Topic Stats

• 6,397 posts
  • 590 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 151 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,954 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2020-05-26 21.38.42.jpg
IMG_6843 (resized).jpg
IMG_6180 (resized).JPG
IMG_6178 (resized).JPG
IMG_6118 (resized).JPG
IMG_1771 (resized).JPG
IMG_1770 (resized).JPG
IMG_1769 (resized).JPG
IMG_1768 (resized).JPG
IMG_1767 (resized).JPG
038FE70F-036C-4CD7-84F6-E2F2D8196FB0 (resized).jpeg
8C654D5D-4FD6-41EB-81D2-1EA865FD9563 (resized).jpeg
EB138B93-E69F-471A-B13E-03C818764482 (resized).jpeg
1099F746-C385-46B7-A253-C89F8DB0BD12 (resized).jpeg
962363F3-D8A9-4C46-AEB0-9C9B9DF508D2 (resized).jpeg
51A1F688-984C-42BF-A370-B38A4D0A2B4D (resized).jpeg

There are 6397 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 128.
#6151 47 days ago

What the heck....anybody have any extra marbelized triangle-shaped playfield posts from woodrail games? Need three of the same color...red, white, or blue would work. If you happen to have one of any of the colors, please LMK price, condition, color. Maybe I can put together three of the same from different guys. Thanks, Joe

#6152 47 days ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

What the heck....anybody have any extra marbelized triangle-shaped playfield posts from woodrail games? Need three of the same color...red, white, or blue would work. If you happen to have one of any of the colors, please LMK price, condition, color. Maybe I can put together three of the same from different guys. Thanks, Joe

Joe, any chance you have a pic of one to see the size? Or which machine would have them in the database?
I have a bunch of woodrail crap to look through.

#6153 47 days ago

One of the flipper button switches on the Little Chief I'm fixing up failed. The high current contacts on it crumbled. Of course this was 2 days after my PBR order just shipped. Does anyone have an extra one of these swtiches available? The Williams part number is SW-1A-70.

Thanks,

Alberto

#6154 47 days ago

Anyone know what voltage a 22-500 coil runs on? Common coil for the gun recoil on Twin Rifle and Twin Skeet Shoot. Looks to be the same physical size as the J-501 I need for the Davy Crockett games, just don't know if the 22-500 is a 100V coil as well....

#6155 47 days ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

Anyone know what voltage a 22-500 coil runs on? Common coil for the gun recoil on Twin Rifle and Twin Skeet Shoot. Looks to be the same physical size as the J-501 I need for the Davy Crockett games, just don't know if the 22-500 is a 100V coil as well....

Off the top of my head, I'm going to say 24-27 volt. I'm flipping through some EM manuals now to double check.

On Williams EM applications it is 24-27 volts.

This page might have information that you can use: https://www.pinballmedic.net/coilchart.html

There are some reset bank coils that are 110v if memory serves me right on my Bally's.

#6156 47 days ago

from my past experience, most recoil coils are 110v
do you have a schematic?

#6157 46 days ago
Quoted from boilerman:

from my past experience, most recoil coils are 110v
do you have a schematic?

I was looking at a Twin Rifle schematic but I don't see any voltage ratings on the lines just fuse amps. There is one bridge rec. in the schematic that shows 30vdc....

I think this problem might be solved though. I dropped off one of the J-501 coils to Andrew at APB and he messaged me this morning with a picture of a brand new coil. Hoping to pick that up in the next couple days and install it.

#6158 46 days ago

Seeking to identify and locate small Coil Plunger Stop for 1962 Chicago Coin Big Hit P&B. The closest parts book I have is 1969 and there the part number is 130-2516. Not sure if that is correct for 1962. The stop is 3/4" wide x 1" high x 1/2" deep. The screw holes are 3/8" between centers. Thanks for any help

Coil-1a (resized).jpgCoil-2 (resized).jpgCoil-3 (resized).jpg
#6159 46 days ago

If you cant find one you could weld that one.
You probably will not get much here but also try chicago coin thread.

#6160 46 days ago
Quoted from JimDinTN:

Seeking to identify and locate small Coil Plunger Stop for 1962 Chicago Coin Big Hit P&B. The closest parts book I have is 1969 and there the part number is 130-2516. Not sure if that is correct for 1962. The stop is 3/4" wide x 1" high x 1/2" deep. The screw holes are 3/8" between centers. Thanks for any help[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Try Williams EM parts for coil stop.

#6161 45 days ago

Missing Davy Crockett coil problem resolved! Andrew from APB was able to remake the coil. I just picked them up this afternoon, installed, and they fit and work perfectly! Love it!

If anyone else is in need of a J-501..... or many others, Andrew is the man.

Now to get the other 3 up and running.....

#6162 45 days ago
Quoted from Pin-up:

Missing Davy Crockett coil problem resolved! Andrew from APB was able to remake the coil. I just picked them up this afternoon, installed, and they fit and work perfectly! Love it!
If anyone else is in need of a J-501..... or many others, Andrew is the man.
Now to get the other 3 up and running.....

Andrew from APB went way beyond what i expected to make the recoil coil for my gun game. asset to pinball community.

#6163 43 days ago

I am looking for guts to this coin door from Gottlieb Swing Along 1963 .

E232D4F8-FD53-4A99-AE31-68E12C9C0BB4 (resized).jpeg
#6164 43 days ago

Looking for the game counter for my Willams Full House. 24v AC. I see some on eBay but thought I’d check here first.

#6165 43 days ago
Quoted from Idahojerry:

Looking for the game counter for my Willams Full House. 24v AC. I see some on eBay but thought I’d check here first.

I’ve got these two. I know the one on the left is williams but maybe too new. Don’t know where I got the other

Mike V

image (resized).jpg

#6166 43 days ago

Need one plastic for "Pro Pool"/"Hot Shot"/"Big Shot".
It's the long one on the right side which covers the right drop target bank. It's actually for a friend who melted his while trying to flatten it.
Send PM.

#6167 43 days ago

“I’ve got these two. I know the one on the left is williams but maybe too new. Don’t know where I got the other“

Looks like it would work for me. Pm me what you need for it. Thanks

#6168 43 days ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I am looking for guts to this coin door from Gottlieb Swing Along 1963 .[quoted image]

I can probably put a kit together. How many pins Jones plug do you have? A 3 slot would be 8?

you need the hardware for the coin return area as well?

#6169 43 days ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

I can probably put a kit together. How many pins Jones plug do you have? A 3 slot would be 8?
you need the hardware for the coin return area as well?

Someone contacted me that has a swing along parts cabinet that should be able to get the parts I need . But if that doesn’t work out I will contact you .
Thank you
Cheers
Doug

#6170 39 days ago

My 75 Gottlieb Gold Strike has been begging me for a new “ball launch arch?”. I hope that’s close to what it’s called. It should be the same as El Dorado and it’s other counterparts. If no replacements are out there, has anyone had luck trying to grind it back into shape? Thanks.

49D78D20-BFD0-4340-810E-B31A5A3E7F30 (resized).jpeg64C68678-7FA2-4B9C-8D5F-7AC38040EC3D (resized).jpeg8B59DA4A-B669-4A14-AFBB-12DC7C9FCD68 (resized).jpeg
#6171 39 days ago

I should have checked the old parts manual first-I think it’s #35 Top Arch Track.

06597410-3DAB-424E-8A8E-BEE499834DFB (resized).jpeg
#6172 39 days ago
Quoted from jasonspoint28:

My 75 Gottlieb Gold Strike has been begging me for a new “ball launch arch?”. I hope that’s close to what it’s called. It should be the same as El Dorado and it’s other counterparts. If no replacements are out there, has anyone had luck trying to grind it back into shape? Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have had good success with hammering it back flat on an anvil. The rolled edges will peen back into the curve alignment. They won't be perfect but I have found, mostly with sandpaper, you can clean the high spots into a smooth curve.

You could take a stone dremel grinding bit to it to smooth it out but I would recommend against that because if you cut too deep you can't get it back. Sanding it should get it smooth and continuous.

It will look like there is a small groove in the flat plate but for home use it will be fine. I have done this on several El Dorados that have come through my hands with no issues. I do this with the conventional arches also to smooth out the flaring.

#6173 39 days ago

Or just have a new one made at a metal laser cutting place.

#6174 39 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Or just have a new one made at a metal laser cutting place.

Is that something that you do?

Like to know more how it came out?

#6175 39 days ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

Is that something that you do?
Like to know more how it came out?

I had to have a Gottlieb HH game bottom playfield side walls modified...
The owner of the game payed for the laser cutting company to do the cuts...
I was doing two HHs at the time... so one part was the reference, and
the other was the one that got all the cuts. The owner really wanted
the cobweb plastic assembly added to his sample game; which had non.
You can also use a water jet cutting company...

#6176 39 days ago

I’ll see what sort of magic I can work with the original. Thanks for the info everybody.

#6177 39 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

You can also use a water jet cutting company...

+1 - we use a local waterjet cutting company all the time @ work to replicate parts. Cheap & great results.

Portland waterjet - https://www.portlandwaterjet.com/

Good dudes!

#6178 38 days ago

A buddy of mine is going to get 2 sets of SweetHeart paint stencils cut out of galvanized steel using waterjet. Cant wait to try painting like they used to at the factory.

#6179 38 days ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

A buddy of mine is going to get 2 sets of SweetHeart paint stencils cut out of galvanized steel using waterjet. Cant wait to try painting like they used to at the factory.

That sounds expensive. How would you use a metal stencil?

#6180 38 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Like any other stencil, lay it out, register it with the corners. The tricky bit is the head face with the floating exclamation mark, there we will have to manually spot it or use some sort of template.

#6181 38 days ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

The tricky bit is the head face with the floating exclamation mark

I saw a picture of a metal stencil, which had metal "cabinetry type handles" ( horseshoe shaped )
welded to the floating parts of the stencil.

#6182 38 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I adopt the same principle jr but use mdf mainly to accomplish the original 'bleed'. This is a set I recently made for a Bally Aladdin's Castle.

canoin23032020 008 (resized).JPG

#6183 36 days ago

Hi folks,
I'm trying to bring back to life a gorgeous Rainbow by Gottlieb (1956). Sadly 100.000 and 10.000 steppers units have been removed from it. So i'm seraching for some replacement parts or equivalent. Here is a pic of what they look like:

Best regards,

image-15 (resized).jpg
#6184 36 days ago
Quoted from mikebrandt:

Hi folks,
I'm trying to bring back to life a gorgeous Rainbow by Gottlieb (1956). Sadly 100.000 and 10.000 steppers units have been removed from it. So i'm seraching for some replacement parts or equivalent. Here is a pic of what they look like:
Best regards,[quoted image]

You've got a task in front of you. The discs, wipers and gears are game specific and not all will work for you (but different games do share them).
the 10,000 unit uses a A-4282 gear and shaft, C-4062 disc and a C-4063 Wiper
your 100,000 unit uses a A-5383 gear, C-3252 disc and a C-3252 wiper (which doesn't make sense to me that they would have the same part number, but that's what the 62' parts catalog says).
I'd send an e-mail over to Steve and Jimmy @ Pinball resource, stating you're building the 2 steppers, give them the part number AND description to see if they have them in stock. Sometimes they really surprise me. I recently did the same as you're doing to a Flipper Cowboy and all was in stock. They also have used parts to pick from they can offer if no new. You might want to ask them for rebuild kits for them which will give you all new and correct springs.
If you can find those discs and wipers, the rest is easy, I'll have to look to see what I have, if not, someone else will have them or you can find a lot of them on E-Bay too.

Good luck!!
Walt

#6185 36 days ago

You might also ask if someone here has a rainbow and would be kind enough to post pics of the other side to see the mechanical side to see the lever arms are used too.

#6186 36 days ago

If all else fails, you might have to make the game digital.

#6187 36 days ago
Quoted from mikebrandt:

Hi folks,
Best regards,[quoted image]

i have parts that should be close, from a 53 pin wheel.. what is your location?

pic for reference

20151104_185736 (resized).jpg
#6188 36 days ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i have parts that should be close, from a 53 pin wheel.. what is your location?
pic for reference[quoted image]

Amazing Dave. now if you could get Steve at pbr to compare to the eng drawings and make mods, you'd be in business.

#6189 35 days ago

Wow,
thanks for all your responses, it warms my heart to see so passionate people here

I'll send a mail to Steeve from PBR thanks to Waltrr + Somebody from Maryland sent me a PM, he may have all what i need.

Luckily i already got the schematics for Rainbow. Feel free to ask if you wanna take a look at them.

Best regards

#6190 35 days ago

I know it is a long shot: But looking for complete plastic set for Gottlieb Egghead, and bottom two in lane plastics for Williams Paddock.

#6191 35 days ago
Quoted from DCRand:

I know it is a long shot: But looking for complete plastic set for Gottlieb Egghead, and bottom two in lane plastics for Williams Paddock.

http://www.pinballrescue.net/Plastics_Egg_Head.html

#6192 35 days ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Lee @ Pinball Rescue has the Egg Head plastic sets, link below, but you'll have to wait until they reopen from the virus shut down. They stopped shipping a little over a week ago. Yes they are in Australia, but shipping is fast and very reasonable and their quality is fantastic. I placed an order 1 day after shut down, I can wait too.

#6194 35 days ago
Quoted from waltrr:

Lee @ Pinball Rescue has the Egg Head plastic sets, link below, but you'll have to wait until they reopen from the virus shut down. They stopped shipping a little over a week ago. Yes they are in Australia, but shipping is fast and very reasonable and their quality is fantastic. I placed an order 1 day after shut down, I can wait too.

They also make coin door and apron decals.

#6195 35 days ago

Looking for the lockbar end caps for a 1966 Chicago Coin Kicker pinball. The ones on mine are worn all the way through!

I have this cross-posted to the Chicago Coin thread also.

Found a post where someone had 3D printed these but that was from 3 years ago.

Thanks,

Alberto
517896A5-1CF9-4818-8AC3-DF5436E993E2 (resized).jpegB99100E3-330C-4E2C-B81C-ABABA5FD62BB (resized).jpeg

#6196 35 days ago

Thanks for the Egg Head ideas, found a set from a response to this post in the trade your plastics thread. Now on to finding those bottom two Paddock plastics. Really don't want to have to make them, if I can.

#6197 35 days ago

Looking for a Joker (only) for a Joker Poker drop target. Bought one a few years ago and it snapped off today. Urrgh.....

#6198 35 days ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

Looking for a Joker (only) for a Joker Poker. Bought one a few years ago and it snapped off today. Urrgh.....

I just sent you a message.

#6199 34 days ago
Quoted from hazmat7719:

I just sent you a message.

Thanks. Please let me know if/when you get a chance to look. I clarified my post that I am looking for a drop target, not a plastic.

#6200 34 days ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

Looking for a Joker (only) for a Joker Poker drop target. Bought one a few years ago and it snapped off today. Urrgh.....

if the others fall through, i am almost positive i have a good used one in my stash

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Apopka, FL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
There are 6397 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 128.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside