Topic Stats

• 5,734 posts
  • 538 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Pinballocks
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,717 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

16A55A1F-82B6-41BC-90B9-7B4C7D0B298A (resized).jpeg
Pièces plateau 1 (resized).JPG
Match Unit (resized).JPG
20191124_110021_resized (resized).jpg
20191124_110014_resized (resized).jpg
images (resized).jpg
84c1e5a4eceb7b0ccd72b1b58ac0a3ff8935c864[1] (resized).png
20191119_191313_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_6044 (resized).jpg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpg
100_4074 (resized).JPG
100_4073 (resized).JPG
100_4072 (resized).JPG
IMG_4384 (resized).jpg
IMG_0843 (resized).jpg
canon24102019 010 (resized).JPG

There are 5734 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 115.
#1401 4 years ago

Rename super soccer but keep the theme go with "paint Loss" or "barren "

#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

We have here for your viewing pleasure a very desirable Super Soccer playfield.
Notice the inserts look real good, the pop-bumpers are nice, lane guides are good, flipper bats are decent, stand-up targets are nice, and the plastic shields survived pretty well I would say.
All it needs is some minor touch-up............
SS_PF_002.jpg

if you part this out please lmk. I need a left slingshot plastic. Thanks.

#1403 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Part it OUT!?!?

OKAY... so the thing has a little insert wear... let's not get crazy.

#1404 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Taylor VA:

I'm selling the plastic shields as a complete set.

#1405 4 years ago

If anyone needs any parts from a Gottlieb Super Soccer shoot me a pm

#1406 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

pf?

#1407 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Joking...

#1408 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

PM sent on plastics

#1409 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

monsonb said:
I'm looking for an original, red ACE drop target for a Gottlieb Royal Flush/Card Whiz. I installed a replacement from PBR, and it looks "okay", but it is smaller and sits lower than the others...
The "A" doesn't have to be all there, in fact, if it was worn it would match the other drop targets.
Thanks.
I have one! pm me your shipping info and I will get it out on tuesday

Look what arrived in the mail this afternoon! Thanks Boilerman, this drop target looks better than the original that broke!

DSC02841.JPG

I'd like to thank Pinhead52 for offering to help, too.

I don't know about the rest of Pinside, but the EM people here are great. I look forward to helping someone when I can.

#1410 4 years ago

free is always the best part of the em group. so many guys don't charge or charge very little for parts to help others

always glad I could help.....
remember to always pay it forward!

#1411 4 years ago

I'm looking for a 1976 Bally Back box metal U shape door channel, its about 27" long.

Rob

Ace02.jpg

#1412 4 years ago
Quoted from Vet-N-Vet:

I'm looking for a 1976 Bally Back box metal U shape door channel, its about 27" long.
Rob

This shouldnt be unique to Bally. PBR sells this channel, just tell them the length you need

#1413 4 years ago

If the Williams 70's is the same, I have at least 1. I will have to find it though.

#1414 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

We have here for your viewing pleasure a very desirable Super Soccer playfield.
Notice the inserts look real good, the pop-bumpers are nice, lane guides are good, flipper bats are decent, stand-up targets are nice, and the plastic shields survived pretty well I would say.
All it needs is some minor touch-up............
SS_PF_002.jpg

Kids,, This why you should never store your playfields outside leaning up against the garage.

#1415 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Kids,, This why you should never store your playfields outside leaning up against the garage.

This game was "barn fresh" as the flea market sellers call it. That seems to be the new buzz word as of late. I'm not sure why they don't call it "rodent fresh". The funny thing was the playfield glass was on the game when I bought it.

Lots and lots of chewed wires by rodents but some metal and plastics in these Gottlieb em's do pretty well in these extreme conditions......... Previous owner added a special layer to the cabinet - veneer - yuck!

Here's the pic of the plastic shields from this game:

Super_Soccer_plastic_shields_002.jpg

#1416 4 years ago

Hi guys and girls. I'm after a set of 1955 Williams flat timber legs or even just some photos and dimensions so I can get a set made any help would be fantastic

image.jpeg

#1417 4 years ago

Anyone have a good condition back-door for a Gottlieb Wedgehead? Looking for one for the Atlantis project I'm buying. Thanks.

#1418 4 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Anyone have a good condition back-door for a Gottlieb Wedgehead? Looking for one for the Atlantis project I'm buying. Thanks.

Does this help? http://www.pbresource.com/backdoor.html

#1419 4 years ago

Does anyone have a red "Sunburst points 100 when lit" pop bumper cap with dark blue ink for a Cow Poke I'm working on? If you ordered it a few years ago or longer it may have the darker ink I'm looking for to match the yellow caps in the pic. The ink is a brighter blue on the cap PBR sent me. I talked to Steve Young and he is going to look into getting the ink changed to the darker blue on future caps to be done. The red sunburst cap with the brighter blue ink just stands out and doesn't match the yellow ones in the pic.

TIA

Edit: The yellow 10 point sunburst caps pictured are new from PBR

CP_pb_caps_006.jpg
CP_pb_caps_004.jpg

#1420 4 years ago

Maybe replace the yellow ones too? At least then they match....is that a possibility?

#1421 4 years ago

Those are new yellow caps from PBR - they're still being made with the dark blue ink. I didn't mention that.

#1422 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Those are new yellow caps from PBR - they're still being made with the dark blue ink. I didn't mention that.

oh crap...that is a pickle! Steve give you any kind of ETA?

#1423 4 years ago

Anyone have size/number chart for Slick Chick rubbers? Thanks.

#1424 4 years ago
Quoted from FugTM:

oh crap...that is a pickle! Steve give you any kind of ETA?

No, just that he would see what he could do. He went to his parts bin and compared the ink colors and agreed with me.

#1425 4 years ago

I noticed this problem, too.

#1426 4 years ago

Is there an SS seeking parts thread?

#1427 4 years ago
Quoted from FugTM:

Is there an SS seeking parts thread?

Not here there isn't.

#1428 4 years ago

dave that red cap looks like a bally cap... the font and color
just will not look right on a gtb.
ebay.com link » Bally Chicago Coin Old Chicago Pinball Machine Playfield Plastic Bumper Caps

#1429 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

dave that red cap looks like a bally cap... the font and color
just will not look right on a gtb.
ebay.com link » Bally Chicago Coin Old Chicago Pinball Machine Playfield Plastic Bumper Caps

That may be......

But, when I told Steve he checked his caps and compared the ink and he said he would check into it to see why the blue wasn't darker and if they could be made the same as the yellow caps.

#1430 4 years ago

Need a head to a King of Diamonds...got the body, no head?

#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

got the body, no head?

We'll get the local team on it right away

Ken

walker-texas-ranger.jpg

#1432 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Does anyone have a red "Sunburst points 100 when lit" pop bumper cap with dark blue ink for a Cow Poke I'm working on? If you ordered it a few years ago or longer it may have the darker ink I'm looking for to match the yellow caps in the pic. The ink is a brighter blue on the cap PBR sent me. I talked to Steve Young and he is going to look into getting the ink changed to the darker blue on future caps to be done. The red sunburst cap with the brighter blue ink just stands out and doesn't match the yellow ones in the pic.
TIA
CP_pb_caps_006.jpg
CP_pb_caps_004.jpg

I e-mailed PBR today and Steve said they already have the correct caps in stock. That was quick! They have the hot-stamp press up and running at there location now so it must not take long to make a batch.

Here's some pics of the original Gottlieb hot stamp presses that were located at the factory until Don Murphy moved them from the Gottlieb factory in Chicago to Henry, Illinois. After Don's passing, the presses were moved to PBR. I was fortunate enough to take these pics before Don's passing.

DSCN0207.jpg

DSCN0206.jpg

DSCN0208.jpg

DSCN0209.jpg

#1433 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I e-mailed PBR today and Steve said they already have the correct caps in stock. That was quick! They have the hot-stamp press up and running at there location now so it must not take long to make a batch.
Here's some pics of the original Gottlieb hot stamp presses that were located at the factory until Don Murphy moved them from the Gottlieb factory in Chicago to Henry, Illinois. After Don's passing, the presses were moved to PBR. I was fortunate enough to take these pics before Don's passing.

Thanks for sharing. Kind of cool to see how these are done. Looks like they do drop targets with the same eq.

Ken

#1434 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

DSCN0207.jpg DSCN0206.jpg DSCN0208.jpg DSCN0209.jpg

Ha looks like my workbench (- the presses) I am terrible about cleaning up between tasks.

#1435 4 years ago

Maybe a tad messy in this part of the building but out in the main part it was pretty organized.... 109 machines total with a Challenger in the mix.

DSCN0161.jpg
DSCN0175.jpg
DSCN0188.jpg

#1436 4 years ago

Looking for a nice Bally coin door for a 76 Hocus Pocus also need the center target plastic 1330-121-8.

Looking for left "non-sling" and upper right plastic for a Volley, also need the rear head door.

#1437 4 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Looking for a nice Bally coin door for a 76 Hocus Pocus also need the center target plastic 1330-121-8.
Looking for left "non-sling" and upper right plastic for a Volley, also need the rear head door.

Found some overseas. http://www.pin-games.se/parts/pinball/bally/playfieldplastics_hokus_pokus.htm

#1438 4 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

I posted this in a different thread but will post here as well (probably more appropriate here):
I'm looking for two of the L-shaped metal brackets that mount to the inside of a 1970s Gottlieb EM that hold the board with the score reels mounted at an angle when you tilt it back to service the lights and/or back-glass.
My Target Alpha has a restored/rebuilt cabinet and the previous owner did not put those on. Thought someone might have a parted-out game with those still sitting in an old head going unused. There would likely be a bunch of these around, I would think.
Thanks!

Well I hooked goldenboy up with the "L" shaped brackets and now I'm short one for my current project. Anyone have one they can spare?
The brackets used to retain Gottlieb backglases and hold up the head board when opened.

Thanks, PM if you can help out.

#1439 4 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Well I hooked goldenboy up with the "L" shaped brackets and now I'm short one for my current project. Anyone have one they can spare?
The brackets used to retain Gottlieb backglases and hold up the head board when opened.
Thanks, PM if you can help out.

flash bronze or not?

#1440 4 years ago

Those pictures that Hoov posted up are what I hope Heaven to be like! Man, that is sweet.

#1441 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

flash bronze or not?

Does not matter. Have bronze but half the stuff was so grimy I polished off most of the finish cleaning them up.

#1442 4 years ago

i am sure i have a few of both. let me pull one and find a shipping container
pm me if you don't hear back by then
i forget a lot.....

#1443 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Maybe a tad messy in this part of the building but out in the main part it was pretty organized.... 109 machines total with a Challenger in the mix.

Hoov, you need to do a tribute to Don thread...these pics will just be buried here

#1444 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Hoov, you need to do a tribute to Don thread...these pics will just be buried here

I posted all his of his machines on rat's show us your em machines thread already. And I showed the hot stamp presses too on another thread. I'll just interject them into a thread now and then. Unless something is made a sticky it's going to get buried. I only met Don after he invited me to his farm after I had talked to him about a part I was looking for. I just snapped a bunch of pics while I was there. Nice guy and he loved helping other hobbyists out. I thought it was kind of neat that I was restoring a Central Park at the time and he was making the replacement monkeys. He sold one to me and I didn't even have to order through PBR. A pinball buddy of mine used to work on his games for him. Ken, did you see the copy of the DVD he gave to me? way2ward and rat both have a copy.

#1445 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i am sure i have a few of both. let me pull one and find a shipping container
pm me if you don't hear back by then
i forget a lot.....

Thanks boilerman I'll send a pm

#1446 4 years ago

Here's an odd part.

The 1-3/16" Roll Over Insert on 1950's Gottliebs. I posted this to try and help out those in need of one.
I've read they are hard to come by?
Murphy

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-elusive-1950s-gottlieb-1-316-insert-for-rollover-buttons#post-2707805

#1447 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

TIA
CP_pb_caps_006.jpg
CP_pb_caps_004.jpg

Check with Pinsider Ryan Claytor. He got some to order caps from PBR. Beauties hot stamped:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-swinger-restoration-and-eventual-retheme/page/7
Look at post #310

#1448 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Ken, did you see the copy of the DVD he gave to me? way2ward and rat both have a copy.

Ken,
I can get a copy to you if you need one

--Jeff

#1449 4 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Ken,
I can get a copy to you if you need one
--Jeff

way2wyrd - Jeff, this < is better

#1450 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Check with Pinsider Ryan Claytor. He got some to order caps from PBR. Beauties hot stamped:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-swinger-restoration-and-eventual-retheme/page/7th
Look at post #310

Thanks - I posted above that PBR now stocks them. Steve said Cow Poke is the only game that GTB made that had the red sunburst 100 points when lit cap. He dropped one in the mail yesterday. He also said Don Murphy stamped the cap with the non-matching ink and that explains why it didn't match his (Steve's) caps.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Burlington, CT
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Foxboro , MA
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 8.40
There are 5734 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 115.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside