IMG_2395 (resized).JPG
IMG_2394 (resized).JPG
aztec1 (resized).jpg
gtbparadise.jpeg
20240325_122857.jpg
20240325_105918 (resized).jpg
IMG_0448 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
There are 10,341 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 207.
#601 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I have a nice one with no rust and no major scratching. I'd rather sell it but I suppose a trade would work too. Shoot me a PM.

20150101_193810.jpg 165 KB

End caps from our buddy Steve and you're all set
gtb-a6026-7at.jpggtb-a6026-7at.jpg

#602 9 years ago

PM sent John_I

#603 9 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Ive ended up with 3 "Vulcan" NOS schematics...if anybody would like one LMK
Ken

I have a Vulcan awaiting restore! I'll take one

#604 9 years ago

Kudo's to John_I for swapping lock down bars with me.

My North Star will be very pleased.

#605 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I need a Match Unit for Gottlieb Flip a Card. This is the unit in the backbox and not the one under the playfield. It has two connectors with 2x7 pins on each. It is technically called the "0-9 Unit" for this game. Any help would be great!
Edit: I have lots of parts to trade, give away or sell including other match units. Just parted a Jack in the Box, Target Alpha and Quick Draw which were all in a fire. The internal metal parts are mostly good. Have sold and/or given a lot away already.

Be careful with what you obtain here. I actually just recreated a match unit for a Centigrade 37 which has two 2x7 jones plugs but highly doubt it would function correctly in your FAC. Unless you can find one from a FAC you will probably need to rewire one based off of one from a FAC.

#606 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Be careful with what you obtain here. I actually just recreated a match unit for a Centigrade 37 which has two 2x7 jones plugs but highly doubt it would function correctly in your FAC. Unless you can find one from a FAC you will probably need to rewire one based off of one from a FAC.

Thanks. I do have a C37 and had not noticed it was 2x7. I will not try it without really checking the connections well first against the schematics and do a little probing.

The big problem with not having the unit in the FAC is not the match function. That I can live without. The 0-9 unit also controls the "100 point when lit" pop bumper. Without the unit the center pop doesn't score any points at all and never lights. Just now I went in with my meter and the schematics and figured out which two empty jones sockets in the backbox to temporarily wire the pop to be lit and score 100 points all the time. That seems to work just fine - aside from having to replace the 75 ohm 10 watt resistor that is in line and going bad.

So for now I can live with having the center pop always lit and scoring 100 points. At some point it would be nice to have the proper unit in there, so if I can't find one I will rewire one of my spares. I have a friend with a FAC that I can borrow the unit from if the one in C37 is not the same. Thanks again for the advice.

#607 9 years ago

If you have a guide in the form of another FAC that is the best.

Don't sell yourself short in terms of reproducing this relay in its entirety if you have the other FAC as a go by.

At a minimum to only get the alternating function you will need:
1. Main AS relay body with spindle, coil, actuator plate.
2. Make switch for on/off function of the alternating relay function.
3. Jones plug(s) for two wires(i'm predicting here that the alternating function will be an on/off set up) for the alternating switch.
4. Jones plug(s) for two wires for the power signal to the coil.

Getting the alternating function will be very simple having to only hook up 4 wires. All the other wires for this relay are for the match determination and lighting.

Good luck.

#608 9 years ago

I do have the right AS and Jones plugs if you want to try to make your own...I was going to offer to make one for you but its about 4 hours worth of work, needs to be a labor of love

#609 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

2. Make switch for on/off function of the alternating relay function.

Since he said it does not score "anything" with the AS relay missing, it makes me think they didn't use an alternator relay but instead have simply a Make/Break switch - which might also explain the reference to the 75 ohm resistor (to drop the 28V to 6V for the lamp).

#610 9 years ago

Need a Target Pool backglass. Yes Ron webb has them and will most likely buy from him unless...

And need a CardWiz glass (bgrestro)

#611 9 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Need a Target Pool backglass. Yes Ron webb has them and will most likely buy from him unless...
And need a CardWiz glass (bgrestro)

i've got a target pool bg, but it's not great... i bought the repro from ron, it is up to his usual standards...

my name is chris, and i am a bg whore... it's sick, but i'll spend more money on a bg than the rest of the machine is worth...

#612 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

my name is chris, and i am a bg whore... it's sick

I gotta admit, I read that wrong.

#613 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I gotta admit, I read that wrong.

roflmao! yea, i can see how...

#614 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i've got a target pool bg, but it's not great... i bought the repro from ron, it is up to his usual standards...
my name is chris, and i am a bg whore... it's sick, but i'll spend more money on a bg than the rest of the machine is worth...

Would you sell it? Thats my problem, spent $200 on the machine and now Im going to sink 300 for a bg? The pf is really nice though. Post a pic of your used bg. Otherwise Ron will get the biz once he's open again.

Gawd, temped to replace the pf targets (the generic ones) 15 times $4, $60 for targets, but I'd get Boilerman busy

#615 9 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Would you sell it? Thats my problem, spent $200 on the machine and now Im going to sink 300 for a bg? The pf is really nice though. Post a pic of your used bg. Otherwise Ron will get the biz once he's open again.
Gawd, temped to replace the pf targets (the generic ones) 15 times $4, $60 for targets, but I'd get Boilerman busy

sure... i'll take some pics later on this afternoon for you...

i am tempted to replace the targets on mine as well, and if the ball targets were available, i'd definitely be writing a check to steve and making a drive to see boilerman... just replacing the posts and pop bumper cap spruced it up quite a bit, and new targets would really be nice...

#616 9 years ago

BG prices? Yes. This is something that's definitely a consideration. Unless, you happen to come upon NOS or used for sub $200, you can expect to drop $250-$300 for a repro. Usually for a game that's worth, maybe, in the $500-$1,000 range depending on how popular it is. I recently bought a Gottlieb Sunshine for $45. Really excellent playfield, ok cabinet and NO BG. No legs either. You sink $60 on legs, casters and bolts, $15 on a schematic, $15 on rings, $5 on balls and THEN $250-$300 on a BG, it all starts to add up.

Now I know most of us do this out of a labor (emphasize on "LABOR") of love but there comes a point where I just don't like sinking a lot more cash in parts that I can get when I sell it.

Regarding the Sunshine. At $45, it was a GREAT deal for a restorer (or whatever) so no complaints there. BUT, nothing burns my britches more than an overpriced project game. Just sayin' Rant over.

#617 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Since he said it does not score "anything" with the AS relay missing, it makes me think they didn't use an alternator relay but instead have simply a Make/Break switch - which might also explain the reference to the 75 ohm resistor (to drop the 28V to 6V for the lamp).

Exactly. It is using the extra NC and NO contacts on the Match unit to toggle the center pop from 10 to 100 points and also light the light (hence the 75 ohm resistor).

So the cam on those switches determines how much of the time the pop bumper is lit. I have a few extra match units. I will have to compare the cams on those to my friend's FAC to see how they compare. For now it is not bad having it wired to 100 points - that is better than nothing.

Quoted from pinhead52:

its about 4 hours worth of work, needs to be a labor of love

Yeah at some point I will rewire one of mine. Thanks for the help and offer.

"D" is the relay for the 0-9 unit (Match unit).

Flip A Card.jpgFlip A Card.jpg

#618 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

sure... just replacing the posts and pop bumper cap spruced it up quite a bit, and new targets would really be nice...

You are not going to find the pool ball targets except for the solids...One of my striped has the paint worn off of it. Will at some point demount, spray paint a stripe on it and remount.

Will get 8 or 15 of these for the other targets
gtb-a12301WhiteRed.jpggtb-a12301WhiteRed.jpg

#619 9 years ago

yea, the only thing really holding me back from doing those is that then the ball targets would look even worse...

hmmm... never thought of trying to spray paint them...

#620 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Had my Flip a Card open so I made a scan and cleaned it up a little bit in Photoshop.

2 plastic.jpeg 81 KB

Hey John,

That's perfect. Thanks.

Can I PM you my email address and you send me the file? Unless the 81k one that is here is what you have.

I just assumed it would be much larger.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Bert

#621 9 years ago

everything was mailed this morning. Hopefully I got everything right. I have some tracking numbers if necessary. I would ask for cheapest way and they would say priority was cheapest most of the time. shipping charges should be on all the packages. There is no way to ship cheap to UK anymore.
Happy New year everyone.

#622 9 years ago

target pool bg... like i said, not great...

image.jpgimage.jpg

image-620.jpgimage-620.jpg

#623 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

image-620.jpg 163 KB

image.jpg 215 KB

Nice nail polish Chris

#624 9 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

Nice nail polish Chris

i went silver for the holidays....

#625 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Exactly. It is using the extra NC and NO contacts on the Match unit to toggle the center pop from 10 to 100 points and also light the light (hence the 75 ohm resistor).
So the cam on those switches determines how much of the time the pop bumper is lit. I have a few extra match unit.

In that case it is a make/break switch which will require a switch on the AS relay the same as is on C37. I found that actual switch difficult to find and actually used a separate make and separate break switch to do the job. There are usually no extra switches on these relays to "use". And it will take three wires instead of two to make it work.

#626 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

Nice! A lot nicer than mine, pm sent! Where the felt hit my glass the paint is completely gone. I have about 15% paint loss

Thanks Chris

Ken

#627 9 years ago

Ok heres some junk out of my junk box that i have no need for.
Send me a PM if you want any of this and pay pal me some shipping when you get em.

A frame for a gottlieb stepper. Brass
some bowler lifters??
a gottlieb coil and small frame
a smaller relay stack for who knows what
some arcade door with coin mech
a decagon reel in decent shape

--Jeff

WP_20150103_15_25_59_Pro.jpgWP_20150103_15_25_59_Pro.jpg WP_20150103_15_26_13_Pro.jpgWP_20150103_15_26_13_Pro.jpg WP_20150103_15_26_23_Pro.jpgWP_20150103_15_26_23_Pro.jpg WP_20150103_15_26_42_Pro.jpgWP_20150103_15_26_42_Pro.jpg
#628 9 years ago

Looking for a part for my 7 bank drop target unit on my Gottlieb Big Shot.

The 7 bank drop targets have a series bar inside which lets a switch activate when all the targets are down.

Series Bar is missing.

Not sure if Steve has these. Part number is A-14535.

If someone has a carcass or a whole unit they are willing to sell I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bert

#629 9 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

The 7 bank drop targets have a series bar inside which lets a switch activate when all the targets are down.

Series Bar is missing.

Not sure if Steve has these. Part number is A-14535.

Ask Steve anyway. He has had some of these parts in the past.

#630 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Ask Steve anyway. He has had some of these parts in the past.

yea, i was able to get 9 position one from him... it was used, but it did what i needed...

#633 9 years ago

¡Ay, caramba!

Never thought I'd find one at Marco.

I wonder if Steve makes it since it's a Gottlieb part.

Will pull the thread tomorrow.

Thanks.

#634 9 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

Marco buys a lot of parts from Steve, so people can buy them without having to write a check and mail it in.

#635 9 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

¡Ay, caramba!
Never thought I'd find one at Marco.
Will pull the thread tomorrow.
Thanks.

You never know, I looked everywhere for the spinners on my Gottlieb King Kool --- finally found them @ Marcos... WTF? They were perfect & looked like new old stock. Who would have thought.
Marcos has moved up my list of go to vendors, they have really stepped up their service & parts in the last year or so. Very professional outfit.

#636 9 years ago

Marcos or PBR. My "go to" parts distributers.

#637 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Marco buys a lot of parts from Steve, so people can buy them without having to write a check and mail it in.

It's only bad the first time.

Since then I send my check electronically from my bank the day I receive the goods.

Easy Peezy.

But I never order just one part because of the shipping costs.

How is Marcos for shipping. Guess I'll be finding out.

Thanks all.

#638 9 years ago

Marcos shipping is not great either. Buy some extra balls, rubber, Novus and/or things you will eventually use...

Yeah I send a check to Steve and it is not an issue. I keep an email open for a week or so accumulating parts that I need and then finally hit send when I think I have everything. The thing about PBR is they have so much more than what is on their website. They probably have that same bar, but Marcos actually has it on their website. A lot of time I put the part number out of the parts catalog and sure enough PBR will have it no problem.

#639 9 years ago

I have a separate post but figured I would through this up here as well since I know you EM guys probably have some of these sitting in a box in the coal cellar.....looking for a 5 cent coin mech to put in my Bally Skill Roll game. If you have one please pm me!

as for

Quoted from fflint_18:

Nice nail polish Chris

Surprised at you Chris as I would expect some sparkles in that nail polish!!!

$_57.JPG$_57.JPG
#640 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I have a separate post but figured I would through this up here as well since I know you EM guys probably have some of these sitting in a box in the coal cellar.....looking for a 5 cent coin mech to put in my Bally Skill Roll game. If you have one please pm me!
as for

Surprised at you Chris as I would expect some sparkles in that nail polish!!!

$_57.JPG 82 KB

nickle coin mechs are as rare as hen's teeth, sadly... they pop up on fleabay every now and then, but most people who have them hang on to them to use in machines...

i didn't want to be too flashy...

#641 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

nickle coin mechs are as rare as hen's teeth, sadly... they pop up on fleabay every now and then, but most people who have them hang on to them to use in machines...
i didn't want to be too flashy...

Yeah actually another Pinsider found a listing on ebay for $10.95 inc shipping so I jumped on it!

#642 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

2 things.

1st - If you still need one I think someone at work may have one. I'd have to burn a favor so let me know before I ask.

2nd - I knew you were from PA when you said "Coal Cellar", I'd have thought northeastern PA, but I guess anywhere in PA. Only folks I know that say that are my age and got it from their parents and grandparents. My kids can't even understand that folks used to get coal delivered to the house to heat it. Much less have a cellar for it.

Bert

#643 9 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

2 things.
1st - If you still need one I think someone at work may have one. I'd have to burn a favor so let me know before I ask.
2nd - I knew you were from PA when you said "Coal Cellar", I'd have thought northeastern PA, but I guess anywhere in PA. Only folks I know that say that are my age and got it from their parents and grandparents. My kids can't even understand that folks used to get coal delivered to the house to heat it. Much less have a cellar for it.
Bert

Appreciate the offer to help but I did order one of ePay so I no longer need one (of course as soon as I say this you know something will go wrong with the transaction )

Yeah my grandparents had a coal cellar in their house! Once they converted to a gas furnace the coal cellar became a workshop area for my grandfather. To this day the coal chute is still there (outside of the house)! Guy that owns the place now said he keeps it for nostalgia purposes!

#644 9 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Appreciate the offer to help but I did order one of ePay so I no longer need one (of course as soon as I say this you know something will go wrong with the transaction )
Yeah my grandparents had a coal cellar in their house! Once they converted to a gas furnace the coal cellar became a workshop area for my grandfather. To this day the coal chute is still there (outside of the house)! Guy that owns the place now said he keeps it for nostalgia purposes!

cool, glad you got one...

the "door" into my basement was the coal chute... judging from how many tons of coal chitters i dug out of my back yard, they used coal for quite awhile in here before converting to oil... the radiators were retrofitted in somewhere along the line... house originally had gas lights too...

no wonder they had so many fires in "the bad old days"...

#645 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

cool, glad you got one...
the "door" into my basement was the coal chute... judging from how many tons of coal chitters i dug out of my back yard, they used coal for quite awhile in here before converting to oil... the radiators were retrofitted in somewhere along the line... house originally had gas lights too...
no wonder they had so many fires in "the bad old days"...

I think you meant "coal, glad you got one"!!!

The entrance for coal and the storage for it was under the front porch. It was a decent size front porch and this way the coal was actually out of site as there was a door that led way to the underside of the porch. Actually pretty neat planning BUT the downside was....the bloody furnace was almost on the other side of the house so you would have to lug the coal from one side to the other!!!

#646 9 years ago

Here are some of my spares, includes transformer, lockdown bar ($85, sure thing once I sell it I'll need it) Lots of playfield parts not pictured. If you need 60s or 70s Gottlieb parts I may have them. Lots of coils, slings, flippers pops, credit unit, coin door parts, side rails, prop bar top arch, PM if you see anything you need. If you PM me for a part not shown and I don't answer, I don't have it.

IMG_0004.JPGIMG_0004.JPG IMG_0005.JPGIMG_0005.JPG IMG_0001.JPGIMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPGIMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPGIMG_0003.JPG
#647 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Here are some of my spares, includes transformer, lockdown bar ($85, sure thing once I sell it I'll need it) Lots of playfield parts not pictured. If you need 60s or 70s Gottlieb parts I may have them. Lots of coils, slings, flippers pops, credit unit, coin door parts, side rails, prop bar top arch, PM if you see anything you need. If you PM me for a part not shown and I don't answer, I don't have it.

Somebody here was just looking for the Lamp Plate for behind the Coin Chute inserts (a 3 lamp one at the top of your photo). Not sure if they sourced one yet.

#648 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Here are some of my spares

I could use a Gottlieb Shooter rod and bezel in good condition for my Abra Ca dabra. All my parts are painted which tells me they are shot. I can buy the rest of what I need from PBR but I don't think they offer these new. PM sent.

Ken

Gottlieb late style shooter rod and bezel 001.JPGGottlieb late style shooter rod and bezel 001.JPG

#649 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I could use a Gottlieb Shooter rod and bezel in good condition for my Abra Ca dabra. All my parts are painted which tells me they are shot. I can buy the rest of what I need from PBR but I don't think they offer these new. PM sent.
Ken

Gottlieb late style shooter rod ... 115 KB

Actually pbr will sell you the complete assembly for $28,

gtb-a8833.jpggtb-a8833.jpg

I was just looking in my parts bin and Ive got 4-5 of these, stop by and you can pursue my stash

#650 9 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Actually pbr will sell you the complete assembly for $28,

Thanks for the offer Ken.

I will just pick it up from PBR new as I now know they are available and I will get the other coin door parts from them as well. Looks like my ACD will be in for a paint job down the road if you are up for it.

Ken

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shaker Heights, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 10,341 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 207.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-seeking-parts-thread/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.