Topic Stats

• 5,869 posts
  • 554 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by John_In_WI
  • Topic is favorited by 143 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,755 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2020-01-08_12-02-46 (resized).jpg
canon03092019 041 (resized).JPG
4c219ef0b0082086061a4aeae762976b4d09c636 (resized).jpg
twinhoc2 (resized).jpg
2709F37F-DF6A-4562-8027-86031EF03E3A (resized).jpeg
Gottlieb_lockdown_slide_2 (resized).jpg
Gottlieb_lockdown_slide_1 (resized).jpg
Parts Needed (resized).jpg
Parts Needed1 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_20200113_065559 (resized).jpg
DSC00736 (resized).JPG
IMG_3642 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200110_152544172 (resized).jpg
6C983197-4F9D-4B97-B50E-48DD974B0032 (resized).jpeg
2019-12-13 10.02.16 (resized).jpg
2019-12-13 10.02.24 (resized).jpg

There are 5869 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 118.
#2851 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Served up with a little possum stew.

Hmmmm, I don't know about possum stew.

But I 'can' tell you... fried squirrel is surprisingly good, way better than rabbit or young raccoon.

And I guess while I'm at it.... elk over deer anytime.

This is important and relevant information to the pinball community. : )

#2852 3 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

What is the length of the red inlane guides?

Gottlieb part number is C-15646 Red roll over guide.

#2853 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

But I 'can' tell you... fried squirrel is surprisingly good, way better than rabbit or young raccoon.

You're welcome to come by and hunt all the squirrel you like.

#2854 3 years ago

I've had squirrel. It wasn't so bad.

#2855 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You're welcome to come by and hunt all the squirrel you like.

I'm sure all your neighbors would love that!

#2856 3 years ago
Quoted from alimerick:

Hello,
Sorta new to EM had a Sweet Hearts in 1977 and just got one again. Are there reproduction lables available for the insides of this era of pinballs? Would like to at least get the "Have you checked etc." ones I have seen on nicely restored ones online.
Thank You

Have you tried Peter "Inkochnito" Koch site. PDF's and Word files of labels and cards.

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

From coil wrappers to game specific cards - a fantastic repository.

--Tom

#2857 3 years ago

Thank You for information and locations for cards.
Happy Holidays
Andy

#2858 3 years ago

Looking for Bally EM plastic playfield inserts. Specific game I have is Bon Voyage but I think they are standard size, looks like my Aladdin's castle are the same. They are the bonus inserts.

#2859 3 years ago

Looking for a Williams Credit Unit Metal Guard Shield for my 1964 Heat Wave. Mine was missing when I bought the machine. Nothing currently on eBay. (the one shown is from my 1962 Williams King Pin which uses the same shield)

DSC00507 (resized).JPG

#2860 3 years ago

Does anyone reproduce 60s Williams rollover button inserts? I thought I had seen a discussion about someone wanting to produce some about a year ago maybe. Or if anyone has a good used one laying around. Mine has shrunken about 1/8"!

IMG_20161212_194434117 (resized).jpg

#2861 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Looking for a Williams Credit Unit Metal Guard Shield for my 1964 Heat Wave. Mine was missing when I bought the machine. Nothing currently on eBay. (the one shown is from my 1962 Williams King Pin which uses the same shield)

Maybe - I can't check until this coming weekend. Will advise.......

Dasvis

#2862 3 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Maybe - I can't check until this coming weekend. Will advise.......
Dasvis

Cool beans.

#2863 3 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

Does anyone reproduce 60s Williams rollover button inserts? I thought I had seen a discussion about someone wanting to produce some about a year ago maybe. Or if anyone has a good used one laying around. Mine has shrunken about 1/8"!

If it was chipped, cracked or broken, okay... but it isn't.

Just reglue the thing and call it macaroni.

#2864 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

If it was chipped, cracked or broken, okay... but it isn't.
Just reglue the thing and call it macaroni.

That was my plan but seriously it's not even close. I'd need gobs of epoxy with some kind of filler to keep it from flowing out and try to fill the gap without getting epoxy on the pf while holding it level somehow... Better to just find a new one I think. It seems like someone tried to glue it in the past with something that melted it.

#2865 3 years ago

That was my plan but seriously it's not even close. I'd need gobs of epoxy with some kind of filler to keep it from flowing out and try to fill the gap without getting epoxy on the pf while holding it level somehow... Better to just find a new one I think. It seems like someone tried to glue it in the past with something that melted it.

Wrap the insert with tape around its outside until it press-fits in the playfield. Ive used butcher tape as clay suggests on his site, but honestly painters tape worked just as well for me. Then you can glue it in with wood glue or super glue if you like. I find it less permanent to not glue it but up to you.

#2866 3 years ago

Need a playfield to a Williams Friendship7 game...

#2867 3 years ago

Does anyone reproduce 60s Williams rollover button inserts? I thought I had seen a discussion about someone wanting to produce some about a year ago maybe. Or if anyone has a good used one laying around. Mine has shrunken about 1/8"

Are these what you need?

2016-12-13 21.41.43 (resized).jpg

#2868 3 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

Are these what you need?

No, thanks, I have the buttons, I need the actual insert.

Quoted from PhilC:

Wrap the insert with tape around its outside until it press-fits in the playfield. Ive used butcher tape as clay suggests on his site, but honestly painters tape worked just as well for me. Then you can glue it in with wood glue or super glue if you like. I find it less permanent to not glue it but up to you.

I think that's the kind of thing I'll end up doing. I have some 1/32" veneer plywood that I'll probably wrap it in. I just thought I read someone was going to make a run of these, must not have panned out.

The playfield in question was probably a dumpster/parts candidate for most, I took the machine for $100. It's down to paint and wood so I'm touching it up and will put a coat of clear on it. That's why I want a more permanent fix.

#2870 3 years ago

Still on the lookout for a 1961 Williams Space Ship lockdown bar. Please pm me if you know where one can be found. Thanks!

#2871 3 years ago

Does Space Ship have wingnuts holding the bar down? I know some of the early of that style did. Don't have a spare but will keep an eye out.

#2872 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Looking for Bally EM plastic playfield inserts. Specific game I have is Bon Voyage... They are the bonus inserts.

Pinball Life has many inserts, you might find them there. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&mode=search&parent=0&mid=0&search_in=all&search_str=Insert&pg=2

#2873 3 years ago

will the inserts from this work?
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1498&picno=37842&zoom=1

#2874 3 years ago

Probably, they look like the same thing and I can't imagine they made multiple sizes. Mine are just shy of 1-3/16" diameter.

#2875 3 years ago

Probably, they look like the same thing and I can't imagine they made multiple sizes. Mine are just shy of 1-3/16" diameter.

the color was my concern, mine are translucent orange almost. the picture you used were red.
if yours isn't broken just sunken. you can remove them and re-level them.

#2876 3 years ago
Quoted from emguy:

Still on the lookout for a 1961 Williams Space Ship lockdown bar. Please pm me if you know where one can be found. Thanks!

Does this work for you?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/53#post-3379951

#2877 3 years ago

Thanks, they're close & so are the ones from pbresource, just hoping to find originals. I think all Bally em playfields had the same size inserts.

#2878 3 years ago

In search of Neptune/Hit-the-Deck pf plastics... CL score of a HtD

#2879 3 years ago

Prime candidate for 3D printing w/ABS plastic. Was going to hire it done at the Dallas Makerspace but sold the pin which needed them.

You can join our Talk forum at talk.dallasmakerspace.org and make a requisition thread. We have a good number of folks with 3D modeling/printing skills who might be willing to take on the job. If you go this route, I recommend printing a bunch for others since no repros exist.

#2880 3 years ago

I have a complete Hurdy Gurdy lower cab., complete Gottlieb Extra Innings head, and complete Lucky Hand head.
Also, be great if a Star Jet playfield appeared.. (T)

#2881 3 years ago

Looking to purchase a Chicago Coin Beatniks Backglass. Mine is really bad, but the rest of the game looks great.

#2882 3 years ago

Looking for a head from either Rack-A-Ball, Bowling Queen or Mibs. Any condition considered.

#2883 3 years ago

Looking for a female side jones plug 12 hole 6 on one side 6 on the other

1218160013 (resized).jpg

#2884 3 years ago

Hi Guys,

Thought this might be a friendly place to ask about a topic I just posted in which I'm curious about public locations for E.M. pinball and arcade games:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/electro-mechanical-location-pinball-and-arcade-games

Any help you can give over there would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor

#2885 3 years ago

The bearings in my Berry 400 tumbler are shot-a legacy of living near the ocean. Although the unit is within warranty it is uneconomic to return to US from Australia. While I will try a few local bearing specialty outlets I wondered whether anyone had a more specific outlet for these bearings (Berry will not supply the part to a consumer). Thks Wayne

#2886 3 years ago

Hi,

I am looking for this central plastic from a Bally Hi-Deal

IMG_3943 (resized).JPG

#2887 3 years ago

Weavo24 sent you a message.

image (resized).jpg

#2888 3 years ago

Looking for a few original early 60s williams parts:
Need 1 pop bumper (jet bumper) body.
Need 2 white rollover guides 2 1/8" hole to hole. One missing one busted.
Thanks!

#2889 3 years ago

IMG_6892 (resized).JPG

#2890 3 years ago

Need two caps and center plastic for a Lucky Hand / Jacks Open

IMG_3612 (resized).JPG

--Tom

#2891 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphod:

Need two caps and center plastic for a Lucky Hand / Jacks Open

--Tom

did you ask Steve at Pinball resource ?

#2892 3 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

did you ask Steve at Pinball resource ?

Not yet.

I have been banned from calling Steve till after the 1st. Every time I call for a $7 part or some advise it turns into a $100+ donation to PBR. Tried to tell the IRS that it was a church as pinball is my religion but that didn't fly.

I am hoping he has the caps but the plastic for over the drops is the tough one -- tho pinball rescue does do the set now. However that would be costly as I would HAVE to add the Grand Slam set, the Vulcan set, the Sweet Heart set and a bunch of other goodies - would make the chat with Steve look cheap!

#2893 3 years ago
Quoted from zaphod:

the Sweet Heart set

I have a set of these plastics that I would let go for (much) cheaper than Pinball Rescue. I am not at home right now to check exact condition, but they are in very nice shape (may even be NOS).

#2894 3 years ago

cancel wanted found on ebarf

#2895 3 years ago

This unknown Bonus Stepper Unit has been sitting around taking up space so it's time to move it on to someone who can use it. The only other information I can give you is that I found it in a Williams Aztec. It does appear to be the same bonus unit that is in Aztec. If so, it will need an A-22-500 step-up solenoid and a B1-26-800 for the reset solenoid.

It will also need a missing spring:

http://www.pbresource.com/springkit.html#bw
KT-WSTEP-01 or you might be able to get away with the cheaper KT-WSTEP-02 spring kit.

Two solenoid stops and screws are missing:

http://www.pbresource.com/signatur.html
Williams Coil Stop AC/DC WLL-A8143+

unknown_bonus_stepper_unit_pcb_side (resized).jpg

unknown_bonus_stepper_unit_solenoide_side (resized).jpg

Please PM me if interested.

#2896 3 years ago

What would be a good replacement for Gottlieb-style lockdown bar on a Recel machine? I think I've read advice about someone adapting a System 80 bar, but I'm not sure if that's right.
This is for a reeeeealy tough looking Criterium 75.

#2897 3 years ago
Quoted from monsonb:

What would be a good replacement for Gottlieb-style lockdown bar on a Recel machine? I think I've read advice about someone adapting a System 80 bar, but I'm not sure if that's right.

If it is standard width and others have adopted a system 80 bar you would probably want to capture the latching mechanism also and adapt the cabinet to this mech.

FWIW the standard width Gottlieb lock bar is basically the same from System 1 all the way through System 3 including the System 80 games.

#2898 3 years ago

I have done the adaptation of a system 1 / system 3 lockdown bar system to my El Dorado.

As mentioned, you will need the slide mechanism to go with the "shark fine" style bar.

Then, you need to pry the small flat wood spacers off the inside front of the cabinet (the spacing is now handled by the slide mech.).

Then I had to trim/cut about a 1/4" notch across the top front edge of the cabinet (closest to the player) to provide clearance for the metal lip of slide mech.

As I recall, that was all that was needed to do it.

Typically, you can get this style lock down bar for around $25 plus around $15 for the slide if you ask the seller if they still have it. The catch is the extra cost for the shipping.

FYI, There is a slight difference in the newer bars. The do seem to overhang the side rails a tiny bit more and don't hug the top edges quit as close. But that is no different than how Premier sold games for many years.

#2899 3 years ago
Quoted from monsonb:

here's a fin style lockdown bar
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Pinball Machine Chrome Lock Down Bar

And I have a receiver for it...

#2900 3 years ago

Seeking a hairpin clip I dropped - it went under the bottom panel.

==========
Happy New Year to all the EM pinsiders !!
==========

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Peoria, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Shelburne Falls, MA
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
There are 5869 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 118.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside