IMG_2395 (resized).JPG
IMG_2394 (resized).JPG
aztec1 (resized).jpg
gtbparadise.jpeg
20240325_122857.jpg
20240325_105918 (resized).jpg
IMG_0448 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
There are 10,341 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 207.
#301 9 years ago

Looking for plastics for a Williams Teacher's Pet. In particular, I need the ink well plastic, the one behind the right drop target mid-playfield. Here is a pic cropped from IPDB. I would take a whole set, as mine are faded, but would be content with anything, including a scan so I don't have to recreate the art.
Philink.jpgink.jpg

#302 9 years ago

Ok, need a complete head to a GTB King of diamonds...well at least the guts, can find a empty head and glass. Anybody? Got the base but no head.

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Ha! After much UPS bullshit the backbox arrived, well sort of. Hoov packed it nicely, but of course UPS used it for field goal practice and broke the backglass... then they would not deliver it with broken glass, so they sent it back to Hoov. I did not need the glass but thought it might be cool to hang on the wall, so no great loss. Anyway, once it finally got back to him he shook the glass out, taped it up & resent it back across the country to me. More field goal practice then they delivered.
Upon opening the box, there was not one unbroken wood panel... even the bottom board was cracked in two.
DAMN UPS- hate them!
Again, I really-really appreciate all of Hoov's hard work on shipping this... it's no fault of his that it was destroyed in shipment. I have an awesome set of tools, I can fix it.

RG backbox.JPG 43 KB

Yikes! They're supposed to put it IN the truck; not run it over WITH the truck!

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Upon opening the box, there was not one unbroken wood panel... even the bottom board was cracked in two.

Mate, i would have so pissed if that is what i received.

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yikes! They're supposed to put it IN the truck; not run it over WITH the truck!

Expect every parcel to be able to withstand a 6 foot drop. Due to their conveyor system, it happens quite often. The other thing to remember is they are taught NOT to lift heavy packages to prevent personal injury. They instead, "roll" or tumble them end over end (such is the case of 75 pound CRT monitor boxes). The other thing to keep in mind is those semi trailer trucks you see driving down the road are filled to the top with boxes. Always expect your box to be on the bottom of the heap so it also needs to withstand the load on top.

We actually did have one box delivered that you could tell it WAS run over by a truck tire. The PCB inside was split down the middle. No drop could do that!

With all the complaints about USPS, I still think they might be the better choice as there may be more human handling and less machine processing when it comes to boxes that can't be handled by the automated equipment.

Just my personal opinions based on personal experience.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

With all the complaints about USPS, I still think they might be the better choice

I Never had a problem with items shipped Fed-Ex.

Ken

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I Never had a problem with items shipped Fed-Ex.
Ken

Neither have I. +1

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

Mate, i would have so pissed if that is what i received.

No big deal, I just really needed the backboard that holds the score reels anyway. The box was not perfect to start with & I can fix this. It's just wood & it won't be a museum piece....

#309 9 years ago

wow id be pissed. Hope there was at least insurance on it

--Jeff

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Ha! After much UPS bullshit the backbox arrived, well sort of. Hoov packed it nicely, but of course UPS used it for field goal practice and broke the backglass... then they would not deliver it with broken glass, so they sent it back to Hoov. I did not need the glass but thought it might be cool to hang on the wall, so no great loss. Anyway, once it finally got back to him he shook the glass out, taped it up & resent it back across the country to me. More field goal practice then they delivered.
DAMN UPS- hate them!
Again, I really-really appreciate all of Hoov's hard work on shipping this... it's no fault of his that it was destroyed in shipment. I have an awesome set of tools, I can fix it.

OK, to set the record straight and solve this mystery, per dasvis's instructions, I wrapped the backbox in heavy cardboard after I placed a piece of thin wood paneling over the backglass. The backglass wasn't good enough to go in a machine but would look ok in a game room on a wall. I told the guy at UPS all the recipient wanted was the wood backbox but I included the old backglass in it at his request. The guy told me he couldn't guarantee the glass wouldn't get broke en route and I said it was ok - he only needs the backbox so if it breaks ship it to him anyway.

It almost made it all the way there when they broke the glass and that set the wheels at UPS in motion. They sent an e-mail stating that it would be returned to the sender. I called the next morning and the local office said that it was damaged in transit and there was broken glass - and it was dangerous for the workers to handle it and there may be chemicals involved - so it would have to be sent back. I called 2 other times to check on it and they said it went to 2 wrong locations and they would update the recipient when it arrived. I have waited for about 3 weeks now for them to get back to me telling me the package has been returned to where I dropped it off. I had told dasvis I would remove the broken glass, repackage, and send it back to him - problem is they never contacted me saying it was back at where I dropped it off.

It might have went to a "Damage Center" where they disassemble the damaged item so it's "safe' to be shipped back out - I don't know. Looks like wherever it went they weren't too careful with it.

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

OK, to set the record straight and solve this mystery, per dasvis's instructions, I wrapped the backbox in heavy cardboard after I placed a piece of thin wood paneling over the backglass. The backglass wasn't good enough to go in a machine but would look ok in a game room on a wall. I told the guy at UPS all the recipient wanted was the wood backbox but I included the old backglass in it at his request. The guy told me he couldn't guarantee the glass wouldn't get broke en route and I said it was ok - he only needs the backbox so if it breaks ship it to him anyway.
It almost made it all the way there when they broke the glass and that set the wheels at UPS in motion. They sent an e-mail stating that it would be returned to the sender. I called the next morning and the local office said that it was damaged in transit and there was broken glass - and it was dangerous for the workers to handle it and there may be chemicals involved - so it would have to be sent back. I called 2 other times to check on it and they said it went to 2 wrong locations and they would update the recipient when it arrived. I have waited for about 3 weeks now for them to get back to me telling me the package has been returned to where I dropped it off. I had told dasvis I would remove the broken glass, repackage, and send it back to him - problem is they never contacted me saying it was back at where I dropped it off.
It might have went to a "Damage Center" where they disassemble the damaged item so it's "safe' to be shipped back out - I don't know. Looks like wherever it went they weren't too careful with it.

Again - Thanks Hoov for all of the hassle this one was - no fault of yours whatsoever. I really appreciate it.
Whoever cleaned out the glass did a good job of removal... NO traces were found.
Just thought I would post a photo for some good old UPS humor.

#313 9 years ago

They could have done better - I wouldn't be too happy if I were in your shoes. It saddens me to see that pic.

#314 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

They could have done better - I wouldn't be too happy if I were in your shoes. It saddens me to see that pic.

No point in getting all worked up over nothing. It's just pinball.

Heck, I will post a pic of the rebuilt head once it's done...

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I wrapped the backbox in heavy cardboard after I placed a piece of thin wood paneling over the backglass.

I wonder if you were to put roofing nails in that wood paneling surrounding the outer perimeter of shipping box ,just under the cardboard box so when someone goes to kick the box into the goal post they get impaled.
A tetanus shot is fun if you want to use rusty ones..... That will teach em.

#316 9 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

No point in getting all worked up over nothing. It's just pinball.
Heck, I will post a pic of the rebuilt head once it's done...

Looking forward to seeing the pics...........

#317 9 years ago

Looking for Gottlieb five bank drop target units, ala Abra ca Dabra. Ideally need to find four. Also looking for a shot but populated Gottlieb EM playfield, preferably with 3 inch flippers for a project, lastly looking for a Gottlieb roto target unit, super spin style not king of diamonds style, though if guess I'd use the KOD style if that's all I could find.

#318 9 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Looking for Gottlieb five bank drop target units, ala Abra ca Dabra. Ideally need to find four. Also looking for a shot but populated Gottlieb EM playfield, preferably with 3 inch flippers for a project, lastly looking for a Gottlieb roto target unit, super spin style not king of diamonds style, though if guess I'd use the KOD style if that's all I could find.

there is one on ebay now

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from frb:

there is one on ebay now

Thanks but I also need the rest of the mechanism, the bracket, solenoid, etc.

#320 9 years ago

This is going to be tough to find I think.

I have a 2 chute coin entrance housing for 1977 Big Hit. It is missing the piece of metal that sits behind it and has 3 screw holes. It secures the coin entrance plates. Need the 3 screws as well. Don't even know the part number as doesn't seem to be in catalog - everything else seems to be!

See photo - the metal piece with 3 screws in it.

IMG_8082.JPGIMG_8082.JPG IMG_8083.JPGIMG_8083.JPG
#321 9 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

5 Banks are going to be pretty hard since most games that used a 5 bank only used one (except for games like Fast Draw). Many multi-bank games typically had banks with only 4 targets. That means, 4 different games would need to be junked for 4 banks. Here is one. Probably about the typical pricing you would pay. There are others but I think $42 and $59 is a bit steep to pay.

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Haunted House Pinball playfield drop target assembly Black hole

Here is another well priced one:

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Pinball 5 bank drop target assy parts from SS Close Encounters

You may also want to call Steve Young at PBR and see if he has any New Old stock. There were a lot of those kind of things that came out of the closing of Premier.

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Could use 1 correct pop bumper cap for a 1975 Williams Triple Strike in good condition. Same used on a 1974 Williams Star Pool. Green 100 point. Mine has the wrong one and PBR does not make them.
IPDB example: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2652&picno=24628
Ken

I know where there are two. Same guy I got the Flipper from. PM me and I'll hook you up if he still has them. I saw them in person. You may want to request not using UPS.

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Could use 1 correct pop bumper cap for a 1975 Williams Triple Strike in good condition. Same used on a 1974 Williams Star Pool. Green 100 point. Mine has the wrong one and PBR does not make them.

IPDB example: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2652&picno=24628

*UPDATE 8/17/04: Found the part thanks to o-din so cancel this request*

Ken

Thanks once again to o-din for tracking a source for me to get the part.

Edit 8/21/14: part arrived today as described by seller, I'm totally happy with the purchase.

Ken

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

This is going to be tough to find I think.
I have a 2 chute coin entrance housing for 1977 Big Hit. It is missing the piece of metal that sits behind it and has 3 screw holes. It secures the coin entrance plates. Need the 3 screws as well. Don't even know the part number as doesn't seem to be in catalog - everything else seems to be!
See photo - the metal piece with 3 screws in it.

IMG_1045.JPGIMG_1045.JPG
Not too tough to find

#325 9 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

IMG_1045.JPG 152 KB

Brilliant - you have mail

#326 9 years ago

looking for the top left plastic for a gottlieb high hand..this is the plastic that sits above the diamond cards..

will buy a complete set if needed

#327 9 years ago

Looking for a Buckaroo backglass....need not be perfect. The one I have has a huge crack across it (seller called it a "slight crack"!

#328 9 years ago
Quoted from gottguy:

Looking for a Buckaroo backglass....need not be perfect. The one I have has a huge crack across it (seller called it a "slight crack"!

You know Shay has them. May not be perfect
http://shayarcadegroup.com/

#329 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

You know Shay has them. May not be perfect
http://shayarcadegroup.com/

Shay's been out of stock for awhile, but a re-run is supposed to be done "soon".

#330 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Shay's been out of stock for awhile, but a re-run is supposed to be done "soon".

Hmm, his site needs updating.

#331 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Always.

#332 9 years ago

If you try to add a bg to chart you'll see zero stock...

#333 9 years ago

Need a used Target Alpha drop target

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Five bank drop target unit, here ya go...

ebay.com link: ws

Good luck!

#335 9 years ago

I am in search of a couple of sets of Williams coin door trim from the 70's. I don't need the part that is attached to the coin door just the other 3. Any help would be awesome! Thanks in advance! Chris

#336 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Need a used Target Alpha drop target

Have a couple on the way thanks to tuffano........

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Cinderella is on that same schedule

#338 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I heard Shay has recently had some health issues. I hope he's getting well and getting back with it soon.

#339 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Looking forward to seeing the pics...........

Coming along... Damn that's a lot of screwing & gluing. Not perfect, but a little cutting & laying in of some thin laminate on the face and I should be able to make it look presentable once filled & painted. Hopefully I got it square, err, wedge. The corner triangular wood braces seem to fit pretty snugly as they should - once the glue sets up I will put those in place.
photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#340 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinbee:

For a Jumping Jack, hoping to find a pair of the upper roll-over divider "toppers", metal with arrow cut-out.

I have these.

I am in the middle of parting a Target Alpha, Quick Draw and Jack in the Box. All were involved in a fire a while back. The metal parts are fine - the smoke cleans off with no problem. The closer to the ceiling the higher the heat so the parts in the backbox got more damage than the cabinet. Still I have salvaged and flattened plastics, etc.

PM me with your needs. I've already salvaged a lot of good parts from these for other machines, but hopefully I have what you need.

#341 9 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

looking for the plastic for a Gottlieb Spin Out, the one right behind the roto target

Hi,

If you want, I have the scan.

---

Wanted : Dead or Alive - In any condition
Gottlieb CHARLIE'S ANGELS EM (not SS version or Fipermatic Brazil-Manaus) & Gottlieb SPACE WALK
You find, you win : REWARD USD 500 each !

#342 9 years ago

Shout out to tuffano who sent me a couple drop targets I needed for a Target Alpha I'm working on. Thanks again!

#343 9 years ago

Looking for Big Deal plastic.
The one iI've go is missing the top part.

20140703_103639.jpg20140703_103639.jpg
#344 9 years ago

looking to buy a set of the Bally EM Fireball repro plastic set that were made a few years ago

#345 9 years ago

Wizard I have a big deal and can scan that plastic if you have a way to make one.

Pm me your email and I can get it on Tuesday.

#346 9 years ago

I'm looking for a Camelot MINI POST (RUBBER) R-520
The one I got with the cabinet has seen better days. Because I reprint the playfield, I can't use the original. I poured a "copy" out of silicone so the game can be played, but I would like to have a better replacement. Anybody a suggestion?

The one on the left is the  original ;)The one on the left is the original

#347 9 years ago

What did Stern use for the "Skill Posts" for Europe? Were they rubber? Wasn't one used for the Fire Plug between the flippers on Fire!. I know WMS used the mini post in the 70's EM era (games like Super Star).

http://www.pbresource.com/rubber/wll-23-6623.jpg

#348 9 years ago

Looking for a complete plastics set scan of a '76 Williams Grand Prix or purchase a set if available.

#349 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

What did Stern use for the "Skill Posts" for Europe? Were they rubber? Wasn't one used for the Fire Plug between the flippers on Fire!. I know WMS used the mini post in the 70's EM era (games like Super Star).
http://www.pbresource.com/rubber/wll-23-6623.jpg

I don't see any "Skill Posts" for sale. The fire plug looks the same, but it's red. Not a big problem, but it's also out of stock
As you said, there are more games that used these mini posts, but I still can't find a replacement.

#350 9 years ago
Quoted from Ramakers:

I'm looking for a Camelot MINI POST (RUBBER) R-520
The one I got with the cabinet has seen better days. Because I reprint the playfield, I can't use the original. I poured a "copy" out of silicone so the game can be played, but I would like to have a better replacement. Anybody a suggestion?
The one on the left is the original

P1110429.JPG 175 KB

They look like a couple of marshmallows; a toasted one and an untoasted one!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Nashua, NH
Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shaker Heights, OH
$ 12.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 42.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

There are 10,341 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 207.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.