IMG_2395 (resized).JPG
IMG_2394 (resized).JPG
aztec1 (resized).jpg
gtbparadise.jpeg
20240325_122857.jpg
20240325_105918 (resized).jpg
IMG_0448 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
There are 10,341 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 207.
#4051 6 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

I know it is a very long shot, but plunger and ball lift bracket for 1938 Chicago Coin Swing?

If you have all of the pieces I've had pretty good luck gluing pot metal back together with JB Weld. Since the casting is concave you can add a thick layer to the inside and add things like strips of metal or nails across the cracks for reinforcement. You'll need to find a way to hold the pieces in place while the JB Weld sets up. For extra thickness you can add multiple layers, scoring the dry layer before adding the new wet layer so it has something to bite into.

/Mark

#4052 6 years ago

Thanks all, if can't find one, going to try the jb weld technique. Happen to already have some. And appreciate the tips on layering Mark. Was thinking of small strips of plumbers tape for reinforcing. And was going to use painters or packing tape on the front with the piece nestled into a bunched up towel to hold it together while gluing. Hoping to get to it this weekend. Will post pics of outcome. Sadly, the person I bought it from had just broken it when someone ran a cart handle into it. While flipperless are not worth much, the backglass on this is beautiful and looks perfect, so want to get the rest of the game looking good and working soon. edit: Forgot to mention, if can't get it fixed or find one, will consider the 3D printing. But don't have any experience and haven't seen how metal parts turn out.

#4053 6 years ago

looking for an EOS switch leaf for 1977 Gottlieb score reel. PBR does not have these.

EOS leaf (resized).pngEOS leaf (resized).png

#4054 6 years ago

Still crawling around on my hands and knees trying to find a few rollover guides for my Sweet Hearts.

I need two: Double-sided lane guides... 2 1/2 inches center to center on the screw holes.

And one: Single-sided lane guide... 1 1/2 inch center to center on the screw holes.

These would be the older type without the diamond on top. (white)

TIA

#4055 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

Still crawling around on my hands and knees trying to find a few rollover guides for my Sweet Hearts.
I need two: Double-sided lane guides... 2 1/2 inches center to center on the screw holes.
And one: Single-sided lane guide... 1 1/2 inch center to center on the screw holes.
These would be the older type without the diamond on top. (white)
TIA

I can source you a 1 1/2 guide, Im redoing a Ks&Qs and have replaced with the lilly white from pbr

#4056 6 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

looking for an EOS switch leaf for 1977 Gottlieb score reel. PBR does not have these.

this is probably what you need or maybe this reel, a little closer in vintage

ebay.com link: GOTTLIEBS PIONEER EM PINBALL MACHINE BACK BOX SCORE WHEEL ASSY 4

20180412_184125_resized (resized).jpg20180412_184125_resized (resized).jpg

#4057 6 years ago

1200 nos posts

20180412_232527 (resized).jpg20180412_232527 (resized).jpg

#4058 6 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Thanks all, if can't find one, going to try the jb weld technique. Happen to already have some. And appreciate the tips on layering Mark. Was thinking of small strips of plumbers tape for reinforcing. And was going to use painters or packing tape on the front with the piece nestled into a bunched up towel to hold it together while gluing. Hoping to get to it this weekend. Will post pics of outcome. Sadly, the person I bought it from had just broken it when someone ran a cart handle into it. While flipperless are not worth much, the backglass on this is beautiful and looks perfect, so want to get the rest of the game looking good and working soon. edit: Forgot to mention, if can't get it fixed or find one, will consider the 3D printing. But don't have any experience and haven't seen how metal parts turn out.

JB weld is ok, but you are better off doing this with Epoxy and fibre glass strips... Rough up the inside with 80 grit Sandpaper. I really recomend West System epoxy.

If you can wait till i get back in country( 6 weeks) i can do it for you... I have all the stuff.

Bob

#4059 6 years ago

Hey guys,would anyone have a few williams switch blades with the big silver contacts.pbr did not have any.or just the big silver contacts.can pm me.thanks.

#4060 6 years ago
Quoted from BobLangelius:

JB weld is ok, but you are better off doing this with Epoxy and fibre glass strips.

I'd like to learn more. How much do you need to buy at a time, shelf life, working time, tips, hazards, etc. Maybe that deserves its own topic on pot metal repair?

#4061 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrian:

Hey guys,would anyone have a few williams switch blades with the big silver contacts.pbr did not have any.or just the big silver contacts.can pm me.thanks.

Have piles of 'em. Which switch blades are we talking about?

#4062 6 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

If you have any spare smaller Gottlieb relays, those blades work. Just have to cut 1/8"
or so off the longer blade so it doesn't rub on the plunger. I just changed out three of them
this afternoon..

#4063 6 years ago

Hi balzosteel.i guess it is williams score motor switches with big contacts I'm looking for.im using them on a shuffle bowler.seem to be same .I pm you earlier today.thanks for any help.let me know.

20180414_124429 (resized).jpg20180414_124429 (resized).jpg

#4064 6 years ago

I'm looking for.im using them on a shuffle bowler

For what relay(s) on what Shuffle Bowler?

#4065 6 years ago

Hi mopar.for a united shuffle bowler.bank switches.

#4066 6 years ago

a united shuffle bowler.bank switches.

Okay, for the Relay Bank. I almost must have some. What's the title of your Shuffle?

#4067 6 years ago

Hi, mopar,can't tell you name of bowler because I stole it from you.i was running out the door and forgot to take them .I was hoping you would show up with the correct ones.please pm me and let me know when you will be at work so I can get them.there like the pic I posted in #4063.thanks.

#4068 6 years ago

Hi

Have a 1970 Decagon Stock Car Pin

Need the EOS switch for the score reel
Silver Switch

Message me

Used is perfect as long as usable

Thanks

#4069 6 years ago

JB weld is ok, but you are better off doing this with Epoxy and fibre glass strips... Rough up the inside with 80 grit Sandpaper. I really recomend West System epoxy.
If you can wait till i get back in country( 6 weeks) i can do it for you... I have all the stuff.
Bob

Bob, thanks but didn’t see your post till now, and already used JB. Hopefully will hold ok. Thanks for tip though.

#4070 6 years ago

can't tell you name of bowler because I stole it from you

Brian, I'm not sure what you're saying, but is it a woodrail bowler (50s)?
Which do you need, the longer, shorter, or both blades?

#4071 6 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Need the EOS switch for the score reel
Silver Switch

Do you have any extra Gottlieb relays that use the smaller blades? They work fine,
it's just that they're 1/8" too long which gets clipped off..

Oh, just noticed, you need the silver switch. You mean the smaller firm one?
If so, I must have some someplace..

#4072 6 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

I can source you a 1 1/2 guide, Im redoing a Ks&Qs and have replaced with the lilly white from pbr

Thank you, pinhead52!

That should do it for the 1 1/2 inch lane guides I am looking for... now if I can only find those silly 2 1/2 inch guides.

They seem to be elusive but maybe I can have some 3D printed if all else fails, looking into it with the help of way2wyrd.

#4073 6 years ago

I am hoping that a fellow Pinsider can help me locate the missing "swirl-style" Bakelite globes (or something similar) which flank the marquee for my project 1953 Exhibit Supply Space Gun arcade. It's possible that a woodrail pinball machine utilized such globes.

Photos 2 & 3 show my game, which is missing the correct Bakelite globes.

Photos 4 & 5 are stock photos showing the space gun and the targets.

Photo 6 shows a friend's Space Gun which has the correct Bakelite globes, for reference.

The object is, of course, to shoot moving targets, in this case, 4 eerie glow-in-the-dark spacemen. When struck, the spaceman target is knocked down. Unlimited shots during the timed game which runs for 60 seconds. The targets are painted fluorescent colors and are illuminated by a black light. A bell audio feature is activated with successful shot.

post-16-0-65611400-1428772487 (resized).jpgpost-16-0-65611400-1428772487 (resized).jpg

30222074_1429507200488573_7282127693296959488_n (resized).jpg30222074_1429507200488573_7282127693296959488_n (resized).jpg

29791836_1429507220488571_7431911486584258560_n (resized).jpg29791836_1429507220488571_7431911486584258560_n (resized).jpg

espacgu5 (resized).jpgespacgu5 (resized).jpg

espacgu6 (resized).jpgespacgu6 (resized).jpg

20160423_160525 (resized).jpg20160423_160525 (resized).jpg

#4074 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I am hoping that a fellow Pinsider can help me locate the missing "swirl-style" Bakelite globes (or something similar) which flank the marquee for my project 1953 Exhibit Supply Space Gun arcade. It's possible that a woodrail pinball machine utilized such globes.

Sorry, I don't have any spares but they do look just like the globes on my '39 Bally Champion (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1939-bally-champion) so it seems likely that they were used on other games too.

#4075 6 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

I'd like to learn more. How much do you need to buy at a time, shelf life, working time, tips, hazards, etc. Maybe that deserves its own topic on pot metal repair?

Mark, Probably the West System White papers can give you a better idea than i can:

https://www.westsystem.com/instruction-2/

I have a gallon of resin and whatever hardener size goes with it, I think it's a quart. The pumps are very handy. For small stuff around the house you might want to go with a smaller size than the gallon. I think West will tell you shelf life is 1-2 years ( i didn't look it up) but i have product for 5-7 years still works fine.

It's very much the same as using polyester resin and glass, but the epoxy is a much better resin than the polyester structurally, It doesn't stink as bad either. Some few people have allergies to epoxy, Luckily i do not... Read Precautions on West site.

The key to that kind of layup is to keep the the layup " Lean" meaning as little resin as possible to fully impregnate the glass. It takes a bit of practice cutting the glass layers, and after a while you start to feel a bit like a tailor.

Working time is pretty long, there are two different hardeners, Fast i think is 15 minutes, Slow about 30 minutes. The pot life is effected by temp Cold =longer hot= shorter

Tips;
cover your workspace with paper, get 10 disposable quart cups in the paint department at HD and rotate them. Ie. once you mix a batch just let it harden and then you can pop it out of the cup. Try not to scratch up the inside of the cup then the batches will pop out easily.

because the reaction is exothermic ( it gives off heat) and the heat shortens the pot life, Be careful keeping a bunch of it in the pot. you will find that the epoxy you quickly spread out on the project has a lot longer working time than what sits "cooking" in the pot. Sometimes i take the pot and spread it out thin on on the work quickly, then come back to move it around later. this gives a longer life than leaving it in the pot.

West system sells stir sticks, get a bunch they are great. They pop out after it hardens too. https://www.westsystem.com/application-tools/reusable-mixing-sticks/

Use disposable gloves, you will go through a bunch.

I like the Light filler (410) Mix up a batch of resin, then add the filler till it's like peanut butter, The best wood filler ever!

You can use Epoxy to make anything! Burt Rutan made a plane that flew around the world! Your mileage may vary...

#4076 6 years ago

Mark, Probably the West System White papers can give you a better idea than i can:

Excellent summary. Thanks.

#4077 6 years ago
Quoted from chas10e:

what voltage does this thing operate at & what resistance is the coil supposed to be ?

I have discovered "mechanical laminated solenoids" that are the same frame size as my zipper flipper close solenoid , the one I had purchased was like 150 ohms & if I needed to would probably need to rewind the coil. The good zipper flipper solenoid I have reads about 9 ohms and about 50v when energized

this is the one I purchased

I don't know the resistance. The coil operates on 115v. I am going to buy one of the coke machines ones from ebay. Thank you for the link.

#4078 6 years ago

Sorry if this isn't an entirely kosher use of the thread, but here's a "what parts to I need?" question instead.

Working on a 1971 Gottlieb Playball. Went to clean switches in the reset bank and realized that the main arm was only connected on one side.
The shoulder bolt on the side closest to the coil is completely missing. No bolt, no washers, no nut - no nothing.
I have no idea how this thing was actually resetting and allowing me to play.

Anyway - here's a picture of the hardware on the side that had it. It's a shoulder bolt, two washers between the arm and frame of the bank, with a nut and lock washer on the inside.
IMG_3499 (resized).JPGIMG_3499 (resized).JPG

I assume there should be a matching set of hardware on the other side? Silly question perhaps, but I would like to repair this right.

I see that PBR sells the shoulder bolts, but I'm going to feel like an idiot if I have to place a third order this month. Anyone know of a brick and mortar retail source that would carry such a specific bolt?

#4079 6 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Sorry if this isn't an entirely kosher use of the thread, but here's a "what parts to I need?" question instead.
Working on a 1971 Gottlieb Playball. Went to clean switches in the reset bank and realized that the main arm was only connected on one side.
The shoulder bolt on the side closest to the coil is completely missing. No bolt, no washers, no nut - no nothing.
I have no idea how this thing was actually resetting and allowing me to play.
Anyway - here's a picture of the hardware on the side that had it. It's a shoulder bolt, two washers between the arm and frame of the bank, with a nut and lock washer on the inside.

I assume there should be a matching set of hardware on the other side? Silly question perhaps, but I would like to repair this right.
I see that PBR sells the shoulder bolts, but I'm going to feel like an idiot if I have to place a third order this month. Anyone know of a brick and mortar retail source that would carry such a specific bolt?

You can take the shoulder bolt out and compare it to the parts that your local Ace Hardware or True Value will have. Go to the specialty drawers and search. They often have shoulder bolts. You may not get a hex head. More probably a socket head cap shoulder bolt. But as long as the shaft length is similar you should be able to make it work.

#4080 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

You can take the shoulder bolt out and compare it to the parts that your local Ace Hardware or True Value will have. Go to the specialty drawers and search. They often have shoulder bolts. You may not get a hex head. More probably a socket head cap shoulder bolt. But as long as the shaft length is similar you should be able to make it work.

Silly, but I didn't even think of Ace. Tried a Menards and Home Depot last night with no luck.
Thanks for the pointer.

edit - one trip to Ace later.... Not as pretty - but does the job just fine.
IMG_3500 (resized).JPGIMG_3500 (resized).JPG
Side note - my check engine light came on on my way home. Sigh.

#4081 6 years ago

Silly, but I didn't even think of Ace. Tried a Menards and Home Depot last night with no luck.
Thanks for the pointer.
edit - one trip to Ace later.... Not as pretty - but does the job just fine.

That's what I had in mind. I assume they didn't have one with a shorter shaft. Nonetheless, it works.

You can always get the correct part from PBR on your next order if you need it to stay original.

For what it's worth I replaced the pivot on the slingshot mechanism on a Cirqus Voltaire with a similar appropriately sized cap head socket shoulder bolt many many years ago. The swaged pin broke from the frame and this part did the trick. For what it's worth CV had a funky design that they used for the slingshot mech that I haven't seen on any other WPC game. But I digress.

#4082 6 years ago

ISO new bumper caps for 74 strato flite these are the ones that were on the machine when purchased i believe top one is original

20180417_191648 (resized).jpg20180417_191648 (resized).jpg

#4083 6 years ago

You can't make this stuff up.

Been having an issue with a particular relay along the side of the motor board. Removed the cotter pin holding it in place and worked on it for a bit. Went to put it back in and dropped the pin. Of course it took a bounce and slid under the motor board out of reach. Grabbed the greatest tool in the history of man - the extending magnet stick thing and began fishing for it.

Got the cotter pin in a few seconds, but thought to myself "It sure felt like I tapped something else under there." Magnet fishing expedition two... and I think you know where this is going.

IMG_3505 (resized).JPGIMG_3505 (resized).JPG

#4084 6 years ago

Been having an issue with a particular relay along the side of the motor board. Removed the cotter pin holding it in place and worked on it for a bit. Went to put it back in and dropped the pin. Of course it took a bounce and slid under the motor board out of reach. Grabbed the greatest tool in the history of man - the extending magnet stick thing and began fishing for it.
Got the cotter pin in a few seconds, but thought to myself "It sure felt like I tapped something else under there." Magnet fishing expedition two... and I think you know where this is going.

Now that is funny. And exactly something that would happen to me.

#4085 6 years ago

I like how in pinball all the evidence, loose parts in your instance, always end up in the bottom of the body cabinet.

And there is no way you would have found that part had you not already sourced the shoulder bolt from the hardware store.

#4086 6 years ago

After cleaning the cabinet, that's one of the first things I do. Pull the mech board and see what treasure is kicking around loose in the bottom of the cabinet. Besides being kind of fun, a lot of times it gives you insight into what issues you're going to run into. Broken switches, missing hardware, burnt fuses etc.

#4087 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Besides being kind of fun, a lot of times it gives you insight into what issues you're going to run into. Broken switches, missing hardware, burnt fuses etc.

etc = dead rats, mud daubers, old joints, occasionally some change

#4088 6 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

etc = dead rats, mud daubers, old joints, occasionally some change

Usually a bunch of labels and and dirt too. Always fun to find old change. I found a quarter in my recently acquired Flip Flop. Brought the initial investment down 25 cents. Woo Hoo. I found a few silver dimes in an old P&B my uncle gave me.

#4089 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Pull the mech board and see what treasure

I have always referred to the stuff in the bottom cabinet as treasure.
I always look for the bits and pieces of the broken plastics to see if I can repair the ones I have in the game.

#4090 6 years ago

Anyone got a decent back-door for a Gottlieb two-player? The one that came with the Quick Draw I'm restoring to sell is an after-market door that someone made, but doesn't fit very well.

I know I can buy a nice repro, and may, but wanted to first check to see if someone has one from a game they're parting out.

Thanks,

Mark

#4091 6 years ago

I am looking for 4 of the flippers that have "Bat" on them. They were used on World Series, Grand Slam, Play Ball and a couple of other Gottlieb's. Yes, I do know that Pin Rescue sells the sticker, but I am looking for original.

#4092 6 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

I am looking for 4 of the flippers that have "Bat" on them. They were used on World Series, Grand Slam, Play Ball and a couple of other Gottlieb's. Yes, I do know that Pin Rescue sells the sticker, but I am looking for original.

I believe the originals were also stickers. Not molded.

#4093 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

I believe the originals were also stickers. Not molded.

you might want to check with steve on that, i believe they were inked on but not hot stamped like pb caps

#4094 6 years ago

I will call on Monday and talk to Steve.

#4095 6 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

I will call on Monday and talk to Steve

I just had to order replacements for a World Series that I had. PBR does not have them. I had to buy the flippers from Steve and order the stickers from whoever has them (I think they're in Australia). I agree with @dennisdodel, I think the originals were also stickers.

Dave

#4096 6 years ago

My Playball has what I have to believe are originals and they’re definitely stickers.

There’s also a PDF that’s easily found online if you want to print your own.

#4097 6 years ago

I'm needing a backglass for a flip a card.

Is this available anywhere other than going the BG resto route?

#4098 6 years ago

I am in need of a set of wooden legs to suit a 1952 WMS Disk Jockey. My best guess is that they should be 32.5', but I'd settle for a nice set of 31' at this point.

Looking to pick up at Allentown Pinfest if anyone has a spare set to help get a Disk Jockey back on its feet.

#4099 6 years ago

I have a Gottlieb Jacks Open that needs a new/used cabinet. I know that the wedge head cabinet went thru several changes over the years but not sure what years would work for my January 1977 game. My guess anything after that but I'm not sure how far back I can go. Any help on that would be great. I will be in Allentown Thursday night thru Saturday. Thanks

#4100 6 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

I have a Gottlieb Jacks Open that needs a new/used cabinet. I know that the wedge head cabinet went thru several changes over the years but not sure what years would work for my January 1977 game. My guess anything after that but I'm not sure how far back I can go. Any help on that would be great. I will be in Allentown Thursday night thru Saturday. Thanks

you need a "big door" game, 1976 onward

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 24.98
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 10,341 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 207.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/82?hl=heaterguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.