Topic Stats

• 5,879 posts
  • 555 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by PinballAir
  • Topic is favorited by 143 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,761 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D29FC2A5-3E3E-446D-967A-6522CE1A89BD (resized).jpeg
A366489F-6192-419A-B29B-0367A6F207F5 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0033 (resized).JPG
2020-01-08_12-02-46 (resized).jpg
canon03092019 041 (resized).JPG
4c219ef0b0082086061a4aeae762976b4d09c636 (resized).jpg
twinhoc2 (resized).jpg
2709F37F-DF6A-4562-8027-86031EF03E3A (resized).jpeg
Gottlieb_lockdown_slide_2 (resized).jpg
Gottlieb_lockdown_slide_1 (resized).jpg
Parts Needed (resized).jpg
Parts Needed1 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_20200113_065559 (resized).jpg

There are 5879 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 118.
#951 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Strange World?

YUP! NOS just itching to be installed

#952 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

dirt I am looking for the whole part! Not parts of the part.....lol

orangecounty.craigslist.org link

#953 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

orangecounty.craigslist.org link

good eye!

#954 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Strange World?

Why now to think of it... yes it is Alex.

Ken

#955 4 years ago

another hard to find set

20150414_165046.jpg
#956 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

another hard to find set
blockquote>

Now for these I do have the part that they go on. And an extra.

I need a set for the game under those though.

#957 4 years ago

So... which one did you get?

#958 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

So... which one did you get?

which one of what?

#959 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

which one of what?

Strange World

#960 4 years ago

I Did manage to work something out with chan this time. so it is heading my way.
to be honest I emailed him before you posted the cl ad. I saw aurich post that said chan was still looking to sell it and thought I would try just one more time.
other than hit the deck (I have a Neptune) I really don't have anything on my want list.

thanks for the tip.

#961 4 years ago

Good job boilerman! Now I don't have to buy it and send it to you for a x-mas present.

#962 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I Did manage to work something out with chan this time. so it is heading my way.
to be honest I emailed him before you posted the cl ad. I saw aurich post that said chan was still looking to sell it and thought I would try just one more time.
other than hit the deck (I have a Neptune) I really don't have anything on my want list.
thanks for the tip.

Good, glad you got one. One less seeker.

The original (higher price) ad had been posted too, several weeks ago or so, IIRC. I managed to resist.

I have an extra Hit the Deck, I just haven't gotten around to it yet...

#963 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Good job boilerman! Now I don't have to buy it and send it to you for a x-mas present.

don't hold back you can send me that big hurt! one of the best baseball games IMO
had one and would get another if one I could find one local in good shape

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Good, glad you got one. One less seeker.
The original (higher price) ad had been posted too, several weeks ago or so, IIRC. I managed to resist.
I have an extra Hit the Deck, I just haven't gotten around to it yet...

I tried to get it from him a while ago but he kept changing his mind.
good thing I got it for much less this time

#965 4 years ago

Big Hurt is a great machine! It is one of the first I bought and was high on my want list. I know it is not an EM, and not high on most DMD guys list, but if you like baseball at all it is a lot of fun. It gets a lot of play this time of year.

#966 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Big Hurt is a great machine! It is one of the first I bought and was high on my want list. I know it is not an EM, and not high on most DMD guys list, but if you like baseball at all it is a lot of fun. It gets a lot of play this time of year.

most people look down on those sys 3's but there is a few good ones in there
big hurt being the best. I think I still have a spare glove motor if you ever need one.

#967 4 years ago

I have an extra glove motor as well. I had a couple of other system 3s and they were both a lot of fun. There were times that they were the only three getting played. As more EMs came in I whittled it down to Big Hurt as I agree it is the best. No shortage of quality went into building them. They are solid as a rock.

#968 4 years ago

Big Hurt was very fun in 1995. I used to play it at the Carmel Mountain (San Diego) Nickelrama location. Odin has a very nice one and I gave it some games back in November.

#969 4 years ago

I'm looking for the small inserts on sure shot does anyone have these inserts
Thanks

#970 4 years ago

Have some parts available from a parted out Williams Argosy.
Coin Door and Frame. Lockdown Bar and Receiver. Shooter Assy.Chime Assy. Knocker. Plastics. Drop Target Assy. Spinner Assy. Flipper Assys. Score Reels. Pop Bumper Assys. Misc. Stepper Units. Transformer. Most bottom board and PF underside parts. Contact me with questions and for prices. DSCN4450.JPGDSCN4451.JPGDSCN4452.JPGDSCN4453.JPGDSCN4454.JPGDSCN4455.JPGDSCN4456.JPGDSCN4457.JPGDSCN4458.JPGDSCN4459.JPGDSCN4460.JPGDSCN4461.JPGDSCN4462.JPGDSCN4463.JPGDSCN4465.JPG

#972 4 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

GTB 70s lockdown bar at +$103 with day to go!!

That's crazy. I'm missing this part but at $133 Australian, it's more than my High Hand cost!

#973 4 years ago

those pin type bars are hard to come by, this style is not as hard to find as the welded end cap type.
I am surprised it is that high though. normally they go around 80-90 bucks

#974 4 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

Have some parts available from a parted out Williams Argosy.
Coin Door and Frame. Lockdown Bar and Receiver. Shooter Assy.Chime Assy. Knocker. Plastics. Drop Target Assy. Spinner Assy. Flipper Assys. Score Reels. Pop Bumper Assys. Misc. Stepper Units. Transformer. Most bottom board and PF underside parts. Contact me with questions and for prices. DSCN4450.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSCN4451.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSCN4452.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSCN4453.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSCN4454.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSCN4455.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSCN4456.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSCN4457.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSCN4458.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSCN4459.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSCN4460.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSCN4461.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSCN4462.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSCN4463.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSCN4465.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Geez, how bad was the backglass? That looked like a very savable game.

#975 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

those pin type bars are hard to come by, this style is not as hard to find as the welded end cap type.

And here's the welded encap bar, somewhat reasonably priced

ebay.com link » Gottlieb 1960s Pinball Machine Metal Lock Down Bar

#976 4 years ago
Quoted from Yarrenrut:

I'm looking for the small inserts on sure shot does anyone have these inserts
Thanks

I have blank inserts...

#977 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I'm sure the price will go back to normal once the Pinball Resource get them back in stock.

#978 4 years ago

I don't think they had those in stock for a long? I could be wrong, I never had to get one from them

#979 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Geez, how bad was the backglass? That looked like a very savable game.

There was no backglass, plus cabinet had major water damage.

#980 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I don't think they had those in stock for a long? I could be wrong, I never had to get one from them

Steve was making the "Peg" style by cutting down the shark fin style that came from the Premier inventory and was welding in a bar to accommodate the screw pegs. As Retro Pinball, we purchased 100 lock bars from him but I was told we sent 50 of them back as we ended up not using them.

I am not sure why he hasn't geared up to keep converting them due to the demand for them. I would expect if he does, he will charge a bit more than he used to.

Those $125+ Peg bars are why I keep bringing up my Shark Fin conversion. It may not be something you want to do to your prized keeper, but it is certainly a great option for saving a decent player's condition game that may not justify the higher expense.

#981 4 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

There was no backglass, plus cabinet had major water damage.

I need a complete match unit for my Space Odyssey. I'm thinking Argosy could be a 'match'. Pm sent.
Dave

#982 4 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Steve was making the "Peg" style by cutting down the shark fin style that came from the Premier inventory and was welding in a bar to accommodate the screw pegs. As Retro Pinball, we purchased 100 lock bars from him but I was told we sent 50 of them back as we ended up not using them.
I am not sure why he hasn't geared up to keep converting them due to the demand for them. I would expect if he does, he will charge a bit more than he used to.
Those $125+ Peg bars are why I keep bringing up my Shark Fin conversion. It may not be something you want to do to your prized keeper, but it is certainly a great option for saving a decent player's condition game that may not justify the higher expense.

Pretty crazy, $157 so far

ebay.com link

#983 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

ebay.com link

$200! Well, now we're getting silly.

#984 4 years ago

Hmm, I have a spare one. These are hard to find but not that hard. You can buy a parts machine for less.

#985 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

ebay.com link

That is nuts!! Time to dig through my parts boxes again.

#986 4 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

Don't forget the $12.00 shipping.

And, it wasn't even for PinballGirl's college fund.

#987 4 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

I sent Steve at PBR a note with the $200 lockdown bar "see what happens when you run out of stuff..."

he writes:

yup....you should be grateful that I have some principles and price items based on what they cost to make instead of what I could charge for them!

I view it important that I be a stabilizing force in this hobby and try to behave as such. Thanks for your support!

Steve
The Pinball Resource

And we are grateful Steve!

#988 4 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

I sent Steve at PBR a note with the $200 lockdown bar "see what happens when you run out of stuff..."
he writes:
yup....you should be grateful that I have some principles and price items based on what they cost to make instead of what I could charge for them!
I view it important that I be a stabilizing force in this hobby and try to behave as such. Thanks for your support!
Steve
The Pinball Resource
And we are grateful Steve!

Go Steve Young!!

#989 4 years ago

Hello
Looking for a coin return bezel for a '57 Williams Deluxe Baseball. Thanks
Dave

image-23.jpg
#990 4 years ago

Does anyone have, or know who stocks, the metal plate with the nylon tabs mounted to it that sits beneath the Gottlieb Decagon Score Reels? I bought a Target Alpha this week that has several of those tabs broken off so the score reels want to work their way back away from the back-glass when activated sometimes.

If I can just replace the nylon tabs (can i?) please let me know. And/or I'd like to find who stocks the metal plates and just swap out those.

Thanks!

#991 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Go Steve Young!!

Yup, meet Steve Young, always tells it like it is.
Actually a great guy!!!

Hi Mike, Hope all is well.
Still haven't finished that Flipper. One day

#992 4 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Does anyone have, or know who stocks, the metal plate with the nylon tabs mounted to it that sits beneath the Gottlieb Decagon Score Reels? I bought a Target Alpha this week that has several of those tabs broken off so the score reels want to work their way back away from the back-glass when activated sometimes.
If I can just replace the nylon tabs (can i?) please let me know. And/or I'd like to find who stocks the metal plates and just swap out those.
Thanks!

I have a few of these. You'll need to drill them out and rivet new ones on. How many do you need?

#993 4 years ago

Let me check the machine tonight. I think three of the four base plates have broken tabs. I've not attempted riveting yet.

#994 4 years ago
Quoted from waltrr:

Hi Mike, Hope all is well.
Still haven't finished that Flipper. One day

All is well here - busy but well. Same to you. Are you retired yet?

As for Flipper, the hardest part is done - getting the game that is.

#995 4 years ago

Thanks!

I have never asked Pinball resource if they have the plates with the tabs on them. If anyone does they will. Otherwise you will need to source used. And even then would be best to just replace the plate with one where the tabs are not broken.

I have seen where people do one of two things to correct the condition.

1. Screw a small screw between the metal plate and the nylon slot to secure the reel. This is more headache when servicing the reel but works. You have to be careful to not push the reel into the backglass.

2. Drill a small hole through the rear bottom edge of the reel plate and drill matching hole(s) in the nylon guide and insert a hairpin clip to hold the reel in place. This is the way the 50's and 60's score reels were held in place. Again, you have to be careful to not push the reel into the backglass.

#996 4 years ago

That's what I'm looking for: just replacing the whole plate. I have one extra, and there's a set for sale on eBay. Would replacing those require riveting? Or just unscrewing the old plates and putting in new ones?

#997 4 years ago

I'm looking for a Gottlieb Decagon score unit from the 1970s that I could use to practice disassembly/assembly on. I want to take all 16 reels off my Bronco, and all 16 reels of my Target Alpha, and clean their mechanisms and switches, but would like to practice on a part taken out of another machine first.

Anybody got an extra one they'd be willing to part with (get it, "part")? Heh. Ok, seriously, let me know. I'd pay for the shipping, and would also pay for the part if you wanted to sell one.

Mark

#998 4 years ago

I have 1 pair of 4 slot plates intact with brass finish and a decagon unit. let me think of what I need so I know what to charge you for raping my spares

#999 4 years ago

I'm looking for a Gottlieb Decagon score unit from the 1970s that I could use to practice disassembly/assembly on. I want to take all 16 reels off my Bronco, and all 16 reels of my Target Alpha, and clean their mechanisms and switches, but would like to practice on a part taken out of another machine first.
Anybody got an extra one they'd be willing to part with (get it, "part")? Heh. Ok, seriously, let me know. I'd pay for the shipping, and would also pay for the part if you wanted to sell one.
Mark

yeah, I have a spare if you want it. PM your address & I will send it to you.

Dasvis

#1000 4 years ago

Anyone have a Gottlieb 3" 10-point bell they can let loose of?
This is the last part needed to complete the backbox on my 1968 Royal guard.

Picked up the 5" 100-point bell this evening thanks to the cool dudes @ Blairally in Eugene, OR
Chad & Dillon are the best!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 5879 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 118.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside