenges, both caused by being cast from pot metal. First, it has cracks running all around and partially into the cylinder and end cap. Second, the left end should have an adjustable air valve. That has broken off the casting sometime in the last 83 years and isn't in the cabinet. The inside is relatively clean other than some cracks, the "piston" is rubber and leather. I can seal most of the cracks with 3M 420 epoxy, but have no solution to the broken-off air valve at the left end (on the photo).

#4690 5 years ago

I'll look around for the phonograph dampers, thanks.

Nate

#4691 5 years ago
Quoted from Nate:

I can seal most of the cracks with 3M 420 epoxy, but have no solution to the broken-off air valve at the left end (on the photo).

I have used these miniature valves in my RC airplane retractable (pneumatic) landing gear systems. Perhaps you could find a way to fit one of these up to your old cylinder....JB Weld, etc.

Wouldn't any old miniature needle valve work? I've seen them on eBay for around $5.
IMG_9816 (resized).PNGIMG_9816 (resized).PNG

#4692 5 years ago

Thanks JethroP,

Now that is very interesting. I may be able to attach that via 3M 420 epoxy to the existing cylinder.

-Nate

#4695 5 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

What is beta pinside?

Thanks, I hadn’t realized my mistake! The beta is running the rebuilt forum Robin made. It essentially runs the same but a few of us are using it to try and break it, that way by the time it gets released most of the kinks are already ironed out

#4696 5 years ago

For gottlieb bank a ball '65: right side flipper actuator assembly (?) Im not 100% on the name, i dont have a parts catalog that far back.

The arm/spring/bracket that mounts to the inside of the cabinet. It is the part between the cabinet flipper button and the flipper switch on the playfield.

#4697 5 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

For gottlieb bank a ball '65: right side flipper actuator assembly (?) Im not 100% on the name, i dont have a parts catalog that far back.
The arm/spring/bracket that mounts to the inside of the cabinet. It is the part between the cabinet flipper button and the flipper switch on the playfield.

From the '66 catalog, pg 33:
Push Button Switch Link Assembly
A-4263 All 5 Ball Cabinets, Right or Left Side
(other part numbers shown for multiple player cabinets...)

#4698 5 years ago

From 1968 GTB catalog which covers 1/63 to 12/67:

Screen Shot 2018-12-31 at 3.12.35 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-12-31 at 3.12.35 PM (resized).png
#4699 5 years ago

Too slow by 8 seconds.

#4700 5 years ago

Just bought a Space Mission and in the middle of shop/restore. Match unit is not working and when I was cleaning the contacts I noticed the entire pawl/plate assembly that engages and advances the mech is broken off.

Seem like this is common on these ... looking for this part

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
$ 24.98
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

There are 10,324 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 207.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/94?hl=jethrop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.