Topic Stats

• 5,880 posts
  • 555 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Ant16bar2
  • Topic is favorited by 143 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,761 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D29FC2A5-3E3E-446D-967A-6522CE1A89BD (resized).jpeg
A366489F-6192-419A-B29B-0367A6F207F5 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0033 (resized).JPG
2020-01-08_12-02-46 (resized).jpg
canon03092019 041 (resized).JPG
4c219ef0b0082086061a4aeae762976b4d09c636 (resized).jpg
twinhoc2 (resized).jpg
2709F37F-DF6A-4562-8027-86031EF03E3A (resized).jpeg
Gottlieb_lockdown_slide_2 (resized).jpg
Gottlieb_lockdown_slide_1 (resized).jpg
Parts Needed (resized).jpg
Parts Needed1 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_20200113_065559 (resized).jpg

There are 5880 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 118.
#2501 3 years ago

I would appreciate advice on the size/dia screw that locates a GTB A5745 mini post on pf re my GTB World Fair-thks.

gtb-a5745_(resized).jpg

#2502 3 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I would appreciate advice on the size/dia screw that locates a GTB A5745 mini post on pf re my GTB World Fair-thks.

Contact Steve Young at PBR he'll know. I got some spares in a box somewhere and a nut asst. organizer box so I can match up thread sizes. Just thinking about it I'd say it's a 10-32 or an 8-24

#2503 3 years ago

If anyone has a Williams woodrail shooter gauge I'd be interested. I have one for my Williams Spitfire but it is broken due to fatigue over the years I guess.

#2504 3 years ago

Looking for a lockdown bar for a GTB Show Boat. Also two front panel coin shoots.

#2505 3 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

Looking for a lockdown bar for a GTB Show Boat. Also two front panel coin shoots.

you can get a repro lock down bar from pbr but those coin chutes are almost impossible to find, and if you do expect to pay 30-50 each

#2506 3 years ago

Hi Guys,

I recently bought an EM shuffle bowler project, a 1977 United Thunderbird:

13814046_10209430840462941_8856995409245371667_n (resized).jpg

However, it's missing a score reel:

reel (resized).jpg

I'm wondering if anyone has one of these lying around. Here's another 1's reel from the same machine:

IMG_5791 (resized).jpg

It has a round housing with a notch in the top to lock into place:

IMG_5787 (resized).jpg

...and at the bottom there's a little wire number to release it (instead of a clip or wingnut):

IMG_5790 (resized).jpg

Here's the coil size (B1-29 1600):

IMG_5785 (resized).jpg

...and the number on the score reel (if that helps):

IMG_5793 (resized).jpg

30B-7295-1, if I'm not mistaken:

Untitled-3 (resized).jpg

Thanks for any help you can spare.

Much appreciated,
Ryan

#2507 3 years ago

Looks like a score reel unit from a Williams pinball from the same era should work.

These with a little modification? Different coil and removal of the wiper board. it would be nice to see if there is a reel number to verify.
ebay.com link » Williams Score Reels

#2508 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Hi Guys,
I recently bought an EM shuffle bowler project, a 1977 United Thunderbird:

However, it's missing a score reel:

I'm wondering if anyone has one of these lying around. Here's another 1's reel from the same machine:

It has a round housing with a notch in the top to lock into place:

...and at the bottom there's a little wire number to release it (instead of a clip or wingnut):

Here's the coil size (B1-29 1600):

...and the number on the score reel (if that helps):

30B-7295-1, if I'm not mistaken:

Much appreciated,
Ryan

I think more photos would help.

#2509 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Ryan,
I think i got you. Ill look tonight. I have a parts williams head from around the same era

Thanks,
Jeff

#2510 3 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I think i got you. Ill look tonight. I have a parts williams head from around the same era

And if Jeff can't help, I have a couple that I can spare as well (provided they are the ones you need).

#2511 3 years ago

No dice on the score reels. Mine are a different style

-Jeff

#2512 3 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

No dice on the score reels. Mine are a different style
-Jeff

Thanks for checking, Jeff.

Quoted from SirScott:

And if Jeff can't help, I have a couple that I can spare as well (provided they are the ones you need).

Thanks, Scott. Any chance you could send me some pictures?

#2513 3 years ago

Ryan,

I think this is what you need. The coil number on yours is different than mine, but everything else looks to be the same. Note that the reels themselves are dark (with some of the areas darker than others)--you may be able to get them white(er) again?? And overall, they will need a good cleaning. If worse comes to worst, you would just need to replace the score reel itself.

IMG_2499 (resized).JPG
IMG_2498 (resized).JPG
IMG_2501 (resized).JPG

If you want me to send a couple of them your way, PM me your address.

#2514 3 years ago

That looks like the thing! PM-ing now!

#2515 3 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

My red ones are 6-32.

I have pulled "natural" ones out of a Williams game that are 8-32

The ones you buy from Steve are 6-32.

#2516 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

That looks like the thing! PM-ing now!

Keep in mind if you swap the whole thing in you won't need to order/swap the coil as it already has the coil it was built for latched onto it it's whole life. (that particular assembly) They both take the same input voltage (of course) so there is no need. I probably shouldn't have to point that out, but just in-case.

Looks like a standard 1973-1977 Williams reel to me as well.

#2517 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Keep in mind if you swap the whole thing in you won't need to order/swap the coil as it already has the coil it was built for latched onto it it's whole life. (that particular assembly) They both take the same input voltage (of course) so there is no need. I probably shouldn't have to point that out, but just in-case.
Looks like a standard 1973-1977 Williams reel to me as well.

Thank you, Otaku! I don't mind the info! I'm still relatively new to this EM restore stuff, so that's actually quite helpful. Thanks for lookin' out!

Sincerely,
Ryan

#2518 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

You may get away with it, but they are not equivalent. The Williams part numbering scheme for coils is: wire gauge - turns. So in the case of the original part, the coil has 1600 turns of 29 gauge wire. In the case of the proposed replacement, you would be putting in a coil with 800 turns of 26 gauge wire. The original has twice as many turns and I would expect higher resistance and less pull. If you happen to pop a fuse with the replacement, I would look to replace this part.

#2519 3 years ago

Anyone have a scrapped Aquarius? I need the light bars which light up the numbers for the kick out holes on the top.
They are hinged for easy bulb removal. 5 bulbs a row I believe.
Long shot but no harm in asking. PBR does not have.

#2520 3 years ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

You may get away with it, but they are not equivalent. The Williams part numbering scheme for coils is: wire gauge - turns. So in the case of the original part, the coil has 1600 turns of 29 gauge wire. In the case of the proposed replacement, you would be putting in a coil with 800 turns of 26 gauge wire. The original has twice as many turns and I would expect higher resistance and less pull. If you happen to pop a fuse with the replacement, I would look to replace this part.

Very true, however I was saying reel-wise. I figured the fuse values would be about the same from where it came from, but maybe not. Good point.

I just meant don't automatically feel the need to replace the coil in fear of it breaking anything... because it's been turning that exact same reel it's whole life (just in a different machine)! Just figured it would be easy to overlook and confuse.

#2521 3 years ago

Anyone have a lockdown bar for a Williams Jubilee. I bought this pin to fix for my granddaughters, but it's missing the lockdown bar.

Rich

#2522 3 years ago

Picked up an atlantis last night. Where can i get these lane diverters and what are the part numbers. Also looking for some of the mounting screws for plastics and star posts as well as acorn nuts. Thx

20160901_080755 (resized).jpg

#2523 3 years ago

Call Steve Young at Pinball Resource. He should be able to set you up with most of what you need. If he doesn't have the screws you need shoot me a pm. I have some from a game I've parted out.

#2524 3 years ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

If you happen to pop a fuse with the replacement, I would look to replace this part.

I think he should be all set--I sent him some of these as well:

pins (resized).jpg

#2525 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Picked up an atlantis last night. Where can i get these lane diverters and what are the part numbers. Also looking for some of the mounting screws for plastics and star posts as well as acorn nuts. Thx

You should be able to polish those wire lane guides with Mothers Mag Polish and get them looking like new, all while installed in the game.

Pulling those has the potential to lift the surface of the playfield and create a different flaw.

#2526 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

You should be able to polish those wire lane guides with Mothers Mag Polish and get them looking like new, all while installed in the game.
Pulling those has the potential to lift the surface of the playfield and create a different flaw.

Yeah, im not pulling them. Does anyone have a pic of the pf behind the targets without the plastic installed? I need to put the posts all back in and not sure the pattern for the rubber.

#2527 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me what all backbox's are the same and will work on a 1966 Williams two player? I am talking about just the bare box only.

#2528 3 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Can anyone tell me what all backbox's are the same and will work on a 1966 Williams two player? I am talking about just the bare box only.

Parts book says multi players Eager Beaver through A Go Go. Big Chief, 8-Ball, Pot O' Gold and I don't know what else fall in there.

I have a spare box from an 8-Ball but hoo boy is it rough.

#2529 3 years ago

Hey guys. Working on a Bank A Ball and the 1-9 reel is missing the coil and mechanical parts. Looking either for the parts or the score reel if that's available.
thanks

#2530 3 years ago
Quoted from zooman:

Hey guys. Working on a Bank A Ball and the 1-9 reel is pissing the coil and mechanical parts. Looking either for the parts or the score reel if that's available.
thanks

I have an extra complete score reel if you want it. Shoot me a pm if interested.

#2531 3 years ago

I'm looking for the upper left plastic for King Pin / Pin Up A-14842

#2532 3 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Ryan,
I think this is what you need. The coil number on yours is different than mine, but everything else looks to be the same. Note that the reels themselves are dark (with some of the areas darker than others)--you may be able to get them white(er) again?? And overall, they will need a good cleaning. If worse comes to worst, you would just need to replace the score reel itself.

If you want me to send a couple of them your way, PM me your address.

Just wanted to broadcast a great guy alert about our fellow pinsider, SirScott!

Blammy:

image (resized).jpg

These arrived today! Haven't had a chance to fit 'em yet, but they look pretty darn the same.

Many many thanks, Scott, for salvaging my project (AGAIN)!

#2533 3 years ago

Parting out a gtb gladiator.
Lots of stuff available.
Nice pf complete.
Wood lockdown bar.
Coin door.
Plastics.
Score reels and steppers.
Cabinet.
Flipper assys.
Contact me with questions.

IMG_20160902_123439 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160902_123429 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160902_123418 (resized).jpg

#2534 3 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Just wanted to broadcast a great guy alert about our fellow pinsider, SirScott!
Blammy:

These arrived today! Haven't had a chance to fit 'em yet, but they look pretty darn the same.
Many many thanks, Scott, for salvaging my project (AGAIN)!

That 24 volt coil will probably act like a short in your 50 volt bowler. The rest looks great.

#2535 3 years ago

Anyone have this plastic for Atlantis? It's the lower level plastic above the right lanes.

Thx

image (resized).jpeg

Edit: I made my own this morning, but would still take a stock plastic one if anyone has it.

#2536 3 years ago

Long shot but... need a wingnut from a Bank-A-Ball head bank (Flipper Pool). I have a home depot replacement but it doesnt have the locking material etc.

Thanks

Ken

#2537 3 years ago

I also need a tilt bob support bracket, PBR is out. also the tilt wire but pbr as those.

gtb-a359t (resized).jpg

#2538 3 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

The rest looks great.

He didn't show a picture of the reels themselves. Hahahaha.

#2539 3 years ago

If anybody would happen to have the center plastics (mainly the one of the right) for a Gottlieb 1977 Vulcan/Fire Queen, i'm not picky yellowed and cracked is fine. This may be a long shot a nos Gottlieb coin door world sticker not the new vinyl repro one thank you.

Capture (resized).JPG

#2540 3 years ago

Ken,

Email sent. I might have that bracket, I parted out a Rack a Ball in July then tabled a whole mess of stuff and then put in a box marked "stuff" .

DQ

#2541 3 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

If anybody would happen to have the center plastics (mainly the one of the right) for a Gottlieb 1977 Vulcan/Fire Queen, i'm not picky yellowed and cracked is fine. This may be a long shot a nos Gottlieb coin door world sticker not the new vinyl repro one thank you.

So, I take it you probably aren't interested in Pinball Rescue's set of plastics for $116 + $16 shipping?

I have a decal for A-16986 I got from a guy that sold a Vulcan to me. You would have to cut and drill 3/16" Lexan. But I don't have A-16985 (also have A-16987).

#2542 3 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

So, I take it you probably aren't interested in Pinball Rescue's set of plastics for $116 + $16 shipping?
I have a decal for A-16986 I got from a guy that sold a Vulcan to me. You would have to cut and drill 3/16" Lexan. But I don't have A-16985 (also have A-16987).

I am planing on purchasing a set from them sometime soon they look really nice, but I thought I would give it a shot and try and find an original one that might have gotten separated from the group lol. I have the A-16986 (cracked), but I am missing A-16985 so that is my priority thank you so much for offering tho Hoov! Is your A-16987 also a decal or an original plastic dude?

#2543 3 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

I am planing on purchasing a set from them sometime soon they look really nice, but I thought I would give it a shot and try and find an original one that might have gotten separated from the group lol. I have the A-16986 (cracked), but I am missing A-16985 so that is my priority thank you so much for offering tho Hoov! Is your A-16987 also a decal or an original plastic dude?

Decal

#2544 3 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Contact Jeff jeff@pinballpimp.com

I just got the ONE part I needed for my Fire Queen, I did not have to buy the whole set.
He may have or able to make what you need.
Price was reasonable too.

Bob E

#2545 3 years ago

the more people support pinball rescue the more products they will make..their repro plastics are the best around.

have a set on my fire queen and they really finished off the playfield.

the 2 plastics behind the drops are always missing or smashed to bits.

#2546 3 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Ken,
Email sent. I might have that bracket, I parted out a Rack a Ball in July then tabled a whole mess of stuff and then put in a box marked "stuff" .
DQ

SORRY got 3 boxes of stuff but the assembly for rack a ball didn't have that bracket. Unfortunately it has a Mercury float that I'll have to take to a HHW Collection.

#2547 3 years ago

Alright, here's a real longshot

All of the bumper skirts on my 1941 Argentine are taco-shaped and unusable as are some of the bodies. Fortunately, most of the caps are good and the two that aren't are plain and available from PBR. I've purchased modern replacements for all this and I think I can hack them to work, but they certainly won't look right. Before I go through the effort of replacing them all, does anyone have any of the following bits they'd be willing to part with?

4 marbled red bumper skirts, ideally with the metal pin at the bottom though I can probably make the all-plastic work.
1 marbled red bumper body - dead bumper not pop bumper.
5 marbled purple bumper skirts with the metal pin at the bottom.
7 marbled green bumper skirts with the metal pin at the bottom.

If anyone also happens to have a stash of marbled bumper bodies, I'd be willing to buy them. 4 red, 7 green and 5 purple would be ideal.

Thanks!
Dave

#2548 3 years ago

I need a sky jump plastic. Not the large one that is usually broke. I need the triangular one from the left side (there are 2). I need 1 and would hope someone who bought the reproduction set could spare it. Someone at some point replaced mine with one from a Grand Slam machine. That baseball does look out of place with all the airplanes. Thanks

#2549 3 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Alright, here's a real longshot
All of the bumper skirts on my 1941 Argentine are taco-shaped and unusable as are some of the bodies. Fortunately, most of the caps are good and the two that aren't are plain and available from PBR. I've purchased modern replacements for all this and I think I can hack them to work, but they certainly won't look right. Before I go through the effort of replacing them all, does anyone have any of the following bits they'd be willing to part with?
4 marbled red bumper skirts, ideally with the metal pin at the bottom though I can probably make the all-plastic work.
1 marbled red bumper body - dead bumper not pop bumper.
5 marbled purple bumper skirts with the metal pin at the bottom.
7 marbled green bumper skirts with the metal pin at the bottom.
If anyone also happens to have a stash of marbled bumper bodies, I'd be willing to buy them. 4 red, 7 green and 5 purple would be ideal.
Thanks!
Dave

I may have some of the stuff you need. Hopefully I can remember to dig around and look for you tonight.

Not much luck. It appears I have a ton of red and yellow pin-style bumper skirts. I also have a lot of beige bumper bodies from this era. None if it is perfect but most likely usable.

BumperSkirts.jpg

#2550 3 years ago

Thanks Alex. I may just go ahead and use the newer stuff on it and try and score some good originals at Allentown, Pintastic, etc. The yellow and orange don't really go and it doesn't look like there are enough reds to go around. Thanks so much for checking though!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Suffield, CT
$ 22.00
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 50.00
There are 5880 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 118.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside