e5efab146512a32505bbf17802054f9e30ddaf86 (resized).jpg
pinside.3a7b2d029b01770456deb933b846a03cb0362a2c (resized).jpg
IMG_2808 (resized).jpeg
Gottlieb Coin Door 2-23-24 (resized).jpg
Gottlieb Coin Doors (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240220_032931688.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240220_032947351 (resized).jpg

There are 10,305 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 207.
#1651 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Was this the Detroit, MI, area Sing Along that recently sold on ebay? Good deal.
ebay.com link » Sing Along Gottlieb Pinball Machine For Parts Or Repair

Yea Hoov will reship a Sing Along glass for it

#1652 8 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Yea Hoov will reship a Sing Along glass for it

Maybe time for a pm

Actually, we have someone in Canada on our official Sing Along backglass list who checked with Ron Webb and he said he will ship to Canada. Just not overseas.......

#1653 8 years ago

I'm looking for a very nice Cleopatra playfield (EM or SS is OK). Doesn't need to be populated, just a nice playfield is fine. Any NOS floating around out there?

#1654 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Was this the Detroit, MI, area Sing Along that recently sold on ebay? Good deal.
ebay.com link » Sing Along Gottlieb Pinball Machine For Parts Or Repair

Nope.. found this one local. Descent example... seen better days but looks pretty good for the most part.

#1655 8 years ago

I'm looking for a Chicago coin coin door for a shoot out gun game. This door was used on many Chicago coin games. image.jpegimage.jpeg
Pm me if you have one for sale.

#1656 8 years ago
Quoted from kovalski3:

I'm looking for a Chicago coin coin door for a shoot out gun game. This door was used on many Chicago coin games.

Luckily they come up on eBay quite a lot so I am sure you will find one soon.

Ken

#1657 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Anyone out there have an NOS Bally Hay-Ride backglass?

Quoted from FugTM:

Ever thought about a reproduction?
http://bgresto.com/
I got my Sea Ray done last month and it's beautiful.

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Great suggestion, Fug. Figured I'd toss out a hail mary first and see if anything turned up.

While I'd still love to find that white whale, a bona fide...

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

...NOS Bally Hay-Ride backglass...

...I contacted BGResto. They do not have it in stock, but Steve replied to my email and we have an appointment to chat tomorrow.

#1658 8 years ago

I'm looking for a chime unit for my 1972 Williams Swinger. Mine's pretty rough.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Any chance someone has parted out a similar era machine?

#1659 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I'm looking for a chime unit for my 1972 Williams Swinger. Mine's pretty rough.

A lot of that you can clean up with some elbow grease and as far as the hold down rod you are missing on top of the chime simply cut a wire clothes hanger to size and loop the end with some needle nose pliers and you will be in business gain. The width of your new rod will be the same as original and look great. Burned coil? Just buy a new one from PBR.

Ken

#1660 8 years ago

I agree. That chime unit looks restorable and what i've seen in your Swinger post you have the skills Ryan.

#1661 8 years ago

I say since it will be a retheme anyway....get bells instead.

#1662 8 years ago

Bells > chimes.

#1663 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

as far as the hold down rod you are missing on top of the chime simply cut a wire clothes hanger to size and loop the end with some needle nose pliers and you will be in business gain.

That's a great idea! I'll keep that in my back pocket. Seriously.

However, if you look closely at that second chime, not sure if you can tell but the loop that would keep said hanger in place is broken off.

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

A lot of that you can clean up with some elbow grease

I'm all about the elbow grease, but two of those chimes are completely severed before the loopy-thing I mentioned above. I think they're pretty hosed. Ha-ha!

Quoted from AlexF:

what i've seen in your Swinger post you have the skills Ryan.

Oh, man. Hard to believe I have any skills to speak of, but I'm definitely feelin' a little more confident than when I started that project 6 months ago. Thanks for the kudos.

Quoted from o-din:

I say since it will be a retheme anyway....get bells instead.

Is this possible? Never heard of a chime to bell conversion.

- -- ----- -- -

All this to say, I'm pretty sure I'm still interested in a chime unit if anyone has one lying around.

#1664 8 years ago

Hi! I'm looking for bits for a restoration on a Gottlieb High Hand, a lot of which are pretty generic.

- The first thing I'd like is the schematics!
- Someone's pulled most of the relay coils out of it too, so I need a bunch of those mini coils.
- Pop bumper below-playfield parts. Ring etc. above the playfield still there, but coil, bracket etc. below gone.
- Playfield steel - apron mainly.

Can anyone help? It's almost impossible for me to buy from PBR, so alternatives gratefully accepted.

(Edit - here's an example, in case you need a quick reference for the apron style etc: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1173&picno=29039 )

Cheers,
Mike

#1665 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

If they could put a chime unit in my Magic Clock then surely it could be done the other way around.

#1666 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

said hanger in place is broken off.

Sorry, could not tell from the picture. Might be best as you said just to find another good one and save your old one for spare parts. If a loop holder ever breaks on your second one, you told take a loop holder off your parts chime unit and with a mini Tig welder apply the loop piece to your 2nd (newer) chime unit.

Ken

#1667 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

- -- ----- -- -
All this to say, I'm pretty sure I'm still interested in a chime unit if anyone has one lying around.

Whether a chime unit or 3 separate bell assemblies, its still just 3 coils you have to wire up. That said, I wouldn't bother with the cost of the 3 assemblies.

As to another used one, the problem is they are almost always just as bad as yours. If the eyelets are open at the top, you can always take it to your local welder and have him put a dab of weld across the top and you just re-drill a new hole and you are good to go.

Don't forget the white nylon tubes (flange bearings) or vinyl tubing ( I have seen this hack many times) across the vertical inside the chime holes, as well as foam washer/discs at the base. No one likes a "clanky" chime assembly and those Williams ones are notorious for that sound. You might be able to use the Gottlieb Chime grommets (available from Steve at Pinball resource) but they tend to muffle a Williams chime a bit too much. They need to dance around a bit on a Williams for the right sound but not so much so as to touch adjoining metal parts.

#1668 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

...you told take a loop holder off your parts chime unit and with a mini Tig welder apply the loop piece to your 2nd (newer) chime unit.

You're talking to an artist...someone without such tools.

Quoted from CactusJack:

If the eyelets are open at the top, you can always take it to your local welder and have him put a dab of weld across the top and you just re-drill a new hole and you are good to go.

Hmmm...

Quoted from CactusJack:

Don't forget the white nylon tubes (flange bearings) or vinyl tubing ( I have seen this hack many times) across the vertical inside the chime holes, as well as foam washer/discs at the base.

More good info. Thanks, guys.

#1669 8 years ago

Ryan -
See section 4e of Clay's guide, it covers the cheesy Williams chime unit problem exactly:

http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

#1670 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Ryan -
See section 4e of Clay's guide, it covers the cheesy Williams chime unit problem exactly:
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

Great, thanks for the link, dasvis!

#1671 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Great, thanks for the link, dasvis!

Yeah, I suffered with the same thing on my Aztec

#1672 8 years ago

Post Update: I found a Hi-Deal glass. Still looking for a Zig Zag backglass...

#1673 8 years ago

I need the right slingshot plastic for a Gottlieb Volley. If you have one for sale, please PM me. Willing to pay reasonable price.
image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1674 8 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Top arch U channel? you need 1 or 2?

I need 2. for a 1965 Williams machine.

#1675 8 years ago

Help!

I'm looking for a Williams 2" silver flipper bat (right side).

Thanks

#1676 8 years ago

Anyone got some of these? Off of a Williams Olympic Hockey advance unit. Mine are pretty much wasted. Need 6 of them.
PM me if you can help me out.
Thanks.20151113_111633-1.jpg20151113_111633-1.jpg

#1677 8 years ago
Quoted from Solder_Splash:

Anyone got some of these?

I don't, unfortunately, but great photography! Yours?

#1678 8 years ago

Looking for a Grand Prix spinner and bullseye drop target or face.

Also to confirm, these targets use 3/32 rivets? Looks like I can cut down one of these if I have to: http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BAA&Product_Code=TG-3A-7431-4-5-15

#1679 8 years ago

Anyone got some of these? Off of a Williams Olympic Hockey advance unit. Mine are pretty much wasted. Need 6 of them.
PM me if you can help me out.
Thanks.20151113_111633-1.jpg

PBR has the thicker style available:
http://www.pbresource.com/springkit/gtb-a7291.jpg

Those old ones are salvageable, with some filing to re-shape, and then swapping around the least-worn for the most-worn. Maybe replace the worst one(s).

#1680 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I don't, unfortunately, but great photography! Yours?

Yes. Took it with my Samsung Note 4.
The three fingers shown in the pic are in good shape compared to the three on the other side. They are worn so far down that there's barely enough left to hold the springs in place.

#1681 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

PBR has the thicker style available:
http://www.pbresource.com/springkit/gtb-a7291.jpg
Those old ones are salvageable, with some filing to re-shape, and then swapping around the least-worn for the most-worn. Maybe replace the worst one(s).

Yeah 3 of them definitely need to be replaced.
Can the thicker ones be substituted here?

#1682 8 years ago

Yeah 3 of them definitely need to be replaced.
Can the thicker ones be substituted here?

No, not really. It's hard to tell from the picture which thickness those are. I was thinking they might be the thicker ones already.

#1683 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Looking for a Grand Prix spinner and bullseye drop target or face.
Also to confirm, these targets use 3/32 rivets? Looks like I can cut down one of these if I have to: http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=BAA&Product_Code=TG-3A-7431-4-5-15

There's a guy on flebay selling targets from a Star Action. They look good.

#1684 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

No, not really. It's hard to tell from the picture which thickness those are. I was thinking they might be the thicker ones already.

I'm hoping someone out there can dig up a few for me. They don't have to be perfect. Just need to have a little meat on them than the ones I have.

#1685 8 years ago

I'm hoping someone out there can dig up a few for me. They don't have to be perfect. Just need to have a little meat on them than the ones I have.

Don't discount the Gottlieb versions just because they are too thick. Albeit difficult to handle because they are so small, you could sand them to the dimension you need which would create the best starting point lacking an actual Williams example.

At the same time I can't believe there aren't some used spare parts out there.

Good luck with your search

#1686 8 years ago
Quoted from balzofsteel:

There's a guy on flebay selling targets from a Star Action. They look good.

Jeez, $35. I'll cut down one of the 1x1.5" ones and get some rivet dies for that price. Maybe better not to support the guy who has $700 of Star Action parts listed on Ebay even without the playfield, backglass, or cabinet, but you guys are the experts maybe he's providing that valuable of a service chopping games up.

#1687 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Jeez, $35. I'll cut down one of the 1x1.5" ones and get some rivet dies for that price.

That's what I did on mine but I didn't want the bullseye targets so I made my own.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1689 8 years ago

I need the correct (two-slot) lockdown bar for my Williams Jig Saw:
Jig Saw 1957 Wms.jpgJig Saw 1957 Wms.jpg

#1690 8 years ago

I could use one of these Gottlieb "clown and seal" aprons (used on some late 50's titles).

GtbApron.jpgGtbApron.jpg

#1691 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I need the correct (two-slot) lockdown bar for my Williams Jig Saw:
Jig Saw 1957 Wms.jpg

I wish I had one, then I'd try to tell you I need that Jigsaw to go with my lockdown bar. That is a great looking machine.

#1692 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I could use one of these Gottlieb "clown and seal" aprons (used on some late 50's titles).

Pinball rescue...

http://www.pinballrescue.net/Decals_Apron_Gottlieb.html

#1693 8 years ago

yeah, I know there's that option. But in this case I need the actual apron!

(that was just a picture of one as a reference)

#1694 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I wish I had one, then I'd try to tell you I need that Jigsaw to go with my lockdown bar. That is a great looking machine.

Thanks. It's in remarkably good shape. I had to buy it with only photos to go on, but it worked out beautifully.

#1695 8 years ago

I think I have about a dozen of these wiper fingers and springs. As you discovered they are hard to find and being a Williams fan myself was sort of hoarding them. I'm slowing down on collecting so I guess I could sell a few. Send me an email and I can get a few pics tonight.

#1697 8 years ago

Trying to rebuild a match unit on a Sonic. It's identical to the Williams little match unit. Mine is corroded and doesn't want to come apart, may have to break it to get it apart and functioning.
Anyone have these parts?
A-7595 - 10 step shaft with alternator cog
3B-7364 plastic discs
A-7614 right contact
A-7615 left contact
20a-9048 retaining clips.

Looks like this one.image.jpgimage.jpg

#1698 8 years ago
Quoted from kovalski3:

I'm looking for a Chicago coin coin door for a shoot out gun game. This door was used on many Chicago coin games. Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hideimage.jpeg
Pm me if you have one for sale.

Wrong color but I think its the right hardware? (not my sale).

ebay.com link: Stern Nugent Pinball Machine Coin Door AS U SEE IT

#1699 8 years ago

Looking for a complete coin door for this quick draw!

I have a nice face (pic) no guts ..

It's on free play but it would be fun to route .. This thing plays as fast as a modern game .
Also is this unit the credit counter?
It's acting weird

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1700 8 years ago

Looks like that lower photo got flagged Not Safe. Too much leg I guess...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 10,305 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 207.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.