Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Skrippy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2013-2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I've always had a simmering love affair with EMs, but two things happened recently that brought it to a boil. First, I had a great game on Abra Ca Dabra at the Pinvasion tournament at SFGE. I think my score was in the top 10 for the weekend. Needless to say, it was better than making out in the back seat in 1978 with a bottle of wine. THEN, THEN, I bought a beautiful Jumping Jack at SFGE (pics to follow, I can't stop playing). Once I installed the new Shay repro backglass, something magic happened - the game came alive for me. I had two great games in a row (the last one was 75,600).

Now I'm looking all over for more 70's Gottliebs. I love Gottliebs more than zombies love brains. Can't wait to finish restoring my C37 and Buccaneer.

#3 9 years ago

Summer in GA is like winter in WI - nobody wants to go outside.

#8 9 years ago

Yep, taking a break for a few months can often be a good thing.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from shimoda:

I rolled that Abra, Bob Matthews was watching and confirmed it. I score like 90,000 points on ball 5, dropped all the targets, then reset and kept it alive. It was a total thrill. Just thinking about it excites me.

I rolled it too. (EDIT: #5 score: http://www.slam-tilt.com/atlanta/playerIndex.php?disp=game&sel=Classics&game=12)

Great pin, great art...who wants to sell me one cheap?

#12 9 years ago

I love the gameplay on Jumping Jack. Nothing better than missing the skill shot, hitting 9 targets, and then finally hitting the lit saucer to qualify 10x bonus scoring just before getting the last target and collecting the bonus.

#19 9 years ago

I added a VERY nice Abra Ca Dabra today for about $1200. Actually, it was $500 and a "silver" CPR Fathom playfield that my game didn't need nearly as much as his. I hope my trading partner is happy with the deal, I sure am.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

Looks like my first will be a Quick Draw. Only the fast and the dead round here. I'm stoked!

I think that's the best EM around - congrats!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-em-fever-i-have-it?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.