Topic Stats

• 5,734 posts
  • 538 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Pinballocks
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,717 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

16A55A1F-82B6-41BC-90B9-7B4C7D0B298A (resized).jpeg
Pièces plateau 1 (resized).JPG
Match Unit (resized).JPG
20191124_110021_resized (resized).jpg
20191124_110014_resized (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
84c1e5a4eceb7b0ccd72b1b58ac0a3ff8935c864[1] (resized).png
20191119_191313_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_6044 (resized).jpg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpg
100_4074 (resized).JPG
100_4073 (resized).JPG
100_4072 (resized).JPG
IMG_4384 (resized).jpg
IMG_0843 (resized).jpg
canon24102019 010 (resized).JPG

There are 5734 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 115.
#1701 4 years ago
Quoted from Dawson:

Looking for a complete coin door for this quick draw!
I have a nice face (pic) no guts ..
It's on free play but it would be fun to route .. This thing plays as fast as a modern game .
Also is this unit the credit counter?
It's acting weird

PM sent. And yes thats the credit counter. this style is a little weird..

#1702 4 years ago
Quoted from Dawson:

Looking for a complete coin door for this quick draw!
I have a nice face (pic) no guts ..
It's on free play but it would be fun to route .. This thing plays as fast as a modern game .
Also is this unit the credit counter?
It's acting weird

PM sent. And yes thats the credit counter. this style is a little weird..

#1703 4 years ago

Does anyone have a CDI (CC) score reel assembly. Actually I need the arm that the plunger attaches to, as well as the plunger and coil, but I'll take the entire assembly if that's easier. I also need an additional 24-700X coil.

Oh, I almost forgot. I also need a ball kicker coil, plunger & link. I'm not sure of the coil #.

TIA

#1704 4 years ago

Yup, that's the newer style credit counter (even though they went back to the old metal reel near the end).

As I recall, the "shutter" steps CW to show a higher number (add credit). The number wheel behind steps CCW showing a lower number. A "0" when lit, indicates 10 and can count up to 19 if the limit screw is set that high.

Old grease causes them to stick and not step smoothly. Take plenty of pictures as you disassemble it to clean as often, people ask for photos to figure out how to put it back together.

#1705 4 years ago

Great thanks for the info , I needed a project for tonight and will post pics of the disassembly..

As for the coin door parts? Thanks pinhead52 but it looks like I'm going to need much more than you might think image.jpeg

#1706 4 years ago

I have some CC PARTS let me look . I have score reels and probably the ball kicker & coil. 25$ for everything including shipping . I'll look at my box o' chit and update . Would gladly trade plus cash for a 10 cents coin entry plate like on Melody & Cowpoke

#1707 4 years ago

I have some CC PARTS let me look . I have score reels and probably the ball kicker & coil. 25$ for everything including shipping . I'll look at my box o' chit and update . Would gladly trade plus cash for a 10 cents coin entry plate like on Melody & Cowpoke

#1708 4 years ago

What the frock was that ? Sorry folks I hit post and got multiples . iPhone / Verizon connection is sketchy at best

#1709 4 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Let me know, I may have the coin entry plate. I'll check too.

oops, I forgot, I also need a small relay coil, I'm not sure of the size, but it's for a small relay on the motor board. I'm sure just about any would work.

#1710 4 years ago
Quoted from Dawson:

Great thanks for the info , I needed a project for tonight and will post pics of the disassembly..
As for the coin door parts? Thanks pinhead52 but it looks like I'm going to need much more than you might think image.jpeg

You want coin lock out too? now yer getting picky. I have a complete 3 chute door/hardware.

#1711 4 years ago

Pinhead53 .. Ha I don't know what the hell I need , this is the first EM I've ever seen the insides of ..

Pm me a price for the whole shabang

Thanks
Tj

#1712 4 years ago

1974DeltaQueen,

Sorry, no luck on the entry plate. I do have one with two slots 5¢ / 25¢. It's in pretty rough shape.

#1713 4 years ago
Quoted from bflagg:

Trying to rebuild a match unit on a Sonic. It's identical to the Williams little match unit. Mine is corroded and doesn't want to come apart, may have to break it to get it apart and functioning.
Anyone have these parts?
A-7595 - 10 step shaft with alternator cog
3B-7364 plastic discs
A-7614 right contact
A-7615 left contact
20a-9048 retaining clips.
Looks like this one.image.jpg

Got it apart without breaking it. Just need the retaining clips.

#1714 4 years ago

Drop,

Yeah really after the 10cent shoot PBR reproduction ones are 44$ give or take . I know I got a complete reel the kicker and coil I'll dig around . I need a nice coin door too, hey asking is free

#1715 4 years ago

No harm in asking. I do have a coin door, but It's one which I replaced, so I wouldn't call it exactly "nice"

PM me when you get a chance.

BTW, the other coil is a K28-1200

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

#1716 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

You may be in luck My parts manual calls out a wiper of B-12568 for Duotron, same as Surfer. And i just found one in my parts bin that matches my Surfer
20151102_214048.jpg

I want to publicly thank Mr. Pinhead for have gave me what I was searching for!!! I'm happy and my Duotron too

#1717 4 years ago
Quoted from Theonlylilo:

I want to publicly thank Mr. Pinhead

Wow. How cool.

#1718 4 years ago

Hi Parts Thread,

Still trying to locate a Williams Chime Box, or possibly some alternate suggestions on how to fix mine.

I'm waiting on a parts order to fix my chime unit. (My fault for delaying the order, not a delayed order from long ago.) Anyhow, despite being able to order the majority of the parts, I can't find a supplier for the main unit, which has a broken brackety thing:

IMG_9990a.jpg

...and here's a highlight of the busted part:

IMG_9990b.jpg

So, basically, the top done got broke off, and now it won't hold the wire coat-hanger thing in place to secure the chime. So, whenever something scores 100 points, it kinda flops around inside the cab (a behavior I'm trying to remedy).

Now for a couple close-ups:

IMG_9991.jpg

Here's a look from the other side:

IMG_9993.jpg

Once disassembled, I realized it was part of the whole unit. Not simply a replaceable part. So, I've been trying to figure out a way to fix this, as no one seems to have a spare chime box to part-out (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/34#post-2804649)

IMG_9997.jpg

Just for comparison, here's what the unbroken side looks like.

IMG_9995.jpg

Alright, fellas, any ideas for fix-it-try or does someone possibly have a Williams 3-chime unit laying around?

Thanks, as always!
-Ryan

IMG_9990b.jpg
IMG_9991.jpg
IMG_9993.jpg
IMG_9995.jpg
IMG_9997.jpg
IMG_9990a.jpg

#1719 4 years ago

Hey Ryan, I had a similar problem to what you have and while it's not the prettiest solution, I took an "L" bracket and bolted it to the side of the chime box with the other part of the "L" being slight above the top of the metal chime. This allowed it to still vibrate but not be shot off of the box every time the coil fired. I had the game for quite a while without any issues. Unfortunately, I no longer own the game so I can't show you what it looks like but hopefully you get the idea.

Obviously, repairing the metal would be the way to go but I don't have the metallurgy skills to do it so I did the best I could with what I had.

Dave

#1720 4 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Still trying to locate a Williams Chime Box,

Your wish has been granted!

ebay.com link » Williams Oxo Pinball Machine Chime Unit

Ken

#1721 4 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Hi Parts Thread,
Still trying to locate a Williams Chime Box, or possibly some alternate suggestions on how to fix mine.
I'm waiting on a parts order to fix my chime unit. (My fault for delaying the order, not a delayed order from long ago.) Anyhow, despite being able to order the majority of the parts, I can't find a supplier for the main unit, which has a broken brackety thing:
IMG_9990a.jpg
...and here's a highlight of the busted part:
IMG_9990b.jpg
So, basically, the top done got broke off, and now it won't hold the wire coat-hanger thing in place to secure the chime. So, whenever something scores 100 points, it kinda flops around inside the cab (a behavior I'm trying to remedy).
Now for a couple close-ups:
IMG_9991.jpg
Here's a look from the other side:
IMG_9993.jpg
Once disassembled, I realized it was part of the whole unit. Not simply a replaceable part. So, I've been trying to figure out a way to fix this, as no one seems to have a spare chime box to part-out (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/34#post-2804649)
IMG_9997.jpg
Just for comparison, here's what the unbroken side looks like.
IMG_9995.jpg
Alright, fellas, any ideas for fix-it-try or does someone possibly have a Williams 3-chime unit laying around?
Thanks, as always!
-Ryan
IMG_9990b.jpg
IMG_9991.jpg
IMG_9993.jpg
IMG_9995.jpg
IMG_9997.jpg
IMG_9990a.jpg

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

ebay.com link » Williams Oxo Pinball Machine Chime Unit
Ken

Sounds like a good prospect for you Ryan. If anything you can put together a unit from yours and the eBay one if necessary.

(BTW, I notice that two of your chime bars are broken at the back. The ends are broken off at the rear mounting hole.)

#1722 4 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

IMG_9997.jpg (picture of worn chime box)

A quick blob of molten wire and good as new.

IMG_0255.jpg

#1723 4 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

IMG_0255.jpg

It's good to have friends with molten wire blobbers.

#1724 4 years ago

Ryan, I probably have what you need. I know I have 2 complete chime units and I'm pretty sure they need to be rebuilt but aren't broken. Let me know if you still need and I will find them. - Barry

#1725 4 years ago
Quoted from bflagg:

Got it apart without breaking it. Just need the retaining clips.

Found a solution for the clips at an RC hobby store.image.jpg

#1726 4 years ago
Quoted from bflagg:

Ryan, I probably have what you need. I know I have 2 complete chime units and I'm pretty sure they need to be rebuilt but aren't broken. Let me know if you still need and I will find them. - Barry

Oh my god, yes! Please! I'll be happy to work out details with you via PM, but before we go that route, let me post a couple more pix here (since we can't via PM).

Here's my Swinger chime unit (without a tub and nylon-tipped plungers bonking the chimes in the middle BETWEEN the nubby bits):

photo 1.JPG

...while THIS is my Jubliee chime unit (with a tub and nylon-tipped plungers bonking the chimes on the outter edge BEYOND the nubby bit):

photo 2.JPG

I need a chime unit for SWINGER (the unit WITHOUT a tub and coils in the middle).

*Fingers crossed you have the anti-tub variety*

Many-many thanks, Barry!!!

#1727 4 years ago

Ryan, both of mine have the tub. Upon examination the tub can be removed and the coil brackets can be removed and moved to the inside which looks like it would be the same. I can change it around and take a pic if it helps.

#1728 4 years ago

With tubimage_1.jpg

#1729 4 years ago

Without and coils moved.image.jpg

#1730 4 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Oh my god, yes! Please! I'll be happy to work out details with you via PM, but before we go that route, let me post a couple more pix here (since we can't via PM).
Here's my Swinger chime unit (without a tub and nylon-tipped plungers bonking the chimes in the middle BETWEEN the nubby bits):
photo 1.JPG
...while THIS is my Jubliee chime unit (with a tub and nylon-tipped plungers bonking the chimes on the outter edge BEYOND the nubby bit):
photo 2.JPG
I need a chime unit for SWINGER (the unit WITHOUT a tub and coils in the middle).
*Fingers crossed you have the anti-tub variety*
Many-many thanks, Barry!!!

It looks like the tub was removed and the coils relocated to compensate for the broken chime bars. Your Jubilee has the correct parts in the correct place.

#1731 4 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

It looks like the tub was removed and the coils relocated to compensate for the broken chime bars. Your Jubilee has the correct parts in the correct place.

This makes more sense.

#1732 4 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Actually you need the one with the tub as others have stated that your unit was a make shift to accommodate your broken parts.

Ken

#1733 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Looks like that's the tub variety.

I'm guessing these are not interchangeable...but I'm still sort of wet behind the ears with this EM tech stuff, so I'm happy to be educated otherwise.

Quoted from egyptrus:

I took an "L" bracket and bolted it to the side of the chime box with the other part of the "L" being slight above the top of the metal chime.

Hi egyptrus,

Thanks a bunch for CHIMING-IN here and offering a solution. Pardon my ignorance, as I mentioned...

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

...I'm still sort of wet behind the ears with this EM tech stuff...

...and I'm not even sure what an L-Bracket is. I looked it up and found stuff like this:

L-Bracket.jpg

Sooo...I'm kinda struggling to see how this might save me.

Quoted from balzofsteel:

Quoted from MikeO:

It's good to have friends with molten wire blobbers.

Alright, so again with the...

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

...I'm still sort of wet behind the ears with this EM tech stuff...

...a "molten wire blobber" is definitely not in my toolbox. Should it be?

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Sounds like a good prospect for you Ryan. If anything you can put together a unit from yours and the eBay one if necessary.

If Barry's version doesn't pan-out, I might start trying to figure out if this tub version could retrofit my non-tub version.

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

(BTW, I notice that two of your chime bars are broken at the back. The ends are broken off at the rear mounting hole.)

Replacements from Pinball Life arrived today!

#1734 4 years ago

Woopsies...sent that last one before my browser updated with the most recent few additions:

Quoted from bflagg:

Upon examination the tub can be removed and the coil brackets can be removed and moved to the inside which looks like it would be the same.

Quoted from bflagg:

Without and coils moved.

Awesome!!! PM Sent!

Quoted from balzofsteel:

Quoted from bflagg:

This makes more sense.

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Actually you need the one with the tub as others have stated that your unit was a make shift to accommodate your broken parts.

MOAR awesome. Thanks for the confirmation, guys!

#1735 4 years ago

Another word for a molten wire blobber is a wire feed welder.

In the right hands it can fix the damage to your chime unit of you have the right friend.

If not, finding a replacement in acceptable condition is also an acceptable, and probably more accessible solution.

Good luck with what appears to have surfaced with the replacement chime unit. Don't part with the old one in case the need arises again and repairing that one is a viable solution.

#1736 4 years ago

You've correctly identified an "L" bracket as that's what I used. I just realized that you don't have a tub, which makes this solution a bit tougher to use. In mine, I had the tub, and was able to drill a small hole in the tub to but a bolt through and then put a nut on the other side. The top part of the bracket was over the top of the chime, effectively holding it down. I left a bit of space between the chime and the bracket so it could vibrate.

In your case, because you just have the support bracket, using an L bracket would be a bit tougher as you'd have to drill into the bracket. I still think it could work though if you could drill into the bracket and have the chime sit where it should. The other end of the L bracket would then be just above the broken mount. This would stop the chime from being able to come off the broken mount that you have.

What I'm not sure is if you'd have enough clearance between the metal bracket and the top of the chime. I really wish I still had the game that I put this fix into as a picture would definitely help.

Hopefully, you'll be able to find the parts you need to fix it.

#1737 4 years ago

Does anyone have an extra original yellow insert with a blue outline that would work on a Fireball? Just need one

FB.jpg

#1738 4 years ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Does anyone have an extra original yellow insert with a blue outline that would work on a Fireball? Just need one

Size?

#1739 4 years ago

I'll get the exact size tomorrow AM and post it

#1740 4 years ago

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a pink-ish Williams shooter housing, like the one shown, for my Doozie. The flier shows a pink one, and the gray one fitted is just toooooo drab......Screen Shot 2015-11-29 at 22.47.46.png

#1741 4 years ago
Quoted from oldtowner:

Hi Folks,
I'm looking for a pink-ish Williams shooter housing, like the one shown, for my Doozie. The flier shows a pink one, and the gray one fitted is just toooooo drab......Screen Shot 2015-11-29 at 22.47.46.png

I've got one! ...95% in tact. A small piece off the back, not visible to players. If you wouldn't mind shooting me a PM reminder, I'll upload some pix here once I get home later today.

#1742 4 years ago
Quoted from oldtowner:

Hi Folks,
I'm looking for a pink-ish Williams shooter housing, like the one shown, for my Doozie. The flier shows a pink one, and the gray one fitted is just toooooo drab...... Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hideScreen Shot 2015-11-29 at 22.47.46.png

Just upgrade to the nice Chrome one. Same part. Williams just cheapened out for a couple of years there in the 70's. Went back to metal since the plastic ones would break.

#1743 4 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Just upgrade to the nice Chrome one. Same part. Williams just cheapened out for a couple of years there in the 70's. Went back to metal since the plastic ones would break.

In my mind they did this pretty much throughout, at least during the EM period.

Remember Harry Williams' motto: "There is no substitute for undercutting Gottlieb".

Sorry, had a weak moment... I'm okay now.

#1744 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

In my mind they did this pretty much throughout, at least during the EM period.
Remember Harry Williams' motto: "There is no substitute for undercutting Gottlieb".
Sorry, had a weak moment... I'm okay now.

Hilarious.

You have to be a speshul sort of rabbit-hole dweller to appreciate this post.

Post appreciator,
Ryan

#1745 4 years ago

Thanks for your input guys! I'm intending to replace the gray plastic one on my Full House with chrome, but I think the pink would look good on the Doozie. So, Ryan - I'm definitely interested!

#1746 4 years ago
Quoted from oldtowner:

So, Ryan - I'm definitely interested!

Great, happy to help. Here's what I've got.

Front is in tact:

IMG_8704.JPG

...but one of the screw cylinder things on the back broke off:

IMG_8726.JPG

You can see, the piece has a relatively clean break (fits back in the same place), so could possibly be glued/epoxy'd back into place:

IMG_8705.JPG

Anyhow, it's yours if you want it. Just say the word.

#1747 4 years ago

There is enough "meat" there to use a slightly longer screw and still get 3 in there. Just start the thread with a self cutting screw first since the longer one you buy may not be self cutting.

#1748 4 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Hilarious.
You have to be a speshul sort of rabbit-hole dweller to appreciate this post.
Post appreciator,
Ryan

Thank you for that, Ryan... sweet of you to say.

For posts I make like this, if I made even one person laugh, it will have been worth it to me.

#1749 4 years ago

Want it! I'll send a Pm.

#1750 4 years ago

And thanks for the tip, Cactus!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
200 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Astoria, NY
There are 5734 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 115.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside