9BDC6414-E9D8-4D92-A59B-EDDDD12724EB (resized).jpeg
IMG_2369 (resized).jpg
20211204_123034 (resized).jpg
20211204_123019 (resized).jpg
20211204_123006 (resized).jpg
FEA22117-98CD-4986-81ED-CA624C9D5E03 (resized).jpeg
FB0AF9F8-A08C-41C9-9F49-806E70226573 (resized).jpeg
2021-12-03_12-07-42 (resized).jpg

There are 8,396 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 168.
#3101 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Make sure to get the reels, the 1s, or 10's or 100s. Skyline an AAB? 1000's

Skyline isnt an add a ball. Only have the 1s, 10s, and 100s. I just need parts from it though. I won't be changing the entire reel assembly.

#3102 4 years ago

Whoops double posted.

#3103 4 years ago

Looking for an original pb cap like this one off of an early 60''s Williams

14891602668192034787340 (resized).jpg

#3104 4 years ago

Hey hoov,12.00 each at pin resource.he he.after seeing prices for those new.I cleaned my old ones too.ha ha .play field of what I can see looks awesome.old Williams I'm guessing.I see a little red missing around pop bumper.advice.get some sharpies permanent markers.come in all gott ,Williams colors.they make them in all colors.Walmart ect.will have them.then if color is slight off.wax will blend them.works good for little spots.won't guarantee for big spots.but fixed a few of mine a lot better than what I had.after waxing in I couldn't tell it had been touched up.example.used them to touch up scuffs around pool balls .ect.looks a lot better.

IMG_20170117_192010 (resized).jpg

#3105 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrian:

Hey hoov,12.00 each at pin resource.he he.after seeing prices for those new.I cleaned my old ones too.ha ha .play field of what I can see looks awesome.old Williams I'm guessing.I see a little red missing around pop bumper.advice.get some sharpies permanent markers.come in all gott ,Williams colors.they make them in all colors.Walmart ect.will have them.then if color is slight off.wax will blend them.works good for little spots.won't guarantee for big spots.but fixed a few of mine a lot better than what I had.after waxing in I couldn't tell it had been touched up.example.used them to touch up scuffs around pool balls .ect.looks a lot better.

You got a game with a nice playfield - congrats.

Yeah, I'm looking for an original cap if I can find one.

#3106 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Yeah, I'm looking for an original cap if I can find one.

PM sent

#3107 4 years ago

Hey hoov ,I figured you were looking for orig.just most are faded or warped for parts.but when seen play field.spot it got me thinking about touch up.thought everyone would like to know touch up trick if they weren't hip to it yet.can I ask what game you have.colors look very vibrant.hard to believe spot as good as your colors look.

#3108 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrian:

Good advice as long as you are not clear coating over the sharpie. Any sharpie ink will run if you spray an automotive clear coat over it. I use sharpies to touch up the lettering on my pop bumper caps.

Also, nice king pin! I have one that I will be restoring soon. I bought a replacement red jet bumper cap from pbr last month and it's almost an exact replica of what is on there. Mine had a crack in it.

#3109 4 years ago

Hi breihl.my bad.no don't clear coat at all.just use wax.I never clear coat a play field unless I'm putting down mylar overlay.another topic.I just clean and wax orig.I could not tell diff in any plastic parts I have purchased from pbr.I'm just glad new parts are available. I would not take up this hobby if not.and let's face it .these games are average 40-50 years old.most of these kids today never seen but a few .and the play fields are what they are.I say do what you have to do to make them pretty and working.I understand orig is important to some.and I can respect that.but personally.if I could only go orig.I would not enjoy this hobby.or would I be satisfied with ugly piece of junk for my money.and if your married ,you may have Ali vs Frazier on the lawn before you can buy another.he .he.just saying.ha ha.

#3110 4 years ago

I wish someone sold solid colored vinyl pop bumper protectors. This Spanish Eyes I recently acquired is really nice overall. The weakness is heavy wear around the pops. DC pops are really cool but that explosive power comes with a cost. Some colored adhesive backed vinyl protectors would be just the ticket.

#3111 4 years ago

Hey,alexf.can you tell me what are DC pops.never heard of them.

#3112 4 years ago

Spanish Eyes is the first Williams game to switch from AC to DC power on the pop bumpers. This makes them a lot more powerful. And I thought the older Williams games were pretty snappy.

#3113 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Looking for an original pb cap like this one off of an early 60''s Williams

Are these OK?

Caps (resized).jpg

#3114 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I wish someone sold solid colored vinyl pop bumper protectors. This Spanish Eyes I recently acquired is really nice overall. The weakness is heavy wear around the pops. DC pops are really cool but that explosive power comes with a cost. Some colored adhesive backed vinyl protectors would be just the ticket.

I think there is a way to do this. I know a Pinside guy who does custom decals for his playfields. Could you not print out the correct color in the shape of a clear protector, apply it and cover with the mylar clear? Color could be matched perfectly. Let me know if that would work and I will drop him a line.

#3115 4 years ago
Quoted from Chum43:

I think there is a way to do this. I know a Pinside guy who does custom decals for his playfields. Could you not print out the correct color in the shape of a clear protector, apply it and cover with the mylar clear? Color could be matched perfectly. Let me know if that would work and I will drop him a line.

Couldn't you just buy some colored vinyl and use a compass to cut a circle of it? I assume that 3m vinyl wrap they use on vehicles would be as durable as those mylar rings.

#3116 4 years ago
Quoted from Briehl:

Couldn't you just buy some colored vinyl and use a compass to cut a circle of it? I assume that 3m vinyl wrap they use on vehicles would be as durable as those mylar rings.

That might work. I didn't want this to get too involved. The game is just filler for the time, although more fun than anticipated. I just thought if there were a quick and easy solution to dress up that area and protect it I'd be interested.

#3117 4 years ago

That just gave me idea( light bulb). Flash flash.I had some made at office depot.he has all diff materials. I used d it to make a plastic set for my flash Gordon.also p m hoov on those caps.he can add color to trim platters.thank you .it proves sometimes two heads are better than one.I'm liking that idea.have office depot color a sheet of same material.cut to fit.

#3118 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

That might work. I didn't want this to get too involved. The game is just filler for the time, although more fun than anticipated. I just thought if there were a quick and easy solution to dress up that area and protect it I'd be interested.

It thought this was a pretty quick and easy fix. Buy a sheet, cut as many circles as you need and stick them down. Short of not doing anything at all, I don't see much beine less involved?

#3119 4 years ago
Quoted from Briehl:

It thought this was a pretty quick and easy fix. Buy a sheet, cut as many circles as you need and stick them down. Short of not doing anything at all, I don't see much beine less involved?

Simple enough I suppose but involves going out and buying the materials and a compass. Then hoping I could cut perfect circles. Ideally somebody with a plotter was making these and I could just buy a few.

I do have a few of those old Wico woodgrain ones but I'm not evil enough to put them down.

#3120 4 years ago

I'm thinking about having some made.called off depot.same guy still works there.he said he could ,no problem.will update subject as soon as we see finished product.

#3121 4 years ago

Just picked up an Eye of the Tiger and need to replace one light purple/rose-colored broken drop target. Don't want a full set from PBR if I don't have to.

Sinbad has this color drop target too.

1489677032750-2038555905 (resized).jpg

#3122 4 years ago
Quoted from Briehl:

Hey everyone.
So after searching locally and on ebay for a part, I am coming here hoping someone can help me.
I'm trying to get my gottlieb skyline back together and went to solder in a new coil in the score reel which was missing, and I am missing the mount and coil stop, as well as the metal plunger for the coil that connects to the linkage of the score reel. I asked at pinball resource when I placed an order there but they told me they don't sell those.
Does anyone have these and wouldn't mind parting with them? They are the rat trap stype score reels.
Thanks!

So I'm still looking for these parts. I sent Ralph a pm but have yet to hear anything back, so I'm assuming he can't find any. This is pretty much the last thing that I need the finish up!

#3123 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Just picked up an Eye of the Tiger and need to replace one light purple/rose-colored broken drop target. Don't want a full set from PBR if I don't have to.
Sinbad has this color drop target too.

If you can't find a single matching drop target I wouldn't be so worried about matching color for it. And even if it is an issue you can always get three of them so they do match.

#3124 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

If you can't find a single matching drop target I wouldn't be so worried about matching color for it. And even if it is an issue you can always get three of them so they do match.

Matching color isn't a big issue as me trying to save a few $$$$'s. I would gladly pay for one drop versus 10. If I can't find one, this pf would justify the cost of a new set.

BTW, Mike, have you received the new drop target style Steve is hot-stamping now? The new ones are slightly curved in the back and don't lay flat like the old- and it makes the face of the drop target about a quarter inch closer to the player. Which means you can't mix new with old because the new is out of line with the rest in the row.

#3125 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Matching color isn't a big issue as me trying to save a few $$$$'s. I would gladly pay for one drop versus 10. If I can't find one, this pf would justify the cost of a new set.
BTW, Mike, have you received the new drop target style Steve is hot-stamping now? The new ones are slightly curved in the back and don't lay flat like the old- and it makes the face of the drop target about a quarter inch closer to the player. Which means you can't mix new with old because the new is out of line with the rest in the row.

Dave, I have not ordered any drop targets in a long time. So you are saying he has materially changed the physical configuration of the face of the target? How can that be? The design, for it to drop cleanly, has to be a flat front configuration. Do you have a picture of one? Nothing on his website gives any indication of a design change or incompatibility with the original targets.

You're not confusing the early Bally/Stern drops with the Gottlieb drops, are you? The Bally/Stern came in two configurations with a lip at the top to make the top surface deeper and cover the gap in the playfield more completely. I don't know the philosophy of where they applied which one.

My comment above was relative to the few colored targets I have purchased in the past from Steve. I struggle with his new whiter than white targets as they are too white for my tastes. I will do everything I can to keep original targets on my games where the background was originally white. But his colored targets I've found are quite acceptable. And worst case scenario you could buy only the three purple targets for your EotT and be just fine if the purple doesn't match what is on the game now. This is all assuming they follow the original design.

#3126 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Dave, I have not ordered any drop targets in a long time. So you are saying he has materially changed the physical configuration of the face of the target? How can that be? The design, for it to drop cleanly, has to be a flat front configuration. Do you have a picture of one? Nothing on his website gives any indication of a design change or incompatibility with the original targets.
You're not confusing the early Bally/Stern drops with the Gottlieb drops, are you? The Bally/Stern came in two configurations with a lip at the top to make the top surface deeper and cover the gap in the playfield more completely. I don't know the philosophy of where they applied which one.
My comment above was relative to the few colored targets I have purchased in the past from Steve. I struggle with his new whiter than white targets as they are too white for my tastes. I will do everything I can to keep original targets on my games where the background was originally white. But his colored targets I've found are quite acceptable. And worst case scenario you could buy only the three purple targets for your EotT and be just fine if the purple doesn't match what is on the game now. This is all assuming they follow the original design.

Mike,

I struggle with the new white targets too.

Here's the new drop target design (GTB black J for a Jacks Open I did) from a new plastic drop target supplier. Steve still hot stamps them at PBR (Donal Murphy used too).

Notice the new design on the left - old on the right. Just slightly different design from the old - but when you mix new with old, the face of the target is closer to the player by a little - they don't line up in a row of old ones.

1489764117828354996547 (resized).jpg

#3127 4 years ago

1489764396294-1158541823 (resized).jpg

#3128 4 years ago

I noticed this a while ago.

Big pain.

Have to find originals or completely replace

#3129 4 years ago

Ok,

Just got off the phone with Steve Young.

He said mold hasn't changed since around 2000 or so. Said if the mold gets off he has to get that resolved. Has had to do it before. I'm not sure how a mold could get off that much, but then again I don't know anything about molds.

#3130 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Ok,
Just got off the phone with Steve Young.
He said mold hasn't changed since around 2000 or so. Said if the mold gets off he has to get that resolved. Has had to do it before. I'm not sure how a mold could get off that much, but then again I don't know anything about molds.

I see no difference on the front side of the target.

That does not look like the mold has deteriorated. It looks like a design change to the back edge of the drop target, I suspect, for the reset bar. Not sure what changes they made to the drop target mech after EM. They should not face in different planes based on the step on the front of the target stem.

What does the back side look like? To me it looks like you could sand down the enhanced ribs on the back side and, effectively, have an original target design.

#3131 4 years ago

The more I look at it there appears that there may be a slight difference to the straightness of the new target as viewed from the side.

If that is the case I don't think replacing just the three purple targets will stand out.

#3132 4 years ago

The letters are different on the repros as well.

#3133 4 years ago

Looking for bumper caps for Gottlieb Egg Head. I've been putting off ordering new ones from PBR

IMG_2923 2 (resized).JPG

#3134 4 years ago

Looking for zaccaria pop bumper bodies and caps.

IMG_1855 (resized).JPG

#3135 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Mike,
I struggle with the new white targets too.
Here's the new drop target design (GTB black J for a Jacks Open I did) from a new plastic drop target supplier. Steve still hot stamps them at PBR (Donal Murphy used too).
Notice the new design on the left - old on the right. Just slightly different design from the old - but when you mix new with old, the face of the target is closer to the player by a little - they don't line up in a row of old ones.

I e-mailed Steve my pic of the two drop targets with different designs and here's what he said:

The difference in the rear of the target....was an old design, changed by Gottlieb per the history of the drawing we have. We made to the latest print.

#3137 4 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Anyone need some GTB wire spools??

Hahahaha. That is rich.

#3138 4 years ago

Ha ha ,yes I'll take them.have a wico,and an Atari I want to rewire.ha ha.

#3139 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I e-mailed Steve my pic of the two drop targets with different designs and here's what he said:
The difference in the rear of the target....was an old design, changed by Gottlieb per the history of the drawing we have. We made to the latest print.

Dave- I dug through my spare and leftover drop targets and found, as an example, NOS El Dorado cactus drops and some are original design and some are new design.

I see nothing to the new design with the ribs on the back that would keep one from inserting this next to an original design and fully believe they would function just fine and the faces would align straight on the top side of the playfield. Short of color or art differences you should not be able to tell any difference.

If you have one with a curved face or back I would expect it is a defect.

#3140 4 years ago

Looking for Gottlieb Happy Clown plastics. Im missing the upper right one but would buy all three. Please Pm me.

#3141 4 years ago

I could use the piece of paper that goes behind the instruction card. They're probably not hard to reproduce however the right paper is the problem. This is out of a Gottlieb Sing Along.

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#3142 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I could use the piece of paper that goes behind the instruction card. They're probably not hard to reproduce however the right paper is the problem. This is out of a Gottlieb Sing Along.

I just bought one of these from pinball resource for really cheap

#3143 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Dave- I dug through my spare and leftover drop targets and found, as an example, NOS El Dorado cactus drops and some are original design and some are new design.
I see nothing to the new design with the ribs on the back that would keep one from inserting this next to an original design and fully believe they would function just fine and the faces would align straight on the top side of the playfield. Short of color or art differences you should not be able to tell any difference.
If you have one with a curved face or back I would expect it is a defect.

Not a curved face or a mold issue - has to be design according to Steve's e-mail reply.

When you put a new design and an old design drop in a line the new one is not in exact line with old. Not a big difference but a difference.

No worries - I'm probably going to have to order 3 new ones anyway.

#3144 4 years ago
Quoted from Briehl:

I just bought one of these from pinball resource for really cheap

Thank you, I'll check it out!

#3145 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Thank you, I'll check it out!

For sure PBR... I tried printing them and it nearly impossible to duplicate.

#3146 4 years ago
Quoted from Briehl:

So I'm still looking for these parts. I sent Ralph a pm but have yet to hear anything back, so I'm assuming he can't find any. This is pretty much the last thing that I need the finish up!

Hi Brett are these what you need ? I will send the extra bits you need and a spare100pt coil as they sometimes half cooked .
DSCF1669 (resized).JPGDSCF1663 (resized).JPG

DSCF1664 (resized).JPG

#3147 4 years ago
Quoted from Ralph67:

Hi Brett are these what you need ? I will send the extra bits you need and a spare100pt coil as they sometimes half cooked .

That's them for sure!

#3148 4 years ago
Quoted from Ralph67:

Be sure to pack it well if you are sending the score reel also. Those metal score reels are very delicate. It might even be easier to remove it and pack is separately so you can protect it easier.

I bought a few of these on eBay several years ago and the reels arrived almost indistinguishable.

Not questioning your packing skills.

#3149 4 years ago

I recently bought a Gottlieb World Series and one of the targets on the roto unit is busted off (it's one of the "single" ones). I've tried PBR, my local pinball salvage guys, Rick and pinball USA, etc. and can't seem to find one of these.

I figured I'd stop in here and see if anyone had a target or a roto unit that they'd want to move along.

If all else fails I'll make something that will do the trick but I'd rather have original if I could.

Thanks,

Dave

#3150 4 years ago

wtb:early 60's williams coin door
looking for a good door skin for a 1962 williams 4 roses. the one i have is dented and has holes drilled into it from a security lock.
don't need the trim or the guts. the door skin is all i need but will take everything if that is what you have to sell. i a lot of gottlieb parts that could be traded also

There are 8,396 posts in this topic. You are on page 63 of 168.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside