(Topic ID: 35631)

The EM Motherload.

By the4horse

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball_Shed3.jpg
    Pinball_Shed2.jpg
    Pinball_Shed_lo.jpg
    Pinball_Shed_.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Went to get a few parts today and noticed a huge shipping container out front of the pinball business. There must have been 70+ EM's all waiting to be bought back to life...it was a beautiful sight!

They all looked like they'd been stored in a controlled environment and were preserved pretty well...the cabinets were very good and machines for the most part looked complete, lots of early 70's Gottliebs and Williams machines.

I wonder how this will affect the local prices here in Australia when they hit the market as at present prices are high(a fairly rough 'Doodle Bug' sold locally for $900 last week). Hope I can add a few of these beauties to my collection and here's hoping the guy that bought them left a few machines for you guys!

#2 11 years ago
    Quoted from the4horse:

Hope I can add a few of these beauties to my collection and here's hoping the guy that bought them left a few machines for you guys!

If you find a Joker Poker in the lot, would you mind sending it back, mate?

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

pics or it didnt happen!

I just saw the same shipping container but it was full of blonde Australian bathing suit models all calling for me by name...PAFASA! PAFASA!

#5 11 years ago

Luigi's $200,000 pinball barge (containers to sectors in overseas)

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

pics or it didnt happen!

Oops, photo's would've been a good idea, oh well, believe it or not.

#7 11 years ago

So, where is this motheload located?

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

So, where is this motheload located?

Bayside, Brisbane.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from the4horse:

Up near Brisbane.

I've been to Brisbane. There is a motherload of beautiful women there too! In fact all up and down the coast.

#10 11 years ago

Great surf too!

#11 11 years ago

I liked the motherload of women in Melbourne myself

--Jeff

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

I liked the motherload of women in Melbourne myself

Mmmmmm, motherload!

#13 11 years ago

Ahh, it is Tony

75 machines, most seem to be add-a-ball

#14 11 years ago

That's the guy...

#15 11 years ago

I am sure this doesn't need to be a secret and it is surely fairly irrelevant to the majority on this forum.

No pics

No business named

The location is stated to be 'up near Brisbane'

Reading this so far is a waste of time.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from lukex:

Then you must already have a motherload of women.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from lukex:

I am sure this doesn't need to be a secret and it is surely fairly irrelevant to the majority on this forum.
    No pics
    No business named

Gee...so sorry I wasted your time.

#18 11 years ago

Motherload? Motherlode!

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from lukex:

No pics
    No business named

Yet you read it anyway...and I bet you read this too!

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from the4horse:

I don't think we're talking about the same place as there were a lot more than 75.

I am just going by what I read on Aussie Arcade

the Pinball Aged has just unloaded a contained of EMs
    Most look to be Add-a-Ball

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from lukex:

I am sure this doesn't need to be a secret

Unless your in Aussie

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from the4horse:

I wonder how this will affect the local prices here in Australia

Are you in the south side of Bribane?

#23 11 years ago

This is straight from the post on AA by Tony from The Pinball Shed:

"I have been working on this deal for close to 6 months. A warehouse in Europe, full of old pinballs, that have been in dry storage for over 30 years. The deal was done a few months ago and the container full of 75 old pinballs from the 1960's and 1970's, has finally arrived here in Brisbane, at the Pinball Shed, today."

and a comment about them from an EM expert:

"These are too good a deal to pass up a day trip to Brisbane to view, buy and catch up with the Pinball Shed crew.

There are a fair few of these games that have no photos on IPDB"

Pinball_Shed_.jpgPinball_Shed_.jpg

#25 11 years ago

Goldmine

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chrisbee:

Are you in the south side of Bribane?

Just checked your loction, so this load of Em's is the guy in slacks creek? Might go visit my dad and have a look for myself, Honey can you mind the kids?????

PS thanks for sharing most of us here at Pinside appreciate it!

#27 11 years ago

Neato. I wonder what that game is with the cowboys and Gold Strike looking sun on it. Italian version?
    Alex

#28 11 years ago

Always nice to see a post like this one.

Just means more EM's will be saved and fixed to be enjoyed by more folks playing them who truly appreciate these machines.

Have fun Mates!

Cheers!

Ken

#29 11 years ago

Yeah will be good to hear those games finally turned on and brought back to life

#30 11 years ago

damn thats a lot of pin, sad thing is, it will probably sit there for a few years more.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

it will probably sit there for a few years more

I don't think so. These guys are already putting the word out they are for sale so it sounds like they will be releasing them as project machines.....my favorite.

Quoted from Homepin:

"These are too good a deal to pass up a day trip to Brisbane to view, buy and catch up with the Pinball Shed crew.

Read quote.

Ken

#32 11 years ago

Looks like lots of repainted cabinets based on what we can see for paint hidden by the legs. Can anyone identify some of them?

#33 11 years ago

Motherlode! I believed him all along. Who could make up such a story?

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chrisbee:

Just checked your loction, so this load of Em's is the guy in slacks creek? Might go visit my dad and have a look for myself, Honey can you mind the kids?????

Like moths to a flame once a EM is in your sights go for it like a vulture on a carcass.

#35 11 years ago

I'm just glad to see more pins in the wild.

#36 11 years ago

Amazing. Would love to come across something like that someday.

#37 11 years ago

The word is that a lot of these are Italian made games that were rarely seen outside of Europe. Some are Williams or Gottlieb but it seems most are pretty rare.

By all accounts they are being snapped up pretty quick by people keen to restore them.

I noticed a Williams Winner in the pics so I offered whoever bought it my scanned manual, stencils and leftover correct colours paint from when I repainted mine.

The good news is it has a new owner and he has been in contact with me.

I doubt many of these will be left in a week.

#38 11 years ago

Todays message from Tony (The Pinball Shed in Brisbane)

WOW. The last few days has been amazing, seeing so many excited guys dropping in and checking out the pinballs, from 10.30 this morning to 3.00 this afternoon, there were at least 6 guys in the Shed at any one time. Great to catch up with a lot of guys and seeing so many new faces, with some driving from afar. A lot of guys meeting each other for the first time and chatting for ages, it was really great to see, so many guys with a passion for pinball.
    I had three guys telling me that they couldn't get to sleep the night before, this really cracked me up, it was great to hear. There were guys taking pictures and generally having a great time.

We had 4 guys today, all new to em's, that purchased their first one, there were also a couple of guys that I talked out of buying their first one, hopefully these same guys will be back very soon, to buy a more modern game that they don't need to work on.

A few of the larger em collectors from down south have purchased a few between themselves, always great to deal with these guys.

I sold heaps of rubber kits, bling balls, locks and keys, flipper parts, many bulbs and a few coils, and more importantly, many old project pinball machines.

With a few guys driving up from Newcastle tomorrow and early next week, I will wait till after they have been, till I post up a full listing of whats left for sale, hopefully early next week..

Pinball is alive and well here in Australia.

Pinball_Shed_lo.jpgPinball_Shed_lo.jpg

#39 11 years ago

A couple more pics

Pinball_Shed2.jpgPinball_Shed2.jpg Pinball_Shed3.jpgPinball_Shed3.jpg

#40 11 years ago

WOW! just Damn WOW! I love EMs.

#41 11 years ago

I guess this is the key quote from Tony (T.P.S.)

"Pinball is alive and well here in Australia"

#42 11 years ago

Cool stuff!

#43 11 years ago

Damn, I am looking for a granada. The worst part is, there was one on CL not far from me. I take a ride out there, and it is a spanish eyes with a granada BG. oh well, the hunt continues.

#44 11 years ago

To see all those pictures of EM's together just warms the heart.

Maybe someone here in the good ol' USA will find a warehouse full of EM's for us to scavenge through!

Ken

#45 11 years ago

moon flight

#46 11 years ago

Ken, I used to do that many years ago (around '83 through '95) with 3 partners, we used to clear out operator warehouses of pinballs. The problem was finding cheap local warehouses to store them in while we fixed up/sold or routed them ourselves. One of the 3 warehouses we had at one time had over 200 EM's in it, none of them working. I used to love walking down the isles and just looking at them. I did get burned out on fixing them after a while though.

Some ended up being parts games because they had too many serious problems to fix. The worst was mold in the playfield wood (we got those out of an old mine in North Dakota IIRC). They looked good until we removed them from the damp mine shafts. No matter how much I cleaned and treated them, the playfields would turn back to a white film on the games that didn't have playfield glass installed while being stored.

Here's one of the few sad times. We had to pass on a warehouse a route op turned us on to in New Orleans that had over 3000 pinballs (woodrails to early SS) in it. The warehouse was almost a city block in size and the operator never sold anything, he started his route in the late 30's. The owner was retiring and wanted to sell them all in one lot for real cheap too but the problem for us was that we had no place to put any of them at the time. He wouldn't break them up into smaller lots even when we said he could decide which games we could take first. He also wouldn't store them for any length of time until we could get a warehouse, those were the deal breakers for us.

It's a good thing we didn't do the deal because Katrina came through there and wiped out everything 2 months later, nothing was left. We wouldn't have had the time to get them all out. The guy also had 50+ old 1015 juke boxes that he wanted to sell us along with many other coin op stuff from that era too.

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

To see all those pictures of EM's together just warms the heart.
    Maybe someone here in the good ol' USA will find a warehouse full of EM's for us to scavenge through!
    Ken

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

The owner was retiring and wanted to sell them all in one lot for real cheap too but the problem for us was that we had no place to put any of them at the time.

Right place wrong time.
    Hate when that happens.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

It's a good thing we didn't do the deal because Katrina came through there and wiped out everything 2 months later, nothing was left. We wouldn't have had the time to get them all out. The guy also had 50+ old 1015 juke boxes that he wanted to sell us along with many other coin op stuff from that era too.

Well that story just makes me want to cry.

Very sad to lose so many machines in one disaster.

Ken

#49 11 years ago

Always liked the cabinet art on the 70s games.

I'd spend all day looking around in that place.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-motherload and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.