Topic Stats

• 5,696 posts
  • 536 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Pinaddict91
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,709 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6044 (resized).jpg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpg
100_4074 (resized).JPG
100_4073 (resized).JPG
100_4072 (resized).JPG
IMG_4384 (resized).jpg
IMG_0843 (resized).jpg
canon24102019 010 (resized).JPG
canon29102019 003 (resized).JPG
canon29102019 002 (resized).JPG
canon29102019 001 (resized).JPG
canon29102019 004 (resized).JPG
5100E4F3-D4E4-4109-8C73-6BD6F15EC19B.jpeg
868078BB-B261-4A9B-8253-1D8349867791.jpeg
Ball Lift (resized).jpg
71F71F24-5983-48D1-A0AF-B8D6D4156B46 (resized).jpeg

There are 5696 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 114.
#5601 31 days ago

I'm looking for a Williams chime unit for a 1972 super star. Not sure if they used the same unit in other machines. Hoping to find an old one even if it needs some work. Thanks!

#5602 31 days ago

I’m looking for a pair of 2-sided yellow lane guides, 2 1/8” spacing, for a 1959 Williams Tic-tac-Toe. I could do new ones from PBR but the yellow in the picture looks a lot different from the vintage ones. I also need 4 short ,smooth sided, yellow posts. I’ve got white ones that came with the game, but those marbled ones would make it complete

Thanks for reading.

Dave

#5603 31 days ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Who do you use??

Al's Plating, Ft Worth TX, small little shop

#5604 28 days ago

Snype,
can yoi post a picture of what you are looking for. Is it the kind that has the rod thru a couple of tabs across the chime bars?
I may have what you are looking for. I also have a couple of sets that have un know letters and numbers, those might be from Sonic games. I also have another I believe is from a Bally.
I have replaced the chimes in a couple of games here and there, put Gottliebs in other makes, including the 2 Ballys I have.

#5605 28 days ago

Does anyone know which bulb sleeves are in a Gottlieb Flying Carpet? Mine are all faded and broken. Are these supposed to be covering the bulbs behind all the standup targets? I assume that they are the yellow ones listed on Pinball Resource (GTB-24410T+ Yellow)?
http://www.pbresource.com/lampcov.html

Also, does anyone have the rubber-ring list for this machine?

#5606 28 days ago

Not pinball related, but EM. Im in need of a replacement transformer (MT-22) for my Midway Wild Kingdom

#5607 28 days ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Does anyone know which bulb sleeves are in a Gottlieb Flying Carpet? Mine are all faded and broken. Are these supposed to be covering the bulbs behind

all
the standup targets? I assume that they are the yellow ones listed on Pinball Resource (GTB-24410T+ Yellow)?
http://www.pbresource.com/lampcov.html
Also, does anyone have the rubber-ring list for this machine?

The Steve at PBR has the answers to your questions. Use the Steve

#5608 28 days ago

Here are the pics of the chime I'm looking for. Mine is supposed to be the three tone one.

Thanks!
index (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg

#5609 28 days ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

The Steve at PBR has the answers to your questions. Use the Steve

I'm afraid. No, really.

#5610 28 days ago

i need an actuating arm for a Gottlieb "bank relay". Part # A-4426. PBR is out of them. Thanks

0 (resized).png
#5611 27 days ago
Quoted from jkroeck25:

i need an actuating arm for a Gottlieb "bank relay". Part # A-4426. PBR is out of them. Thanks[quoted image]

i have one, send me a pm. althou im traveling untill friday

#5612 27 days ago

I believe I have that chime unit.
Differences are that the coil numbers are different, these are A2-26 1300, I think its from a Sonic with those coil numbers
instead of any grommets it has small bands under each bar AND the bars are arranged in the opposite order. Figure whoever put those little bands underneath put the bars back on in reverse order.
Id say its either made by someone for sonic or made for Williams and sent to Sonic. Sure looks like the same unit to me.
Let me know my friend.
Weeze
weeze with great nephew.

010 (resized).jpg
#5613 27 days ago

Looking for used replacement pop cap for 1952 Williams Twenty Grand. Would rather not order a new - non marbleized cap. Sure there are lots of these laying around. Well at least hoping there is one. And since asking for nice things from the Pinball gods, also need to replace the plastics. But assuming will have to scan and make my own.
2019-10-22 06.33.29 (resized).jpg

#5614 27 days ago

I am looking for middle and long Gottlieb tone bars for a Gottlieb chime unit.

http://pbresource.com/signatur/kt-gchime-01.jpg

Must be original and in good condition. I am trying to correct this!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-chime-bar-tone#post-5268361

#5615 27 days ago

Well I wanted to adjust the Add Balls Played stepper and this bit of brass broke - anyone got one to hand, would hate to have to buy a complete unit on ebay just for this bit..

Capture (resized).JPG

#5616 27 days ago

I’ve got this one you can have for the price of postage

Mike V

B111669C-F26B-437F-880C-4C09CBE4587F (resized).jpeg
#5617 27 days ago

PM sent. Thanks!

#5618 27 days ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Looking for used replacement pop cap for 1952 Williams Twenty Grand. Would rather not order a new - non marbleized cap.

If you can't find an original, you can repair yours by squaring off the broken part along the straight lines of the triangles, then splicing in a matching piece from a reproduction part like this:
Final Fit 5079 (resized).jpg
It takes a little work but would be much less noticeable than a reproduction part.

/Mark

#5619 27 days ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Looking for used replacement pop cap for 1952 Williams Twenty Grand.

DCRand,

I have a spare one but it is stamped, “1 POINT WHEN LIT,” although the ink is long gone (see photo). PM me if interested.

FEEDC344-46DA-4AD5-A585-937A817B782D (resized).jpeg
#5620 27 days ago
Quoted from MarkG:

squaring off the broken part along the straight lines of the triangles, then splicing in a matching piece from a reproduction part like this:

MarkG,

Where is the splice? Impressive repair!

#5621 26 days ago
Quoted from MarkG:

If you can't find an original, you can repair yours by squaring off the broken part

Thanks looks great. Be a good last resort.

#5622 26 days ago
Quoted from tfduda:

MarkG,
Where is the splice? Impressive repair!

Here are some of the steps. I wrote it up in Gameroom magazine ages ago I think.

Repair sequence (resized).jpg
#5623 26 days ago
Quoted from tfduda:

DCRand,
I have a spare one but it is stamped, “1 POINT WHEN LIT,” although the ink is long gone (see photo). PM me if interested.[quoted image]

Thanks, have one other possibility, but will be a few days before know if available. Will get back to you if it doesn’t work out. Thanks.

#5624 26 days ago
Quoted from 4Max:

Well I wanted to adjust the Add Balls Played stepper and this bit of brass broke - anyone got one to hand, would hate to have to buy a complete unit on ebay just for this bit..
[quoted image]

Pinball Resource has them.

#5625 24 days ago

Conscious this is a long shot but I am currently restoring a Bally 1938 Lite-A-Pax.

lap1 (resized).jpg

The rubber cup (1in dia) within the damper which controls the cig pack light flickering is badly worn making operation of the damper problematic. I have tried a near equivalent size car wheel cylinder cup but it seem slightly oversized and binds within the damper.

canon24102019 007 (resized).JPG

canon24102019 008 (resized).JPG

Anyone by any chance have a spare rubber 1in cup?? Thanks.

#5626 23 days ago

If it’s oversized, can you grid it down a hair?

#5627 23 days ago
Quoted from mark532011:

If it’s oversized, can you grid it down a hair?

I am unaware of any process which would shave rubber with a tolerance to provide a perfect vacuum seal.

#5628 23 days ago

Hello all,

I'm working on an #aztec as a gift for my father and the plastics on it are pretty rough. The good people @ Pinball Rescue will do a run of Aztec plastics if we can get at least 10 buyers arranged. I've used their plastics before and have been very satisfied with the pricing and quality. So, if you would like to get a plastics set, please comment on my thread and send me a message so we can get this started. Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aztec-plastic-set-looking-for-a-group-to-get-a-run-made

#5629 23 days ago

Im looking for three 4” Williams score reel drums if anyone has any. The ones I have are pretty eaten up. Thanks.
71F71F24-5983-48D1-A0AF-B8D6D4156B46 (resized).jpeg

#5630 23 days ago

#5631 23 days ago

Looking for a Ball Lift Rod for my 1949 Gottlieb Double-Shuffle (woodrail).

Example:
Ball Lift (resized).jpg

Any leads would be appreciated!

#5632 22 days ago

Steve Youngs "The Pinball Resource" should have those, plus just about anything else Gottlieb related.

#5633 22 days ago

Murphdom,
I have a Williams single player "Lucky Ace" that I have started to part out. Looks like the same score reels. the ones on this game have 30-B-7295-1 on them.
The whole 4 score reel unit with one "dummie" reel are there. I could remove the entire thing if you are interested. I think all reels are in good shape altho I wont be able to say for sure until I remove the unit.
If interested send me a PM.
Thanks
Weeze

#5634 22 days ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Looking for a Ball Lift Rod for my 1949 Gottlieb Double-Shuffle (woodrail).
Example:
[quoted image]
Any leads would be appreciated!

I probably have one available, with a metal knob. I don't think that PBR carries this item. I remember having difficulty locating Gottlieb ball lift rods 10 years ago.

#5635 22 days ago
Quoted from weeze:

Murphdom,
I have a Williams single player "Lucky Ace" that I have started to part out. Looks like the same score reels. the ones on this game have 30-B-7295-1 on them.
The whole 4 score reel unit with one "dummie" reel are there. I could remove the entire thing if you are interested. I think all reels are in good shape altho I wont be able to say for sure until I remove the unit.
If interested send me a PM.
Thanks
Weeze

From what I can tell you may have three inch reels and I need four inch but I could be mistaken. I did a quick parts check on the planetary pinballs manuals and at least that’s what I found. Thanks for the offer.

#5636 22 days ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Im looking for three 4” Williams score reel drums if anyone has any. The ones I have are pretty eaten up. Thanks.
[quoted image]

What game is this for? I have a few spare parts.....what you know about and other stuff...

#5637 21 days ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

What game is this for? I have a few spare parts.....what you know about and other stuff...

It’s for a Williams Beat the Clock.

#5638 21 days ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

[quoted image]

I’m 99% sure I have some. I’ll look and post a pic when I get home this evening.

#5639 21 days ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

It’s for a Williams Beat the Clock.

That is a good game... 1st multi-ball type game from the 60's I got to fix many years ago...
At that time, I thought only games in the 70's were multi-ball.

#5640 21 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

That is a good game... 1st multi-ball type game from the 60's I got to fix many years ago...
At that time, I thought only games in the 70's were multi-ball.

I have a fair amount of work ahead of me but it will be worth it. It has a unique rule set for its time. I really enjoy the 60’s games and I think a lot of the artwork pre 70’s games is superior. Who knows how many survivors there are.

#5641 21 days ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

[quoted image]

Correct part number. I have 3+. All of them are good shape just a little dusty . Do you need anything else from the score real assemblies?
868078BB-B261-4A9B-8253-1D8349867791.jpeg5100E4F3-D4E4-4109-8C73-6BD6F15EC19B.jpeg

#5642 20 days ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

Correct part number. I have 3+. All of them are good shape just a little dusty . Do you need anything else from the score real assemblies?
[quoted image][quoted image]

PM sent

#5643 20 days ago
Quoted from wayner:

Conscious this is a long shot but I am currently restoring a Bally 1938 Lite-A-Pax.
[quoted image]
The rubber cup (1in dia) within the damper which controls the cig pack light flickering is badly worn making operation of the damper problematic. I have tried a near equivalent size car wheel cylinder cup but it seem slightly oversized and binds within the damper.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Anyone by any chance have a spare rubber 1in cup?? Thanks.

No success in procuring a replacement damper cup and seemingly part is unavailable for this 1938 machine. But I had a closer look at the existing damper cup and from close observation of the underside it is leather not rubber (not easy to discern without close examination).

I did a Google search on leather forming, broke out a leather piece on hand and a couple pieces of pipe reflecting the intended internal and external dimensions needed.

canon29102019 004 (resized).JPG

I soaked the leather in cold water for around 20 mins and when the bubbles stopped appearing removed it from the water and placed over the smaller pipe and forced the larger pipe over the top to create a mould. It was left overnight to form and dry out the leather.

canon29102019 001 (resized).JPG

Removed the outer pipe next morning to reveal the formed cup.

canon29102019 002 (resized).JPG

The formed cup was trimmed and installed to damper arm.

canon29102019 003 (resized).JPG

Very pleased to say the cup works fine and gives good adjustment from no vacuum to full vacuum preventing any arm movement. Re-installed in machine and fine tuned adjustment to enable the wiper to appropriately wave over the rivets which control the flickering of lights behind the cigarette packets.

#5644 20 days ago

Awesome job, got to hand it to you for ingenuity, "where there's a will, there's a way," as the saying goes and you've certainly proved it's authenticity!

#5645 20 days ago

That is awesome

#5646 19 days ago

I'm looking for a turret cover for my 1958 Bally Super (same as All Star or All Star Deluxe) bowler. I know someone made repros of these and a new mold a few years ago - does anyone have one?

IMG_0843 (resized).jpg
#5647 19 days ago
Quoted from homegameroom:

I'm looking for a turret cover for my 1958 Bally Super (same as All Star or All Star Deluxe) bowler. I know someone made repros of these and a new mold a few years ago - does anyone have one?[quoted image]

I bought a repro just in case mine ever breaks. I think the guy that made them is from the UK. I will dig through emails to see if I still have his contact info. They were pretty expensive.

#5648 19 days ago

I would greatly appreciate that! They are otherwise unobtanium, so....... Thank you!

#5649 19 days ago
Quoted from wayner:

No success in procuring a replacement damper cup

I love shit like that.
What a great idea and the finished product is fabulous.

#5650 15 days ago

Hi all, anyone have the plastic inner channel that the play field glass slides into. Need a right hand one for a Gottlieb 1965 Hi Dolly. Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Finleyville, PA
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
1,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Weedsport, NY
There are 5696 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 114.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside