Topic Stats

• 5,702 posts
  • 536 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by tscottn
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,712 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images (resized).jpg
84c1e5a4eceb7b0ccd72b1b58ac0a3ff8935c864[1] (resized).png
20191119_191313_resized (resized).jpg
IMG_6044 (resized).jpg
IMG_6045 (resized).jpg
100_4074 (resized).JPG
100_4073 (resized).JPG
100_4072 (resized).JPG
IMG_4384 (resized).jpg
IMG_0843 (resized).jpg
canon24102019 010 (resized).JPG
canon29102019 003 (resized).JPG
canon29102019 002 (resized).JPG
canon29102019 001 (resized).JPG
canon29102019 004 (resized).JPG
5100E4F3-D4E4-4109-8C73-6BD6F15EC19B.jpeg

There are 5702 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 115.
#5551 47 days ago

I have a lockdown bar off a Williams (1970 Williams Rock n Roll) I'd be more than happy to send out if it will suffice.

#5552 47 days ago
Quoted from weeze:

Pinhead,
I've got a couple of "tab" lockdown bars that are fairly wide, front to back. I marked them as coming off Williams games. They do you any good?
Matter of fact I just stripped a "GAY 90s" Williams pin, got lots of stuff, swinging target, lane kick back, both slings, couple pops, even a in/out lane gate If anyone needs any old Williams stuff.

Hey Weeze,

I am in search of a slingshot arm mechanism like this one pictured. Any chance the Arm from Gay 90's is the same? This arm is out of a 1977 Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy. It would make my day to find one of these! Thanks
IMG_3320 (resized).JPG

#5553 47 days ago

Pin- Pilot,
the lower one in the picture, that has a piece broken off it right?
If so I have a piece that is a match EXCEPT for the black pin that's headed north in the picture is NOT PRESENT. I do not know if itll work. Remember the GAY 90s is a WILLIAMS game, the Captain is a BALLY> I can say this, they are the same through out the entire game, kickers, slings and they are obviously made all in the same place, , its just that the WILLIAMS doesn't have the pin that is present in the center of both pictures. Go figger?
Sorry , don't know of any way you could 'ADD" the pin but you are welcome to these if you think they may be altered to fit.

#5554 47 days ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

they look like all williams. too bad the jerk didnt give us a better profile shot of the tab in most of the pictures.

They are mostly Williams with a couple of Bally also.

There is a Gottlieb shark fin bar in the background of his auction for a Bally bar. But his prices are stupid high. The Bally and Williams bars bring $30 usually. Maybe he will sell the Gottlieb bar for a fair price.
ebay.com link » Unknown Pinball Lockdown Bar Bally Williams Gottlieb Stern Em Ss A5

#5555 47 days ago
Quoted from weeze:

Pin- Pilot,
the lower one in the picture, that has a piece broken off it right?
If so I have a piece that is a match EXCEPT for the black pin that's headed north in the picture is NOT PRESENT. I do not know if itll work. Remember the GAY 90s is a WILLIAMS game, the Captain is a BALLY> I can say this, they are the same through out the entire game, kickers, slings and they are obviously made all in the same place, , its just that the WILLIAMS doesn't have the pin that is present in the center of both pictures. Go figger?
Sorry , don't know of any way you could 'ADD" the pin but you are welcome to these if you think they may be altered to fit.

That is the problem I am running into. There seems to be a lot of the arms without the black pin. The pin activates the score switch for the kicker. I have one without the pin as well. It will not be difficult to add the pin, I just would rather find an original with the pin.

Thanks for checking.

#5556 47 days ago

is the part you need off of the "HOME" version of the Cap't Fantastic?
I'm just thinking out loud here, now I'm not visualizing what that pin activates, it prolly opens or closes a switch. If you have that broken one as a template, could a machine shop drill the one I have, hell the whole game uses them so there are a bunch here in the the old stash box, drill it and then add a threaded bolt or something of that manner? I mean, with all the stuff [people do in the quest to keep English sports cars and old ass pinball machines running, seems like there ought to be a way.

#5557 47 days ago

Yes, the pin activates a switch leaf that scores for the kicker activation. It is possible to thread a pin in there and make it work. I am trying to take the easy road and find an original part. I have one with the pin in the right location however it has a wide "Plastic" head for the kicker and it will not fit through the playfield slot. I am gonna keep my eye out but looks like I will be doing some fabricating to get this part working.

#5558 46 days ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Yes, the pin activates a switch leaf that scores for the kicker activation. It is possible to thread a pin in there and make it work. I am trying to take the easy road and find an original part. I have one with the pin in the right location however it has a wide "Plastic" head for the kicker and it will not fit through the playfield slot. I am gonna keep my eye out but looks like I will be doing some fabricating to get this part working.

Ebay has one right know... $11.89 ebay.com link » Slingshot Kicker Arm Bally Em Pinball Machines

#5559 46 days ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Ebay has one right know... $11.89 ebay.com link » Slingshot Kicker Arm Bally Em Pinball Machines

PERFECT! Thanks for the link. <Purchased> EXACTLY what I have needed. Last part for my Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy ! Thanks Again!!!

I forget to search eBay.

#5560 45 days ago

glad you found what was needed!

#5561 44 days ago

Anyone have spare exhibit parts laying about? I recently acquired a Morocco and the compression bumpers seem to be missing parts. I'm sure I need other stuff too, but the bumpers seem to be the critical missing piece.

Thanks.

#5562 44 days ago
Quoted from digdug2084:

Anyone have spare exhibit parts laying about? I recently acquired a Morocco and the compression bumpers seem to be missing parts. I'm sure I need other stuff too, but the bumpers seem to be the critical missing piece.
Thanks.

I have a semi populated Jeanie

20190820_101114 (resized).jpg
#5563 44 days ago

Hi,
There’s a metal tray that a back box door slides down into. What’s that called? Anyone have one for a Bally Captain Fantastic?
Dwayne

#5564 44 days ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

Hi,
There’s a metal tray that a back box door slides down into. What’s that called? Anyone have one for a Bally Captain Fantastic?
Dwayne

Back Panel Channel. That part could cone from many EM Pins as well Not Just Capt Fantastic.

#5565 44 days ago

As an alternative you can pick up a piece of channel from the Hardware store like this one.

IMG_3334 (resized).JPGIMG_3335 (resized).JPG
#5566 44 days ago

That should work. Thanks

#5567 44 days ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

Hi,
Dwayne

Pinball Resource sells them too. He can cut to length a custom size for you.

#5568 44 days ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I have a semi populated Jeanie

Thanks, but right now my concern are the compression bumpers. It appears that the game was "restored" before I got it and the person had modified the top part and added a cheap poker chip as decoration. Also the skirts are eaten up. I'm expecting I'll have to make new ones, but I've never seen one with a contact embeded on the edge like this.

1 (resized).jpg20191009_090141 (resized).jpg
#5569 43 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

Is it pure silver???? $100.00 is a little over the top eh, guess rust makes it more valuable.

And this, guys is why I junked all my EM parts earlier this year. You all complain you've been looking for something for forever and when it finally pops out of the woodwork, you piss and moan about the price. You guys aren't my customers for sure. You'd want to put me in prison if you saw what all I junked. In fact, just last week, I junked every backbox unit out of a gtb preview rather than put up with the nonsense I see here. I trolled this thread for years with caboodles of parts and hardly sold a piece. Too bad, so sad.

Not everyone is retired.

#5570 43 days ago
Quoted from SadSack:

And this, guys is why I junked all my EM parts earlier this year. You all complain you've been looking for something for forever and when it finally pops out of the woodwork, you piss and moan about the price. You guys aren't my customers for sure. You'd want to put me in prison if you saw what all I junked. In fact, just last week, I junked every backbox unit out of a gtb preview rather than put up with the nonsense I see here. I trolled this thread for years with caboodles of parts and hardly sold a piece. Too bad, so sad.

Not everyone is retired.

That's OK.

SS guys are my customers too. Parting out System 1 games and making money.

Turn around is fair play.

#5571 43 days ago
Quoted from SadSack:

And this, guys is why I junked all my EM parts earlier this year.

Sorry if you were offended by my comment, it was not my intent; however, I feel I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are yours. You feel it is a fair price, fine with me, I hope you get it but, my thoughts will not change.

#5572 42 days ago

Hi all,

I'm restoring a 1965 Gottlieb Hi-Dolly that has lots of bits removed. Already had to overpay on ebay for a score reel

Next in the back box - the mount, coil, plunger are missing from the bell assembly. I think I have a coil and maybe a plunger, but anyone by chance got the brass bit the coil sits in that attaches to the brass bit I do have?

What I have:
thumbnail_IMG_8244 (resized).jpg

What it should look like:
thumbnail_IMG_8241 (resized).jpg

thanks folks!

#5573 42 days ago
Quoted from 4Max:

Hi all,
I'm restoring a 1965 Gottlieb Hi-Dolly that has lots of bits removed. Already had to overpay on ebay for a score reel
Next in the back box - the mount, coil, plunger are missing from the bell assembly. I think I have a coil and maybe a plunger, but anyone by chance got the brass bit the coil sits in that attaches to the brass bit I do have?
What I have:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
thanks folks!

You can buy a repro from Pinball Resource.

#5574 42 days ago
Quoted from 4Max:

Hi all,
What I have:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
thanks folks!

i should have those mounts, you'll need a coil and plunger. pm me

#5575 42 days ago
Quoted from 4Max:

Hi all,
What I have:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
thanks folks!

There is one on eBay. Been up there for months. I get a bunch of odd parts there still.

#5576 42 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

Sorry if you were offended by my comment, it was not my intent; however, I feel I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you are yours. You feel it is a fair price, fine with me, I hope you get it but, my thoughts will not change.

No offense taken at all. I, too, respect your opinion. I also think many who collect EM's share it. Hence (as the douchebags say), my response.

It's all good! If packing and shipping this stuff wasn't such a pain, I'd give it all away. I know not a single guy in my area who is into them or can fix them besides me.

#5577 41 days ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'd give it all away.

I have given away parts over the years and paid thru the nose to buy parts.
I have also had parts sent to me free of charge.
I am always grateful when I get something cheap.
If I pay too much, it must be something I really need.
In the end I like to think it all evens out.
Either way, its a hobby.
When that stupid nothing that I paid too much for shows up, I am still happy I have it!

#5578 41 days ago
Quoted from PinballAir:

I have given away parts over the years and paid thru the nose to buy parts.
I have also had parts sent to me free of charge.

Same here. I just had to part out an EM, and put everything up here. People took a lot, and a lot was left over. I don't really care - I feel better knowin' I helped get another machine up and running.

#5579 41 days ago

I have the guts to a Gottlieb falstaf? (stuff from the head and the big relay board in the bottom). I don't know if there's anything of use to anyone in it for salvaging. Might keep the score reels for trophies but I'm moving and want to get rid of it.

#5580 41 days ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

I have the guts to a Gottlieb falstaf? (stuff from the head and the big relay board in the bottom). I don't know if there's anything of use to anyone in it for salvaging. Might keep the score reels for trophies but I'm moving and want to get rid of it.

I have a semi populated falstaf playfield to go with it

#5581 40 days ago

Does anybody make or sell metal back doors for Williams single player EM from the 60s. Specifically looking for a metal door for Teacher's Pet. Normally I would make one out of plywood, but the Williams games are really tight and you would have to really push against the harnesses because of the extra thickness in the wood versus metal.

#5582 40 days ago

what size door you need for that williams, I have one from a "lucky Ace" I think its from
25 and 5/16 tall, 21 and 11/16 wide.
shippin g would kinda suck, I suppose I could put it in one of the "mirror boxs" I got from North AMerican Van Lines to ship backglasses in when I moved. Big BOX!
BUT, when you coming by Port Charlotte , North Port area? I live right on the Sarasota, Charlotte county line. I have no idea wat the price should be so if anyone knows what its worth speak up or forever hold your beer.
Let me Know!.......Come on BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!

P1170275 (resized).JPG
#5583 39 days ago
Quoted from weeze:

what size door you need for that williams, I have one from a "lucky Ace" I think its from
25 and 5/16 tall, 21 and 11/16 wide.
shippin g would kinda suck, I suppose I could put it in one of the "mirror boxs" I got from North AMerican Van Lines to ship backglasses in when I moved. Big BOX!
BUT, when you coming by Port Charlotte , North Port area? I live right on the Sarasota, Charlotte county line. I have no idea wat the price should be so if anyone knows what its worth speak up or forever hold your beer.
Let me Know!.......Come on BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!![quoted image]

I think that is the one I need! We know a lot of the same Florida pinball people, I will send an IM and we can figure out a way to get it.

#5584 39 days ago

Looking for a Williams 1954 Skyway original Schematics. I bought a copy at pb but I prefer an original.

DSCN2169 (resized).JPG
#5585 38 days ago

I’m looking for Williams lockdown bar end caps. The ones I have now I’m pretty sure are beyond repair

FDA38128-E9BC-42E3-AF96-F9D1CED3DBDC (resized).jpeg
#5586 38 days ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I’m looking for Williams lockdown bar end caps. The ones I have now I’m pretty sure are beyond repair[quoted image]

For a Williams game of that era that's a decent end cap. Much better than none or many out there that are much more worn.

If you want shiny chrome again, I have seen that platers can apply a new finish to existing caps. You have to remove the cap from the lock bar itself and then reattach once the chromed end cap is returned.

#5587 38 days ago
Quoted from MikeO:

For a Williams game of that era that's a decent end cap. Much better than none or many out there that are much more worn.
If you want shiny chrome again, I have seen that platers can apply a new finish to existing caps. You have to remove the cap from the lock bar itself and then reattach once the chromed end cap is returned.

Thanks. I know that PBR makes them for Gottlieb because I have purchased a set but I don’t think he makes them for Williams

#5588 38 days ago

Im looking for a missing spring for the plunger that moves inside the coil. It is where the balls collect in a manual loading ball trough. The coil opens and closes a small gate and without the spring there isn’t any tension to do so and it stays open giving an endless amount of balls. Also, is there a pin in that hole that can be removed so I can put it on?
There are a ton of springs on Marco’s site I’m just not sure which one I need. I’m assuming a flipper compression spring would work?

Man this machine I’m working on is dirty. I think someone sprayed most of the machine with lubricant. I have a long road ahead of me.
CB5406D4-102A-424E-B7FA-CBC29DC099DB (resized).jpeg

A968E1F3-818B-4966-985E-8BC475E05B28 (resized).jpeg
#5589 37 days ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I’m looking for Williams lockdown bar end caps. The ones I have now I’m pretty sure are beyond repair[quoted image]

my plater does theses for $10 and end cap. pm me if you want them done

#5590 37 days ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Im looking for a missing spring for the plunger that moves inside the coil. It is where the balls collect in a manual loading ball trough. The coil opens and closes a small gate and without the spring there isn’t any tension to do so and it stays open giving an endless amount of balls. Also, is there a pin in that hole that can be removed so I can put it on?
There are a ton of springs on Marco’s site I’m just not sure which one I need. I’m assuming a flipper compression spring would work?
Man this machine I’m working on is dirty. I think someone sprayed most of the machine with lubricant. I have a long road ahead of me.
[quoted image][quoted image]

if this is bally ive probably got it

#5591 37 days ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

[quoted image][quoted image]

If you look to the right of the yellow oval you drew, below the retainer clip and washer, you can see part of the original spring. It is not a coil and is very light duty. Clean up the assembly and the thing should almost work without one. I've had that same spring broken and never noticed. The weight of the gate is sometimes enough to make it drop.

I suppose a light duty coil compression spring would work OK and there is no pin you would need to remove to install it.

Original part# is 10A-134.

https://www.flippers.com/catalog/product_info.php/spring-p-4767

DSCN6479 (resized).JPG

#5592 37 days ago

Thanks

#5593 37 days ago

Yep. I just looked at a couple of my games and at least one of them that spring was off on one end and it's still been working fine. I see it as more of an insurance policy they put on there to make sure the gate would close.

I think I had one stubborn game where it did however make a difference.

And on this one, where there's a will I guess there is a way.

DSCN6478 (resized).JPG

#5594 37 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yep. I just looked at a couple of my games and at least one of them that spring was off on one end and it's still been working fine. I see it as more of an insurance policy they put on there to make sure the gate would close.
I think I had one stubborn game where it did however make a difference.

So Williams doesn’t use a tension spring on the plunger like Gottlieb does. Good to know.

#5595 37 days ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

So Williams doesn’t use a tension spring on the plunger like Gottlieb does. Good to know.

Depends on the plunger. I'm not seeing a compression spring on the gate of my Gottlieb, but it is from 1955 so if it was there, it is long gone now. Still works without one and it has to actuate switches.

#5596 37 days ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Often missing but it was originally part of the assembly. (clip and washer removed for clarity) Part number 10A-134 as previously mentioned.

20191015_215904 (resized).jpg

#5597 37 days ago

Thanks everyone. I have no idea what they used for grease but it’s really thick and there seems to be a lot added to every moving part. It’s probably just seriously gummed up. It’s not the normal build up you usually see. I’ll take everything apart later on today maybe and see what happens. The coil wants to move it. Whoever had it before tried to do the right thing I guess

#5598 37 days ago

I'm in need of a couple of the Bally coin escutcheons that affix to the lock bar on early 60's game. I need one .25, and one .10. These were used on the lock bar of the following games:

Bongo (1963)
Moon Shot (1963)
Cue Tease (1963)
Cross Country (1963)
Three-in-Line (1963)
Hootenanny (1963)
Star Jet (1963)
Monte Carlo (1964)
Big Day (1964)
Sky Divers (1964)
Mad World (1964)
Grand Tour (1964)
Happy Tour (1964)
Bull Fight (1965)
Bus Stop (1964)
Sheba (1965)
Magic Circle (1965)
50/50 (1965)
Aces High (1965)
Discotek (1965)
Blue Ribbon (1965) - I believe this is the last game to use the lockbar of this style.

Pretty sure the same piece was used on the bingo machines of that era as well.

I don't need a whole lockbar, but will consider it if necessary.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5599 35 days ago

looking to buy a set of playfield plastics for gottlieb big shot/hot shot/pro pool.

pinball rescue is sold out

images.jpeg-6 (resized).jpg
#5600 35 days ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

my plater does theses for $10 and end cap. pm me if you want them done

Who do you use??

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.40
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wien, WIEN
$ 50.00
There are 5702 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 115.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside