e5efab146512a32505bbf17802054f9e30ddaf86 (resized).jpg
pinside.3a7b2d029b01770456deb933b846a03cb0362a2c (resized).jpg
IMG_2808 (resized).jpeg
Gottlieb Coin Door 2-23-24 (resized).jpg
Gottlieb Coin Doors (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20240220_032931688.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240220_032947351 (resized).jpg

There are 10,305 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 207.
#7851 2 years ago

In need of a Gottlieb System 1
5 drop target metal reset bar.

The reset bar on my game is worn from thousands and thousands of resets so the targets don’t always stay up after a reset.

Specific game I have is Joker Poker so it’s the reset bar for the Aces bank.

Please PM me if you can assist

Many thanks

#7852 2 years ago

probably the holes that the rod goes thru at both ends of the reset bar have worn the holes larger so the bar isn't high enough to reach the ledge where they "sit" in the up position? Sound about right?
If so take a old hacksaw blade or go get a couple new ones at harbor freight. Cut to the length of the reset bar. Use some GOOD duct tape like Gorilla and cut a couple strips, place the hacksaw blade on the bar and tape around the bar and the blade on each end out at the the bar's end so the tape doesnt impact anything. If that only fixs some but not all. do it all over again with TWO blades. Ive done this several times and as far as I know they are still working just fine years and years later..
If the wear is such that its actually "CUT' into the rod that goes under and ends by cunnecting to the bar, a piece of all thread fix you right up. I think you can even find those in "sets" at your friendly parts supply.
Good luck, let us know!

service-dog-memes-always-bring-out-the-smiles-20 (resized).jpgservice-dog-memes-always-bring-out-the-smiles-20 (resized).jpg
#7853 2 years ago

I am looking for the spring that attaches to a Gottlieb outhole kicker. It is Gottlieb Part No A-9758.

It is unavailable from both PBR and Marco.

Does anyone have a new spring or one from a parted machine?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-9758

9E595DAE-EF51-4FF9-A3A2-6D777E990A7F (resized).jpeg9E595DAE-EF51-4FF9-A3A2-6D777E990A7F (resized).jpegF7B2D972-54CF-45FC-B6C0-D9474490C282 (resized).jpegF7B2D972-54CF-45FC-B6C0-D9474490C282 (resized).jpeg
#7854 2 years ago

I finally figured out this camera I got...the pictures I promised of this odd Neptune with the factory electronic scoring and a soundboard can be seen in the section for Neptune under Guiliano Lodona(being the Italian nude version)...there are 14 images of it...the other one is the normal version with the black/white mechanical score reels...you can see clearly in the images how the relay bank is wired up to the circuitboard for scoring and below all that is a small soundboard connected to a speaker in the backbox...I note(and pretty obvious!)that inside the cabinet there is no chimes or bell but the wiring is there for such...the harness has not been modified..it all seems factory engineered and designed though no info to say there was ever any alternative design...all other Neptunes and it's variants are EM all the way through,be it like the other one shown or the fake black/red mechanical most know about...I call this one a "hybrid"...part EM as can be seen obviously... particularly the motor board and stepper units but part SS because it definitely has the digital circuitboard for scoring... elecro-mechanical gun games/racing games of the mid-70's did incorporate small circuit boards especially for sound...but I haven't seen an EM incorporate both that and have electronic circuitboard as such for scoring..my only guess is this was the absolute very last one of the era before SS's confined EM's to history for good....I doubt this was some prototype...it had to be for production but Italy only?...Have to be in USA for sure.

#7855 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

I am looking for the spring that attaches to a Gottlieb outhole kicker. It is Gottlieb Part No A-9758.
[quoted image][quoted image]

If you still have the old one, try going to Ace hardware and find a substitute. My local Ace carries a nice supply of various sized springs.

#7856 2 years ago

Not sure where to look for the Neptune pics that were posted. Please include address or link. thanks...

#7857 2 years ago

No link /address needed..just check this site but go to same section for machines as is this one...you have two listings for Neptune here on the site...Gottlieb Neptune which gets you here to discuss or,where those images are,on the other listing ,Guilano Lodola Neptune(the one with the nude backglass version)...then go to the images section of that one instead of discussion section...you will then see 14 images..13 of those are my one...the other is the other collector's one which is the usual mechanical reels one...the system allows you to view up closer and slide from one pic to the next so I tried to put them in such an order in particular the backbox section where the unusual setup of the circuitboards are...and demonstrate that this is not any conversion done by whoever but is actually a factory-designed setup...what is important is to see if such a design is done in any other machine whether another Gottlieb-sourced one or some other manufacturer...as said before,early/mid 70's arcade games(particularly gun and racing EM ones)sometimes did incorporate small circutboards in them for sound(there was those and some had 8-track systems)..but never seen anything pinball-wise or even arcade-wise of circuitboard scoring incorporated in a definite EM setup..here you've got the scoring relay bank with the reset(I guess)directly feeding a circuitboard for true electronic scoring..the soundboard is a mystery but my guess is it plays a digital version of chimes or bells but haven't confirmed yet of that(for all i know,it might have some limited vocabulary like Gorgar or Xenon)

#7859 2 years ago

Thankyou for the pics and directions to find them. This game appears to be quite unique. Would love to see a video of it in play...

Alex

#7860 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

[quoted image][quoted image]

You can have this one I’ll pop off for you. $5 including S/H in a box if you are in the US

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#7861 2 years ago
Quoted from el-comico:

No link /address needed..just check this site but go to same section for machines as is this one...you have two listings for Neptune here on the site...Gottlieb Neptune which gets you here to discuss or,where those images are,on the other listing ,Guilano Lodola Neptune(the one with the nude backglass version)...then go to the images section of that one instead of discussion section...you will then see 14 images..13 of those are my one...the other is the other collector's one which is the usual mechanical reels one...the system allows you to view up closer and slide from one pic to the next so I tried to put them in such an order in particular the backbox section where the unusual setup of the circuitboards are...and demonstrate that this is not any conversion done by whoever but is actually a factory-designed setup...what is important is to see if such a design is done in any other machine whether another Gottlieb-sourced one or some other manufacturer...as said before,early/mid 70's arcade games(particularly gun and racing EM ones)sometimes did incorporate small circutboards in them for sound(there was those and some had 8-track systems)..but never seen anything pinball-wise or even arcade-wise of circuitboard scoring incorporated in a definite EM setup..here you've got the scoring relay bank with the reset(I guess)directly feeding a circuitboard for true electronic scoring..the soundboard is a mystery but my guess is it plays a digital version of chimes or bells but haven't confirmed yet of that(for all i know,it might have some limited vocabulary like Gorgar or Xenon)

It looks to me like the same folks that customized the art took it to the next level with a set of boards that tied into the score reels to use 7 segment LEDs and a board that beeps instead of using the chimes. It looks well done, but not a factory job. Look at how much bare wire there is on the connector plugging into the boards and the crude plywood cutout behind the score window.

Very interesting and cool as a mod, though. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Dave

#7862 2 years ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

You can have this one I’ll pop off for you. $5 including S/H in a box if you are in the US
[quoted image]

I’d like to find one of these as well. I tried to get the spring from PBR to see of that is the issue with the ball launch on our el dorado and was told it’s no longer available.

Thanks,
Dave

#7863 2 years ago
Quoted from dgAmpGuy:

I’d like to find one of these as well. I tried to get the spring from PBR to see of that is the issue with the ball launch on our el dorado and was told it’s no longer available.
Thanks,
Dave

I have another if you want it

Mike V

#7864 2 years ago
Quoted from dgAmpGuy:

Thanks,
Dave

This is bad on Pinball Resources side... they are to be exclusive Gottlieb suppliers...

#7865 2 years ago

I'm looking for a 12x2 Jones socket for my Chicago Coin Puck bowler.

#7866 2 years ago

I think I have a 9x2 and a 3x2, I’ll check when I get home.

#7867 2 years ago

Looking for this sprocket from a Gottlieb Flipper Fair Balls To Play Unit.

Preferably one with all its teeth

No wonder the fool thing wouldn't advance!

balls to play unit sprocket (resized).jpgballs to play unit sprocket (resized).jpg
#7868 2 years ago

Missing teeth are often intentional. They're mechanical limits to how far the stepper can advance which might be appropriate for a Ball Count unit.

/Mark

#7869 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Looking for this sprocket from a Gottlieb Flipper Fair Balls To Play Unit.
Preferably one with all its teeth
No wonder the fool thing wouldn't advance!
[quoted image]

Quoted from MarkG:

Missing teeth are often intentional. They're mechanical limits to how far the stepper can advance which might be appropriate for a Ball Count unit.
/Mark

Yep, that sprocket is factory.

It may have been installed 180 from where it’s supposed to be or something may have been out of adjustment for that to cause a problem.

#7870 2 years ago

I thought of that, but the area is bright and shiny, as if a tooth had come off.

All the pictures I’ve found have one part of the piece or another obscured. There isn’t a full picture of it in the parts manual.

#7871 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

I thought of that, but the area is bright and shiny, as if a tooth had come off.

That might be because the advance solenoid fires, and the advance arm reaches out and pulls back over the missing tooth. But instead of grabbing the next tooth the arm just drags across the gap. Knowing that the stepper can't mechanically advance past a certain point may have allowed the designer to leave out a limit switch that would have kept the advance solenoid from firing. You'd need to check the schematic to be sure.

If you reassemble the Ball Count Unit can you manually advance it to the correct number of balls? And can you not manually advance it past that point?

#7872 2 years ago

Before I took it apart, it would not manually advance either direction.

This is on an add a ball game. The game should reset to five balls and advance up to ten and step down to zero. There is a post that I think is the stop for resetting, but I’m the noob among us.

The game tries to start on ball 8, once on 9.

I’ll post a better pic.

#7873 2 years ago

The missing tooth would make it fail to advance past a certain point, not advance too far. Perhaps you should start a new topic to troubleshoot that.

#7874 2 years ago

Another missing tooth caper. That damn sprocket is so damn hard, it would be nearly impossible for a tooth to break off. They did this intentionally so that the unit would have a mechanical limit. Something is out of adjustment, but your sprocket is fine.

#7875 2 years ago

Thank you all for your help.

#7876 2 years ago

Looking for this plastic for a Stern Stampede (or Rawhide) as well as one of the standup targets.

5355D81B-2D79-40E0-A525-A4C13532A4A3 (resized).jpeg5355D81B-2D79-40E0-A525-A4C13532A4A3 (resized).jpeg

#7877 2 years ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Looking for this plastic for a Stern Stampede (or Rawhide) as well as one of the standup targets.
[quoted image]

OUCH!

#7878 2 years ago

I’ve got it taped for now but if anyone comes across that piece let me know.

6A74555C-D502-463D-BA6F-FC5B62DE75F3 (resized).jpeg6A74555C-D502-463D-BA6F-FC5B62DE75F3 (resized).jpeg

#7879 2 years ago

Thats a good candidate for a lexan plastic protector. You can make it yourself and it will support the cracked plastic and protect it at the same time.
(If you cannot find one)

#7880 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I would also post in this forum.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trade-your-plastics

I suggest trying to repair the plastic, then cut a piece of Lexan (polycarbonate) 1/8” larger on the edges than the original. Place the lexan piece under the fixed plastic. In the future the ball will hit the lexan not the plastic, and lexan won’t break on impact with a pinball.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repairing-cracked-and-broken-plastics#post-5423763

Or make your own plastics.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-guide-to-making-your-own-reproduction-plastics
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/making-your-own-plastic-to-replace-a-broken-one-

#7881 2 years ago

These are the coin boxes I can locate so far, if anyone is interested- $25 a piece, plus shipping.

57AB1F4B-2BD9-49D3-B734-12B430B76966 (resized).jpeg57AB1F4B-2BD9-49D3-B734-12B430B76966 (resized).jpeg6ECF0B5A-8FFF-435D-A8C4-098DC2F036FC (resized).jpeg6ECF0B5A-8FFF-435D-A8C4-098DC2F036FC (resized).jpeg74ECA95A-015E-46CE-B728-EC052F561F67 (resized).jpeg74ECA95A-015E-46CE-B728-EC052F561F67 (resized).jpeg
#7882 2 years ago

Looks like I need a 12x2 Jones plug and socket. Its for a Chicago Coin Shuffle alley.

#7883 2 years ago

I am looking for (5) 1.5”, 2 hole, single sided lane guides in opaque white. Looking for nice, uncracked originals that are aged (yellowed) like these.

They are going on a Buccaneer Serial #1077S.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

DE6A36A3-B1A0-4D16-884D-28CD4112DC73 (resized).jpegDE6A36A3-B1A0-4D16-884D-28CD4112DC73 (resized).jpegE65E8E56-AB3A-4225-BAB8-1A6540FBB0A4 (resized).jpegE65E8E56-AB3A-4225-BAB8-1A6540FBB0A4 (resized).jpeg
#7884 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

I am looking for (5) 1.5”, 2 hole, single sided lane guides in opaque white. Looking for nice, uncracked originals that are aged (yellowed) like these.
They are going on a Buccaneer Serial #1077S.
Thanks in advance for any help!![quoted image][quoted image]

If i was home I could fix you up... I do have a set of pf plastics if you need any there.

Ken

#7885 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

If i was home I could fix you up... I do have a set of pf plastics if you need any there.
Ken

I can wait for the lane guides!

My playfield plastics are in decent shape.

#7886 2 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Ken

Looking to sell the whole set or willing to break it up? Picked up a ship ahoy recently with one small chip in the plastic to the left of the spinner.

#7887 2 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Looking to sell the whole set or willing to break it up? Picked up a ship ahoy recently with one small chip in the plastic to the left of the spinner.

I'll sell you the whole set at a bargain basement price...

#7888 2 years ago

If anyone has one of these to sell it would be much appreciated. Thanks

DF994AFE-22C1-40AF-8487-6742A525459E (resized).jpegDF994AFE-22C1-40AF-8487-6742A525459E (resized).jpeg
#7889 2 years ago

Longshot here but looking for a backglass for a 1971 Bally Firecracker.

#7891 2 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

If anyone has one of these to sell it would be much appreciated. Thanks

If a reproduction arch hole cover is sufficient, they’re available at Pinball Resource:

http://www.pbresource.com/signatur.html

#7892 2 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

If a reproduction arch hole cover is sufficient, they’re available at Pinball Resource:
http://www.pbresource.com/signatur.html

Thanks. I completely missed that on their website. It’s not the most user friendly.

#7893 2 years ago

Looking for the plastic behind the drop targets on the right side of a Volley. If you have a brand new set I would buy those also.

#7894 2 years ago

1960 Williams coin tags needed. 5 cent and 25 cent. The ones pictures by Crow River aren't the same.

IMG_0812 (resized).jpgIMG_0812 (resized).jpg
#7895 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Longshot here but looking for a backglass for a 1971 Bally Firecracker.

I have a decent Firecracker backglass available. I could bring it to Pinfest in 2 weeks.

#7896 2 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

1960 Williams coin tags needed. 5 cent and 25 cent. The ones pictures by Crow River aren't the same.
[quoted image]

Tough item. Years ago, someone I know nabbed a big baggie of them at the Pinball Wizards flea market.

#7897 2 years ago

Anyone got a 5” bell? Williams EM

#7898 2 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

[quoted image]

The one shown in pic are the easiest to make. I usually add a decal to the back which usually is still pristine.

#7899 2 years ago

I have 2 Williams machines, Doodlebug and Soccer, both have the 3 inch bells missing from the match units. I don't need any mechanisms just the bells them self. Anyone have any lurking around to sell? Or any bright ideas where to source a modern day version on something?

Just to add to the fun I'm in the UK - happy to pay postage though.

Thanks

#7900 2 years ago
Quoted from Geofflove:

I have 2 Williams machines, Doodlebug and Soccer, both have the 3 inch bells missing from the match units. I don't need any mechanisms just the bells them self. Anyone have any lurking around to sell? Or any bright ideas where to source a modern day version on something?
Just to add to the fun I'm in the UK - happy to pay postage though.
Thanks

I know I have at least 1 three inch bell from an early 60’s gottlieb machine, might even have 2?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 10,305 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 207.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/158?hl=murphdom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.