Topic Stats

• 5,876 posts
  • 555 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Murphdom
  • Topic is favorited by 143 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,758 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0033 (resized).JPG
2020-01-08_12-02-46 (resized).jpg
canon03092019 041 (resized).JPG
4c219ef0b0082086061a4aeae762976b4d09c636 (resized).jpg
twinhoc2 (resized).jpg
2709F37F-DF6A-4562-8027-86031EF03E3A (resized).jpeg
Gottlieb_lockdown_slide_2 (resized).jpg
Gottlieb_lockdown_slide_1 (resized).jpg
Parts Needed (resized).jpg
Parts Needed1 (resized).jpg
thumbnail_20200113_065559 (resized).jpg
DSC00736 (resized).JPG
IMG_3642 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200110_152544172 (resized).jpg

There are 5876 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 118.
#5501 4 months ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

I have a Kings and Queens that I am doing a deep restoration on, I Love the game and it will not be leaving the stable.
I originally bought this game from Shay and it plays so well. I need to make it complete and need the ball tilt mech (as shown) to complete the parts.
[quoted image][quoted image]
I believe this is a common part on games from late 1964 through 1966. I have searched a lot of places for this but have not found one yet. Anyone have one they could let go?
Steve J.

too-many-pins ? PBR has housing but I’m not sure they would fit mid 60’s games.

#5502 4 months ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

I have a Kings and Queens that I am doing a deep restoration on, I Love the game and it will not be leaving the stable.
I originally bought this game from Shay and it plays so well. I need to make it complete and need the ball tilt mech (as shown) to complete the parts.
I believe this is a common part on games from late 1964 through 1966. I have searched a lot of places for this but have not found one yet. Anyone have one they could let go?
Steve J.

How does this look? It’s from a Grand Slam.

04F83228-7EC8-49AA-AA3C-201AABE0034C (resized).jpeg8DEB13BB-702B-493E-B0F5-56FA2191CF16 (resized).jpeg6E1C35E5-2921-489D-9484-080CE5F2851D (resized).jpeg5EC02B9B-09DE-41B0-9E9B-AC437908548F (resized).jpeg
#5503 4 months ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

How does this look? It’s from a Grand Slam.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's the puppy!

#5504 4 months ago

I have a 1970 Gottlieb baseball coindoor which is complete with wiring if anyone is interested

#5505 4 months ago
Quoted from pinball419:

I am searching for a Gottlieb lockdown bar for my king rock. Anyone have any for sale cheap?Is it posts or tabs?

This one is a little dirty, but looks like it will clean up very nicely. I think it's off a jungle queen. Is $65 shipped US cheap?

2019-09-24 22.50.22 (resized).jpg2019-09-24 22.50.37 (resized).jpg
#5506 3 months ago

Jump on it, thats more than reasonable they can easily go for double PLUS shipping.

#5507 3 months ago
Quoted from SadSack:

That is the correct bar for King Rock.

Yes, that is an excellent price.

Don't worry about the appearance. The outer is stainless steel and will brush/polish out well. I use a flapper wheel these days which cleans it up in minutes. Without one 150 grit sandpaper will clean it up nicely. Follow up with 400 or 600 grit if you want a more refined finish.

#5508 3 months ago

Hi everyone, I've been putting up with a problem on my reset bank where no matter how tight I do up the butterfly the reset bank slowly drops on me. Someone in the past broke/cut the metal where the pin slots in and well, there you have it.

So I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have the right side bracket for a reset bank available? It's for the underside of a Surfer, but I'm sure there are many other games that use the same part. I can measure it up for size if there are any possible leads out there.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_20190928_164619 (resized).jpg

IMG_20190928_164628 (resized).jpg

#5509 3 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Hi everyone, I've been putting up with a problem on my reset bank where no matter how tight I do up the butterfly the reset bank slowly drops on me. Someone in the past broke/cut the metal where the pin slots in and well, there you have it.
So I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have the right side bracket for a reset bank available? It's for the underside of a Surfer, but I'm sure there are many other games that use the same part. I can measure it up for size if there are any possible leads out there.
Thanks in advance!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I am sure toomanypins on Pinside/pinjunk on ebay would have that part.

#5510 3 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

So I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have the right side bracket for a reset bank available?

Also Check with Steve at Pinball Resource. Tell him you are looking for a Pivot Bracket for a Relay Bank Part #B-4069

#5511 3 months ago

Fifty,

Can you circle where the break is? I believe I have the part you need, but I just want to make sure. I'm questioning it because I do not see a break/crack in your photo. Assuming I have it, I'll send it for the cost of shipping.

#5512 3 months ago

Looking for 1949 Williams All American quarterback backglass. The one I have is lifting heavily was probably stored in a cold area. Cross-posting this as it is a pitch and bat but has flippers. I know it's a long shot but, it's an interesting rare game. (Stock photo)

image-14 (resized).jpg
#5513 3 months ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

Fifty,
Can you circle where the break is? I believe I have the part you need, but I just want to make sure. I'm questioning it because I do not see a break/crack in your photo. Assuming I have it, I'll send it for the cost of shipping.

looks like the tip has broken off the lock slot

#5514 3 months ago

I have quite a few parts games both EM and SS. Regardless I can certainly take a look if anyone has something they need.

#5515 3 months ago

Looking for this piece of metal from the shooter lane on United pins from the 40s

Shooter Lane (resized).jpg
#5516 3 months ago
Quoted from wayner:

I am sure toomanypins on Pinside/pinjunk on ebay would have that part.

Really? Cool. I'll try looking up the part number now that I know what it is.

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Also Check with Steve at Pinball Resource. Tell him you are looking for a Pivot Bracket for a Relay Bank Part #B-4069

Thank you! I couldn't find the part number anywhere. PBR is out of stock.

Quoted from bonzo71:

Fifty,

Sure. It's the tip that has broken off. I don't have a comparison photo, but I mocked-up the photo to show how it should look. I based it off the left side bracket.
bracket (resized).jpg

Quoted from pinhead52:

looks like the tip has broken off the lock slot

Yes. I believe this is what happened. Here is a picture of the one from PBR website. I thought more of the tip was gone but it looks like it's only a tiny section. Perhaps this isn't why the bank is slipping out of the bracket? On second look though... It looks like mine is rounded out quite a bit. The brass one is definitely tighter. BTW,
gtb-b4069 (resized).jpg

#5517 3 months ago

I am looking for plastic for a Williams Teachers Pet, or someone who can reproduce them. Thanks, Brian

#5518 3 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Sure. It's the tip that has broken off. I don't have a comparison photo, but I mocked-up the photo to show how it should look. I based it off the left side bracket.
[quoted image]

Yes. I believe this is what happened. Here is a picture of the one from PBR website. I thought more of the tip was gone but it looks like it's only a tiny section. Perhaps this isn't why the bank is slipping out of the bracket? On second look though... It looks like mine is rounded out quite a bit. The brass one is definitely tighter. BTW,
[quoted image]

Maybe just a lock or star washer will keep it tight?

#5519 3 months ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Maybe just a lock or star washer will keep it tight?

There isn't a lot of room. I was thinking maybe something along this line as well. Like maybe a thin spring washer.

#5520 3 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Thanks in advance!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

If you are unable to find a new part, might be worth looking into welding some metal on to the area that is missing and then grinding it to spec. Just an Idea.

#5521 3 months ago

Looking for a head for a Bally Rocket III.

#5522 3 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

[quoted image]

[quoted image]

There appears to be enough normal position metal there to enable the locking of the assembly-from that pic providing the section is appropriately tightened I would doubt that is the problem. Also the nyloc nuts which enable oscillation of the assembly can also be tightened to reduce any movement.

#5523 3 months ago
Quoted from wayner:

Also the nyloc nuts which enable oscillation of the assembly can also be tightened to reduce any movement.

I'll give this a shot. I hadn't thought of coming at it from the other side. Thanks!

#5524 3 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I'll give this a shot. I hadn't thought of coming at is from the other side. Thanks!

If this fails, pm me your address and I'll send you the part.

#5525 3 months ago

Anyone have the coin mech/coin box for a Midway bullseye dart game ,or a coin box that would work
I just acquired one but it's missing the coin box
Or does anyone know how I could wire it up to give credits and start a game using a couple switches ,thanks

#5526 3 months ago

Looking for an apron to fit 1964 gottlieb world fair. Helping out a friend.

3483A6E1-C709-49F3-931E-B0440E3D2B74 (resized).jpeg99D186F6-DD8D-42EB-82BC-34D783905779 (resized).jpeg
#5527 3 months ago
Quoted from Comox-Rocks:

Looking for an apron to fit 1964 gottlieb world fair. Helping out a friend.[quoted image][quoted image]

Good luck. I've been looking for one for ages!

#5528 3 months ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

Good luck. I've been looking for one for ages!

You could always buy one of Lee and Gordon's decals and refinish your original holder.
http://pinballrescue.net/Decals_Apron_Gottlieb.html

It is a great product.

#5529 3 months ago
Quoted from MikeO:

You could always buy one of Lee and Gordon's decals and refinish your original holder.
http://pinballrescue.net/Decals_Apron_Gottlieb.html
It is a great product.

That’s exactly what I have. It came out great. I just wish it had the webbing.

3446BC54-A13D-42EF-AE71-A398E1491780 (resized).jpeg
#5530 3 months ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

That’s exactly what I have. It came out great. I just wish it had the webbing.[quoted image]

I've had to buy and sell a whole game to get a decent original instruction card holder for a keeper game.

#5531 3 months ago

I’m wondering if you could scan the pinball rescue decal and have it printed on a clear vinyl decal. Then take your apron and repaint it white and add the webbing and apply the new decal.

#5532 3 months ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

I’m wondering if you could scan the pinball rescue decal and have it printed on a clear vinyl decal. Then take your apron and repaint it white and add the webbing and apply the new decal.

Pinball Rescue's instruction card decals are already printed on clear vinyl. Your suggestion makes sense.
http://pinballrescue.net/Decal_Instructions.html

#5533 3 months ago

But then you have to repaint the upper arch as well so it will match. Unless you don’t care.

#5534 3 months ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

That’s exactly what I have. It came out great. I just wish it had the webbing.[quoted image]

i web these before applying the decal

#5535 3 months ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

i web these before applying the decal

I guess the webbing has to be very thin so the decal sits flat.

#5536 3 months ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

I guess the webbing has to be very thin so the decal sits flat.

webbing before decal doesn't work very well. i web after then clear, looks good

#5537 3 months ago

Why can't the webbing be printed on the decal?

#5538 3 months ago
Quoted from boilerman:

webbing before decal doesn't work very well. i web after then clear, looks good

Does the webbing stick to the decal or does the clear coat hold it all together?

#5539 3 months ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

Does the webbing stick to the decal or does the clear coat hold it all together?

it does stick to the decal but it can be removed with some minor effort, the clear locks it in and smooths it out also. i haven't done one in a while so i don't think i have a pic handy.
i do need to do one soon so maybe i will document the process

#5540 3 months ago
Quoted from boilerman:

it does stick to the decal but it can be removed with some minor effort, the clear locks it in and smooths it out also. i haven't done one in a while so i don't think i have a pic handy.
i do need to do one soon so maybe i will document the process

That would be great, thanks.

#5541 3 months ago

Someone has a midway coin box on eBay, I think it would be the one I could use for the bulls eye game I have ,they want $75 plus $18 shipping ,is that a fair price I offered 50 but he refused .
Just wondered how high I should go or if I should be a little more patient in my search
Thanks for your advice

#5542 3 months ago
Quoted from jdapolito:

Someone has a midway coin box on eBay, I think it would be the one I could use for the bulls eye game I have ,they want $75 plus $18 shipping ,is that a fair price I offered 50 but he refused .
Just wondered how high I should go or if I should be a little more patient in my search
Thanks for your advice

They don't come up that often, so if you really need one, get it. The cheapest I have seen them complete and in good shape is $50.00 + shipping and that was a couple years ago.

#5543 3 months ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

They don't come up that often, so if you really need one, get it. The cheapest I have seen them complete and in good shape is $50.00 + shipping and that was a couple years ago.

I am pretty sure that I have an extra Midway coin box available for $50. PM me.

#5544 3 months ago

I need a GTB late 70s fin style lockdown bar. somebody took a prybar to mine, dang

#5545 3 months ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

I need a GTB late 70s fin style lockdown bar. somebody took a prybar to mine, dang

Is Steve at PBR ever going to make these again?

#5546 3 months ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Looks like this guy has a few of them:

ebay.com link » Unknown Pinball Lockdown Bar Bally Williams Gottlieb Stern Em Ss 1

#5547 3 months ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Is it pure silver???? $100.00 is a little over the top eh, guess rust makes it more valuable.

#5548 3 months ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

ebay.com link » Unknown Pinball Lockdown Bar Bally Williams Gottlieb Stern Em Ss 1

they look like all williams. too bad the jerk didnt give us a better profile shot of the tab in most of the pictures.

#5549 3 months ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

they look like all williams. too bad the jerk didnt give us a better profile shot of the tab in most of the pictures.

Why is he a jerk? His ad says he will gladly take measurements or any pic you need to help identify?

#5550 3 months ago

Pinhead,
I've got a couple of "tab" lockdown bars that are fairly wide, front to back. I marked them as coming off Williams games. They do you any good?
Matter of fact I just stripped a "GAY 90s" Williams pin, got lots of stuff, swinging target, lane kick back, both slings, couple pops, even a in/out lane gate If anyone needs any old Williams stuff.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
There are 5876 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 118.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside