Topic Stats

• 5,859 posts
  • 554 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by SurlyOldPunk
  • Topic is favorited by 143 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,754 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

canon03092019 041 (resized).JPG
4c219ef0b0082086061a4aeae762976b4d09c636 (resized).jpg
twinhoc2 (resized).jpg
2709F37F-DF6A-4562-8027-86031EF03E3A (resized).jpeg
Gottlieb_lockdown_slide_2 (resized).jpg
Gottlieb_lockdown_slide_1 (resized).jpg
Parts Needed (resized).jpg
Parts Needed1 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_20200113_065559 (resized).jpg
DSC00736 (resized).JPG
IMG_3642 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200110_152544172 (resized).jpg
6C983197-4F9D-4B97-B50E-48DD974B0032 (resized).jpeg
2019-12-13 10.02.16 (resized).jpg
2019-12-13 10.02.24 (resized).jpg
2019-12-13 10.02.37 (resized).jpg

There are 5859 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 118.
#2601 3 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

This is the pinup / King Pin plastic I'm after.

20160921_112913 (resized).jpg

20160921_112954 (resized).jpg

20160921_112958 (resized).jpg

#2602 3 years ago

Looks good my large center plastic is bowed maybe 2 plastics now , let me know if anything else you need but I don't have any SS parts

#2604 3 years ago

Anybody know if a Gottlieb score motor and cams fits any game? I'm only concerned about the mounting. I know there's extra screw holes in each one so it seems like the switch stacks are interchangable but just want to make sure before I buy one. (I know you need to switch over the switch stacks)

If anybody has one (must have the cams! and switches would be great too, for spares) has less than the $43 shipped eBay price let me know. Seems a bit high of a price for a part that rarely ever fails or is needed to be replaced, like, almost ever. But in my situation I feel it is necessary.

Looking for one era-similar, so no woodrail stuff/older stuff please, even if it is a possible direct fit. I tend to be picky about what I do to my games and I would feel weird about putting a motor that much older into a game much younger even though they appear similar, and to be specific (and sounding only marginally less nuts), there are a few visual differences that I would like to be correct for the time period, especially since there are probably a bunch of candidates out there with no reason for any price difference, might as well be and get it correct!

I think there's actually a build date on each one but you can't tell without taking the cams off so don't worry about it obviously.

It seems there is another way to tell (mounting in center of plate is different, also has a large hole in the plate that the older ones do not have):

The one I need:
s-l16005 (resized).jpg

Too old:
s-l1600 (47) (resized).jpg

Thanks!

#2605 3 years ago

What game is it for?

The cam wheels might be different. They are common between different games but not all can be used on all games. The parts manual will tell you which games you want to pursue one from.

Motors are mostly era specific. Wood rails have their era. I believe there is a point in the 60's where they changed over to basically the motor they used until the end of the EM era.

#2606 3 years ago

Have one off a Jungle Queen if that works. Price?

ETA: Just read the OP again. $43 seems pretty good price to me. but I'll go $40 shipped if Jungle Queen Works

#2607 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

What game is it for?
The cam wheels might be different. They are common between different games but not all can be used on all games. The parts manual will tell you which games you want to pursue one from.
Motors are mostly era specific. Wood rails have their era. I believe there is a point in the 60's where they changed over to basically the motor they used until the end of the EM era.

1974 Gottlieb Out Of Sight (4P version is Gottlieb's "Far Out")

I think Ken might have one for me. I'll let everybody know how that goes and update if need be.

Thanks! Also, cool to hear they have their own eras. Gives me another reason besides just sounding like a lunatic, lol.

#2608 3 years ago

Ken (pinhead52 here on Pinside) sold me one that will work at a price I was looking for. Thanks guys!

Always has what I need!

#2609 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Ok gang, Im restoring a BankABall and a Flipper Pool. I need some pool balls..
I need a 2, a 5, a 6, and a 14.
I have an extra 3, 10, 15 and a mangled 4.
Anybody want to beat PBRs $15 each price? ie $10? Anybody need any of my spares?
(Flipper Pool is coming out nice)

I just picked up a BAB, it needs a 1,3,5 and 15. Could use your spare 3 and 15!!
PM me if you still have them.

Thanks!

John

#2610 3 years ago

Schematics trade anyone? I have a Bally Bow and Arrow and a World Fair. I need a Bank-A-Ball

#2611 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Schematics trade anyone? I have a Bally Bow and Arrow and a World Fair. I need a Bank-A-Ball

i think i have a few, pm me and i will check.

#2612 3 years ago

One aspect of a Gottlieb Score motor cam set that can often be different is the number and height of the three pegs that can stick up off the top cam. They can be used to help randomize score or special when lit features by being added to the A Relay (alternator) on such games like Jack in the Box or King Kool.

#2613 3 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

One aspect of a Gottlieb Score motor cam set that can often be different is the number and height of the three pegs that can stick up off the top cam. They can be used to help randomize score or special when lit features by being added to the A Relay (alternator) on such games like Jack in the Box or King Kool.

Yea, FarOut and I assume OoS has three short pegs...the one I have for Otaku has a tall and 2 short...should be fine.

#2614 3 years ago
Quoted from monsonb:

The brackets are for a '66 Williams Full House. Here's my broken and bent one:

Would you happen to have a good spare 1966 Williams back box (Bare)?

#2615 3 years ago

Does anyone have a red, lower lane guide for an abra ca dabra?

#2616 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Yea, FarOut and I assume OoS has three short pegs...the one I have for Otaku has a tall and 2 short...should be fine.

Yup, 3 small. Should be fine. The "better" peg will be nice to have as well, makes for a spare that will fit even more games if ever needed, then I just have to pull it out of this machine and put the original one back once it's fixed. But, unless that ever arises, the one I pull out of here and eventually clean up will be my spare and the new-old one will remain in Out Of Sight.

Exciting! (Ex-sight-ing???)

Screenshot_3223 (resized).png

#2617 3 years ago

Still looking for a Golden Arrow populated playfield in decent condition.

#2618 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Still looking for a Golden Arrow populated playfield in decent condition.

and i am still looking for a rainbow unicorn...

#2619 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

its over the other side of the cloud playing my bally double-up.. lets go gettem

#2620 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

unnamed (resized).png

#2621 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Finding parts is like finding games is like finding houses is like finding jobs...........

Timing is everything. I'm hoping someone who sees it might know someone. I see heads and cabinets for sale all the time. Someone out by you where projects go cheap may have picked up a Golden Arrow with a beat-up cabinet and head but the playfield survived - you never know unless you try

It's on my backburner right now - I might even find someone to scan the artwork above the flippers some day. I don't even have it playing yet.

At least I have a few options........

#2622 3 years ago

True, I'm sure we have all found parts we thought we'd never find. They usually come available immediately after selling said game.

#2623 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

True, I'm sure we have all found parts we thought we'd never find. They usually come available immediately after selling said game.

Yea like a NOS pf for my recently acquired Diamond Jack (yes JR I now have two)! BallyOp is back on eBay

#2624 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Finding parts is like finding games is like finding houses is like finding jobs...........
Timing is everything. I'm hoping someone who sees it might know someone. I see heads and cabinets for sale all the time. Someone out by you where projects go cheap may have picked up a Golden Arrow with a beat-up cabinet and head but the playfield survived - you never know unless you try
It's on my backburner right now - I might even find someone to scan the artwork above the flippers some day. I don't even have it playing yet.

I was jus t joking, it is a title that tends to have pf issues even in playable games. can't find it if you don't ask. but in the years I have been doing this, golden is not a title I have seen much. they made 1500+ so you would think they world pop up more then they do.

#2625 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I was jus t joking, it is a title that tends to have pf issues even in playable games. can't find it if you don't ask. but in the years I have been doing this, golden is not a title I have seen much. they made 1500+ so you would think they world pop up more then they do.

Agreed. Only seen two myself in Calif. For all these years. Both in the hands of people that cycle through tons if buys and trades. Never just at a normal auction (been attending pinball auctions since the early 1980s.). Certainly not your typical Craigslist listing type game.

I wonder if most were exported?

#2626 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Dave, I know you were joking. Dirt has had at least one GA, sold one to Wayner in AU, and I have a guy 20 minutes away who has one. That's at least 3. Maybe a few more in the Midwest? I agree, I haven't seen many.

But, I don't give up easy. I'm in no hurry on this game anyway. If I find one fine, if not, I will try to find someone who can scan the artwork onto vinyl. Someday.......... At least I can shop it and play it - minus an 8" circle of paint above the flippers.

#2627 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I have a full scan of my golden arrow playfield if you want.

#2628 3 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Sure! Thanks!

Shoot me a pm when you get time.

#2629 3 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Quoted from monsonb:
The brackets are for a '66 Williams Full House. Here's my broken and bent one:
Would you happen to have a good spare 1966 Williams back box (Bare)?

Sorry, I don't have one.

#2630 3 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Shout-out to BorgDog for sending me the artwork for my Golden Arrow playfield.

Thanks

#2631 3 years ago

I need a green sunburst "10 pts when lit" pop bumper cap to a Flipper Pool Im restoring. The ones PBR sells are "olive green" these days/dont match (left). Im trying to replace the right which has some bulb burn..

Ken

20160925_220323_resized (resized).jpg

#2632 3 years ago

The GTB Sure Shot I restored needed a lockdown bar. And I found one.

I now have a King of Diamonds that ALSO needs a lockdown bar.

WTB: Button/stud style lockdown bar. Not picky, can have end caps (D-10054, pictured) or one-piece (D-14008). Prepared to open my wallet, as I know these are getting harder to find.

I need to start buying games with lockdown bars on them...

GTB_D-10054_LD_Bar (resized).JPG

#2633 3 years ago

I am looking for a scan of a Sweet Hearts playfield.

-- Tom

#2634 3 years ago

Need caps for an OXO.

image (resized).jpeg

#2635 3 years ago

Complete flipper rebuild kit...

Archived after 42 days
Not sold
Parts - For Sale
New “Was going to rebuild ny Atlantis flippers, but fixed then instead so dont need these parts. Includes everything needed for a complete rebuild, including mounting brackets, Eos swi...”
2016-12-25
Upper Freehold, NJ

#2636 3 years ago

I need a hold down bar for a 1964-66 wedgehead with the end caps . I have a very nice extra 72-75 Gottlieb bar with the tabs that will fit most games pre 1976 with the standard coin door for trade

image (resized).jpeg

#2637 3 years ago

Hi folks... I really need a set of siderails (side rails?) for a 1964-era Bally. And a back door if possible. It's a Grand Tour. My project from hell.

Grand Tour is my oldest, longest, costliest, I-bought-it-before-I-knew-what-I-was-doing project. Was $400 originally, plus $350 shipping which suffered damage and wasn't reimbursed. The backglass was poorly touched-up and sealed-in. There was a fire in the backbox which melted a gear and some wires... easily visible because there was no back door, either.

I should have cut my losses but we all have to start somewhere, eh? Live and learn.

I have since repaired the cab, fully rebuilt the machine (and score motor which was seriously gunked up and taped together), installed all-new lamp sockets (including that bearish Bally backbox... the worst!), clear coat playfield, custom machined metal playfield standoffs, and have procured a second backglass which still needs extensive touchups but at least is restorable. The cab itself needs a repaint... it has the wrong color scheme and lots of scratches. Not to mention rechroming/refinishing the metals and door.

I'm now $1500 in this... and heavens... so much time. So much time. It would be a crime not to complete it now. The existing rails have pitting which is so deep it cannot be sanded/polished out. Hopefully, this is my last "surprise" to discover. :/

Lemme know if you have a donor cab/rails to spare.

#2638 3 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Hi folks... I really need a set of siderails (side rails?) for a 1964-era Bally. And a back door if possible. It's a Grand Tour. My project from hell.
Grand Tour is my oldest, longest, costliest, I-bought-it-before-I-knew-what-I-was-doing project. Was $400 originally, plus $350 shipping which suffered damage and wasn't reimbursed. The backglass was poorly touched-up and sealed-in. There was a fire in the backbox which melted a gear and some wires... easily visible because there was no back door, either.
I should have cut my losses but we all have to start somewhere, eh? Live and learn.
I have since repaired the cab, fully rebuilt the machine (and score motor which was seriously gunked up and taped together), installed all-new lamp sockets (including that bearish Bally backbox... the worst!), clear coat playfield, custom machined metal playfield standoffs, and have procured a second backglass which still needs extensive touchups but at least is restorable. The cab itself needs a repaint... it has the wrong color scheme and lots of scratches. Not to mention rechroming/refinishing the metals and door.
I'm now $1500 in this... and heavens... so much time. So much time. It would be a crime not to complete it now. The existing rails have pitting which is so deep it cannot be sanded/polished out. Hopefully, this is my last "surprise" to discover. :/
Lemme know if you have a donor cab/rails to spare.

I have some sitting in my living room but alas they're for my Star-Jet rebuild. Kudos for bringing it back to life regardless of cost. While researching Star-Jet I have found many early 60's Bally pins with the same low production numbers that weren't as lucky to get such a cult following like Star-Jet and have almost disappeared without a trace besides a small amount of examples left (less than Star-Jet, which is still incredibly incredibly rare), most without any Pinside linkings whatsoever. It made me very sad to see that. Trio is the only Bally game from the era I see a lot of for some reason.

Post some pictures if you can sometime!

#2639 3 years ago

Looking for a 1 point bell for a K&Q it's the small one underneath the 0-9 unit (see ipdb photo left center above the score reels ) located in the backbox under the Bakelite with the horseshoe wire. I got stuff for trade PM me

image (resized).png

#2640 3 years ago

I just started a Facebook Page to help me thin out almost 16 years worth of parts accumulation. Mostly vintage EM and woodrail stuff. It's only been up 2 days and already sales are brisk. If you need something you don't see message me I may it just not listed yet. Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/PreservationPinballParts/?ref=bookmarks

#2641 3 years ago

^missed that 67-71 lockdown bar . Son of a crap .

#2642 3 years ago
Quoted from paintpins:

I just started a Facebook Page to help me thin out almost 16 years worth of parts accumulation. Mostly vintage EM and woodrail stuff. It's only been up 2 days and already sales are brisk. If you need something you don't see message me I may it just not listed yet. Thanks!
https://www.facebook.com/PreservationPinballParts/?ref=bookmarks

Facebook message sent!

#2643 3 years ago

I need a hold down bar for a 1964-66 wedgehead with the end caps .

OveralIMG_2512 (resized).JPG
Distance from end to post IMG_2509 (resized).JPG
Distance between posts (measured from center of post) IMG_2510 (resized).JPG
Overall length IMG_2504 (resized).JPG
Width IMG_2511 (resized).JPG
End cap IMG_2506 (resized).JPG

#2644 3 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Overal
Distance from end to post
Distance between posts (measured from center of post)
Overall length
Width
End cap

that is a Williams 60's lock bar

#2645 3 years ago

Anyone have a set of chimes for a 1970 Gottlieb Baseball? My project was an export machine and did not have chimes installed at the factory......

I have a Drop A Card backglass in decent shape and some other parts to potentially trade......

baseball board (resized).JPG

#2646 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

that is a Williams 60's lock bar

Yes it is a Willisms , the bar I need is about 1" wide

#2647 3 years ago

Yes it is a Willisms , the bar I need is about 1" wide

I don't have a spare one of that style. pbr has a repro.
so how did the K&Q look

#2648 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I don't have a spare one of that style. pbr has a repro.
so how did the K&Q look

Playfield was awesome avg . Glass glad I met Shay and got the last K&Q in stock. Cabinet needs a repaint and some bondo on a few edges . Wrong hold down bar and no 1 point bell. All minor stuff, game plays and scores correctly .

#2649 3 years ago

Playfield was awesome avg . Glass glad I met Shay and got the last K&Q in stock. Cabinet needs a repaint and some bondo on a few edges . Wrong hold down bar and no 1 point bell. All minor stuff, game plays and scores correctly .

glad it worked out, I am sure you will get it looking new in no time.

#2650 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

glad it worked out, I am sure you will get it looking new in no time.

I'll get him fixed up with a bar...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 11.00
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
There are 5859 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 118.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside