16637982840527273425818198252985 (resized).jpg
switch stack (resized).jpg
20220919_192330 (resized).jpg
BAC53BC1-8355-44AC-B18C-68656DCEC55B (resized).png
C4DF589C-B598-4ABB-8E38-7F40BE090169 (resized).jpeg
6EA9CBA5-4414-4402-AF84-9251C2F90047 (resized).jpeg
113C9C23-E703-44E8-88FE-71DE33DFAE29 (resized).jpeg
6CCB11F0-B52E-4AC4-891E-13D40E04FF69 (resized).jpeg

There are 9,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 185.
#9101 49 days ago

Anyone know if the upper arch for Gottlieb's El Dorado has been reproduced?

I'm helping a friend clean his ED and the upper arch is a mess. You can clearly see the difference when looking at the right edge, which was covered by wood.

El Dorado Upper Arch03 (resized).jpg
#9102 49 days ago
Quoted from ChipS:

I'm helping a friend clean his ED and the upper arch is a mess. You can clearly see the difference when looking at the right edge, which was covered by wood.

That actually looks pretty good. Mean Green and a buffing wheel would be what I do. Maybe a soak in evaporust, but I don't even see any corrosion.

Regardless, I am not aware of any repros. I do know that Steve's plastic set has an extra acrylic piece that could be substituted. But I think yours is fine once cleaned up.

#9103 49 days ago
Quoted from ChipS:

Anyone know if the upper arch for Gottlieb's El Dorado has been reproduced?
I'm helping a friend clean his ED and the upper arch is a mess. You can clearly see the difference when looking at the right edge, which was covered by wood. [quoted image]

No idea if he still has any.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repro-el-dorado-top-arch-track-who-wants-one

But I agree. That one doesn't even look chewed up. Would likely clean up really well.

Quoted from newmantjn:

I do know that Steve's plastic set has an extra acrylic piece that could be substituted.

Also true.

#9104 49 days ago

I used Mean Green on my arch for Abra Ca Dabra and it ended up removing the nickel plating. Then I soaked it in Evapo-Rust and the area without the plating turned black. So I'm looking for something that will clean it without damaging/removing the plating.

I just reached out to Jasonspoint28 to see if he has any left.

#9105 49 days ago

Any guess on what the heck the discoloration is? I don't even know what to call it.

El Dorado Upper Arch01 (resized).jpgEl Dorado Upper Arch02 (resized).jpg
#9106 49 days ago
Quoted from ChipS:

I used Mean Green on my arch for Abra Ca Dabra and it ended up removing the nickel plating. Then I soaked it in Evapo-Rust and the area without the plating turned black. So I'm looking for something that will clean it without damaging/removing the plating.
I just reached out to Jasonspoint28 to see if he has any left.

I don't believe that part is plated.
Clean it with hot water and a soap pad, then polish it with Mother's mag polish.

#9107 49 days ago
Quoted from ChipS:

Any guess on what the heck the discoloration is? I don't even know what to call it.[quoted image][quoted image]

It's oxidized rust permeating through the thin zinc plating.

#9108 49 days ago

I've had a couple people tell me it's nickel plated. And when I cleaned my Abra Ca Dabra large arch with Simple Green, it took some of that plating off. The area without the plating was very rough, not smooth like the plated area. Then, when I soaked it in Evapo-Rust, the area turned black. (2nd photo)

So that's what I'm trying to avoid.

That being said, someone on another thread suggested sanding off the nickel or zinc plating and then polishing with Mothers Mag. So I may try that. Or may throw it in the tumbler and see what happens, knowing I can sand it and polish it. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/el-dorado-upper-arch-cleaning-suggestions#post-7072936

Abra Ca Dabra arch (resized).jpgAbra Ca Dabra arch2 (resized).jpg
#9109 49 days ago
Quoted from ChipS:

I've had a couple people tell me it's nickel plated. And when I cleaned my Abra Ca Dabra large arch with Simple Green, it took some of that plating off. The area without the plating was very rough, not smooth like the plated area. Then, when I soaked it in Evapo-Rust, the area turned black. (2nd photo)
So that's what I'm trying to avoid.
That being said, someone on another thread suggested sanding off the nickel or zinc plating and then polishing with Mothers Mag. So I may try that. Or may throw it in the tumbler and see what happens, knowing I can sand it and polish it. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/el-dorado-upper-arch-cleaning-suggestions#post-7072936[quoted image][quoted image]

Gottlieb or the contractor for the plating, was very stingy... but then again, the stuff was only to be
around for only a year or two and that was it... never forty,fifty,sixty years...

#9110 49 days ago

You really can't see much of the part when installed, so clean and polish it the best you can, and reinstall it. Were the repro ones plated? I don't think so.

#9111 49 days ago

Here's another post on the subject: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/el-dorado-upper-arch-cleaning-suggestions#post-7073073

As described by Mikala:

"It removes the nickel plating. Here is a Williams top arch I dry sanded starting with 600 grit then 800, 1000, 1200, 1500, 2000, 2500, 3000. Finished off with mothers mag. Came out to almost a mirror reflection."

It looks beautiful. I doubt the nickel plating is needed as long as the edge that touches the ball is smooth.

Sanded polished arch (resized).jpg

#9112 49 days ago

Mine were a mess on my Big Ben - I ended up powder-coating the top. (Not realizing how much of the bottom one was still visible - I may dissassemble and get the bottom powder-coated too..)

#9113 49 days ago

Step 1 - Just take Mothers Mag Polish to it and see how well it will clean up. You will probably be surprised and get decent results. The more effort you put into it the better the results will be.

Step 2 - In your second photo from post #9105 where you show the apparent wear to the guide, yes, that is wear and will change the alignment of the ball trajectory because of that wear. My solution for that has been to peen the flared area flat on an anvil. You will end up with a V groove in the edge of the ball guide but will be able get it back to close to the proper alignment. Take some sandpaper to the edge after peening if needed to get the curve alignment smoothed out. For the amount of play that your game will get the realigned edge will hold up fine. I use this same approach with success on the full arches as well.

#9114 49 days ago

Bouncing between two threads here, but I actually went over the top and had this arch chrome plated for my ‘64 River Boat.

973AEC71-8847-424D-BF9C-64C9DD60C150 (resized).jpegE8885B88-B698-4806-A8EC-58D8EEB3D4DE (resized).jpeg
#9115 49 days ago
Quoted from Mikala:

Bouncing between two threads here, but I actually went over the top and had this arch chrome plated for my ‘64 River Boat.[quoted image][quoted image]

Overkill, but it looks great!

#9116 49 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Overkill, but it looks great!

shouldda stopped at nickel plating

#9117 49 days ago
Quoted from Mikala:

Bouncing between two threads here, but I actually went over the top and had this arch chrome plated for my ‘64 River Boat.

It looks great. I'm curious - was it worth the cost for chrome plating versus just sanding it and then polishing the other one with Mother's Mag? Was it a huge difference in the look? Cause your sanded/polished one looks great, too.

#9118 49 days ago
Quoted from ChipS:

It looks great. I'm curious - was it worth the cost for chrome plating versus just sanding it and then polishing the other one with Mother's Mag? Was it a huge difference in the look? Cause your sanded/polished one looks great, too.

It was a full restoration I did, I chromed just about everything on the machine except the top arch, so I figured why not. It was a constant distraction to me when playing because I was unable to get a high shine from the wet sanding. It makes the cabaret lighting so much better. Now the only problem is it perfectly reflects the under part of the top arch. So that’s next. Not chromed, but I need to paint it. Overall, I’m extremely satisfied with just sanding and mothers mag.

Quoted from pinhead52:

shouldda stopped at nickel plating

Agree, in the future I plan on doing nickel only or just professionally polished after I sand.

#9119 49 days ago

IS THIS WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR?

Quoted from Shapeshifter:Thought it an idea to have a thread for all those parts we can't find. Thread may sink into oblivion but I will start it!
Looking for a good condition Gottlieb AAB coin door ( 1975 ). Light surface rust is ok, but no dents or dings. The AAB has only 2 holes, instead of 4 that pbr sells.

E935DF1D-A731-4CE4-B998-4B8917C2B150 (resized).jpeg
#9120 48 days ago

Looking for a Gottlieb transformer for a 1977 Lucky Hand. Also, If anyone can tell me the model number for the correct one it would be much appreciated in case no one has one for sale here.

Thanks
Danny

#9121 48 days ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Looking for a Gottlieb transformer for a 1977 Lucky Hand. Also, If anyone can tell me the model number for the correct one it would be much appreciated in case no one has one for sale here.
Thanks
Danny

Do you have the part number off of it?

#9122 48 days ago
Quoted from ibis:

Do you have the part number off of it?

Thanks but no. I just bought it and the transformer had been removed when the guy that I bought it from originally purchased it.

#9123 48 days ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Thanks but no. I just bought it and the transformer had been removed when the guy that I bought it from originally purchased it.

Personally I would expect the transformer from any Gottlieb EM from near that era to be compatible. Unless multiplayer games have a different/more robust configuration.

#9124 48 days ago

Heya, I need a outhole kicker for an abra. My pivot point is too loosey goosie

Pictured is a right handed mount, I need the opposite, left handed mount...

Thanks
ken

pasted_image (resized).png
#9125 48 days ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Personally I would expect the transformer from any Gottlieb EM from near that era to be compatible. Unless multiplayer games have a different/more robust configuration.

Thanks, That’s what I’ve been hearing also but I wondered that same thing like is my 4 player 1975 Fast Draw transformer just like my 1974 single player Top Card transformer? I’ll look at both tomorrow.

I have plenty of time before I have to figure it out.

#9126 48 days ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Thanks, That’s what I’ve been hearing also but I wondered that same thing like is my 4 player 1975 Fast Draw transformer just like my 1974 single player Top Card transformer? I’ll look at both tomorrow.
I have plenty of time before I have to figure it out.

here's a sample card whiz, team one, c37: B-3235 vulcan B-3638 I would think 3235 is what you want.

#9127 47 days ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

here's a sample card whiz, team one, c37: B-3235 vulcan B-3638 I would think 3235 is what you want.

Thanks Ken. I looked and the B-3235 is what’s in my 76 single player Sure Shot too. Just found this one and bought it.

AB720DA9-5EC0-4185-A437-D5C4CC1F56C7 (resized).png
#9128 47 days ago

Looking for the proper part number for the 1 1/4" tall standing lamp sockets for under the playfield. I don't see those at PBR and would like to use all new ones for a playfield swap. The 1978 catalog only gives part numbers and not sizes.

#9129 47 days ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Looking for the proper part number for the 1 1/4" tall standing lamp sockets for under the playfield. I don't see those at PBR and would like to use all new ones for a playfield swap. The 1978 catalog only gives part numbers and not sizes.

#2916 insert lamp socket
#6413 rollover button style lamp socket
#2913 laydown style lamp socket
#16002 eject style lamp socket
#2914, #2915, #3561, #4762 variation of GI style lamp sockets

#9130 47 days ago

Just wanted to give a quick thank you to pinhead52 for helping me get what I need for my broken score reel holders replaced!

#9131 47 days ago

Looking for a score motor for a running man on a united star slugger.
Thanks

IMG_1763 (resized).jpg
#9132 47 days ago

has anyone on file the bottom panel relay lables for a 1970 Baseball ?

1 week later
#9133 34 days ago

Someone on here was looking for a NORTH STAR back
glass. I cannot find the post now. So if you are still around I have a original, with some touch up, that is presentable that would fill the bill. So if that person could PM we can fix you up.
thanks
Weeze

#9134 34 days ago
Quoted from weeze:

Someone on here was looking for a NORTH STAR back
glass. I cannot find the post now. So if you are still around I have a original, with some touch up, that is presentable that would fill the bill. So if that person could PM we can fix you up.
thanks
Weeze

It may have been TheCnyPinGuy.
I sold him one a couple of weeks ago.

#9135 33 days ago

Looking for a Gottlieb A-7742 Actuating Arm, for a Card Arm for King of Diamonds

I need it to replace the Card Arm for the Ace card

it has 2 Insulators, one in 4th hole and one in last hole position

one with Card Arm attached would be ideal, but just the Actuating Arm without the card would be great as well

The A-7742 is out of stock at PBR

I have one of the replacement card arms from PBR that I can hopefully attach

my original arm was broken and repaired by a previous owner, its pictured

A7742 (resized).jpgOrig-A7742 (resized).jpg

#9136 33 days ago
Quoted from Infectious:

Looking for a Gottlieb A-7742 Actuating Arm, for a Card Arm for King of Diamonds
I need it to replace the Card Arm for the Ace card
it has 2 Insulators, one in 4th hole and one in last hole position
one with Card Arm attached would be ideal, but just the Actuating Arm without the card would be great as well
The A-7742 is out of stock at PBR
I have one of the replacement card arms from PBR that I can hopefully attach
my original arm was broken and repaired by a previous owner, its pictured
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ive got a couple double stack actuator arms, may not be the exactly the same. But you cant reuse yours???

20220826_201225_resized (resized).jpg
#9137 33 days ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Ive got a couple double stack actuator arms, may not be the exactly the same. But you cant reuse yours???

I haven't been able to remove the broken card arm, I tried drilling out the rivets on another broken card arm without any luck, so I'm nervous about being too aggressive with this one and causing more damage. If I have to, I can put this repaired arm back in the machine, it doesn't line up perfectly with the other cards but its way better then nothing. Is there a good method for removing a bad card arm from the actuator?

#9138 33 days ago
Quoted from Infectious:

I haven't been able to remove the broken card arm, I tried drilling out the rivets on another broken card arm without any luck, so I'm nervous about being too aggressive with this one and causing more damage. If I have to, I can put this repaired arm back in the machine, it doesn't line up perfectly with the other cards but its way better then nothing. Is there a good method for removing a bad card arm from the actuator?

Here's a suggestion, with your dremel and a stone tool grind off the head of the rivet...

#9139 32 days ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

with your dremel and a stone tool grind off the head of the rivet.

Thanks, I'll give that a try

#9140 32 days ago
Quoted from Infectious:

Thanks, I'll give that a try

Even after you grind the rivet head off you may need to use a punch to push the rivets out.

#9141 31 days ago

Anyone have any ideas where I can find one of these, or if you might have one around. It is from Space Mission. It is a plastic ball guide at the side of the ball kicker, where slingshots are usually located. I’ve looked on Marco, Planetary, and Pinball life.

20CFB14C-2E47-40FF-A5FA-E6E41D732766 (resized).jpegF9F0C2A5-2BEE-41F0-A681-9CCBA63F7BFC (resized).jpeg
#9142 31 days ago
Quoted from PinballPhan:

Anyone have any ideas where I can find one of these, or if you might have one around. It is from Space Mission. It is a plastic ball guide at the side of the ball kicker, where slingshots are usually located. I’ve looked on Marco, Planetary, and Pinball life.
[quoted image][quoted image]

PBR sells them.

#9143 31 days ago

Thank you!!

#9144 31 days ago
Quoted from megoman:

I’m in need of a drop target plunger for an Allied Leisure Dynomite.
Allied decided to develop their own parts instead of using common parts from the big 3.
The plunger in question is very unit with a plastic top portion that uses a tiny metal pin to area has to target.
Anyone have one of these? Please PM me.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Check the classifieds. I just bought 2 used drop assemblies a couple months ago. If I remember correctly he had 3 more drops. I bought the parts specifically for that plunger and the drop target itself. My Disco 79 was missing them when I got it.

I'm working 7 days a week,up to 16 hours a day but hit me up if you don't find an ad and I'll pass along the sellers contact info.

#9145 31 days ago

I have listed a few Bally parts circa 1970’s on the Market.

Steppers
Two ball count units
Coin unit
00-09 unit
Player Up unit

Score motor
Flash motor.

I will be listing some more items.
Flipper units (Lt & Rt)
Hole kickers (Lt & Rt)
A metal frame for playfield glass (needs end caps)
And a few others.

Give me a shout if you have any questions.

Phil

1 week later
#9146 24 days ago

For a Bally 1972 Fireball wanting to purchase a coin lockout armature and bell striker from a 00-90 stepper. Thks Wayne

coillockoutarmature (resized).jpg

ballybell3 (resized).jpg

#9147 24 days ago

I junked a Stern Raw Hide. Cabinet bottom was bought for a Meteor. Backglass is fair. I have reasonable UPS rates to USA. Ask about parts, most are there but I want to gut everything soon to free up space.

#9148 24 days ago

Looking for Gottlieb slotted screws without washer heads. I need the longer 1-5/8” and 1-3/4”. PBR only has the 1-1/2”.

Also need about 24 with the washer heads size 6 x 1-1/2”.

Thanks.

#9149 24 days ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

Looking for Gottlieb slotted screws without washer heads. I need the longer 1-5/8” and 1-3/4”. PBR only has the 1-1/2”. Thanks.

how many do you need? I can source a 8 or 10 of each

#9150 24 days ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

how many do you need? I can source a 8 or 10 of each

I need 6 of them. They are for the apron. I think the 1-3/4” would be better if you have them. Thanks!

Do you have any with the washer heads? I need about 24 of those in 1-1/2” for the plastics.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods
$ 22.50
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
1,350 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leeper, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
There are 9,247 posts in this topic. You are on page 183 of 185.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!